Winter Storm - 2012

Comments

• Take me piece by piece.....
    Till there aint nothing left worth taking away from me.....
  • 81 wrote:
    my car isn't goin anywhere until spring.

fixed. :lol:

i hear they have a metra station around the corner from your office. :lol:

That might be a bit more accurate. There is a Metra near my work, but unfortunately nowhere near where I live. Hopefully those plows come down my street tonight.
  • normnorm Posts: 31,146

:shock: :shock:

you people ever heard of chains? :lol:
  • 8181 Posts: 58,276
    norm wrote:
    when does forest fire season begin?
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • normnorm Posts: 31,146
    81 wrote:
    norm wrote:
    when does forest fire season begin?

:P

Nice. Hopefully this storm blew the damn geese back to canada
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bbYr3bvQBMY

If I were the police....

I would have left the couple, at the end of this video.....Stranded in their car....

Or I would have towed their car, with them still in it....And dumped it right in the fucking lake......

Did she really look at the camera and say....referring to the cops....

"arent they nice"????

FUCK HER!!!!!
    The cops were their to save their fucking lives........
    Take me piece by piece.....
  • chadwickchadwick Posts: 21,157
    81 wrote:

Nice. Hopefully this storm blew the damn smoking babies back to canada where they came from

repaired.
    ;)
    for poetry through the ceiling. ISBN: 1 4241 8840 7

"Hear me, my chiefs!
    I am tired; my heart is
    sick and sad. From where
    the sun stands I will fight
    no more forever."

Chief Joseph - Nez Perce
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bbYr3bvQBMY

If I were the police....

I would have left the couple, at the end of this video.....Stranded in their car....

Or I would have towed their car, with them still in it....And dumped it right in the fucking lake......

"arent they nice"????

FUCK HER!!!!!

Chicago people suck. :mrgreen::lol:
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • 81 wrote:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bbYr3bvQBMY

If I were the police....

"arent they nice"????

FUCK HER!!!!!

Chicago people suck. :mrgreen::lol:
    Those 2 assholes in that car sure suck.....
  • Still snowed in. The piece of shit city of Chicago still hasn't plowed my street and I spent an hour trying to get out of my parking spot before I gave up. Now I have to waste a vacation day. Who wants to move to Cali with me??
    Still snowed in. The piece of shit city of Chicago still hasn't plowed my street and I spent an hour trying to get out of my parking spot before I gave up. Now I have to waste a vacation day. Who wants to move to Cali with me??

even when they do plow, you are stilll going to be fucked, because guess wehre that snow is going to end up....that's right, right on top of your car.

i drove down their once a week after a snow a few years ago and it was still a bitch on the side streets. fyi, your metra train stops at union station. :P

but if it makes you feel better, my village came thru over night to do some touch up plowing and dumped more snow into the end of my drive. i just stuck the gear selector in ramming speed and drove over/thru it.
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • Still snowed in. The piece of shit city of Chicago still hasn't plowed my street and I spent an hour trying to get out of my parking spot before I gave up. Now I have to waste a vacation day. Who wants to move to Cali with me??

My question...

How many of the people on your street have gone out and attempted to dig out your street????

The last neighborhood I lived in.....Before I moved to River Grove....

NOBODY and I mean NOBODY would shovel their walkways or dig out their cars.......They wouldnt even think about helping dig out the street.....

I spent the last 5 winters digging out the 3 parking spaces in front of my apartment.....Only to have the piece of shit, asshole fucks, who lived across the street steal the spots.....
  • 81 wrote:
    Still snowed in. The piece of shit city of Chicago still hasn't plowed my street and I spent an hour trying to get out of my parking spot before I gave up. Now I have to waste a vacation day. Who wants to move to Cali with me??

even when they do plow, you are stilll going to be fucked, because guess wehre that snow is going to end up....that's right, right on top of your car.

i drove down their once a week after a snow a few years ago and it was still a bitch on the side streets. fyi, your metra train stops at union station. :P

but if it makes you feel better, my village came thru over night to do some touch up plowing and dumped more snow into the end of my drive. i just stuck the gear selector in ramming speed and drove over/thru it.

I know I'll have to dig my car out again. But at least after they plow the street, I'll be able to drive down the street and get the hell out of here. I was able to get out of my spot this morning, but the snow is too high in the middle of the street and that doesn't work well with my ford focus which is so f'n low to the ground.

I know about the Union Station thing...I may have to do that tomorrow....take the el all the way downtown, then walk to union station, take the metra way out to deerfield, then a bus to my building. That's 2 hours each way. We'll see what happens.

If the city didn't fuck up so bad with this mess on LSD, they would have been able to start plowing the side streets earlier...
    time to go buy a f250, put on a 10inch lift and 33 inch swampers. :lol:
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg

My question...

How many of the people on your street have gone out and attempted to dig out your street????

NOBODY and I mean NOBODY would shovel their walkways or dig out their cars.......They wouldnt even think about helping dig out the street.....

I spent the last 5 winters digging out the 3 parking spaces in front of my apartment.....Only to have the piece of shit, asshole fucks, who lived across the street steal the spots.....

I was out there a few times yesterday and I didn't see anybody out there trying dig out the street or anything. Most of the people on my street have garages or take the el to work which is only a block away.

Fuck winter!
  • vduboisevduboise Posts: 1,937

My question...

This year, we dug our street out. The hub took the snow blower and cleared our block and then turned down the secondary block to get to the main road. Once he started clearing the street, that is when everyone decided to come on out and tried to get out. the first snow, the city did not clear our street for 4 days, and then the next time, it took them 2 days- we would have been up the shits waiting for the city.

I say be proactive instead of waiting for the city to do it for you.
  • vduboise wrote:

My question...

This year, we dug our street out. The hub took the snow blower and cleared our block and then turned down the secondary block to get to the main road. Once he started clearing the street, that is when everyone decided to come on out and tried to get out. the first snow, the city did not clear our street for 4 days, and then the next time, it took them 2 days- we would have been up the shits waiting for the city.

I say be proactive instead of waiting for the city to do it for you.
    Exactly....
    There were 20-30 of us out yesterday digging out EVERYONES driveway, walkway, and cars.....
    We introduced ourselves, we drank coffee, we had hot chocolate, and we shoveled snow for 8 hours........

All driveways are cleaned, all walkways are cleaned, the street is cleaned...Everyone is happy.....

Again...My last 5 winters in Chicago....I NEVER saw anyone shovel anything on the street I lived on....
  • eyedclaareyedclaar Posts: 6,980
    I am totally jealous of all this snow blowing and digging and whatnot. Reminds me of my youth in Sun Valley.
    Idaho's Premier Outdoor Writer

Please Support My Writing Habit By Purchasing A Book:

https://www.createspace.com/3437020

http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100000663025696

http://earthtremors.blogspot.com/
  • The one thing that bothers me....

Those 8ft high piles of snow that I now have an each side of my driveway????

I will be looking at those fuckers for the next 6 weeks.....hehehehehe
  • The one thing that bothers me....

Keep that in the Midwest sunshine. I'm tired of looking at it here..
    Reading 2004
    Albany 2006 Camden 2006 E. Rutherford 2, 2006 Inglewood 2006,
    Chicago 2007
    Camden 2008 MSG 2008 MSG 2008 Hartford 2008.
    Seattle 2009 Seattle 2009 Philadelphia 2009,Philadelphia 2009 Philadelphia 2009
    Hartford 2010 MSG 2010 MSG 2010
    Toronto 2011,Toronto 2011
    Wrigley Field 2013 Brooklyn 2013 Brooklyn 2013 Philadelphia 2, 2013
    Philadelphia 1, 2016 Philadelphia 2 2016 New York 2016 New York 2016 Fenway 1, 2016
    Fenway 2, 2018
    MSG 2022
    St. Paul, 1, St. Paul 2 2023
    MSG 2024, MSG 2024
    Philadelphia 2024
    "I play good, hard-nosed basketball.
    Things happen in the game. Nothing you
    can do. I don't go and say,
    "I'm gonna beat this guy up."
    The one thing that bothers me....

:lol:

i don't mind looking at them, but man, seeing around them isn't going to be fun. i could see over most of the piles in my truck, but car folks are going to be turning blind.

mark it down, in about a month when everything melts, we are going to see people bitching about flooding.
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • mickeyratmickeyrat Posts: 37,875
    heres what your little chicago area flurries brought. All trucks out of chicago delayed. should have received three trucks already. will likely get hit with two tomorrow and one possibly two on saturday. All product from these trucks are for my depts. gonna get jammed and crammed. fun fun fun.

Frankly , I blame 81 and Speedy. I'll get you guys. trust me. you're on the list!!!! :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:

Say Eyed? Ya busy in about 8 weeks? should be healed from getting your club foot fixed , right? :mrgreen:
    _____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
    mickeyrat wrote:
    heres what your little chicago area flurries brought. All trucks out of chicago delayed. should have received three trucks already. will likely get hit with two tomorrow and one possibly two on saturday. All product from these trucks are for my depts. gonna get jammed and crammed. fun fun fun.

Frankly , I blame 81 and Speedy. I'll get you guys. trust me. you're on the list!!!! :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:

Say Eyed? Ya busy in about 8 weeks? should be healed from getting your club foot fixed , right? :mrgreen:

don't blame me. your speedy blame is spot on. that little fucker couldn't keep the yard clear...

oooops, did i call Speedy fucker....sorry Speedy....let me edit that. Our dear ol pal Speedy couldn't keep the yard snow free.

whew.
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • eyedclaareyedclaar Posts: 6,980
    mickeyrat wrote:

Depends. What kind of inventory is on these trucks?
    Idaho's Premier Outdoor Writer

Please Support My Writing Habit By Purchasing A Book:

https://www.createspace.com/3437020

http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100000663025696

http://earthtremors.blogspot.com/
  • mickeyratmickeyrat Posts: 37,875
    81 wrote:
    mickeyrat wrote:

don't blame me. your speedy blame is spot on. that little fucker couldn't keep the yard clear...

oooops, did i call Speedy fucker....sorry Speedy....let me edit that. Our dear ol pal Speedy couldn't keep the yard snow free.

whew.
    well, young man, you get the blame too for starting this here little weather thread. :mrgreen:
    _____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14