Options

***OFFICIAL FOO FIGHTERS THREAD***

Comments

• Options
    jonsey30jonsey30 Rochester Hills, MI Posts: 998
    There is a lot of shit that I don't like. I generally just avoid those threads. You instead came in just to say some inflammatory stuff. Not shocking that it sparked a debate.

But come on, Nickelback? When did they ever write anything close to Everlong?
    7/19/13 - Wrigley Field, Chicago, IL
    10/11/13 - Pittsburgh, PA
    10/12/13 - Buffalo, NY
    10/16/2014 - Detroit, MI
    5/10/2016 - Toronto, ON
    3/24/2020 - Hamilton, ON
    9/7/2023 - Chicago, IL

• Options
    PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,762
    edited November 2014
    No, I'm not shocked, and debate is good at any rate. But i actually came in here to ask about that video because of genuine curiosity, not to piss people off. Just because in don't like FF doesn't mean i shouldn't talk about them or be curious about them and their fans (especially since it's impossible to avoid them - theu seem everywhere, lol). I'm just not an avoider I guess. ;)
    Post edited by PJ_Soul on
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Options
    SuziemaySuziemay Posts: 11,165
    edited November 2014
    JOEJOEJOE said:

Random mega bundle boxes were signed by the band.

Not my box it seems, unless they decided to sign it in invisible ink! :D
  • Options

Got the email with the presale password last night..... Happy to see Fenway included......

Saturday 7/18 or bust!

Good luck to everyone trying to get tickets!
  • Options
    MayDay10MayDay10 Posts: 11,630
    people are way too uptight on judging music and the "integrity" of the music. Lyrics don't need to be dark riddles or deeply veiled references to a number of things. Sometimes straight forward works just fine. The individual musicians in the Foos are top-notch. They are also deeply intertwined with "our" music history being direct descendants of Nirvana.

The music makes me feel good. Some songs and albums bring me back to various stages of my life. The time I saw them live kicked ass and probably ranks in the top 3 acts Ive seen.

There really isnt much good Arena Rock and Roll remaining. Embrace what we have.
  • Options
    RobbyD462RobbyD462 Victoria BC Posts: 4,801
    Looks like Gary Clark Jr. Is the opener for Vancouver
    Now I gotta go!
    Royal Blood would be awesome too!
    -Seattle,Wash-Key Arena-9/21/9 -Vancouver,B.C-Rogers Arena-12/4/13 -Vancouver,BC-Rogers Arena-5/6/24
    -Seattle,Wash-Key Arena-9/22/9 -Pemberton,B.C-7/17/16
    -Vancouver,B.C-GM Place -9/25/9 -Seattle,Wash-Safeco Field-8/8/18
    -Vancouver,B.C-Pacific Coliseum-9/25/11 -Seattle,Wash-Safeco Field-8/10/18
    -Misoula,MT-Adams Field House-9/30/12 -Vancouver,BC-Rogers Arena-5/4/24

• Options
    SD48277SD48277 Woodstock, NY Posts: 12,243
    Just got an email about their Friday show at the Showbox. Wish I was in Seattle.
    ELITIST FUK
  • Options
    badbrainsbadbrains Posts: 10,255
    SD48277 said:

Just got an email about their Friday show at the Showbox. Wish I was in Seattle.

U gonna go to the citifield show? If u do, def have to meet up so I can give u a BIG HUG!
  • Options
    badbrains said:

SD48277 said:

U gonna go to the citifield show? If u do, def have to meet up so I can give u a BIG HUG!
    I'm still thinking about it, but I am also toying with going to the show in Atlanta--Gary Clark, Jr.
    ELITIST FUK
  • Options
    samjamsamjam New York Posts: 9,283
    Decided against the Michigan show, thinking Wrigley will be more than enough for us, and we need to save money.
    "Sometimes you find yourself having to put all your faith in no faith."
    ~not a dude~
    2010: MSGx2
    2012: Made In America
    2013: Pittsburgh, Brooklynx2, Hartford, Baltimore
    2014: Leeds, Milton Keynes, Detroit
    2015: Global Citizen Festival
    2016: Phillyx2, MSGx2, Fenwayx2
    2018: Barcelona, Wrigleyx2
  • Options
    rr165892rr165892 Posts: 5,697
    SD48277 said:

badbrains said:

SD48277 said:

I'm still thinking about it, but I am also toying with going to the show in Atlanta--Gary Clark, Jr.
    As the ATL show is closet to FL as of now(expecting more dates to be added).We are going up to Olympic Park in Oct.
  • Options
    MayDay10 said:

people are way too uptight on judging music and the "integrity" of the music. Lyrics don't need to be dark riddles or deeply veiled references to a number of things. Sometimes straight forward works just fine. The individual musicians in the Foos are top-notch. They are also deeply intertwined with "our" music history being direct descendants of Nirvana.

The music makes me feel good. Some songs and albums bring me back to various stages of my life. The time I saw them live kicked ass and probably ranks in the top 3 acts Ive seen.

There really isnt much good Arena Rock and Roll remaining. Embrace what we have.

I often think FF are today what Van Halen was in the late 70s early 80s.Lots of great rock radio cuts and smoking hot arena and stadium shows.
  • Options
    rr165892 said:

MayDay10 said:

I often think FF are today what Van Halen was in the late 70s early 80s.Lots of great rock radio cuts and smoking hot arena and stadium shows.
    You know, that's a great way of describing them bro, musically. Pretty good RR. Here's to hoping Gary Clark plays citi and u make it up to party!
  • Options
    badbrains said:

rr165892 said:

MayDay10 said:

You know, that's a great way of describing them bro, musically. Pretty good RR. Here's to hoping Gary Clark plays citi and u make it up to party!
    Ya never know.We have been known to be spontaneous like that and just fly on up and get our party on.
  • Options
    rr165892 said:

badbrains said:

rr165892 said:

MayDay10 said:

Ya never know.We have been known to be spontaneous like that and just fly on up and get our party on.
    I got an extra bedroom with queen size bed for you guys bro. And a queen size blow up if you bring the kids.
  • Options
    edited November 2014
    badbrains said:

rr165892 said:

badbrains said:

rr165892 said:

MayDay10 said:

I got an extra bedroom with queen size bed for you guys bro. And a queen size blow up if you bring the kids.
    Appreciate the awesome hospitality Nart. My kids are 23,21 and 19 all independent and we sure as hell try not to bring them with us on our Fun long weekends.None of them live at home Although my youngest is a big PJ and Foo fan and has come with us to a few shows.We stay Usually in the city at the Hilton Garden Inn north of Times Square by the Roseland and 3monkeys bar.I was born out on the Island and still have a lot of family in the city.My son played part of his college ball up there,so we would come up a few times a year.But he transferred to FSU 2 years ago,so now only to play.
    Now I can't let you get first round,that's on me pal.And if you come down to the tropics for a show or trip you let me know as we can also be gracious hosts.Peace BB
    Post edited by rr165892 on
  • Options
  • Options
    badbrains said:
    Yes, at the Showbox. They tweeted about it a few days ago, could only get tickets in person.
  • Options
    quasiquasi Posts: 492
    edited November 2014
    Just got back from the show. Matt Cameron was at the bar. Only $20 for tickets at the Showbox. First, they played the "Seattle" episode of "Sonic Highways" which premiered tonight on HBO and then played for 3 hours. Dave, Pat and Taylor signed my CD after soundcheck and I also got a gig specific poster and t-shirt. Wish all gigs were like this. A good night.
    Post edited by quasi on
    SEA 9/20/92, SEA 12/7/93, SEA 12/31/94 (MS), SEA 11/5/00, SEA 11/6/00, SEA 12/8/02, SEA 12/9/02, BEN 10/22/03, GOR 9/1/05, SD 7/7/06, LA 7/10/06, LA 7/12/06, LA (EV) 4/12/08, LA (EV) 4/13/08, LA 7/12/08, LA 9/30/09, LA 10/7/09, SEA 12/6/13, SEA 8/8/18
  • Options
    quasi said:

Just got back from the show. Matt Cameron was at the bar. Only $20 for tickets at the Showbox. First, they played the "Seattle" episode of "Sonic Highways" which premiered tonight on HBO and then played for 3 hours. Dave, Pat and Taylor signed by CD after soundcheck and I also got a gig specific poster and t-shirt. Wish all gigs were like this. A good night.

That's awesome! Lucky you!
    ELITIST FUK
  • Options
    quasi said:

Just got back from the show. Matt Cameron was at the bar. Only $20 for tickets at the Showbox. First, they played the "Seattle" episode of "Sonic Highways" which premiered tonight on HBO and then played for 3 hours. Dave, Pat and Taylor signed by CD after soundcheck and I also got a gig specific poster and t-shirt. Wish all gigs were like this. A good night.

That's flipping awesome..... I met DG after he played w/ QOTSA in '02..... Probably the coolest most down to earth rock star I've ever met.

That Showbox show sounds like an amazing experience.
  • Options
    nocode85nocode85 Posts: 133
    Hey all. Would anyone happen to have presale info for the tour they'd be willing to share? I signed up for the mailing list but I think I was too late. I've never seen them before and I just have to go!
    St. Louis '00, St. Louis '03, St. Louis '04, Chicago '06, LA '06, Chicago '07, D.C. '08, Chicago '09, St. Louis '10, East Troy '11(1), East Troy '11(2), Atlanta '12, Chicago '13, Oklahoma City '13, St. Louis '14, Moline '14, Milwaukee '14, Lexington '16, Chicago '16, Chicago '16
  • Options
    quasi said:

So cool! Love Matt, as, uh, some of you know :)
  • Options
    Yeah, great show. During a song break, Taylor Hawkins said that Matt Cameron texted him before the show to say, "I'm going to the show tonight to check you out!" and Taylor said something about having to worry about making sure he played his best in front of Matt, haha.

Also, all the members of Dave's pre-Nirvana band "Scream" were in the audience. Dave thought it was ironic that they would come all the way from Virginia to Seatte to see him. Butch Vig also made an appearance and made Dave play "Subterranean" from the new album which is the song about Seattle. Butch got mad at Dave for not putting in it on the set list since they were obviously in Seattle. They had never really played it live before but Dave said to Butch, "Okayyy Dad!" and had the band make an attempt which sounded perfect (to me). haha
    SEA 9/20/92, SEA 12/7/93, SEA 12/31/94 (MS), SEA 11/5/00, SEA 11/6/00, SEA 12/8/02, SEA 12/9/02, BEN 10/22/03, GOR 9/1/05, SD 7/7/06, LA 7/10/06, LA 7/12/06, LA (EV) 4/12/08, LA (EV) 4/13/08, LA 7/12/08, LA 9/30/09, LA 10/7/09, SEA 12/6/13, SEA 8/8/18
  • Options
    quasi said:

Yeah, great show. During a song break, Taylor Hawkins said that Matt Cameron texted him before the show to say, "I'm going to the show tonight to check you out!" and Taylor said something about having to worry about making sure he played his best in front of Matt, haha.

Also, all the members of Dave's pre-Nirvana band "Scream" were in the audience. Dave thought it was ironic that they would come all the way from Virginia to Seatte to see him. Butch Vig also made an appearance and made Dave play "Subterranean" from the new album which is the song about Seattle. Butch got mad at Dave for not putting in it on the set list since they were obviously in Seattle. They had never really played it live before but Dave said to Butch, "Okayyy Dad!" and had the band make an attempt which sounded perfect (to me). haha

"Rock stars, they are just like us. They text each other!" :D

Kinda silly that they weren't planning to play the Seattle song in Seattle, isn't it? I'm glad Butch took matters into his own hands.

Hoping to get one of these in New York, but not looking forward to attempting for tickets!
  • Options
    Yes, good luck! I'd bet that NY gets a show for sure. I think most of these small shows were announced on Wednesdays and they will probably not do online sales again so prep for that.
  • Options
    kasedougkasedoug The Golden State Posts: 2,909
    The NY show is Friday 12/5, same day as the Sonic Highways NYC episode.
  • Options
    kasedoug said:

What's the info on tix, I have a feeling that was a stupid question. But I'd def love to go to this show.
  • Options
    kasedougkasedoug The Golden State Posts: 2,909
    badbrains said:

kasedoug said:

What's the info on tix, I have a feeling that was a stupid question. But I'd def love to go to this show.
    No clue. Just know that it's Friday night in NYC as I was entering for Live Nation's Foo Fighters Flyaway (no luck) and the contest rules stated the show it was for was in NYC 12/5.

Ticketing info will come the week of the show, most likely Tues/Wed. These Sonic Highways club shows have been a mixture of online sales (Chicago, Nashville, New Orleans), in person buys at box office or record stores (DC and Seattle), and strictly win your way in (ACL and LA). I won my way in for LA via HBO social media. Look out for that chance a day or two before the show. ;)
  • Options
    Suziemay said:

quasi said:

So cool! Love Matt, as, uh, some of you know :)
    Yes, I know; I have the picture to prove it. :)
    ELITIST FUK