Options

please ignore this thread....

Comments

• Options
    Gary CarterGary Carter Shea Stadium Posts: 14,002
    FrankieG wrote:
    Just read this whole thread.
    I'm glad I was able to enjoy the speculation, unlike some doubters. :)

Here's my thoughts/addition to the speculation/wishlist :mrgreen: :

Alpine Valley - yes
    Aug. 26-28th - yes
    More than 50% 10club tickets. (10c know how big of an event this is going to be, they know that people are going to flip shit if they get shut out- they will negotiate for more tickets.)
    2 concert tickets per person.
    Part seniority based, part lottery (more lottery rows than normal).
    Tickets will be expensive but will include transportation from Chicago airport, ORD.
    Camping - yes.
    more than their normal set. more "like" Mansfield/PennState/SpectrumPa.

Disclaimer: This is all my opinion. ;) :roll:

EDIT: If you are driving from NJ/NY/PA let me know... I don't know if I'm gonna fly or drive yet...
    10c has never gotten 50% of tickets and it won't be happening ever. you either play the game of ticketmaster/live nation or you don't play said arena or amphitheater. sorry not bursting your people just being a realist.

10c: yea hi live nation we'd like 50% of the tickets for pearl jams 3 night run at alpine
    live nation: :lolno:
    Ron: I just don't feel like going out tonight
    Sammi: Wanna just break up?

• Options
    in eds treein eds tree Denver Posts: 539
    metsfan wrote:
    FrankieG wrote:

Alpine Valley - yes
    Aug. 26-28th - yes
    More than 50% 10club tickets. (10c know how big of an event this is going to be, they know that people are going to flip shit if they get shut out- they will negotiate for more tickets.)
    Tickets will be expensive but will include transportation from Chicago airport, ORD.
    Camping - yes.

EDIT: If you are driving from NJ/NY/PA let me know... I don't know if I'm gonna fly or drive yet...
    10c has never gotten 50% of tickets and it won't be happening ever. you either play the game of ticketmaster/live nation or you don't play said arena or amphitheater. sorry not bursting your people just being a realist.

10c: yea hi live nation we'd like 50% of the tickets for pearl jams 3 night run at alpine

true, but they could potentially negotiate a larger chunk for a 10c presale through ticketmaster, after the 10c presale.
    keep on rockin' in the free world.
  • Options
    FrankieGFrankieG Abingdon MD Posts: 9,099
    metsfan wrote:
    FrankieG wrote:

Alpine Valley - yes
    Aug. 26-28th - yes
    Camping - yes.

Where is your proof? Can I see a source?
    There is a first time for everything, if you can prove that its never happened..

I'm an optimist.
    Your "realism" sounds more like "I'm trollolololing cause I have nothing better to do besides argue with PJ fans about speculations/wishes." :lol:
    2003: 7/14 NJ ... 2006: 6/1 NJ, 6/3 NJ ... 2007: 8/5 IL ... 2008: 6/24 NY, 6/25 NY, 8/7 EV NJ ... 2009: 10/27 PA, 10/28 PA, 10/30 PA, 10/31 PA
    2010: 5/20 NY, 5/21 NY ... 2011: 6/21 EV NY, 9/3 WI, 9/4 WI ... 2012: 9/2 PA, 9/22 GA ... 2013: 10/18 NY, 10/19 NY, 10/21 PA, 10/22 PA, 10/27 MD
    2015: 9/23 NY, 9/26 NY ... 2016: 4/28 PA, 4/29 PA, 5/1 NY, 5/2 NY, 6/11 TN, 8/7 MA, 11/4 TOTD PA, 11/5 TOTD PA ... 2018: 8/10 WA
    2022: 9/14 NJ ... 2024: 5/28 WA, 9/7 PA, 9/9 PA ---- http://imgur.com/a/nk0s7
  • Options
    Dr. DelightDr. Delight Posts: 11,210
    metsfan wrote:
    FrankieG wrote:

Alpine Valley - yes
    Aug. 26-28th - yes
    Camping - yes.

Ot, but you couldnt pick two worst sports teams to be a fan of right now. :lol:
    And so you see, I have come to doubt
    All that I once held as true
    I stand alone without beliefs
    The only truth I know is you.
  • Options
    FrankieG wrote:

There is a first time for everything, if you can prove that its never happened..

I'm an optimist.
    Your "realism" sounds more like "I'm trollolololing cause I have nothing better to do besides argue with PJ fans about speculations/wishes." :lol:
    it's been well know for many many many years pearl jam only gets 8%-10% of tickets. why do you think getting 10c tickets is sucha cluster fuck but yet it's so easy to get pearl jam tickets through ticketmaster.

and really dude you think i'm trolling :lolno:

if i were you i'd be more nicer to people who are road tripping from ny to alpine valley, just saying

• Options

true, but they could potentially negotiate a larger chunk for a 10c presale through ticketmaster, after the 10c presale.
    it wouldn't be worth it for 10c considering alpine valley only holds 7,500 seats

• Options
    SOLAT319SOLAT319 Posts: 4,571

Everybody guessed it....I'm confirming it for sure

And nobody was ready for my north of the border comment

Yeah...no, pretty much people knew. That Canada rumor came about after some interview or something, didn't it?
    I have no patience for bad music and stupid people...

The whole world will be different soon the whole world will be RELIEVED

#resistgezi #resistturkey #resisttaksim #direnturkiye #direngezi
    #standingman #duranadam
  • Options
    cutzcutz Posts: 11,540
    choop wrote:
    i've seen 8 phish shows at alpine valley over the years, love it.

the lawn is awful, but that place is special to me, so i love that it could be there.

I absolutely hate amphitheaters but since this will be a seniority event, I highly doubt I will be anywhere near that lawn.

Does anyone know how many seats ther are? Not sure i want to drive 1,800 miles(round-trip) to be on the lawn.
  • Options
    Indifference71Indifference71 Chicago Posts: 14,774
    cutz wrote:
    choop wrote:
    i've seen 8 phish shows at alpine valley over the years, love it.

the lawn is awful, but that place is special to me, so i love that it could be there.

I absolutely hate amphitheaters but since this will be a seniority event, I highly doubt I will be anywhere near that lawn.

Does anyone know how many seats ther are? Not sure i want to drive 1,800 miles(round-trip) to be on the lawn.

7,500 seats. 37,000 total. The lawn is huge. And VERY steep.
  • Options
    usamamasan1usamamasan1 Posts: 4,695
    what makes you think pj wants more ten club members in the venue? :roll:
  • Options
    cutzcutz Posts: 11,540
    Does anyone know how many seats ther are? Not sure i want to drive 1,800 miles(round-trip) to be on the lawn.[/quote]

7,500 seats. 37,000 total. The lawn is huge. And VERY steep.[/quote]

Thanks. I'll have to really think about this. I may have a better shot through Ticketmaster(if they sell the tickets).
  • Options
    starmap3333starmap3333 Posts: 3,925
    sheila0225 wrote:
    JOEJOEJOE wrote:
    Is Milwaukee the most convenient big city to fly in/out?

Milwaukee is close to Alpine...otherwise another hub would be Chicago and then you'd have at least a good hour if not longer drive up into the Milwaukee area...If I were you...I'd just go straight into Milwaukee. But that is my opinion.

And if you are from overseas, you can maybe visit.....Oh wait there's nothing to see in Milwaukee.

You can go see Oxford Apartments where Dahmer lived but I already did that... :mrgreen:
  • Options
    shepshep Houston Posts: 5,659
    FrankieG wrote:

I'm an optimist.

Hate to tell you this Frankie buddy, but he's right. There is no way 10C gets anymore than their usual cut of tickets for this show if they want to hold it at a live nation/ticketmaster venue. With the complete and total merger of the 2 companies in the last 3 months (and for those that aren't aware, go to ticketmaster and try and purchase music concert tickets and see what happens), the company has a complete and total stranglehold over the market. Why would they give up any more tickets than usual? Especially on what will surely be one of the biggest ticket draws of the summer, after the utterly terrible financial year they had in 2010.... Because they don't want to make money on the fees? Or Maybe because they're just "good guys"? :lol:
    cutz wrote:

Unfortunately I am with you man.... I really, really want to go, but it being an ampitheatre and knowing I'm going to wind up with lawns, I am really thinking twice, especially if there actually is a Canadian tour (and by Canadian tour I mean a couple of dates in Toronto and the GTA, along with Montreal, and Maybe Ottawa)..... It would be a better sell to me if it was just a festival stage without the structure.... in every ampitheatre I've been in (and I've been in atleast 6 or 7 around North America), the Molson Amp in Toronto has the best sound, and the lawn still sounds like shit... The problem is that there is a set of equipment under the structure and there is always a second in-house PA system set up for the lawn, and no matter how hard the techies try, they can never quite get the bands equipment to sync up just right with the house PA system... and the mish-mash just sounds terrible.... I won't go to a show here in Houston at the ampitheatre unless I have tickets under the structure.... that being said... I may make an exception for this, cause I really, really want to be a part of it.... I remember during Philly in 09 kicking myself repeatedly while reading the setlists on the forums... and I'd already been to 2 shows that year....

P.S. All this speculation of course is that the OP info is correct.... I'm not debating his correctness or not, simply discussing the "theoretical" situation... no moves are being made by me until I have an official announcement... gonna finalize my lolla plans the weekend though.... gonna have everything booked, except the concert ticket :?
    Houston, Texas... Believe it or not, there are 7 million people here... must be a couple of fans who'd love to see you play.
  • Options
    megatronmegatron Posts: 3,420
    F# the pessimists
  • Options
    MN282585MN282585 Posts: 115
    I can imagine, and i hope, that there will be enough tickets for the whole ten Club-members in Presale and tickets that do not sell will also go in public sale after a while via ticketmaster or other...
    I hope it will be ticket-pairs for every night and also for the whole weekend...

hope also that they part selling us and canadian-tickets and than europe + the rest of the world...

8-) would be nice if it will come this way 8-)
  • Options
    Bump30Bump30 Burlington Ontario Posts: 446
    End of summer...not sure exact date ...which weekend but end of summer

It def. Is alpine valley

And............our friends north of the border....will be very very happy :mrgreen:

I can say no more....but get ready for a little hockey action

Love love love love this!!!!!!!!!!
    Toronto - 2009
    Hartford - 2010
    Ed Solo - Hartford - 2011
    Toronto X 2, Ottawa & Hamilton - 2011
    Ed Solo - Jacksonville - 2012
    London, Pittsburgh & Buffalo - 2013
    No shows in 2014 :-(
  • Options
    Bump30Bump30 Burlington Ontario Posts: 446
    demetrios wrote:
    honestly they have to announce this soon... otherwise this is going to get out of control... I will not book anything with just with a rumor, could be true??? could be FALSE??? who KNOWS???
    we are talking about some hundreds of dollars...

It's gonna be alot. Weekend jam, airplane ride, car rides, hotel stay, tickets, food, Wishlist Foundation pre parties, Pearl Jam merchandise *drools. It's gonna be HUGE!!

FYI D a car rental at the airport in Milwaukee is less than half that in Chicago! :lol:
    Toronto - 2009
    Hartford - 2010
    Ed Solo - Hartford - 2011
    Toronto X 2, Ottawa & Hamilton - 2011
    Ed Solo - Jacksonville - 2012
    London, Pittsburgh & Buffalo - 2013
    No shows in 2014 :-(
  • Options
    WWSWWS Ontario Posts: 458
    metsfan wrote:
    FrankieG wrote:

I'm an optimist.
    it's been well know for many many many years pearl jam only gets 8%-10% of tickets. why do you think getting 10c tickets is sucha cluster fuck but yet it's so easy to get pearl jam tickets through ticketmaster.

if i were you i'd be more nicer to people who are road tripping from ny to alpine valley, just saying

Toronto and Chicago 2008 two shows seemed to be almost entirely 10C
    '93 Toronto, '98 Barrie, '00 Toronto, '03 Buffalo, '05 Hamilton, '06 Toronto 1&2 '09 Toronto, '09 Philly #4, '11 Hamilton, '13 London, '13 Wrigley,    '13 Buffalo, '14 Detroit Rock City,'16 Ottawa, '16 Toronto 1&2, '16 Fenway '18 Wrigley 1&2, '20 Baltimore. '22 Hamilton, '24 Wrigley 1&2
  • Options
    coachchriscoachchris Kelowna, British Columbia, Canada Posts: 749
    TheGossman wrote:
    I really want them to play alpine, I'd be there, but the canadian tour I don't believe, but I could be wrong, and if I am wrong, I will buy the original poster a beer at every show we both attend

I want my free beer when they play Edmonton.....don't think I won't track you down! :lol:
    Adolescence in essence is all about trust.
    Leaving is for the answering machine.
  • Options
    TheGossmanTheGossman Posts: 1,120
    coachchris wrote:
    TheGossman wrote:
    I really want them to play alpine, I'd be there, but the canadian tour I don't believe, but I could be wrong, and if I am wrong, I will buy the original poster a beer at every show we both attend

I want my free beer when they play Edmonton.....don't think I won't track you down! :lol:

free beer for everyone!
    9/4/98, 8/4/00, 12/8/02, 12/9/02, 4/15/03, 4/16/03, 4/19/03, 4/25/03, 4/26/03, 4/28/03, 4/29/03, 4/30/03, 7/8/03, 7/9/03, 9/28/04, 9/29/04, 10/6/04, 9/1/05, 9/2/05, 5/16/06, 5/17/06, 5/27/06, 5/28/06, 5/30/06, 6/1/06, 6/3/06, 8/5/07, 6/11/08, 6/12/08, 6/14/08, 6/16/08, 6/24/08, 6/25/08
  • Options
    BeerBaronBeerBaron Toronto-ish Posts: 4,091
    TheGossman wrote:
    coachchris wrote:
    TheGossman wrote:

free beer for everyone!
    Why is a Canadian tour so hard to believe?
    1996: Toronto 1998: Barrie 2000: Saratoga Springs 2003: Buffalo, Toronto 2005: Kitchener, London, Hamilton, Montreal, Ottawa, Toronto 2006: Toronto x2, Cleveland, Detroit, Pittsburgh, Cincinnati, Gorge #1 2007: London, Dusseldorf, Vic, Lolla 2008: WPB, Tampa, DC, MSG x2, Hartford, Boston x2, Beacon 2009: Toronto, Chicago x2, Seattle x2, LA #3&4, San Diego, Philly x4 2010: Cleveland, Buffalo, Hartford 2011: Montreal, Toronto x2, Hamilton 2012: Missoula 2013: London, Wrigley, Pittsburgh, Buffalo, Hartford, Dallas, OKC
  • Options
    free beer for everyone![/quote]
    Why is a Canadian tour so hard to believe?[/quote]

not that the idea of a candian tour is hard to believe, but the idea that they would plan this far in advance, but after hearing how many people already knew about it, I guess its happening. Guess I need a passport
    9/4/98, 8/4/00, 12/8/02, 12/9/02, 4/15/03, 4/16/03, 4/19/03, 4/25/03, 4/26/03, 4/28/03, 4/29/03, 4/30/03, 7/8/03, 7/9/03, 9/28/04, 9/29/04, 10/6/04, 9/1/05, 9/2/05, 5/16/06, 5/17/06, 5/27/06, 5/28/06, 5/30/06, 6/1/06, 6/3/06, 8/5/07, 6/11/08, 6/12/08, 6/14/08, 6/16/08, 6/24/08, 6/25/08
  • Options
    metsfan wrote:
    FrankieG wrote:

I'm an optimist.

Actually they get 12-20%
    Member 164xxx

8/15/92, 9/28/96, 8/28/98, 8/29/98, 9/18/98, 8/3/00, 8/9/00, 8/10/00, 8/23/00, 8/25/00, 9/1/00, 9/2/00, 4/28/03, 6/18/03, 7/5/03, 7/6/03, 10/1/04, 10/3/05, 6/19/08, 10/27/09, 10/31/09, 5/21/10, 9/3/11, 9/4/11, 10/21/13

More to Come....
  • Options
    8181 Needing a ride to Forest Hills and a ounce of weed. Please inquire within. Thanks. Or not. Posts: 58,276
    Bump30 wrote:
    demetrios wrote:
    honestly they have to announce this soon... otherwise this is going to get out of control... I will not book anything with just with a rumor, could be true??? could be FALSE??? who KNOWS???
    we are talking about some hundreds of dollars...

It's gonna be alot. Weekend jam, airplane ride, car rides, hotel stay, tickets, food, Wishlist Foundation pre parties, Pearl Jam merchandise *drools. It's gonna be HUGE!!

FYI D a car rental at the airport in Milwaukee is less than half that in Chicago! :lol:
    if you are flying into chicago and renting a car, you are better off playing the 2.25 for an el ride so that you can rent your car at any outlet that isn't at the airport. they have some serious hose you taxes on airport rentals
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • Options
    8181 Needing a ride to Forest Hills and a ounce of weed. Please inquire within. Thanks. Or not. Posts: 58,276
    Actually they get 12-20%

source?
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • Options
    81 wrote:
    Actually they get 12-20%

source?

A true insider never reveals his source. Remember?
    Member 164xxx

8/15/92, 9/28/96, 8/28/98, 8/29/98, 9/18/98, 8/3/00, 8/9/00, 8/10/00, 8/23/00, 8/25/00, 9/1/00, 9/2/00, 4/28/03, 6/18/03, 7/5/03, 7/6/03, 10/1/04, 10/3/05, 6/19/08, 10/27/09, 10/31/09, 5/21/10, 9/3/11, 9/4/11, 10/21/13

More to Come....
  • Options
    PJ worked something out with the garden in 03 where they got around 8,000 fanclub tickets a night, I'm sure they can work something with ticketmaster/live nation for this event
  • Options
    igotpjigotpj Posts: 187
    TheGossman wrote:
    free beer for everyone!
    Why is a Canadian tour so hard to believe?[/quote]

not that the idea of a candian tour is hard to believe, but the idea that they would plan this far in advance, but after hearing how many people already knew about it, I guess its happening. Guess I need a passport[/quote]

Get your shit together Goss. I will be at the festival and some of the Canadian dates as well. I am bringing my nephew along. He has never been to a Pearl Jam concert...actually he has never been to a concert at all. Hope to see you there man.
    Charlotte(10-4-96)
    Raleigh(8-31-98)
    Greensboro(8-6-00)
    Raleigh(4-15-03), Las Vegas(6-6-03)
    Boston(9-28-04),Toledo(10-2-04),Asheville(10-6-04)
    Pittsburgh(6-24-06)
    Columbia (6-16-08)
    Austin (10-4-09), Philadelphia (10-28-09, 10-30-09, 10-31-09)
  • Options
    choopchoop Posts: 1,060
    i don't know the exact percentages, but i'd say its even higher than 20% and could be as high as 50% (i know phish gets up to 50% sometimes because i know someone who has worked for the last two years on the company who designs and prints their presale tickets which come on special stock - something i wish the tenclub would do).

there was a point when it was 10% as a result of ticketmasters exclusive contracts, but that contractual time frame ended a few years ago

chicago 09 had way more than 20%
    "If I should ever die, God forbid, let this be my epitaph: The only proof he needed for the existence of God was music." KV Jr.
  • Options
    81 wrote:
    Actually they get 12-20%

source?

At the Wembley Arena concert in 2007 the standing tickets was for 10 club members and that was more than 12-20%. More like 40-50%.
    Rock Werchter 4 july - 2010, Arras 3 july - 2010, Berlin Wuhlheide - June 30, 2010, Odyssey arena Belfast - 23 june 2010, O2 arena Dublin - june 22 2010, O2 arena London - Aug 18, 2009, Manchester Evening News Arena - Aug 17, 2009, Berlin Wuhlheide - Aug 15, 2009, Copenhagen 2007-06-26 Forum, London 2007-06-18 Wembley Arena, Prague 2006-09-22 Sazka Arena, Denmark 2000-06-30 Roskilde Festival, Stockholm on August 12th Mirrorball tour with Neil Young, Oslo 1993-06-27 Isle of Calf Festival(Kalvoya), Oslo Secret Club Concert 1993-06-26 Sentrum Scene
This discussion has been closed.