Winter Storm - 2012

Comments

• mickeyratmickeyrat Posts: 37,872
    eyedclaar wrote:
    mickeyrat wrote:
    heres what your little chicago area flurries brought. All trucks out of chicago delayed. should have received three trucks already. will likely get hit with two tomorrow and one possibly two on saturday. All product from these trucks are for my depts. gonna get jammed and crammed. fun fun fun.

Frankly , I blame 81 and Speedy. I'll get you guys. trust me. you're on the list!!!! :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:

Say Eyed? Ya busy in about 8 weeks? should be healed from getting your club foot fixed , right? :mrgreen:

Depends. What kind of inventory is on these trucks?
    Thats irrelevant. What is relevant is you possibly planning an Eyed spring "hiking trip" for the baby and his cohort.
    _____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
  • 8181 Posts: 58,276
    Dear Rat,

Please send a truck and a loader. I would like to ship a pile of snow to the Columbus area.

Thanks
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
    just looking at the foreacst for the next 10 days....

this shit isn't going anywhere anytime soon. i guess it's sort of cool. i've seen snow piles, but never like this.

also some more light snow coming this sun/mon. not sure what light snow means, but it's going to suck finding a spot to store even an inch or two more of this white stuff. :lol:
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • eyedclaareyedclaar Posts: 6,980
    mickeyrat wrote:
    Thats irrelevant. What is relevant is you possibly planning an Eyed spring "hiking trip" for the baby and his cohort.

I'm pretty sure they'd both be eager to join me on a little walk... especially Speedy. He adores me.
    Idaho's Premier Outdoor Writer

Please Support My Writing Habit By Purchasing A Book:

https://www.createspace.com/3437020

http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100000663025696

http://earthtremors.blogspot.com/
  • mickeyratmickeyrat Posts: 37,872
    81 wrote:
    Dear Rat,

Please send a truck and a loader. I would like to ship a pile of snow to the Columbus area.

Thanks
    shouldn't this be in the " did you get the memo" thread? hehehe

shit, all you need to do is have Speedy back a truck up to a pile and use your snowblowers to fill it!!
    _____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
  • They finally plowed my street....I am no longer trapped!!!
    They finally plowed my street....I am no longer trapped!!!
    My street is already dry.

However schaumburg road is plowed like shit. Right lane would be fine, then the snow would cover 1/3rd of the lane. Thanks cook county.

Barrington is still a disaster. Looks like it had 4plus inchs still on the road
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • 81 wrote:

However schaumburg road is plowed like shit. Right lane would be fine, then the snow would cover 1/3rd of the lane. Thanks cook county.

Yeah, I've heard some of the main roads out in the burbs are in rough shape. I know there was a shitload of snow, but it hasnt been snowing for well over 24 hours...these roads should be cleaned up by now.
    it just pisses me off that the villages depend on the county/state to handle the snow on so many of the major roads.

and we all know the county's focus isn't in the burbs.

where i grew up, the city's (notice not village) would handle everything within the city's borders (except interstates), regardless of who "owned" the road.

the major roads were always done first and than residential streets.

seems like here, it residential, than major, which really fucks up traffic.

personally, i'd much rather deal with a little snow during the slow residential portion of my drive, vs. the 4 lane high traffic portion....nah....that makes too much sense, this is IL.

:lol:

enough ranting
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • normnorm Posts: 31,146
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bbYr3bvQBMY

If I were the police....

I would have left the couple, at the end of this video.....Stranded in their car....

Or I would have towed their car, with them still in it....And dumped it right in the fucking lake......

Did she really look at the camera and say....referring to the cops....

"arent they nice"????

FUCK HER!!!!!
    The cops were their to save their fucking lives........

the cops should have put a bullet into their heads
    norm wrote:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bbYr3bvQBMY

If I were the police....

I would have left the couple, at the end of this video.....Stranded in their car....

Or I would have towed their car, with them still in it....And dumped it right in the fucking lake......

Did she really look at the camera and say....referring to the cops....

"arent they nice"????

FUCK HER!!!!!
    The cops were their to save their fucking lives........

the cops should have put a bullet into their heads

normally, chicago cops would just beat you....guess they were feeling generous with the snow (and tv cams)
    :lol:
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • 81 wrote:

Fucking crazyness today/tonight in my semi....

Im on Rt 83, which has been plowed.....Except for ONE LITTLE PROBLEM........

The guy plowing it must have had a bottle of Jack Daniels with him to keep him warm....hehe

3 lanes for a mile...
    Then it becomes 2 lanes...
    Then back to 3 lanes....
    Then 1 and a half lanes....
    Then back to 2 and a half lanes....

Actually that problem was everywhere.....

When everyone is back to work tomorrow (and everyone should be back at work by now) there is going to be major traffic situations(accidents).....

Unless they fix the problem this evening(which I dont see happening)
    Take me piece by piece.....
    Till there aint nothing left worth taking away from me.....
    looks like they cleaned up schaumburg road.

i could only peak down barrington, but it still looked pretty bad.

retarded
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
    Higgens...what a mess. Three lanes into one. I get three into two and can deal with that, but one, really
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • unlost dogsunlost dogs Posts: 12,553
    81 wrote:
    Higgens...what a mess. Three lanes into one. I get three into two and can deal with that, but one, really

Where's your sense of adventure?

You haven't really lived until you've approached a Massachusetts rotary with snowpiles so high you can't see the oncoming traffic.

And here, to yield is to admit you are a wuss.

:twisted:
    15 years of sharks 06/30/08 (MA), 05/17/10 (Boston), 09/03/11 (Alpine Valley), 09/04/11 (Alpine Valley), 09/30/12 (Missoula), 07/19/13 (Wrigley), 10/15/13 (Worcester), 10/16/13 (Worcester), 10/25/13 (Hartford), 12/4/13 (Vancouver), 12/6/13 (Seattle), 6/26/14 (Berlin), 6/28/14 (Stockholm), 10/16/14 (Detroit)
    Its blind turns every where. I get that, but to do such a misearble job plowing. At least try
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • 81 wrote:
    Its blind turns every where. I get that, but to do such a misearble job plowing. At least try

Yeah, what a fucking mess it still is out there. Lake Cook Road is still completely fucked.
    i miss you Mr Blizzard man.....please come back soon.
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • rick1zoo2rick1zoo2 Posts: 12,632
    snow_miser_21.jpg
    81 wrote:
    Forecast is calling for 12-18 inchs tuesday. Off to the store to get some food

awwwww...we had 2 19+ ya big girl.....

at least 9 people died

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2011/02/0 ... 18113.html

and you have the gall to crack jokes about it.

how dare you.
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • It ain't got shit on the Australian blizzard of 2011.
    Adelaide 17/11/2009, Melbourne 20/11/2009, Sydney 22/11/2009, Melbourne (Big Day Out Festival) 24/01/2014
  • BLACK35BLACK35 Hanover, Ontario Posts: 22,680
    why are we talking snow when its still August :evil:
    2005 - London
    2009 - Toronto
    2010 - Buffalo
    2011 - Toronto 1&2
    2013 - London, Pittsburgh, Buffalo
    2014 - Cincinnati, St. Louis, Detroit
    2016 - Ft. Lauderdale, Miami, Ottawa, Toronto 1
    2018 - Fenway 1&2
    2022 - Hamilton, Toronto
    2023 - Chicago 1&2
    2024 - Las Vegas 1&2
    BLACK35 wrote:

it's a pissing contest. my advice would be to try to stay out of the piss...
    rick1zoo2 wrote:
    BLACK35 wrote:

it's a pissing contest. my advice would be to try to stay out of the piss...

don't eat the yellow snow. :P
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
    here comes the snow again....
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • RKCNDYRKCNDY Posts: 31,013
    81 wrote:

don't eat the yellow snow. :P

but what if it's rock candy?

yellow-snow.jpg

unlost sent me a package of it...
    The joy of life comes from our encounters with new experiences, and hence there is no greater joy than to have an endlessly changing horizon, for each day to have a new and different sun.

- Christopher McCandless
  • Newch91Newch91 Posts: 17,560
    Still no winter snow and we're approaching mid-January. Don't know if we'll get hammered with snow in February and March.
    Shows: 6.27.08 Hartford, CT/5.15.10 Hartford, CT/6.18.2011 Hartford, CT (EV Solo)/10.19.13 Brooklyn/10.25.13 Hartford
    "Becoming a Bruce fan is like hitting puberty as a musical fan. It's inevitable." - dcfaithful
  • Mamasan23Mamasan23 Posts: 16,388
    81 wrote:
    here comes the snow again....

NO NO NO. It's beautiful outside I refuse to believe we're getting any snow this week!
    WI '98,  WI '99 (EV),  WI '00,  Chgo '00,  MO '00,  Champaign '03,  Chgo '03,  WI '03,  IN '03,  MI '04,  Chgo '06:N1 & 2,  WI '06,  Chgo '07,  Chgo '08 (EV:N1),  Chgo '09:N1 & 2,  Chgo '11 (EV:N1),  WI '11:N1 & 2,  Philly '12,  Wrigley '13,  Pitt '13,  Buff '13, Detroit '14, MKE '14, Wrigley '16: N1 & N2, Seattle '18 N2, Wrigley '18: N1 & N2, Fenway '18 N1, STL '22, St Paul '23 N2, Chgo '23: N1 & N2
    supposed to rain today

we had our blizzard at Halloween. broke all the trees and stuff