Options

Please Pearl Jam, consider a VINYL Benaroya Hall re-issue!

Comments

• Options
    Leezestar, I like your idea of PJ re-issuing Benny on plain vinyl and giving the proceeds to charity. They could charge between $30 and $40 for it, and not make it limited. I could never afford the big bucks for the limited edition, but I would love to have it on vinyl to spin. I grew up with vinyl and never stopped loving it! :D
    "A beacon on dry land"
  • Options
    mr_canadamr_canada Posts: 555
    Should be anytime now :lol:
  • Options
    mr_canada wrote:

I certainly hope so! :D
    "A beacon on dry land"
  • Options
    ItIsAllAboutPJItIsAllAboutPJ S.B., CA Posts: 829
    mr_canada wrote:

I certainly hope so! :D

I'm holding my breath..... :shock: :lol:
  • Options
    Give us some news on this baby...
  • Options

How about tomorrow, since it's Tuesday?? ;)
    "A beacon on dry land"
  • Options
    Leezestarr313Leezestarr313 Temple of the cat Posts: 14,346

How about tomorrow, since it's Tuesday?? ;)

:thumbup: Monday-bump!
  • Options
    mfc2006mfc2006 HTOWN Posts: 37,385
    The only way I'll ever own this is if they reissue it!
    I LOVE MUSIC.
    www.cluthelee.com
    www.cluthe.com
  • Options
    H.ChinaskiH.Chinaski Brooklyn, NY Posts: 1,596
    mfc2006 wrote:
    The only way I'll ever own this is if they reissue it!
    Pine Knob, MI Lollapalooza 1992 / Soldier Field, Chicago 1995 / Savage Hall, Toledo 1996 / Palace, Detroit 1998 / Palace, Detroit 2000 / Pine Knob, MI 2003 / Showbox, Seattle 2004 / MSG, NYC 2008 / Key Arena I & II, Seattle 2009 / Eddie Vedder Beacon, NYC 2011 / Eddie Vedder Benaroya, Hall Seattle 2011 / Barclays, Brooklyn I &II 2013 / Wells Fargo, Philadelphia II 2013 / Wuhlheide, Berlin, Germany 2014 / Wells Fargo, Philadelphia 1 2016 / Madison Square Garden, NYC 2 2016 / Wrigley 2, Chicago 2016/ Fenway 1, Boston 2018/
  • Options
    Sunday-night-bumparoola :wave:
  • Options
    PjdreamerPjdreamer Posts: 318
    I have all pj releases on vinyl. The one that stands out and sounds different to me is rearviewmirror. The beginning of black sounds like a different recording, not so studio edited and compressed. It actually sounds like stones amp is in your living room. no bullshit. It's definatly my favorite to listen to and I have a very picky ear. Benny sounds amazing but that sounds amazing on anything. It's got to be one of the best quality recordings pj has done.
    Pjdreamer
  • Options
    Not only would Benny be great, but how about everything from Vitalogy on? Yield, Binaural, and No Code especially.
    The prices are ridiculous for these albums right now.
    Toronto 06-28-2003
    09-19-2005
    05-09-2006
    09-11-2011
    London 07-16-2013
    Ottawa 05-08-2016
    record.gif
  • Options
    buck502000buck502000 Birthplace of GIBSON guitar Posts: 8,951
    This is exactly what I am waiting for, I just want to listen to the albums.
  • Options
    Not only would Benny be great, but how about everything from Vitalogy on? Yield, Binaural, and No Code especially.
    The prices are ridiculous for these albums right now.

I feel your pain! I built my collection very slowly and with lots of patience. I got a Yield for 50 dollars and a No Code for 60 on discogs some time ago. The Lost Dogs forum here is a good place to look too. If you are not out for sealed versions, you might get lucky. Just keep your eyes peeled. Binaural was my most expensive vinyl purchase so far, but still at a somewhat reasonable price.
    Lost Dogs, Rearviewmirror (pjdreamer, your post got me really curious!), and Avocado would be next in line, but are out of my reach financially right now. But with them it's a little different than with the Benny Hall, cause they pop up every now and then for a better price. Not the Benny. Sigh.
  • Options
    CAVSTARR313CAVSTARR313 Posts: 8,756
    But this will lower the value of all three of my Benny Halls!! ;)
    None are more hopelessly enslaved than those who falsely believe that they are free.
    Abrn Hlls '98 - Clarkston 2 '03 - Grd Rpds '06 - Abrn Hlls '06 - Clvd '10 - PJ20 - Berlin 1+2 '12 - Wrigley '13 - Pitt '13- buff '13- Philly 1+2 '13 - Seattle '13
  • Options
    dimitrispearljamdimitrispearljam NINUNINOPRO Posts: 139,158
    :D:D
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • Options
    RobbyD462RobbyD462 Victoria BC Posts: 4,770
    Caveeze wrote:
    But this will lower the value of all three of my Benny Halls!! ;)

I don't think so.
    Originals always keep their value especially since the original was hand numbered.

They are reissuing Mad Season,Blind Melon and Counting Crows(August...) on RSD.
    I have originals of all three and will probably still try and get reissues of at least MS and BM.
    It does not bother me as much knowing that every record I own has a story behind it.
    Although it would be nice to save the originals for special occasions... ;)

I don't have a Benny but if they reissued it, this would be possibly the
    smartest thing PJ could do for this Club.
    They know how much the Originals go for.Originally $40 they charged $400 for at the poster sale.
    This was a deal! But really?
    $400 for a record set! Lots of people can't even justify that let alone $1000-$1200 it costs for
    a sealed edition.
    More fans the merrier the original is already their for the collectors
    now give an issue for the Fans!

You could charge $100 and it's still worth it.
    Please Reissue this set!!
    It makes sense look at the demand.

Thanks for reading
    -Seattle,Wash-Key Arena-9/21/9 -Vancouver,B.C-Rogers Arena-12/4/13
    -Seattle,Wash-Key Arena-9/22/9 -Pemberton,B.C-7/17/16
    -Vancouver,B.C-GM Place -9/25/9 -Seattle,Wash-Safeco Field-8/8/18
    -Vancouver,B.C-Pacific Coliseum-9/25/11 -Seattle,Wash-Safeco Field-8/10/18
    -Misoula,MT-Adams Field House-9/30/12

• Options
    pjradiopjradio Posts: 6,704
    RobbyD462 wrote:

Pre-ordered the Mad Season...can't wait

On the fence about the Blind Melon, but will probably pick it up anyway

They released a limited edition Counting Crows August on 2LPs, 200gram, 45rpm months ago. The RSD release is going to be 1LP, 180gram
    aqo2t.jpg
  • Options
  • Options
    :D
    None are more hopelessly enslaved than those who falsely believe that they are free.
    Abrn Hlls '98 - Clarkston 2 '03 - Grd Rpds '06 - Abrn Hlls '06 - Clvd '10 - PJ20 - Berlin 1+2 '12 - Wrigley '13 - Pitt '13- buff '13- Philly 1+2 '13 - Seattle '13
  • Options
    ZodZod Posts: 10,231
    pjradio wrote:
    RobbyD462 wrote:

They released a limited edition Counting Crows August on 2LPs, 200gram, 45rpm months ago. The RSD release is going to be 1LP, 180gram

I prefer the 33rpm audiophile records. 45rpm causes way to much record flipping :) I have a blue copy of ride the lightning, and am always bitching at how often I to flip the records on it.

I might buy this version of august...
  • Options
    Saturday night bump :wave:
  • Options
    Just stumbled upon this article. It says "Last year's vinyl-record sales were the highest they've been in 15 years."

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/04/10/vinyl-record-sales_n_3053364.html?utm_hp_ref=detroit&ir=Detroit

Now get that money printer rolling and re-issue some of your finest, PJ :mrgreen: I'd be eternally thankful.
  • Options
    Newch91Newch91 Posts: 17,560
    PLEASE PEARL JAM! :D
    Shows: 6.27.08 Hartford, CT/5.15.10 Hartford, CT/6.18.2011 Hartford, CT (EV Solo)/10.19.13 Brooklyn/10.25.13 Hartford
    "Becoming a Bruce fan is like hitting puberty as a musical fan. It's inevitable." - dcfaithful
  • Options
    Newch91 wrote:
    PLEASE PEARL JAM! :D

with a cherry on top :D
  • Options
    pjradiopjradio Posts: 6,704
    Zod wrote:
    pjradio wrote:
    RobbyD462 wrote:

I prefer the 33rpm audiophile records. 45rpm causes way to much record flipping :) I have a blue copy of ride the lightning, and am always bitching at how often I to flip the records on it.

I might buy this version of august...

excellent point about the flipping....sounds great though!
    aqo2t.jpg
  • Options
    ZodZod Posts: 10,231
    Just stumbled upon this article. It says "Last year's vinyl-record sales were the highest they've been in 15 years."

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/04/10/vinyl-record-sales_n_3053364.html?utm_hp_ref=detroit&ir=Detroit

Now get that money printer rolling and re-issue some of your finest, PJ :mrgreen: I'd be eternally thankful.

I was rather shocked it said in 15 years which made it 1997. I don't recall vinyl being as popular now as it was in 1997?
  • Options
    Zod wrote:

I was rather shocked it said in 15 years which made it 1997. I don't recall vinyl being as popular now as it was in 1997?
    Hm. I wouldn't know, really. Maybe because of DJs? In 1997, nobody used files for dj-ing. Most of the DJs I know still to this day use lps. And they have done so back then. We have a local record store here that has a whole room full of electronica vinyl, mostly singles. He doesn't buy that kind of music any more, but we talked about it and he said back in the days, his store was crowded by DJs who needed new stuff again and again and again... Now nobody hardly ever buys stuff like that and the DJs are gone.

Here are more numbers
    http://www.spin.com/articles/vinyl-sales-boom-177-million-record-1997?utm_source=spintwitter&utm_medium=social&utm_campaign=spintwitter
    I don't think OK Computer alone was responsible for increased vinyl sales :think:
  • Options
    RSD bump..
  • Options
    My birthday is in May - I'd love one of these :D

Bumparoola - I hope everybody has a nice weekend :wave: