Winter Storm - 2012

Comments

• chadwickchadwick Posts: 21,157
    eyedclaar wrote:
    chadwick wrote:
    but wet wood never burns. always remember that.

Tell that to the drunken, dipshit, rednecks I see every year using a chainsaw to down a live, healthy pine tree and then try to burn it in the campfire. No matter how much gasoline you dump on it, it won't burn you motherfucking idiots.

they are dumb, mr. eyed.
    do they realize it takes up to a year or so to season firewood?
    do they realize sawing down a perfectly good tree is a dickhead move?

where are the grizzlies when ya need 'em?
    actually... bad idea.
    these dickheads would just shoot them.

blizzard of 2011... hopefully a bear eats someone stupid.
    wait... grizzlies are sleeping... i bet there is a grizzly out and about someplace somewhere
    for poetry through the ceiling. ISBN: 1 4241 8840 7

"Hear me, my chiefs!
    I am tired; my heart is
    sick and sad. From where
    the sun stands I will fight
    no more forever."

Chief Joseph - Nez Perce
  • chadwickchadwick Posts: 21,157
    81 wrote:
    you Iowa people are just to manly for the rest of the nation. :lol:
    that is why iowa is like texas
    we are our own nations.
    fuck y'all.

iowa forever.

:mrgreen:
    for poetry through the ceiling. ISBN: 1 4241 8840 7

"Hear me, my chiefs!
    I am tired; my heart is
    sick and sad. From where
    the sun stands I will fight
    no more forever."

Chief Joseph - Nez Perce
  • MrMerkinballMrMerkinball Posts: 1,978
    It hits Toronto tomorrow afternoon. Taking Wednesday off.
  • eyedclaareyedclaar Posts: 6,980
    chadwick wrote:
    they are dumb, mr. eyed.
    do they realize it takes up to a year or so to season firewood?
    do they realize sawing down a perfectly good tree is a dickhead move?

where are the grizzlies when ya need 'em?
    actually... bad idea.
    these dickheads would just shoot them.

blizzard of 2011... hopefully a bear eats someone stupid.
    wait... grizzlies are sleeping... i bet there is a grizzly out and about someplace somewhere

The grizzers will wake up once in awhile during the winter and step outside to stretch their muscles and see if any kind of nearby carrion catches their sense of smell. They can't risk being too active without a food source or their slowed metabolism will fire back up. Typically, they emerge from their dens in April, at least here in the lower 48. Last year was the most dangerous year for grizzlies in a long, long time. 2 people died in attacks, but one of them was totally a biologist team's fault. In any case, those two encounters are causing officials to reconsider the current protections for these great bears and open up the population to hunters once again. Meanwhile, every year, grizzlies are killed in very questionable encounters where a person just says they felt threatened. Which usually means someone saw a bear and shot it.
    Idaho's Premier Outdoor Writer

Please Support My Writing Habit By Purchasing A Book:

https://www.createspace.com/3437020

http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100000663025696

http://earthtremors.blogspot.com/
  • neilybabes86neilybabes86 Posts: 16,057
    we just got a better forecast bd

more on the rain side ....so they say
    i post on the board of a band that doesn't exsist anymore .......i need my head examined.......
  • Black DiamondBlack Diamond Posts: 25,107

Woo hoo!!

And my Chicago trip for Wednesday has been cancelled :thumbup:
    But San Diego for next week is still on 8-)
    GoiMTvP.gif

Woo hoo!!

well like i said...so they say :mrgreen:

san diego sounds great atm
    i post on the board of a band that doesn't exsist anymore .......i need my head examined.......

Woo hoo!!

well like i said...so they say :mrgreen:

san diego sounds great atm
    Yeah I traded Minneapolis for SD :mrgreen:
    GoiMTvP.gif
  • normnorm Posts: 31,146

reserved the hummer yet? :P
  • 8181 Posts: 58,276

Woo hoo!!

Chicago will be a poorer place without you and your 5 ft thick wallet.
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
    norm wrote:

reserved the hummer yet? :P
    Of course 8-)
    Thinking of going a more shocking blue this time ;)
    GoiMTvP.gif
  • eyedclaareyedclaar Posts: 6,980
    Of course 8-)
    Thinking of going a more shocking blue this time ;)

So, you're one of THOSE guys, eh? :evil:
    Idaho's Premier Outdoor Writer

Please Support My Writing Habit By Purchasing A Book:

https://www.createspace.com/3437020

http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100000663025696

http://earthtremors.blogspot.com/
    my sources (VP of HR) are indicating a high likely hood of an early closing on tuesday and a full closing for wed.

:P
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • BinauralJamBinauralJam Posts: 14,158
    81 wrote:
    my sources (VP of HR) are indicating a high likely hood of an early closing on tuesday and a full closing for wed.

:P

Nice!
  • The JugglerThe Juggler Posts: 48,527
    our vp of sales (aka: a dope) sends an email out about this new mailer program we should be getting calls on this week by saying "Regardless of the weather, you’ll want to be here tomorrow and the rest of the week Over 75,000 emails are being sent between Tuesday & Wednesday!" .......basically he is saying you better risk your life to come to work this week.

he then concludes said email, and i'm dead serious, with this gem:
    “Oh the weather outside is frightful, but the leads you’ll be getting are delightful!!!” --he added a bunch of cartoon pictures of people sledding and making snowmen in it ot make all the more cheery. :roll:
    www.myspace.com
    our vp of sales (aka: a dope) sends an email out about this new mailer program we should be getting calls on this week by saying "Regardless of the weather, you’ll want to be here tomorrow and the rest of the week Over 75,000 emails are being sent between Tuesday & Wednesday!" .......basically he is saying you better risk your life to come to work this week.

“Oh the weather outside is frightful, but the leads you’ll be getting are delightful!!!” --he added a bunch of cartoon pictures of people sledding and making snowmen in it ot make all the more cheery. :roll:

jeagler talking to the vp of sales

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=69y6JR-hMMU

• Newch91Newch91 Posts: 17,560
    norm wrote:

:lol::lol::lol:
    Classic speech
    Shows: 6.27.08 Hartford, CT/5.15.10 Hartford, CT/6.18.2011 Hartford, CT (EV Solo)/10.19.13 Brooklyn/10.25.13 Hartford
    "Becoming a Bruce fan is like hitting puberty as a musical fan. It's inevitable." - dcfaithful
    norm wrote:

what is that glen gary/glen ross? i can't access youtube here.

if it is, that is hillarious because i am intending on watching that and boiler room back to back at some point this week to get a lil mojo back :mrgreen:
    www.myspace.com
    norm wrote:

yep...when pacino chews out spacey for blowing his sale
    norm wrote:
    norm wrote:

yep...when pacino chews out spacey for blowing his sale

love it.
    www.myspace.com
  • dcfaithfuldcfaithful Posts: 13,076

That guy sounds like a grade A tool.
    7/2/06 - Denver, CO
    6/12/08 - Tampa, FL
    8/23/09 - Chicago, IL
    9/28/09 - Salt Lake City, UT (11 years too long!!!)
    9/03/11 - East Troy, WI - PJ20 - Night 1
    9/04/11 - East Troy, WI - PJ20 - Night 2
    dcfaithful wrote:

actually just someone who realizes snow..no matter how much..doesn't stop business

jeags is in mortgages i believe...that never shuts down like my bond trading
    dcfaithful wrote:

actually just someone who realizes snow..no matter how much..doesn't stop business

jeags is in mortgages i believe...that never shuts down like my bond trading

while this is true, trust me, dcfaithful is correct. he is a complete and utter tool. kind of guy who hasn't sold a thing in 10 or 15 years yet acts like he knows everything. he is the kind of guy in upper management who only offers negative feedback to his salesforce. dude's got the respect of nobody here. :lol:
    www.myspace.com
  • mickeyratmickeyrat Posts: 37,875
    81 wrote:
    yup. kyw1060
    nowadays you find out instantly on the news scroll or the internet. where's the fun in that?

and text messages now

i misread your other post and though you had a week off of work in the mid 80's :lol:

yeah in high school we had mid terms canceled twice :thumbup:
    once in '93 due to the ice storm. missed a week of school.
    then in the blizzard of '96. missed another week. that shit was great.
    Blizzard of 77-78 closed schools for over two weeks. Used PBS to get the lessons. turned em in at wendy's retsuarants. or some such shit. All I know is school went well into june.
    _____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
    mickeyrat wrote:
    81 wrote:
    i misread your other post and though you had a week off of work in the mid 80's :lol:

yeah in high school we had mid terms canceled twice :thumbup:
    Blizzard of 77-78 closed schools for over two weeks. Used PBS to get the lessons. turned em in at wendy's retsuarants. or some such shit. All I know is school went well into june.

you lost me at pbs and wendys...did your teacher work the fryer on weekends?
    www.myspace.com
  • mickeyratmickeyrat Posts: 37,875
    mickeyrat wrote:
    :thumbup:

you lost me at pbs and wendys...did your teacher work the fryer on weekends?[/quote]
    no no no. because we were out for so long they put basics lesson on PBS for each grade. we could get zerox copies at wendy's or some such shit.this was 30+ yrs ago youngin!! Cant be expecting the old fogey's to remember everything.think of all the brain cells we've killed over the years.
    _____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
    so far just a inch or so over night.....

a few minor flurries this am

i await your winterey white wrath
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • PureandEasyPureandEasy Posts: 5,799
    81 wrote:

so you're actually going to get it today yes?

Be safe, and hunker down.

I am so sick of this GD winter.
  • 81 wrote:

Freezing rain to rain here so far

I'd rather have snow then ice
    My drinking team has a hockey problem

The ONLY thing better than a glass of beer is tea with Miss McGill

A protuberance of flesh above the waistband of a tight pair of trousers
    81 wrote:

that's what they are still saying.

hoping the office closes early.
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg