please ignore this thread....

Comments

• Athens -london-chicagio-milwaukee ..total journey time: 21 hours 15 minutes...950 $ if i book now..i wiush we knew the infos..
    slcporch wrote:
    Flying into Milwaukee is much cheaper for me than Chicago ($400 less for two people). Plus it is a shorter drive to East Troy and the car rentals are half of what they are in Chicago.
    This is exactly my advice to everyone! Even if it is more money to fly into milwaukee, you will definately save the headache and 2+ hours getting in from Chicago... plus the rental car.

The venue is in the middle of nowhere, but there are plenty of hotels in the surrounding areas... And, when they say it is a 15-20 min. drive to somewhere, it will be just that. The only traffic that you will have to deal with around the venue is fellow concert-goers, not crazy city dwellers.

If you search the surrounding areas, Milwaukee will have plenty to offer for hotels, as well as Lake Geneva, East Troy, Janesville, etc.
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • Gary CarterGary Carter Posts: 14,067
    shep wrote:

Hate to tell you this Frankie buddy, but he's right. There is no way 10C gets anymore than their usual cut of tickets for this show if they want to hold it at a live nation/ticketmaster venue. With the complete and total merger of the 2 companies in the last 3 months (and for those that aren't aware, go to ticketmaster and try and purchase music concert tickets and see what happens), the company has a complete and total stranglehold over the market. Why would they give up any more tickets than usual? Especially on what will surely be one of the biggest ticket draws of the summer, after the utterly terrible financial year they had in 2010.... Because they don't want to make money on the fees? Or Maybe because they're just "good guys"? :lol:
    thank you for backing me up. i guess stating facts on here is considered trolling and being a realist is a no go these days :lol: :roll: :)

Actually they get 12-20%
    and thats probably all they will get. i'd gather to say less or the usual 12%-20% seeing as how live nation owns alpine valley music theater and will want as many regular tickets as humanly possible

alota 10c members are gonna be shitting big time if they get lawn. me personally i don't care if i have a "seat" or am up on the lawn. it's all about the music and vibe and beer for me.

from house to east troy its 937.56 miles miles, daaaaaaaaaaaaamn
    Ron: I just don't feel like going out tonight
    Sammi: Wanna just break up?

• oh, and a 'large can of beer (16 oz,) is $13 at alpine. Fyi. That was the most insane thing I'd seen.

mucho tailgating needed!
  • josevolutionjosevolution Posts: 29,161
    Ok so what airport am i flying into :lol: i was thinking of road trip but after the partying we are gonna do the last thing i will wan't to do is drive like 15hrs :P ..
    jesus greets me looks just like me ....
    oh, and a 'large can of beer (16 oz,) is $13 at alpine. Fyi. That was the most insane thing I'd seen.

mucho tailgating needed!

Oh how about a Bar to have a preparty that is close by :?:
  • Gary CarterGary Carter Posts: 14,067
    oh, and a 'large can of beer (16 oz,) is $13 at alpine. Fyi. That was the most insane thing I'd seen.

mucho tailgating needed!
    mucho taligating wisco style is what you mean right? ;):)
    Ok so what airport am i flying into :lol: i was thinking of road trip but after the partying we are gonna do the last thing i will wan't to do is drive like 15hrs :P ..
    i've never truly gone on a road trip that far and this would be the perfect chance to do so. my buddy from work is down for this weekend bash and is down to roadtrip it. roadtripping it would be fun. just 16 hours of pj music :lol: .
    Ron: I just don't feel like going out tonight
    Sammi: Wanna just break up?

• oh, and a 'large can of beer (16 oz,) is $13 at alpine. Fyi. That was the most insane thing I'd seen.

mucho tailgating needed!

Typically it is a big 'deadhead' like feel to that place. Everyone brings coolers of beer and grills out all afternoon and plays yard games. Its a blast but definately different from what most people are used to when attending pj concerts... I was the crazy one walking around downtown Columbus with a beer, thinking that it was okay to do that- to 'tailgate' when there was a concert.... Well, the rent-a-cops didn't feel that way.

Anywho- I don't know how close any 'establishment' is for a proper pre-party....
  • chaslilchaslil Posts: 312
    On the Alpine Valley site, if you make a reservation for a date that turns out to be a concert date, higher prices automatically kick in.

Commenting on some other posts, I agree with the thought there will likely be higher VIP prices for the chairs. Further, If higher ticket prices are justified because the shows will support PJ charities, that might motivate special guests like Neil Young or Pete Townshend to show up, as PJ and Eddie have done for some many of their charitable endeavors. Making it a charity gig will also allow acts to donate time without a payday, and might even be the leverage to allow the whole place to be given over to Ten Club members w/o the Ticketmaster/LiveNation profit motive. Even though everyone wants to be in the front. I still dig the idea of huge shows without "civilians".

A pay-per-view or web cast would also pump the fundraising. I just can't see PJ doing something this grand without the charity angle. It would diffuse a great deal of griping about prices, and perhaps weed out some of the huge demand for this weekend.

Charles
    Charles
    "The Who is my life. Pearl Jam is my retirement"
  • given2fly23given2fly23 Posts: 5,902
    two words: PAPERLESS TICKETS

(I know we all want ticket stubs, but this is the only way to deter scalpers from buying up tickets)
    Found: Soundgarden Hyde Park DVD (Thank you for the gift!)
    Posters for Sale: http://community.pearljam.com/discussion/117469/posters-for-sale
    T-Shirts for Sale: http://community.pearljam.com/discussion/149289/pj-t-shirt-trade-or-sale

mucho tailgating needed!

Typically it is a big 'deadhead' like feel to that place. Everyone brings coolers of beer and grills out all afternoon and plays yard games. Its a blast but definately different from what most people are used to when attending pj concerts... I was the crazy one walking around downtown Columbus with a beer, thinking that it was okay to do that- to 'tailgate' when there was a concert.... Well, the rent-a-cops didn't feel that way.

Anywho- I don't know how close any 'establishment' is for a proper pre-party....

Ok so that means we would have to rely on the locals to have all that's needed to tailgate, i need to talk to big E to see wich way he will wan't to approach this :lol::lol:
  • Jose,
    I'll make sure I bring my magical guacamole dip 8-) . I'm already looking into places to stay, hope to see you there!
    So, What you Giving ?........ (Thanks Speedy, Alesek, & Arq+friends)
    What You Giving

I suggest you step out on your Porch.
    Run away my son. See it all. Oh, See the World!
  • Jose,
    I'll make sure I bring my magical guacamole dip 8-) . I'm already looking into places to stay, hope to see you there!

Love to see the recipe on this!
    ;)
  • KDH12KDH12 Posts: 2,096
    I don't feel like ready 27 pages but

Alpine is fine as I live in chicago

Wrigley Field is even better and they have had many big acts successfully including DMB, The Police and Billy Joel/Elton John.....
    **CUBS GO ALL THE WAY IN......never **
  • jamburger wrote:
    eyedclaar wrote:
    The one thing I am learning from this thread is that people need name tags at PJ20 so I know who to avoid.

It's easy enough when your avatar is your photo. I'm the dancing, singing hamburger. Feel free to ignore or join me for a beer. Please don't eat me though.

Priceless! After all that nastiness from Mr. Avoid Me, that was a much needed post! LOL
  • Paperless tickets do not curb scalping. All they do is meet you at the venue and swipe the credit card to let you in.
  • demetriosdemetrios Posts: 91,146
    KDH12 wrote:
    I don't feel like ready 27 pages but

Alpine is fine as I live in chicago

Wrigley Field is even better and they have had many big acts successfully including DMB, The Police and Billy Joel/Elton John.....

One of my first pics of places, Wrigley Field, if the band decided to play.

ejbjwrig1.jpg

Reserved seats & all. Elton John's stage was pretty small. Pearl Jam would have to create something big for something like this.
  • usamamasan1usamamasan1 Posts: 4,695
    JK109224 wrote:
    People booking flights and accommodation for a speculative date at a speculative venue? No worries. This happens every tour and people get owned.
    :clap:
  • usamamasan1usamamasan1 Posts: 4,695
    price the show high and give it away
  • you guys gonna freak me out with this booking...
    the problem i have for booking is the days,cos maybe go to nj first and fly to chicago after...
    if its alpine...

Ill fly from Copenhagen to Chicago 8h 50min. 500€ roundtrip.

That was cheap. Its 600 euro from Oslo.
    Rock Werchter 4 july - 2010, Arras 3 july - 2010, Berlin Wuhlheide - June 30, 2010, Odyssey arena Belfast - 23 june 2010, O2 arena Dublin - june 22 2010, O2 arena London - Aug 18, 2009, Manchester Evening News Arena - Aug 17, 2009, Berlin Wuhlheide - Aug 15, 2009, Copenhagen 2007-06-26 Forum, London 2007-06-18 Wembley Arena, Prague 2006-09-22 Sazka Arena, Denmark 2000-06-30 Roskilde Festival, Stockholm on August 12th Mirrorball tour with Neil Young, Oslo 1993-06-27 Isle of Calf Festival(Kalvoya), Oslo Secret Club Concert 1993-06-26 Sentrum Scene
  • ChrisileinChrisilein Posts: 3,889
    Athens -london-chicagio-milwaukee ..total journey time: 21 hours 15 minutes...950 $ if i book now..i wiush we knew the infos..

Vienna-London-Chicago-Milwaukee! Good chance that we have the same flight from London, Dimi!
    up here in my tree in Vienna
    2006: Vienna 2009: Berlin 2010: London ~ Berlin 2012: Amsterdam 1+2 ~ Werchter ~ Arras ~ Berlin 1+2
    2014: Milano ~ Trieste ~ Vienna ~ Berlin 2018: Padova ~ Rome 2022: Budapest ~ Vienna
    EV London/Hammersmith 2012
    EV Berlin/Zitadelle 2017
  • ChrisileinChrisilein Posts: 3,889
    you guys gonna freak me out with this booking...
    the problem i have for booking is the days,cos maybe go to nj first and fly to chicago after...
    if its alpine...

Only 8h 50 min??? :o
    up here in my tree in Vienna
    2006: Vienna 2009: Berlin 2010: London ~ Berlin 2012: Amsterdam 1+2 ~ Werchter ~ Arras ~ Berlin 1+2
    2014: Milano ~ Trieste ~ Vienna ~ Berlin 2018: Padova ~ Rome 2022: Budapest ~ Vienna
    EV London/Hammersmith 2012
    EV Berlin/Zitadelle 2017
  • Chrisilein wrote:

Only 8h 50 min??? :o

Its only 8h 15 min back to Copenhagen!
    -95, Stockholm (MirrorBall Tour)
    -00, Stockholm
    -07, Copenhagen
    -09, Berlin
    -10, Berlin
    -11, East Troy 1+2
    -12, Stockholm, Oslo, Copenhagen, EV London 2
    -13, London, Chicago
    -14, Amsterdam 1+2, Berlin, Stockholm, Oslo
    -16, TOTD San Francisco 1+2
    -17, EV Amsterdam 2+3
    -18, Amsterdam 1+2, London 1+(2), Barcelona, London 2
    -19, EV Brussels

• demetrios wrote:

ejbjwrig1.jpg

Reserved seats & all. Elton John's stage was pretty small. Pearl Jam would have to create something big for something like this.

Dont they get a stiff neck after this?
    -95, Stockholm (MirrorBall Tour)
    -00, Stockholm
    -07, Copenhagen
    -09, Berlin
    -10, Berlin
    -11, East Troy 1+2
    -12, Stockholm, Oslo, Copenhagen, EV London 2
    -13, London, Chicago
    -14, Amsterdam 1+2, Berlin, Stockholm, Oslo
    -16, TOTD San Francisco 1+2
    -17, EV Amsterdam 2+3
    -18, Amsterdam 1+2, London 1+(2), Barcelona, London 2
    -19, EV Brussels

• ]

Dont they get a stiff neck after this?
    great....is this for a rock party anniversary,or pavaroti hardcore fans private show???
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • Thanks for the info Nelly. If its true it will make a nice road trip for me. Like all of us... I just wish we had the dates.
  • Ryan_WFCRyan_WFC Posts: 1,341
    ms259093 wrote:
    Paperless tickets do not curb scalping. All they do is meet you at the venue and swipe the credit card to let you in.

That's MUCH more of a hassle for a scalper than getting hard tickets and uploading them on Stubhub or Ebay.
    "They said ... timing was everything
    made him ... want to be everywhere
    there's a ... lot to be said for nowhere."
  • Bird889Bird889 Posts: 423
    I really hope it is not over Labor Day weekend here in the States. My favorite niece is getting married that weekend and she seemed upset when I asked her if her date was flexible.

I already booked a room at the Holiday Inn Express -New Berlin which is 20 miles from the venue. I have til the day of check in to cancel the reservation and not get charged.
    Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of
    arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to
    slide in sideways, BBQ sandwich in one hand, cold beer in the other,
    body thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and screaming "Woo Hoo what a
    ride"!
    Unknown

• Pj 20 is there...you can plan your trip now

A famous little birdie flew by me

a little birdie told me in a dream it will be August 20th
    those bold boys,and there beautiful boats
  • pjtaperpjtaper Posts: 3,020

mucho tailgating needed!

how about we have the preparty in Alpine's AWESOME parking lot, the FANS supply the booze, and we don't give the bar owners a bunch of our charity money...
  • SawyerSawyer Posts: 2,411
    talked to some Alpine buds and got the confirmation too
    no dates though...big bummer
This discussion has been closed.