Options

Please Pearl Jam, consider a VINYL Benaroya Hall re-issue!

Comments

• Options
    WOULD BE AWESOME!!!
    2008 - MSG 6/24-6/25
    2010 - Newark 5/18 MSG 5/21
    2011 - PJ20 9/3-9/4
    2012 - MIA Festival 9/2
    2013 - Wrigley Field 7/19 Brooklyn 10/18-10/19 Philly 10/22
    2015 - Colbert show - 9/23 Global Citizens Festival 9/26
    2016 - Philly 4/28-4/29 MSG 5/1-5/2

• Options
    cp3iversoncp3iverson Posts: 8,641
    my need for a Benny has decreased because DC'98 is going to be incredible coming out of my stereo.
  • Options
    goldrushgoldrush everybody knows this is nowhere Posts: 7,305
    "What's-this-thread-doing-on-Page-3?" bump :)
    “Do not postpone happiness”
    (Jeff Tweedy, Sydney 2007)

“Put yer good money on the sunrise”
    (Tim Rogers)
  • Options
    Leezestarr313Leezestarr313 Temple of the cat Posts: 14,346
    goldrush wrote:
    "What's-this-thread-doing-on-Page-3?" bump :)

:thumbup: Good call :D
  • Options
    mr_canadamr_canada Posts: 555
    Any day now
  • Options
    Tender little evening bump :wave:
  • Options
    It's fall, seems like the perfect time to spin this lovely bunch of records. There's only one thing missing - the records :P :wave:

BUMP!
  • Options
    Newch91Newch91 Posts: 17,560
    It's fall, seems like the perfect time to spin this lovely bunch of records. There's only one thing missing - the records :P :wave:

BUMP!
    Shows: 6.27.08 Hartford, CT/5.15.10 Hartford, CT/6.18.2011 Hartford, CT (EV Solo)/10.19.13 Brooklyn/10.25.13 Hartford
    "Becoming a Bruce fan is like hitting puberty as a musical fan. It's inevitable." - dcfaithful
  • Options
    evsgjammevsgjamm Posts: 2,103
    edited September 2013
    PJ_Soul wrote:
    I would take it between two pieces of cardboard cut from liquor store boxes and then wrapped in newspaper. I really don't care. :)

http://www.customrecords.com/custom_mad ... ecord.html
    wpg pearl wrote:
    I would take one any way i can get it. red black and yellow
    wpg pearl wrote:
    i would take it anyway i could get it
    kw18 wrote:
    wpg pearl wrote:
    i would take it anyway i could get it

:shock:

Me too. :lol:
    mahndog wrote:
    sign me up for a copy. . . dont care what color or what packaging, just want to spin it :-)

Bump for an affordable version 8-)

This, most definitely!! :thumbup:
    Bumpity :wave:

Congrats to all the people who could score one of the original ones yesterday. Now, let's make all the other people happy who also want to spin this baby on their turntables but cannot afford to pay a monthly salary for it...

RobbyD462 wrote:
    Reissue is a must!

10C know's the value on this set by selling it at the Poster sale for $400.
    Originally sold for $35

Even if this was sold for $50-$80 Not numbered as a reissue it would
    sell out in a matter of hours/days.
    It could even be once again a Charity Reissue if they prefer.
    That would be great! It could be on black vinyl and it wouldn't matter.
    Not many people can shell out the $800-$1000 it costs for one of these sets.

A buddy of mine is on the bootleg right after Masters of War and yells "Drum Solo".
    I wanna hear that on vinyl!

Anyways...

I'd pay up to $500 for one of these sets and even that's ridiculous!

Think how happy it would make so many people if they reissued it.
    10C knows everybody wants this and everybody should get it. ;)

Please reissue 10C!

Would be more constructive than those Warm Up suits..... :lol: :fp:

Thanks for reading!
    Cheers on your Weekend.....
    PH20 wrote:
    I want to spin it sooo badly. The cd is great, but vinyl...that's what I need.
    Zod wrote:

I don't think they'll reissue it.

1) Unlike the studio albums, this one was issued on a limited basis right from the start. A run of 2000.

2) They are aware it is a collectors item now and many people have purchased it for some pretty large sums of cash (even the 10c themselves have sold it for 400).

It's one of those things. Does the band go through their catalog and reissue everything that was pretty rare?:

1) The First Fan Club 7"
    2) Blue Vs.
    3) Ten Basketball Vinyl
    4) Live at Soldier Field (even though the radio station released this?).

I think the band/10c is ok with some merch being a collectors item. I don't think the rarity of an item makes a reissue a must.. lol. Every band needs a few rare items to keep the fans salivating :)
    Zod wrote:

I don't think they'll reissue it.

1) Unlike the studio albums, this one was issued on a limited basis right from the start. A run of 2000.

2) They are aware it is a collectors item now and many people have purchased it for some pretty large sums of cash (even the 10c themselves have sold it for 400).

It's one of those things. Does the band go through their catalog and reissue everything that was pretty rare?:

1) The First Fan Club 7"
    2) Blue Vs.
    3) Ten Basketball Vinyl
    4) Live at Soldier Field (even though the radio station released this?).

I think the band/10c is ok with some merch being a collectors item. I don't think the rarity of an item makes a reissue a must.. lol. Every band needs a few rare items to keep the fans salivating :)

I get your point, but see, Vs has been re-issued, and Ten and Backspacer are available in different versions too. We don't want to have a replica of the wine coloured version, we are asking for a release on regular black vinyl. The collector's value of the original 2000 wouldn't be disturbed in any way.

I don't want to disappoint or upset collectors, I just want to listen to this beautiful piece of music on vinyl. And I don't want to spend an arm and a leg.

whgarrett wrote:
    I promise you that it sounds just as good on cd as it does on vinyl. Better even if you have a good system. Sold mine and never looked back. They could reissue for 30.00 and i wouldn't buy it. Save your money. :D

It's good that you are happy with your decision :) People like different things, that seems to be human nature. You like music on CDs or as files, I prefer my music on vinyl. I enjoy the haptics, the "physicality", the little noises, the warm, full sound, and even just holding the cover and looking at the art.
    I cannot imagine at what point in my life I would be able to shell out 800 + dollars for a vinyl album, and I think there are others like me. I have never even seen one in real life, I don't know anybody I could visit to see it spinning and listen to it. Beautiful music like that shouldn't be that exclusive.
    That is why I keep bumping this thread :shifty:
    RobbyD462 wrote:
    Caveeze wrote:
    But this will lower the value of all three of my Benny Halls!! ;)

I don't think so.
    Originals always keep their value especially since the original was hand numbered.

They are reissuing Mad Season,Blind Melon and Counting Crows(August...) on RSD.
    I have originals of all three and will probably still try and get reissues of at least MS and BM.
    It does not bother me as much knowing that every record I own has a story behind it.
    Although it would be nice to save the originals for special occasions... ;)

I don't have a Benny but if they reissued it, this would be possibly the
    smartest thing PJ could do for this Club.
    They know how much the Originals go for.Originally $40 they charged $400 for at the poster sale.
    This was a deal! But really?
    $400 for a record set! Lots of people can't even justify that let alone $1000-$1200 it costs for
    a sealed edition.
    More fans the merrier the original is already their for the collectors
    now give an issue for the Fans!

You could charge $100 and it's still worth it.
    Please Reissue this set!!
    It makes sense look at the demand.

Thanks for reading
    mr_canada wrote:
    Just reissue it already...along with all your releases. For a band who loves vinyl, I find it strange that they won't help their fans out.

As for the fact that it was sold as a limited item...they blew it when they reissued the limited PJ20 Deluxe Set.

Stop fucking the fans over.

I read every comment on this thread. All 25 pages so I feel qualified to have an opinion. I respect your freedom of speech here and your right to be an activist, but this thread lit a fire under my ass.
    I was lucky enough to be one of the first 2000 people to hit "add to cart" the day these Benny's came online back in '04. My vinyl collection at that time was pushing the 200 count mark and my turntable was being used every day. But for whatever reason, when this item showed up to my doorstep and I opened up that cardboard box and held the Benny for the first time... I couldn't bring myself to open it.
    I'm a collector of many things and this item to me was special the moment I became an owner and I wanted to keep it in pristine condition like many of my other collectibles. I've succeeded in doing so. My vinyl collection is now over 500 strong and I have many sealed records. They will remain collectible and in mint shape for as long as I live. When my kids are older, they will become the owners of my collection and they will do with it whatever they wish. I take offense when I read comments that bash my collecting ways. I have every right to choose which vinyl I spin and which vinyl I have strictly for show 'n tell.

For all those people I quoted above; the ones that just want to be able to spin a Benny, no matter the color (or track-listing apparently), the service exists. You can end this thread by going here. Although it sure seems like the whining and annoying bumping will never end until the princes and princesses get what they want. http://www.customrecords.com/custom_mad ... ecord.html

or here http://www.vinyl-pressing.com/index.php?page=prices (but it'll cost you a little over 200 euros) and you'll get it on 4 vinyl, much like Benny.

or here: http://www.mp3tovinyl.com/faq/

To all those wanting a Benny on vinyl, put your money where your mouth is before I start a petition to end this thread. And we all know how annoying petitions can get. It is legal to make a copy of an album for your own personal use as long as you don't sell it. You can read up on this. You don't own a Benny; live with it or do something yourself and quit asking a busy company for something you selfishly want. They do enough for you as it is. Every time I see a "Bump" on this thread and many others like it, I shake my head. The 10C is a top shelf organization and I think many of you take it for granted. Let those that are able to afford eBay Benny's, and those that were fortunate enough to be in the right place at the right time back in '04, to enjoy their rarities in peace. You can't have everything and your jealousy is tasteless.
    However, as I'm all for charity and those in need, BUMP for the poor and less fortunate in this world I guess. Priorities are clearly in order.
    I'm hated right now by so many of you. I look forward to your hate mail.
    Post edited by evsgjamm on
    Vancouver '03, Paramount Theatre '05, Saskatoon '05, Calgary '05, Edmonton '05, Saskatoon '11, Calgary '11, Calgary '13

2010 WATCH IT GO TO FIRE!!
  • Options
    PingfahPingfah Posts: 350
    evsgjamm wrote:

You don't own a Benny; live with it or do something yourself and quit asking a busy company for something you selfishly want. They do enough for you as it is.

Oh please, that is a ridiculous statement. There's nothing selfish about requesting a product that you are willing to pay for. That's how supply and demand works. People want a product, they ask for it, if there's enough demand it gets manufactured, company makes profit.

Anybody with any head for business would be over the moon to have customers clamouring for product, because that is how companies make money!
  • Options
    Nobody is bashing collectors or their ways here. As far as I'm concerned they can do whatever they want with their sealed vinyl. I am not petitioning for exactly the same version. I would be very happy with a vinyl version that is affordable to me. I do see the point where collectors get the shivers that their prized collection might lose value at some point. On the other hand, I could also say "be lucky that you were in the right spot at the right time. If you didn't sell it back then, that is your problem."
    I'm in it for the music and the sound, you are in it for the monetary value and the rarity factor. Don't bash me for having a different interest. And if you want to save the rarity factor of your sealed set, have it signed by the whole band. With a golden pen. Nobody else will have that. Ha.

Oh, and $119 for a 12-minute 33 rpm vinyl? If I cannot justify spending 500-800-whatever bucks on the original album, why should I be able to afford it having made like that?

Peace-bump.
  • Options
    SS9981SS9981 Posts: 1,729
    Re-issue +1
    Scott A. Setser
  • Options
    Pingfah wrote:
    There's nothing selfish about requesting a product that you are willing to pay for.

two words: Reeenk Roink

If that's how you feel, then start another absolutely ridiculous thread to get Reeenk Roink CD's reissued, or Basketball picture disks reissued, or old posters, or rare T-shirts and hoodies, or pins or patches or flags or cassettes or guitar picks, zippo lighters, playing cards etc. etc. etc. After all, it's just supply and demand and we all know there's demand for all this stuff too. Can't be happy 'til you get what you want by the looks of it. Why don't they just re-issue every item that's ever been produced at the old 10C. While they're at it; re-issue the re-issues, because by that time, more people will want want want want want want. Call it the TenClub - Reissued.

The band has a strong opinion on greed. It sure sounds like many of you don't respect that view point, however. If you don't have Bennaroya on vinyl and you're not willing to spend what the market says it's worth, either go get a copy printed on vinyl yourself or do what most people do; live without it.
    Vancouver '03, Paramount Theatre '05, Saskatoon '05, Calgary '05, Edmonton '05, Saskatoon '11, Calgary '11, Calgary '13

• Options
    :lol:

You're just getting pissy because the perceived value and rarity of your possessions is at threat, and you have the nerve to call other people greedy just because they want the experience of listening to a great album on a great format, a format that PJ love?

Might I remind you that PJ have already reissued Ten, Vs and Vitalogy on vinyl, it's certainly not something they are opposed to doing. And I doubt they'd be impressed at the bitterness and vitriol you are spewing at their fans simply for requesting that they make an album more easily available on the fans' favourite format.
  • Options
    Thank you, Pingfah :)
  • Options
    SVRDhand13SVRDhand13 NYC Posts: 25,890
    Nobody is bashing collectors or their ways here.

Vinyl is meant to be played. Anybody who still has Benny sealed is doing it wrong.
    severed hand thirteen

2006: Gorge 7/23 2008: Hartford 6/27 Beacon 7/1 2009: Spectrum 10/30-31
    2010: Newark 5/18 MSG 5/20-21 2011: PJ20 9/3-4 2012: Made In America 9/2
    2013: Brooklyn 10/18-19 Philly 10/21-22 Hartford 10/25 2014: ACL10/12
    2015: NYC 9/23 2016: Tampa 4/11 Philly 4/28-29 MSG 5/1-2 Fenway 8/5+8/7
    2017: RRHoF 4/7   2018: Fenway 9/2+9/4   2021: Sea Hear Now 9/18 
    2022: MSG 9/11  2024: MSG 9/3-4 Philly 9/7+9/9 Fenway 9/15+9/17
  • Options
    Pingfah wrote:
    :lol:

You're just getting pissy because the perceived value and rarity of your possessions is at threat, and you have the nerve to call other people greedy just because they want the experience of listening to a great album on a great format, a format that PJ love?

Might I remind you that PJ have already reissued Ten, Vs and Vitalogy on vinyl, it's certainly not something they are opposed to doing. And I doubt they'd be impressed at the bitterness and vitriol you are spewing at their fans simply for requesting that they make an album more easily available on the fans' favourite format.

Pingfah (and everyone else interested in spinning a Benny),

I pointed the people in the direction of where they can go to get this (or any other digital music files) pressed on vinyl. Anyone here afraid of a little DIY? The process is already out there for everyone on this thread to use. If you want to hear the album on vinyl, the resource is there for you. What's stopping you? You could be spinning your very own Benny to your hearts content instead of waiting around and banging your fingers against this thread for two years. Get some initiative and go get what it is you want rather than waiting for someone else to do it for you. There's a solution out there. Do you want it? Based on what I've read, I'd say the answer to that question is a big fat "YES!" Well?? GO GET IT THEN!

By the way, Pingfah, you're wrong about me. I am not threatened by the perceived loss in value of what I own. I don't collect vinyl with the intention of selling when the market says prices are high. My enjoyment comes from being first on the scene and maintaining "collectibles" in as good of shape as the day they were made. They will always be valuable to me.

Leezestarr, I think you're blinders / filters are on. If I was to state "A lot of people hate it when vinyl collectors buy vinyl, keep it sealed and never spin it." Furthermore, it's those people that always say "Vinyl was meant to be played!!!" Fair statements? There's a clearly defined hatred on here by those people who don't like it when others don't spin their own vinyl.

• Options
    SS9981SS9981 Posts: 1,729
    I don't think it's "hatred" or "jealousy" as you put it. It's more like buying a model kit & never assembling it. Every person has a right to do with their collectibles what they will, just seems strange to some that you will never enjoy the item as the maker intended for it to be. Just my opinion & I know, everyone has one. Scott
    Scott A. Setser
  • Options
    evsgjamm wrote:

Pingfah (and everyone else interested in spinning a Benny),

I pointed the people in the direction of where they can go to get this (or any other digital music files) pressed on vinyl. Anyone here afraid of a little DIY? The process is already out there for everyone on this thread to use. If you want to hear the album on vinyl, the resource is there for you. What's stopping you? You could be spinning your very own Benny to your hearts content instead of waiting around and banging your fingers against this thread for two years. Get some initiative and go get what it is you want rather than waiting for someone else to do it for you. There's a solution out there. Do you want it? Based on what I've read, I'd say the answer to that question is a big fat "YES!" Well?? GO GET IT THEN!

By the way, Pingfah, you're wrong about me. I am not threatened by the perceived loss in value of what I own. I don't collect vinyl with the intention of selling when the market says prices are high. My enjoyment comes from being first on the scene and maintaining "collectibles" in as good of shape as the day they were made. They will always be valuable to me.

Leezestarr, I think you're blinders / filters are on. If I was to state "A lot of people hate it when vinyl collectors buy vinyl, keep it sealed and never spin it." Furthermore, it's those people that always say "Vinyl was meant to be played!!!" Fair statements? There's a clearly defined hatred on here by those people who don't like it when others don't spin their own vinyl.

I don't care whether you spin your own vinyl or not, I am a Queen collector and I fully understand the mindset. But the fact you think that cutting your own copy of a record off a CD or mp3 is a reasonable way of getting an album to listen to on vinyl does go to show that you have no concept of why vinyl listeners enjoy the experience so much.

Do you think they just sent a copy of the CD to the pressing plant to create the Benaroya release? Here's a hint, they didn't.
  • Options
    ZodZod Posts: 10,254
    Pingfah wrote:

I don't care whether you spin your own vinyl or not, I am a Queen collector and I fully understand the mindset. But the fact you think that cutting your own copy of a record off a CD or mp3 is a reasonable way of getting an album to listen to on vinyl does go to show that you have no concept of why vinyl listeners enjoy the experience so much.

Do you think they just sent a copy of the CD to the pressing plant to create the Benaroya release? Here's a hint, they didn't.

I agree. Sourcing a vinyl from mp3/cd defies the logic in listening to a record on the first place. The Sound Quality on records (if done right) is outstanding and better than CD (and eons better than mp3).

This does make we wonder by no one has bootlegged an actual benaroya vinyl yet. PJ bootleg's leak out from time to time (like soldier field). Surely some evil bootlegger out there could turn a tidy profit if they shelled out for an original benoraya and cloned it (to start pressing vinyl copies). I think you can keep most of the quality if you clone a record properly.

As for PJ putting out a re-release. I think the intent was that Benaroya was a limited and special set when it came out. It sold out in less then two days and was meant to be limited and unique from the get go. If the band can't get their shit together to reissue the studio albums (which were never intended to be of a limited nature) I can't imagine they'd get around to ever redoing Benaroya.

I'm still surprised it hasn't been bootlegged yet.
  • Options
    Yeah I agree, I don't think Benaroya owners have anything to worry about, it probably won't get a rerelease.

But old records do get repressed all the time, I have seen the value of numerous rare records plummet recently, as both Core & Purple have been rereleased, and Mad Season Above. But there's no point in complaining, I am just glad there's a new version so I can get a pristine copy of them to listen to. Most of mine have been played to death since the 90s!
  • Options
    Pingfah wrote:
    you have no concept of why vinyl listeners enjoy the experience so much.

Again Pingfah, you're wrong. I know the true meaning of a warm full sound, the way the artist intended us to hear it. I know that compressed music won't give you that. I still gave a solution to those wanting Benny's on vinyl. It would at the very least get people by until a) Benny's are re-issued or b) bootlegs are pressed or c) they acquire an original.
    Pingfah wrote:

:fp: Having a tough time understanding my point now. It's lost in translation.

To everyone wanting this on vinyl; best of luck to ya's.

• Options
    Evsgjamm, I get it, you are one of the lucky ones. I applaud you for being there at the right point in time and having the 35 dollars to afford this album on vinyl. Yes, what I don't get is that you still keep it sealed, because in my opinion, this is something that probably gains by being spun. But that is just my opinion... I get the whole collector thing. I have friends who bought the white Backspacer for lots of money and saw the value plummeting by it being sold on here. I know what it could mean. I don't wanna touch that. I want the collectors to get and keep what they want. But I became a vinyl afficionado a lot because og Pearl Jam. I collect their albums, I invest a lot of my hard-earned money in Pearl Jam LPs. I paid 200 dollars for a 2-record album that I also have on CD, just because I became infatuated with the sound and feel of LPs. To a big part because of the band that I am a fan club member of. And the album that I want to listen to on vinyl the most is the one that I would have to pay half a car (yeah a car that I can afford) for. If the band wants me to spend money on vinyl because they think it is superior, why don't they make stuff like this available to the people they "lured" into buying vinyl? I am also a fan of the Queens of the Stone Age. They also have a couple of things that are and were not readily available. My first really BIG purchase was Lullabies to Paralyze by them. I loved having it. I played it to death. Then they re-issued it. Cheaper. I ordered it again. And I love playing both of these versions. I would love PJ to take on some of the methods QOTSA operates on. They have a big, devoted, and growing fan base. It doesn't shrink becqause they reissue albums. Even hard to look for ones. It grows even. I would love my "first" band to follow this example and stop posing as the shy girl who earns their money as a top model but doesn't tell anybody about it.
  • Options
    Best of luck in everyone's journey on getting their vinyl.

• Options
    I would still like to own this on vinyl, and because new tenclubbers are coming on here every now and then, I keep bumping this thread to keep the thought alive :P :)

We sat on the floor with a couple of drinks the other night, spinning Riot Act and Binaural and we had such a fantastic time. To me, no ipod, CD or youtube video is coming even close to the sound of vinyl and the whole analog experience. I love the Benny Hall show, it is one of my favourite PJ shows. And I love vinyl. Of course I would want to own this record set. Not for it's collector's value, to spin it and bathe in the warm sounds like in liquid chocolate...

Happy fall :wave: I hope all of the people who own a vinyl Benny for spinning are having it out on their decks one of these days ...
  • Options
    :corn:

:wave:
  • Options
    InHiding19InHiding19 Posts: 2,385
    pretty please represssssssssssssss
    Out of the Blue and Into the Black................Uncle Neil Philly 08 here I come!!!!
  • Options
    Thursday bump :wave:

The weather is getting more Benny Hall worty every day ...
  • Options
    ZodZod Posts: 10,254
    Pingfah wrote:
    Yeah I agree, I don't think Benaroya owners have anything to worry about, it probably won't get a rerelease.

But old records do get repressed all the time, I have seen the value of numerous rare records plummet recently, as both Core & Purple have been rereleased, and Mad Season Above. But there's no point in complaining, I am just glad there's a new version so I can get a pristine copy of them to listen to. Most of mine have been played to death since the 90s!

I agree that I don't think it'll get repressed. Those other albums were never meant to be limited. They only had the downside of being pressed at a time where the masses weren't interested in vinyl (thus the limited runs were more accidental in nature).

Benaroya's limited nature was completely on purpose. 2000 copies. It sold out in under 2 days. It wasn't even enough to meet the demand the year in which it was pressed. I remember getting mind and checking ebay to see what an extra would cost. They were already up to $400 in no time.

If the band wanted to make it readily available they probably wouldn't of limited it to 2000 in the first place :) They have a hard enough time repressing their non limited edition sets.... doubt they'll ever get around to do another Benaroya. It's sort of become a legend :)
  • Options
    mr_canadamr_canada Posts: 555
    Offer a standard version. After they re-released the PJ20 Deluxe edition in a standard format they can longer argue the "limited edition" reasoning.