Which bootlegs are you listening to right now?

Comments

• dimitrispearljamdimitrispearljam Posts: 139,549
    Röeghmann wrote:
    London O2 - 2009!
    - Simply amazing Sound, great setlist and A band on fire! LOVE IT!
    Kufala told me that this is the best sound boot they had...amazing night,the sound is like a studio album..
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
    jumbojet wrote:
    BA 13

:) Will catch you in the w/e hopefully.
    in where?? :mrgreen:
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • Glasgow 2000
    Posimists. Fuck the pessimists...fuck'em.
  • jumbojetjumbojet Posts: 1,484
    jumbojet wrote:
    BA 13

:) Will catch you in the w/e hopefully.
    in where?? :mrgreen:

Was talking about the BA 13 bootleg, you mentioned. Plan to get it by digital download in the week-end. Can't wait delivery.
    What's your part, who you are?

2012: Arras, Berlin 1-2
    2013: Sao Paulo, Buenos Aires
    2014: Milano, Trieste, Vienna, Berlin
    2016: NY MSG 1
  • DaveyFrankDaveyFrank Posts: 9
    Vic Theater 2007. FANTASMAGASTIC set!!!

Plus all the great comps from the RVM site.

What I really WISH I could listen to is Busnos Aires from PJ20 tour. Did any of the 2011 shows get released on cd?
  • TamaDrummer91TamaDrummer91 Posts: 1,294
    DaveyFrank wrote:
    Vic Theater 2007. FANTASMAGASTIC set!!!

Plus all the great comps from the RVM site.

What I really WISH I could listen to is Busnos Aires from PJ20 tour. Did any of the 2011 shows get released on cd?

Yup, they are all in the shop here on 10c.
    2008: Bonnaroo
    2010: Bristow
    2012: Atlanta
    2013: Charlottesville, Charlotte
    2014: Cincinnati
    2016: Greenville, Hampton, Raleigh (cancelled), Columbia, Lexington

For your bootleg review needs or recommendations- http://pjbootlegreviews.blogspot.com/
  • mcgruff10mcgruff10 Posts: 28,398
    torino, italy 2006. i gotta say, i really don't like that they played avocado from start to finish. if i was there I would have absolutely hated it; just way too predictable. decent crowd but overall not a big winner in my book.
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me......
  • Hershey, PA 2003
    Posimists. Fuck the pessimists...fuck'em.
  • seattle 2000

Ed says a few songs in : "already you are way better than last night". What is he referring to here?
    Gimli 1993
    Fargo 2003
    Winnipeg 2005
    Winnipeg 2011
    St. Paul 2014
    seattle 2000

Ed says a few songs in : "already you are way better than last night". What is he referring to here?

Crowd's energy, I gues.

• BLACK35BLACK35 Hanover, Ontario Posts: 22,680
    Berlin night 1, 2013
    2005 - London
    2009 - Toronto
    2010 - Buffalo
    2011 - Toronto 1&2
    2013 - London, Pittsburgh, Buffalo
    2014 - Cincinnati, St. Louis, Detroit
    2016 - Ft. Lauderdale, Miami, Ottawa, Toronto 1
    2018 - Fenway 1&2
    2022 - Hamilton, Toronto
    2023 - Chicago 1&2
    2024 - Las Vegas 1&2
    prague 12
  • shetellsherselfshetellsherself New Jersey Posts: 8,818
    London 5/30/00. Oh yeah
    5/3/92 Omaha, NE
    6/19/95 Red Rocks
    9/11/98 MSG
    11/19/12 EV solo Tulsa
    7/19/13 Wrigley 10/19/13 Brooklyn 2 10/21/13 Philly 1 10/22/13 Philly 2 10/25/13 Hartford
    10/08/14 Tulsa 10/09/14 Lincoln
    9/26/15 NYC Global Citizen
    4/16/16 Greenville 4/28/16 Philly 1 4/29/16 Philly 2 5/1/16 MSG 1 5/2/16 MSG 2 8/7/16 Fenway 2 8/20/16 Wrigley 1
    4/7/17 RRHOF New York City
    9/2/18 Fenway 1 9/4/2018 Fenway 2
    9/18/21 Asbury Park
    2/4/22 EV Earthlings NYC 2/6/22 EV Earthlings Newark 9/11/22 MSG 9/14/22 Camden
    9/3/24 MSG 1 9/4/24 MSG 2 9/7/24 Philly 1 9/9/24 Philly 2
    prague 12

Good one. What I couldnot get is, Eddie praises the crowd very much during the show but from the bootleg, the crowd did not sound very energetic to me with weak sing-alongs. I think Berlin crowds were much better.

jumbojet wrote:
    prague 12

Good one. What I couldnot get is, Eddie praises the crowd very much during the show but from the bootleg, the crowd did not sound very energetic to me with weak sing-alongs. I think Berlin crowds were much better.
    i was there..after amsterdam 2 and berlin 2 was a top fuckin great show..

the crowd was unreal..and at the bootleg???

nothing
    we was listening here at the pj radio thread the premiere of the show..with friends was at the show
    and we all was like..wtf????where is the crowd..was so fuckin lound at the arena..even at of the girl you couldnt listen the band from the screaming..but at the bootleg??nothing
    i dont know what happen..this show and belfast 2010 are the 2 show that bootleg is away low than was the show
    London 5/30/00. Oh yeah
    in my top 20 shows...fuck i love it..
    i put BA 13 to listen.,..and i stop it...

and put 2011 from BA.....

Danm...that crod was unreal..great at 2013...but 2011..is the top of the top

love those latinos
    jumbojet wrote:
    prague 12

i was there..after amsterdam 2 and berlin 2 was a top fuckin great show..

the crowd was unreal..and at the bootleg???

nothing
    we was listening here at the pj radio thread the premiere of the show..with friends was at the show
    and we all was like..wtf????where is the crowd..was so fuckin lound at the arena..even at of the girl you couldnt listen the band from the screaming..but at the bootleg??nothing
    i dont know what happen..this show and belfast 2010 are the 2 show that bootleg is away low than was the show

I see, that should be kind of frustrating not to find in the bootleg the experience you had at the show.
    And Belfast 2010, I have my eye on it for a while. I love 2010 bootlegs and this one seems to have a killer setlist.
    London Hyde Park 2010 seems to receive some praise in this thread but setlist-wise, Belfast seems more interesting to me. I think it will go with my next round of bootleg order.

jumbojet wrote:
    I see, that should be kind of frustrating not to find in the bootleg the experience you had at the show.
    And Belfast 2010, I have my eye on it for a while. I love 2010 bootlegs and this one seems to have a killer setlist.
    London Hyde Park 2010 seems to receive some praise in this thread but setlist-wise, Belfast seems more interesting to me. I think it will go with my next round of bootleg order.
    belfast was by far better show...amazing moment..

as for hyde park...

well...

even thery didnt play anything.....not one song..i would still love it!!! :mrgreen:

113yd.jpg

love those latinos

Yes, it is time to accept that crowd energy in BA-13 was less than BA-11, although I've been there and was an experience I'll never forget.

Could be due to number of factors:

- Outside vs inside venue.
    - Huge Festival crowd vs less but hard-core PJ crowd
    - The gig started somewhat late (around 22) and previous festival bands might have sucked some energy from the crowd.
    - 2011 crowd might have been abducted by aliens for examining.

So on so forth.

as for hyde park...

well...

even thery didnt play anything.....not one song..i would still love it!!! :mrgreen:

113yd.jpg

Wow. Is that Mike's signature!

jumbojet wrote:

as for hyde park...

well...

113yd.jpg

Wow. Is that Mike's signature!
    yep...Gods words and signature!!!!
  • nickburrows14nickburrows14 Posts: 858
    Perth, Australia Feb 23rd 2003.
    Happy up here in my tree
  • UmikoUmiko Posts: 38
    edited May 2013
    jumbojet wrote:

love those latinos

Yes, it is time to accept that crowd energy in BA-13 was less than BA-11, although I've been there and was an experience I'll never forget.

Could be due to number of factors:

- Outside vs inside venue.
    - Huge Festival crowd vs less but hard-core PJ crowd
    - The gig started somewhat late (around 22) and previous festival bands might have sucked some energy from the crowd.
    - 2011 crowd might have been abducted by aliens for examining.

So on so forth.

I was there too ( I'm from BA ) and I was in 2011 as well and I've noticed the difference about the crowd even during the concert. This is what I think it happened:

1) The sound was terrible. I was at the front and you could hear up to 3 different sounds depending on the place you were. It was like listening the show with an eco all the time and that got the crowd really confused specially in the parts where Eddie asked us to sing. I remember specially the last part of Even Flow when at one moment all the people around me stopped singing since we got really confused.
    2) The arena, specially at the front, was FULL of mud and at some parts I noticed the crowd more focused in not falling down than participating from the show. It was dangerous specially when all the people started to jump which here, in BA happens almost all the time :D
    3) It was a festival. A lot of people that was there was not PJ fans. The good thing is that after the show finished I listened a lot of people saying things like "I didn't know this band! It was great!". That's the power of PJ :)
    4) BA 2011 was in a stadium and BA 2013 in an open field.
    5) Even if the crowd was different in the festival than in the PJ solo show I think the crowd sound was reduced in some way when the bootleg was recorder or created. I've watched the video broadcast several times and even there the crowd is louder. ( http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xEm5fTnKlzA )

That being said, I will always prefer a PJ solo show with a crowd full of people that not only know the band but they love them but If I need to choose between a festival or not having PJ at all I will always choose a festival without doubt.

BTW, sorry for my english level :)
    Post edited by Umiko on
    Oh, and I forgot to say: I really don't care that much about the crowd sound in the BA 2013 boot. Luckily I was there and it was magical. Both concerts. I really loved them. And now as someone said before I have 'post show depression'. I will start listening both boots right now, maybe that can help :(

So: BA 2013 to start...
    Umiko wrote:
    Oh, and I forgot to say: I really don't care that much about the crowd sound in the BA 2013 boot. Luckily I was there and it was magical. Both concerts. I really loved them. And now as someone said before I have 'post show depression'. I will start listening both boots right now, maybe that can help :(

Hi Umiko, looks like we are concert buddies. :)
    Yeah, the mud. My jeans were covered till my knees. I found about it when I hit the hotelroom 2.5 hours after the end of the show. What a nite it was.
    Yes, it was magical. Hope to live it again.
    I will listen to it on the w/e and make a toast to the best band and you and all crazy argentinian fans. :)

jumbojet wrote:
    Umiko wrote:

Hi Umiko, looks like we are concert buddies. :)
    Yeah, the mud. My jeans were covered till my knees. I found about it when I hit the hotelroom 2.5 hours after the end of the show. What a nite it was.
    Yes, it was magical. Hope to live it again.
    I will listen to it on the w/e and make a toast to the best band and you and all crazy argentinian fans. :)

Please don't forget to include yourself in the toast as well since you were there too being part of that special, magical and unique night :D I hope you can came here the next time PJ plays in BA jumbojet! And lets hope is soon! Cheers!
  • PapPap Posts: 28,781
    Santiago, Chile November 16th 2011
    Athens 2006 / Milton Keynes 2014 / London 1&2 2022 / Seattle 1&2 2024 / Dublin 2024 / Manchester 2024
  • AmherstJammerAmherstJammer Posts: 1,510
    Verona 2000