Options

Please Pearl Jam, consider a VINYL Benaroya Hall re-issue!

Comments

• Options
    Air23Air23 Roma Posts: 1,351
    Come on, let's make our voice heard! Louder and Louder!

It's time for a re-issue!
  • Options
    Leezestarr313Leezestarr313 Temple of the cat Posts: 14,346
    Air23 wrote:
    Come on, let's make our voice heard! Louder and Louder!

It's time for a re-issue!

:thumbup: :wave:
  • Options
    TN70407TN70407 Posts: 206
    Give it the PJ20 BlueRay treatment!!
  • Options
  • Options
    Count me in.
  • Options
    emjotemjot Posts: 2,722
    I'm in too!!! ;;)
    PJ * 2010 * Belfast * 2012 * Manchester 1 * Manchester 2 * Berlin 1 * Berlin 2 * 2014 * Amsterdam 1 * Amsterdam 2 * Berlin * Leeds * Milton Keynes *
    EV * 2012 * Manchester * London 1 * London 2 * 2017 * Dublin * Cork *
  • Options
    PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,575
    WaveRyder said:

I have one. Original preordered 10c issued. Fuck yeah! :lol:

Can I have it? :D
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Options
    Maybe now would be a good time for a reissue of the box. The proceeds could go towards a more user-friendly version of the new forum imageimage
  • Options
    You can't re-issue something that was never issued in the first place.
  • Options

You can't re-issue something that was never issued in the first place.

I was waiting for you to say something :P :D As I see it, every bump is helpful.
    Benny Hall to me is a term of endearment. I am well aware that it is not the real name... I would change the thread title now, just for you. But with the new forum this isn't possible.

Please, Pearl Jam, consider a VINYL reissue of the Live at Benaroya Hall box. There ya go...
  • Options
    HA!! Thank you for putting a smile on my face!! :D BUMP
  • Options
    Empty GlassEmpty Glass In Rob's shed Posts: 12,329
    edited January 2014
    Why would they re-issue them when they sell the ones they have for $400?

Edit: maybe the repressed a few 1,000 more, but instead of selling them at a normal price 10c saw the opportunity to make big coin
    Post edited by Empty Glass on
    I've met Rob

DEGENERATE FUK

This place is dead

"THERE ARE NO CLIQUES, ONLY THOSE WHO DON'T JOIN THE FUN" - Empty circa 2015

"Kfsbho&$thncds" - F Me In the Brain - circa 2015
  • Options
    Haywood YablomeeHaywood Yablomee Posts: 608
    edited January 2014
    First off, they were selling them at this year's pop-up for $350. Second, it was for CHARITY!!!
    The ones they had extra of were set aside for the band from the original pressing. The band didn't want them so they told 10C to sell them to the public. Where did you learn they repressed them??

OMG!!! MY EYES ARE GONNA BUG OUTTA MY HEAD FROM THIS NEW FORUM!!!!! UGH!!!

Edit: maybe the repressed a few 1,000 more, but instead of selling them at a normal price 10c saw the opportunity to make big coin

Post edited by Haywood Yablomee on
  • Options
    Dr. DelightDr. Delight Posts: 11,210
    Sorry, I just dont see a re-issue ever happening. Hope it does for you guys.
    And so you see, I have come to doubt
    All that I once held as true
    I stand alone without beliefs
    The only truth I know is you.
  • Options
    Empty GlassEmpty Glass In Rob's shed Posts: 12,329

First off, they were selling them at this year's pop-up for $350. Second, it was for CHARITY!!!
    The ones they had extra of were set aside for the band from the original pressing. The band didn't want them so they told 10C to sell them to the public. Where did you learn they repressed them??

If $$ went to charity - foot inserted into mouth

I apologize for that one
    I've met Rob

DEGENERATE FUK

This place is dead

"THERE ARE NO CLIQUES, ONLY THOSE WHO DON'T JOIN THE FUN" - Empty circa 2015

"Kfsbho&$thncds" - F Me In the Brain - circa 2015
  • Options
    No worries... I can be a little obnoxious sometimes! (understatement of the year)

If $$ went to charity - foot inserted into mouth

I apologize for that one
  • Options

'Nuff said - what do you think?

I am new to the whole vinyl thing but that is an album I am really dying to listen to on vinyl. I am not a collector, I just want to be able to afford that beautiful recording on vinyl and listen to it at home. Unseal it and just enjoy ... :D

Great post!

Why is that message so hard to convey to the people that have sealed bennys?

To add further,

Can someone please give a rational answer as to why a sealed benny is the holy grail?

Something is off about the whole benny pricing/value etc.

What purpose does having a sealed benny serve on your shelf?
  • Options
    edited January 2014
    There are people who are collectors. They don't want the records to listen to them, but because they get the pleasure out of hunting down stuff that is rare and hard to find, and owning it. I don't have any beef with that or them. The thing with the Benaroya Hall is that there were allegedly only 2000 made. It might be a little more, but because of that, they are hard to obtain and thus, expensive. This is why it is a holy grail. I think collectors get a kick out of having something in perfect condition, and if it is sealed, it is just like fresh from the factory...

That is all fine. But there are people whose preferred music medium is vinyl. If the records of their favourite band are out of print, they become expensive and rare. And thus, a holy grail. I understand that limited edition items are nice and appealing. I would be happy to own all of PJs catalogue on vinyl. But I cannot afford that. I am sure I am not the only one out there... Reissues would make lots of people happy, and the band could make a good buck on the side. The original issues would not lose in value, because they are the original ones (a different packaging to mark the difference even more would be an idea). Even people who own a sealed Benny would probably buy a reissue, because then they could listen to it... What's not to like?
    Post edited by Leezestarr313 on
  • Options
    Hi Leezestarr313

There are people who are collectors. They don't want the records to listen to them, but because they get the pleasure out of hunting down stuff that is rare and hard to find, and owning it. I don't have any beef with that or them. The thing with the Benaroya Hall is that there were allegedly only 2000 made. It might be a little more, but because of that, they are hard to obtain and thus, expensive. This is why it is a holy grail. I think collectors get a kick out of having something in perfect condition, and if it is sealed, it is just like fresh from the factory...

That is all fine. But there are people whose preferred music medium is vinyl. If the records of their favourite band are out of print, they become expensive and rare. And thus, a holy grail. I understand that limited edition items are nice and appealing. I would be happy to own all of PJs catalogue on vinyl. But I cannot afford that. I am sure I am not the only one out there... Reissues would make lots of people happy, and the band could make a good buck on the side. The original issues would not lose in value, because they are the original ones (a different packaging to mark the difference even more would be an idea). Even people who own a sealed Benny would probably buy a reissue, because then they could listen to it... What's not to like?

Thank you for a great detailed response.

I completely get the collector mentality and I don't have a beef with that or them either.

What is it about the benny that everyone wants and continues to want it sealed though?

A record should be no more than $50 bucks. Even that is pushing it.

Remember when EV talked about CDs and said they work their ass off to make a record and for the price of scrambled eggs and toast you can buy our CD.

2000 bennies allegedly made is not a lot of weight when it comes to asking for a re-issue of the benny.

I would appreciate another honest response from you before this thread gets de-railed by comments directed towards me.

Thank you
  • Options
    edited January 2014
    I'm sorry, I'm not a native speaker of English and I'm not 100% sure if I get what you want to say... But you asked me for another honest response.

I moved to the States a year ago and try to make a living here together with my husband. We are both huge PJ fans, and we got into vinyl somehow because of them. We try to make ends meet, but also want to have fun and spend a lot of money on pleasure. Part of this is buying vinyl, because we both enjoy listening to music on vinyl. The Pearl Jam show at Benaroya Hall is one of my favourite Pearl Jam show "bootlegs". I love the warm, acoustic sound and the song selection. I have it on CD, but as a vinyl afficionado, I am dying to hear it on wax. There is no rational explanation. It is just how it is and how I prefer listening to music. Because PJ vinyl is so hard to come by, I had to become some sort of a collector myself, and I do enjoy hunting stuff down. But as soon as I get it, I unwrap it and put it on my turntable. I have spend a lot of money on PJ vinyl, way more than 50 dollars per album. The only two albums that I don't own on wax are Self-titled and Benaroya Hall. The reason is money. I just cannot justify spending that much money on a vinyl album. But since the latter is the one that I would love to spin the most, and since I know that I am not alone with this wish, I am asking the band and whoever makes decisions for them to consider a reissue of this album.

Don't get me wrong, if I had the money, I would totally go for it. I don't care if it is sealed or not, because I would unseal it as soon as I got it anyways... But on the other hand, I think it is sad to know that this was made on this, my favourite medium, and to know that there are lots of people who keep it sealed and never put it to it's intended use. Yes, everybody can do whatever they want with their personal belongings. But why exclude people who cannot justify spending more than their monthly rent on a record from obtaining it? Lightning Bolt got Sevens as a collectors item. The collectors item of Benaroya Hall is the original issue. Why not do a reissue on black vinyl, with simple packaging. Made to order for those fans who otherwise will never get to hear it on vinyl because they don't have the funds to own it?
    Post edited by Leezestarr313 on
  • Options
    NamiNami Newfoundland Posts: 5,989
    reissue everything. do a damn pre-order for everything other than Ten, Vs, Vit. which has already been done.

imagine all the new fans that have come along that want these gems...

flood the market....

Hamilton 9-13-05; Toronto 5-9-06, Toronto 8-21-09, Toronto 9-12-11, Hamilton 9-15-11....
  • Options
    You don't have to preface your response with I am sorry, just speak what you have to say.

(Another great change to the new forum)

I too have the Benny on double CD. I purchased it because at the time it was the next CD to buy.

It is perhaps the warmest honest recording that PJ has produced.

I agree with all of what you are saying about the LB got sevens but somehow I think benny hall got ripped off.

I just don't know how a sealed benny miraculously becomes available at pop up shops for a reasonable price yet over and over again this "limited edition" benny is hard to obtain?

Collectors aside, benny is and should be about 50 bucks.

I have commented before about this......and no one has answered what is on the deadwax of a benny?

It hurts me too that flippers are taking away from our music.
  • Options
    Nami said:

reissue everything. do a damn pre-order for everything other than Ten, Vs, Vit. which has already been done.

imagine all the new fans that have come along that want these gems...

flood the market....

Yes!

• Options

You don't have to preface your response with I am sorry, just speak what you have to say.

(Another great change to the new forum)

I too have the Benny on double CD. I purchased it because at the time it was the next CD to buy.

It is perhaps the warmest honest recording that PJ has produced.

I agree with all of what you are saying about the LB got sevens but somehow I think benny hall got ripped off.

I just don't know how a sealed benny miraculously becomes available at pop up shops for a reasonable price yet over and over again this "limited edition" benny is hard to obtain?

Collectors aside, benny is and should be about 50 bucks.

I have commented before about this......and no one has answered what is on the deadwax of a benny?

It hurts me too that flippers are taking away from our music.

There are lots of people who have it and spin it. Maybe somebody can chime in about the dead wax? I have seen one a couple of weeks ago, and also had the chance to listen, and it was awesome. I wanna have it. 50 bucks sounds like a great price. This is why I keep on bumping this thread... I read somewhere today that while digital music purchases have dropped, vinyl sales had a rise of more than 30%. The time is ripe and right to make it happen.
  • Options
    We only can flood the market if the 10c shop continues to keep prices at the normal level which they have been doing a damn good job at doing.

Fing flippers

• Options
    What do you mean by the "dead wax" of a BH?
  • Options
    Oh boy, I am in a conversation with the Dr.

Dead wax delivers a message, surely the benny holders can tell it.

Too bad that a person has a sealed benny, they don't know what they have.
  • Options

Oh boy, I am in a conversation with the Dr.

Dead wax delivers a message, surely the benny holders can tell it.

Too bad that a person has a sealed benny, they don't know what they have.

Ok, I have owned a BH since it came out. Im not understanding what you mean by dead wax/message. I understand you not liking the people who bought it just to keep it sealed. Makes no sense.
  • Options
    So you yourself can tell us what is written/or not on the deadwax of what own and play.
  • Options
    dam edit