Options

please ignore this thread....

Comments

• Options
    tremorstremors Posts: 8,051
    We've just got to try and contain all the fighting, bitching, and smug and sharp comments within this thread only - until an official announcement is made - then everyone will be happy ;)
    Cancel my subscription to the Ressurection
    Send my credentials to the house of detention

lettherecordsplay1x.gif?t=1377796878
  • Options
    dimitrispearljamdimitrispearljam NINUNINOPRO Posts: 139,490
    whats the link of the venue?
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • Options
    demetriosdemetrios Canada Posts: 88,827
    edited February 2011
    CJMST3K wrote:
    I have an email from 10C that they say the following when I asked a few years ago:

"10-20 percent of venue capacity, depending on the show.

Thanks
    10C Staff"

An event like this, PJ20, hopefully it will be more. The one thing I'm questioning is Ticketmaster, who are the main ticket disturber for The Alpine Valley Music Theatre events. If the PJ20 event is held there and Ticketmaster is their source of tickets, it would be madness for 10club to secure more then normal fan club tickets to this event. Ticketmaster would want to secure as much seats for that show as possible and probably half those tickets will go to their sister site, Ticketsnow, who sell them for double, triple + the price. And event like PJ20, there's gonna make ALOT of money made. Which will be bad for 10club & the fans trying to secure fan club ticket's online, if it's only 10-20 percent of tickets of the show amp.

Other then Alpine Valley, is there anything in IL, WI, MI etc.. 'Middle America' that can hold over 20,000 fans that is not run by Ticketmaster?
    Post edited by demetrios on
  • Options
    whoyouare72whoyouare72 Chicago IL Posts: 2,093
    edited February 2011
    whats the link of the venue?
    http://www.livenation.com/Alpine-Valley-Music-Theatre-tickets-East-Troy/venue/57500
    Hotel:http://www.alpinevalleyresort.com/contact.php
    I just reserved a room for 8/26-28 and they told me they can't give a price until March, but it is usually around $200 per night for concerts.
    Post edited by whoyouare72 on
  • Options
    mr_canada wrote:
    I just booked the Rainbow Inn for 3 nights (August 26, 27 & 28) and it is $290 all in. If these are the dates for the PJ20 event then all hotel rooms are going to sell out super fast. I figured I may as well plan in advance and not get stuck paying $260-$300 a night or have to drive 30 miles to a hotel.

I just went on mapquest.com and I'm looking at a 525KM drive which should take about 6-7 hours...not too bad.

Do you have a link to the website where you booked the room?

rainbowmotelonline.com
  • Options
    pipes5977pipes5977 Rhode Island Posts: 324
    I DONT KNOW ABOUT ALPINE VALLEY. I DO KNOW THAT THERE WILL BE MULIPLE SHOWS IN CANADA AFTER THE FESTIVAL.SEPTEMBER,LIKE IN 2005. THE BAND HAS ALSO RESERVED A WEEK AT FENWAY PARK IN JULY.NOTHING SOLID.BANDS SOMETIME DO RESERVE PLACES,BUT SOMETIMES NOTHING COMES OUT OF IT. LAST THING. SPRING TIME ED SOLO SHOWS ON EAST COAST.ALL THIS NEWS IS FROM A VERY RELIABLE SOURCE WHO IS CLOSE TO THE BAND.WHO HAPPENS TO BE A FRIEND.START SAVING, GONNA BE AN EXSPENSIVE YEAR.
  • Options
    2-feign-reluctance2-feign-reluctance TigerTown, USA Posts: 23,203
    Give it a rest guys. Nothing is set. Can't believe people would already be booking flights based on rumor. Sheesh!
    www.cluthelee.com
  • Options
    mr_canada wrote:
    I just booked the Rainbow Inn for 3 nights (August 26, 27 & 28) and it is $290 all in. If these are the dates for the PJ20 event then all hotel rooms are going to sell out super fast. I figured I may as well plan in advance and not get stuck paying $260-$300 a night or have to drive 30 miles to a hotel.

I just went on mapquest.com and I'm looking at a 525KM drive which should take about 6-7 hours...not too bad.

Do you need a taxi from the Motel to the venue or is it walking distance?
    Rock Werchter 4 july - 2010, Arras 3 july - 2010, Berlin Wuhlheide - June 30, 2010, Odyssey arena Belfast - 23 june 2010, O2 arena Dublin - june 22 2010, O2 arena London - Aug 18, 2009, Manchester Evening News Arena - Aug 17, 2009, Berlin Wuhlheide - Aug 15, 2009, Copenhagen 2007-06-26 Forum, London 2007-06-18 Wembley Arena, Prague 2006-09-22 Sazka Arena, Denmark 2000-06-30 Roskilde Festival, Stockholm on August 12th Mirrorball tour with Neil Young, Oslo 1993-06-27 Isle of Calf Festival(Kalvoya), Oslo Secret Club Concert 1993-06-26 Sentrum Scene
  • Options
    demetriosdemetrios Canada Posts: 88,827
    pipes5977 wrote:
    I DONT KNOW ABOUT ALPINE VALLEY. I DO KNOW THAT THERE WILL BE MULIPLE SHOWS IN CANADA AFTER THE FESTIVAL.SEPTEMBER,LIKE IN 2005. THE BAND HAS ALSO RESERVED A WEEK AT FENWAY PARK IN JULY.NOTHING SOLID.BANDS SOMETIME DO RESERVE PLACES,BUT SOMETIMES NOTHING COMES OUT OF IT. LAST THING. SPRING TIME ED SOLO SHOWS ON EAST COAST.ALL THIS NEWS IS FROM A VERY RELIABLE SOURCE WHO IS CLOSE TO THE BAND.WHO HAPPENS TO BE A FRIEND.START SAVING, GONNA BE AN EXSPENSIVE YEAR.

Sweet! :D
  • Options
    pipes5977 wrote:

Sweet, hopefully some Euro Ed dates as well.
    Rock Werchter 4 july - 2010, Arras 3 july - 2010, Berlin Wuhlheide - June 30, 2010, Odyssey arena Belfast - 23 june 2010, O2 arena Dublin - june 22 2010, O2 arena London - Aug 18, 2009, Manchester Evening News Arena - Aug 17, 2009, Berlin Wuhlheide - Aug 15, 2009, Copenhagen 2007-06-26 Forum, London 2007-06-18 Wembley Arena, Prague 2006-09-22 Sazka Arena, Denmark 2000-06-30 Roskilde Festival, Stockholm on August 12th Mirrorball tour with Neil Young, Oslo 1993-06-27 Isle of Calf Festival(Kalvoya), Oslo Secret Club Concert 1993-06-26 Sentrum Scene
  • Options
    Get_RightGet_Right Posts: 12,500
    edited February 2011
    demetrios wrote:
    An event like this, PJ20, hopefully it will be more. The one thing I'm questioning is Ticketmaster, who are the main ticket disturber for The Alpine Valley Music Theatre events. If the PJ20 event is held there and Ticketmaster is their source of tickets, it would be madness for 10club to secure more then normal fan club tickets to this event. Ticketmaster would want to secure as much seats for that show as possible and probably half those tickets will go to their sister site, Ticketsnow, who sell them for double, triple + the price. And event like PJ20, there's gonna make ALOT of money made. Which will be bad for 10club & the fans trying to secure fan club ticket's online, if it's only 10-20 percent of tickets of the show amp.

Other then Alpine Valley, is there anything in IL, WI, MI etc.. 'Middle America' that can hold over 20,000 fans that is not run by Ticketmaster?
    Dude
    Its about money. If pj wants more tickets, they have to pay the piper. If TM gets paid, the tickets will be available.
    Which is why I think they will do a bunch of other shows to subsidize the PJ20 event.
    Post edited by Get_Right on
  • Options
    Mcam55Mcam55 Posts: 1,407
    pipes5977 wrote:

haha cmon
  • Options
    edited February 2011
    pj will try a different style this time for deal with the venue.....for more 10c members be there..be patient..... :)
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • Options
    JK109224JK109224 Posts: 590
    People booking flights and accommodation for a speculative date at a speculative venue? No worries. This happens every tour and people get owned.
    Come to send, not condescend...
  • Options
    Get_RightGet_Right Posts: 12,500
    pj will try a different style this time for deal with the venue.....for more 10c members be there..be patient..... :)
    yep
    just like msg 03'

where there is smoke there is fire
    just like the spectrum
    something very good will happen
  • Options
    veddertownveddertown Scotland Posts: 5,260
    pipes5977 wrote:
    Source!!? :lol:
    Like a book among the many on a shelf...

Dublin 02 Arena - 22/6/10. Belfast Odyssey Arena - 23/6/10. London Hyde Park - 25/6/10. Berlin Wuhlheide - 30/6/10.
    Manchester MEN - 20/06/12. Manchester MEN - 21/06/12
  • Options
    veddertown wrote:
    pipes5977 wrote:
    Source!!? :lol:
    no need..canada is on..we know that..the issue is the weekend.....we need announce early...
  • Options
    RedMosquito22RedMosquito22 Posts: 8,158
    edited February 2011
    81 wrote:
    Actually they get 12-20%

source?

10 club when I asked how many tickets they get for shows in the USA. Any other questions?

So basically at Alpine Valley that is most of the seated section. At most 4000 pairs at Alpine Valley. Will it be different this time. I doubt it. I'm sure they will avoid members showing up and receiving lawn seats and being pissed off.
    Post edited by RedMosquito22 on
    Member 164xxx

8/15/92, 9/28/96, 8/28/98, 8/29/98, 9/18/98, 8/3/00, 8/9/00, 8/10/00, 8/23/00, 8/25/00, 9/1/00, 9/2/00, 4/28/03, 6/18/03, 7/5/03, 7/6/03, 10/1/04, 10/3/05, 6/19/08, 10/27/09, 10/31/09, 5/21/10, 9/3/11, 9/4/11, 10/21/13

More to Come....
  • Options
    Just having fun Dimi, this forum has been a little too tense. I wish we knew now though because I don't know what I'd rather travel to, a Canada tour or Alpine because I don't think I could do both. Canada I'd do 4 or 5 shows probably... :)

Dublin 02 Arena - 22/6/10. Belfast Odyssey Arena - 23/6/10. London Hyde Park - 25/6/10. Berlin Wuhlheide - 30/6/10.
  • Options
    veddertown wrote:
    Just having fun Dimi, this forum has been a little too tense. I wish we knew now though because I don't know what I'd rather travel to, a Canada tour or Alpine because I don't think I could do both. Canada I'd do 4 or 5 shows probably... :)
    i know brotha...i do weekend no canada,,is a must be the weekend..its HUGE for the history of the band..
  • Options
    starmap3333starmap3333 Posts: 3,925
    edited February 2011
    This is going to be a real pain in the ass if it IS 8/26-8/28 because most hotels are all booked up. I hope it's a different weekend personally. Then again maybe I'll just loiter and sleep on the side of the road with my backpack. :mrgreen:

This trip requires lodging, car rentals for people flying since it's in a rural area, and all sorts of other logistics. This will be beyond a get a ticket and enjoy the show type thing I'm afraid. You'll all work to be there one way or the other.
    Post edited by starmap3333 on
  • Options
    veddertown wrote:
    i know brotha...i do weekend no canada,,is a must be the weekend..its HUGE for the history of the band..
    Exactly!
    Hell, you already missed the epic philly 3&4, you CAN'T miss this! ;)
    You are expected to be there, above all others... :D
  • Options
    veddertown wrote:
    Yeah it's going to be a historic weekend indeed, getting tickets is going to be such a big issue for these shows I almost feel like starting the "Alpine Valley Need Tickets Thread" now but will leave it just now as it will just fill up with posts from an un-named sceptical board member. Probably... :? ;)

• Options
    veddertown wrote:
    Exactly!
    Epic showscare the ones im in the venue... :lol::lol:
    love you girl..we will finally meet ;)
  • Options
    veddertown wrote:
    I almost feel like starting the "Alpine Valley Need Tickets Thread" now but will leave it just now as it will just fill up with posts from an un-named sceptical board member. Probably... :? ;)
    :lol::lol:
  • Options
    WhyNotSwedenWhyNotSweden Sweden Posts: 4,294
    you guys gonna freak me out with this booking...
    the problem i have for booking is the days,cos maybe go to nj first and fly to chicago after...
    if its alpine...

Ill fly from Copenhagen to Chicago 8h 50min. 500€ roundtrip.
    -95, Stockholm (MirrorBall Tour)
    -00, Stockholm
    -07, Copenhagen
    -09, Berlin
    -10, Berlin
    -11, East Troy 1+2
    -12, Stockholm, Oslo, Copenhagen, EV London 2
    -13, London, Chicago
    -14, Amsterdam 1+2, Berlin, Stockholm, Oslo
    -16, TOTD San Francisco 1+2
    -17, EV Amsterdam 2+3
    -18, Amsterdam 1+2, London 1+(2), Barcelona, London 2
    -19, EV Brussels

• Options
    WhyNotSwedenWhyNotSweden Sweden Posts: 4,294
    veddertown wrote:
    I almost feel like starting the "Alpine Valley Need Tickets Thread" now but will leave it just now as it will just fill up with posts from an un-named sceptical board member. Probably... :? ;)
    :lol::lol:

Then Ill start it :mrgreen:
    -95, Stockholm (MirrorBall Tour)
    -00, Stockholm
    -07, Copenhagen
    -09, Berlin
    -10, Berlin
    -11, East Troy 1+2
    -12, Stockholm, Oslo, Copenhagen, EV London 2
    -13, London, Chicago
    -14, Amsterdam 1+2, Berlin, Stockholm, Oslo
    -16, TOTD San Francisco 1+2
    -17, EV Amsterdam 2+3
    -18, Amsterdam 1+2, London 1+(2), Barcelona, London 2
    -19, EV Brussels

• Options
    veddertown wrote:
    Exactly!
    Don't worry, I'll see you at the bar ms. wes c.addle.... :D

• Options
    slcporchslcporch Posts: 212
    Flying into Milwaukee is much cheaper for me than Chicago ($400 less for two people). Plus it is a shorter drive to East Troy and the car rentals are half of what they are in Chicago.
  • Options
    slcporch wrote:
    Flying into Milwaukee is much cheaper for me than Chicago ($400 less for two people). Plus it is a shorter drive to East Troy and the car rentals are half of what they are in Chicago.
    This is exactly my advice to everyone! Even if it is more money to fly into milwaukee, you will definately save the headache and 2+ hours getting in from Chicago... plus the rental car.

The venue is in the middle of nowhere, but there are plenty of hotels in the surrounding areas... And, when they say it is a 15-20 min. drive to somewhere, it will be just that. The only traffic that you will have to deal with around the venue is fellow concert-goers, not crazy city dwellers.

If you search the surrounding areas, Milwaukee will have plenty to offer for hotels, as well as Lake Geneva, East Troy, Janesville, etc.
This discussion has been closed.