Options

Please Pearl Jam, consider a VINYL Benaroya Hall re-issue!

Comments

• Options
    kw18kw18 Posts: 3,909
    Anybody got lucky?

Not me, so I am giving this thread a good bump. Make it happen!
    puss-in-boots.gif?w=300&h=240

Thank you :wave:

How on Earth could they resist that face?! I get the feeling a vinyl reissue is just around the corner, now ...
    "Where's KW?"
    "Let's check Idaho."
  • Options
    Leezestarr313Leezestarr313 Temple of the cat Posts: 14,346
    kw18 wrote:

How on Earth could they resist that face?! I get the feeling a vinyl reissue is just around the corner, now ...

Yeah, right :ugeek:

But maybe you're right? :corn:
  • Options
    demetriosdemetrios Canada Posts: 87,838
    kw18 wrote:
    Anybody got lucky?

Thank you :wave:

Around the corner might be a many of year's. Maybe they will release it after the Riot Act Reissue Box Set comes out. I'm just in shocked no bootleggers from Europe who have been pressing so many colored vinyl releases haven't yet come up with a plan to release this set already. Kinda shocked. They could make a lot of money releasing Benny Hall, pressed on any colored vinyl.
  • Options
    wpg pearlwpg pearl Posts: 1,258
    would be nice and the only way i could afford it.....
    ajb
  • Options
    February bump :wave:
  • Options
    2-feign-reluctance2-feign-reluctance TigerTown, USA Posts: 23,143
    Bump. Have to go 18 pages in to find a Wrigley-less thread :lol:
    www.cluthelee.com
  • Options
    Bump. Have to go 18 pages in to find a Wrigley-less thread :lol:

:lol: Let's keep it up! At least it has a "please" in the title :mrgreen: :wave:
  • Options
    H.ChinaskiH.Chinaski Brooklyn, NY Posts: 1,596
    want one too.
    Pine Knob, MI Lollapalooza 1992 / Soldier Field, Chicago 1995 / Savage Hall, Toledo 1996 / Palace, Detroit 1998 / Palace, Detroit 2000 / Pine Knob, MI 2003 / Showbox, Seattle 2004 / MSG, NYC 2008 / Key Arena I & II, Seattle 2009 / Eddie Vedder Beacon, NYC 2011 / Eddie Vedder Benaroya, Hall Seattle 2011 / Barclays, Brooklyn I &II 2013 / Wells Fargo, Philadelphia II 2013 / Wuhlheide, Berlin, Germany 2014 / Wells Fargo, Philadelphia 1 2016 / Madison Square Garden, NYC 2 2016 / Wrigley 2, Chicago 2016/ Fenway 1, Boston 2018/
  • Options
    Maybe we should harass Cameron Crowe until it happens.
  • Options
    Thursday-night-bumparoola :wave: Make it happen!
  • Options
    STAYSEASTAYSEA Posts: 3,814

Thank you :wave:[/quote]

If pearl jam is too busy to make a holiday single? We would like a fresh benny, and I wouldn't think anyone would complain. Which warehouse is it in? I can call "American Pickers", I'm sure Mike and Frank can find it. (you might need throw in some Jack White stuff and some dented oil cans)
    :wave:
  • Options
    F5AgainstOneF5AgainstOne New Hampshire, USA Posts: 1,462
    Release Benny Hall on 8-Track!!
    EV Solo Boston 6/16/11
    East Troy 9/3/11
    East Troy 9/4/11
    Amsterdam 6/26/12
    Amsterdam 6/27/12
    Wrigley Field 7/19-20/13
    Worcester, MA 10/15/13
    Worcester, MA 10/16/13
    Hartford, CT 10/25/13
    Seattle, WA 12/06/13
    Denver, CO 10/22/14
    Fenway 2016 #1
    Fenway 2016 #2
    Fenway 2018 #1
    Fenway 2018 #2
  • Options
    demetriosdemetrios Canada Posts: 87,838
    mr_canada wrote:
    Maybe we should harass Cameron Crowe until it happens.

I tried with a Singles Blu-ray release for it's 20th Anni.
    I got bubkiss! :(
  • Options
    It's time to release this baby!
  • Options
    ckravitzckravitz NJ Posts: 1,668
    wpg pearl wrote:
  • Options
    ckravitz wrote:
    wpg pearl wrote:

Me too! :thumbup:
    "A beacon on dry land"
  • Options
    RobbyD462RobbyD462 Victoria BC Posts: 4,768
    Reissue is a must!

10C know's the value on this set by selling it at the Poster sale for $400.
    Originally sold for $35

Even if this was sold for $50-$80 Not numbered as a reissue it would
    sell out in a matter of hours/days.
    It could even be once again a Charity Reissue if they prefer.
    That would be great! It could be on black vinyl and it wouldn't matter.
    Not many people can shell out the $800-$1000 it costs for one of these sets.

A buddy of mine is on the bootleg right after Masters of War and yells "Drum Solo".
    I wanna hear that on vinyl!

Anyways...

I'd pay up to $500 for one of these sets and even that's ridiculous!

Think how happy it would make so many people if they reissued it.
    10C knows everybody wants this and everybody should get it. ;)

Please reissue 10C!

Would be more constructive than those Warm Up suits..... :lol: :fp:

Thanks for reading!
    Cheers on your Weekend.....
    -Seattle,Wash-Key Arena-9/21/9 -Vancouver,B.C-Rogers Arena-12/4/13
    -Seattle,Wash-Key Arena-9/22/9 -Pemberton,B.C-7/17/16
    -Vancouver,B.C-GM Place -9/25/9 -Seattle,Wash-Safeco Field-8/8/18
    -Vancouver,B.C-Pacific Coliseum-9/25/11 -Seattle,Wash-Safeco Field-8/10/18
    -Misoula,MT-Adams Field House-9/30/12

• Options
    STAYSEASTAYSEA Posts: 3,814
    RobbyD462 wrote:
    Reissue is a must!

Originally sold for $35

Even if this was sold for $50-$80 Not numbered as a reissue it would
    sell out in a matter of hours/days.
    It could even be once again a Charity Reissue if they prefer.
    That would be great! It could be on black vinyl and it wouldn't matter.
    Not many people can shell out the $800-$1000 it costs for one of these sets.

A buddy of mine is on the bootleg right after Masters of War and yells "Drum Solo".
    I wanna hear that on vinyl!

Anyways...

I'd pay up to $500 for one of these sets and even that's ridiculous!

Think how happy it would make so many people if they reissued it.
    10C knows everybody wants this and everybody should get it. ;)

Please reissue 10C!

Would be more constructive than those Warm Up suits..... :lol: :fp:

Thanks for reading!
    Cheers on your Weekend.....

There are soo many funny moments in that Boot. I've laughed so many times.
  • Options
    I have listened to that boot more than any other one-I love it! :clap::clap:
    "A beacon on dry land"
  • Options
    I have listened to that boot more than any other one-I love it! :clap::clap:

Aaah me too. It's like taking a bath in warm chocolate ...

Saturday night bump!
  • Options
    PH20PH20 Posts: 466
    I want to spin it sooo badly. The cd is great, but vinyl...that's what I need.
    2006 - Marcus Ampitheater, Milwaukee
    2011 - Alpine Valley Ampitheater, East Troy
    2013 - Wrigley Field, Chicago
    2014 - Xcel Energy Center, St. Paul
    2014 - Bradley Center, Milwaukee
    2016 - Wrigley Field, Chicago
    2018 - Wrigley Field, Chicago 
  • Options
    Weekend bump :wave:
  • Options
    ZodZod Posts: 10,159
    RobbyD462 wrote:
    Reissue is a must!

Originally sold for $35

I don't think they'll reissue it.

1) Unlike the studio albums, this one was issued on a limited basis right from the start. A run of 2000.

2) They are aware it is a collectors item now and many people have purchased it for some pretty large sums of cash (even the 10c themselves have sold it for 400).

It's one of those things. Does the band go through their catalog and reissue everything that was pretty rare?:

1) The First Fan Club 7"
    2) Blue Vs.
    3) Ten Basketball Vinyl
    4) Live at Soldier Field (even though the radio station released this?).

I think the band/10c is ok with some merch being a collectors item. I don't think the rarity of an item makes a reissue a must.. lol. Every band needs a few rare items to keep the fans salivating :)
  • Options
    Zod wrote:

I don't think they'll reissue it.

1) Unlike the studio albums, this one was issued on a limited basis right from the start. A run of 2000.

2) They are aware it is a collectors item now and many people have purchased it for some pretty large sums of cash (even the 10c themselves have sold it for 400).

It's one of those things. Does the band go through their catalog and reissue everything that was pretty rare?:

1) The First Fan Club 7"
    2) Blue Vs.
    3) Ten Basketball Vinyl
    4) Live at Soldier Field (even though the radio station released this?).

I think the band/10c is ok with some merch being a collectors item. I don't think the rarity of an item makes a reissue a must.. lol. Every band needs a few rare items to keep the fans salivating :)

I get your point, but see, Vs has been re-issued, and Ten and Backspacer are available in different versions too. We don't want to have a replica of the wine coloured version, we are asking for a release on regular black vinyl. The collector's value of the original 2000 wouldn't be disturbed in any way.

I don't want to disappoint or upset collectors, I just want to listen to this beautiful piece of music on vinyl. And I don't want to spend an arm and a leg.
  • Options
    ZodZod Posts: 10,159

I get your point, but see, Vs has been re-issued, and Ten and Backspacer are available in different versions too. We don't want to have a replica of the wine coloured version, we are asking for a release on regular black vinyl. The collector's value of the original 2000 wouldn't be disturbed in any way.

I don't want to disappoint or upset collectors, I just want to listen to this beautiful piece of music on vinyl. And I don't want to spend an arm and a leg.

Re-Issues do tend to erode the collectable nature of the original. I think its a no win argument. Collectors vs. The people that don't have one.

I tend to think some stuff should be left collectable. It's both cool and annoying. It's cool when you manage to obtain one, and annoying when you don't.

The fact that the 10c sold off copies for $400 bux (and have auction a few off for much more) would tend to make be believe that they also believe some stuff should remain as collectable. Why would they charge $400 bux if they had plans to reissue it? :)
  • Options
    Zod wrote:
    Re-Issues do tend to erode the collectable nature of the original. I think its a no win argument. Collectors vs. The people that don't have one.

I tend to think some stuff should be left collectable. It's both cool and annoying. It's cool when you manage to obtain one, and annoying when you don't.

The fact that the 10c sold off copies for $400 bux (and have auction a few off for much more) would tend to make be believe that they also believe some stuff should remain as collectable. Why would they charge $400 bux if they had plans to reissue it? :)

Hey, I totally get your point. But this is still the original, the wine-coloured-limited-to-2000 pieces real shit. And I'm happy for everybody who has it and dusts it from time to time on it's shelf and makes sure the wrapping doesn't come off...
    I am spinning my vinyl. I don't care what colour it has or how rare it is. I ripped the wrapping off my white Backspacer as soon as I got it and gave it a good spin.

So, my stance still stands. For the love of vinyl - please PJ, consider a regular-shape vinyl re-issue of the Benaroya Hall show. Give the profits to a charity and make lots of people happy who grew becoming vinyl lovers also because of you. Thanks :wave:
  • Options
    whgarrettwhgarrett Posts: 574
    I promise you that it sounds just as good on cd as it does on vinyl. Better even if you have a good system. Sold mine and never looked back. They could reissue for 30.00 and i wouldn't buy it. Save your money. :D
  • Options
    dimitrispearljamdimitrispearljam NINUNINOPRO Posts: 139,158
    :D
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • Options
    whgarrett wrote:
    I promise you that it sounds just as good on cd as it does on vinyl. Better even if you have a good system. Sold mine and never looked back. They could reissue for 30.00 and i wouldn't buy it. Save your money. :D

It's good that you are happy with your decision :) People like different things, that seems to be human nature. You like music on CDs or as files, I prefer my music on vinyl. I enjoy the haptics, the "physicality", the little noises, the warm, full sound, and even just holding the cover and looking at the art.
    I cannot imagine at what point in my life I would be able to shell out 800 + dollars for a vinyl album, and I think there are others like me. I have never even seen one in real life, I don't know anybody I could visit to see it spinning and listen to it. Beautiful music like that shouldn't be that exclusive.
    That is why I keep bumping this thread :shifty:
  • Options
    Paulina87Paulina87 Poland Posts: 3,300
    I love this idea :D :thumbup:
    Chorzów 2007 - Berlin 2009 - Berlin 2010 - Gdynia 2010 - Berlin 2012 - Berlin 2012 - Stockholm 2012 - EV Manchester 2012 - Milan 2014 - Trieste 2014 - Vienna 2014 - Berlin 2014 - Gdynia 2014 - Rio 2018 - Sao Paulo 2018