Options

***OFFICIAL FOO FIGHTERS THREAD***

Comments

• Options
    Newch91Newch91 Posts: 17,560
    Suziemay wrote:
    Newch91 wrote:

My god, she needs help. That's actually really sad.
    Yep. She's the one that always starts shit with Dave. He only responds to her.
    Shows: 6.27.08 Hartford, CT/5.15.10 Hartford, CT/6.18.2011 Hartford, CT (EV Solo)/10.19.13 Brooklyn/10.25.13 Hartford
    "Becoming a Bruce fan is like hitting puberty as a musical fan. It's inevitable." - dcfaithful
  • Options
    SuziemaySuziemay Posts: 11,165
    Tour shirts!!! http://store.foofighters.com/collections/tour?page=1

I had no idea they were putting these onlines. Since Newark and Boston are there (but NYC is not) I can only imagine they have been there for awhile, BEFORE the shows. Oh well. There are a bunch of cities left, mens and womens in case folks wanted to get a shirt.
  • Options
    Suziemay wrote:

I had no idea they were putting these onlines. Since Newark and Boston are there (but NYC is not) I can only imagine they have been there for awhile, BEFORE the shows. Oh well. There are a bunch of cities left, mens and womens in case folks wanted to get a shirt.
    Good find.
    Shows: 6.27.08 Hartford, CT/5.15.10 Hartford, CT/6.18.2011 Hartford, CT (EV Solo)/10.19.13 Brooklyn/10.25.13 Hartford
    "Becoming a Bruce fan is like hitting puberty as a musical fan. It's inevitable." - dcfaithful
  • Options
    GrandmaGrandma Posts: 259
    Newch91 wrote:
    Suziemay wrote:

Good find.
    Thank you! I was regretting not buying myself one. Got it! And the stickers are 1/2 the price they were at the show.
  • Options
    GrandmaGrandma Posts: 259
    They're on Letterman tonight (11/15) - with Joan Jett.
  • Options
    Grandma wrote:

Cool! Thanks for the heads up.

Anyone at yesterday's Newark show? Curious how it was since I was supposed to go and then didn't. :mrgreen:
  • Options
    Suziemay wrote:
    Grandma wrote:

Anyone at yesterday's Newark show? Curious how it was since I was supposed to go and then didn't. :mrgreen:

I was on the floor they put on a great show, crowd was a bit lame but thats New Jersey for you :lol:
  • Options
    Suziemay wrote:
    Grandma wrote:

I was on the floor they put on a great show, crowd was a bit lame but thats New Jersey for you :lol:

Aw that's a shame. Crowd at the IZOD show was awesome, so I don't think it's a NJ thing. Maybe everyone was tired from MSG the night before :D
  • Options
    rick1zoo2rick1zoo2 between a rock and a dumb place Posts: 12,632
    Suziemay wrote:
    Grandma wrote:

you didn't go?!? welcome to the club. what did you do with the tickets?
  • Options
    rick1zoo2 wrote:

Gave them away here :mrgreen: I saw that you sold your MSG tickets on the Foo board. I didn't have the energy, my buddy canceled last minute and I was already so darn tired that I just wanted to make sure the seats got used...
  • Options
    rick1zoo2rick1zoo2 between a rock and a dumb place Posts: 12,632
    Suziemay wrote:
    rick1zoo2 wrote:

Gave them away here :mrgreen: I saw that you sold your MSG tickets on the Foo board. I didn't have the energy, my buddy canceled last minute and I was already so darn tired that I just wanted to make sure the seats got used...

ugh, glad someone was able to use them. and yeah, me selling those was just unbelievably lucky as I am about 125 miles from NYC and someone close enough to me bought them.
  • Options
    JenfarrJenfarr Posts: 638
    Suziemay wrote:

Oh man, I paid $45 for the grey hoodie at the MSG show and it is $34.99 on the site. So unless shipping is $10 (which I doubt), I got ripped off! Bah!
    "McCready played on, lending credence to the theory that he was actually built in Stone’s basement from spare truck parts and vinyl records." - Glide Mag. review of MSG 7/8/03
  • Options
    eeriepadaveeeriepadave West Chester, PA Posts: 40,921
    some pics i took from the Philly show:

Social D
    067-2.jpg?t=1321058359
    068-2.jpg?t=1321058335

and the foos:
    071-3.jpg?t=1321058422
    080-2.jpg?t=1321058481
    084-2.jpg?t=1321058511
    085-2.jpg?t=1321058531
    091-1.jpg?t=1321058567
    097-1.jpg?t=1321058596
    101.jpg?t=1321058622
    108.jpg?t=1321058649
    109.jpg?t=1321058698
    115.jpg?t=1321058879
    117.jpg?t=1321058728
    118.jpg?t=1321058800

and the rest
    http://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set= ... 733&type=3
    bf959b1f-9b77-457c-baf8-038776f33339_zps8a6a389d.jpg?t=1365722973
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
    Tres Mts.- 3/23/11- Philly
    Eddie Vedder- 6/25/11- Philly
  • Options
    She'll do/say anything for attention.

http://www.spin.com/articles/courtney-l ... infacebook
  • Options
    Just got back from the show. Excellent show. Dave is the pure definition of rock star. Great stage presence. My only gripe was with how they jammed out almost every song. But I had a great time so I won't complain! :)
    I will be what i could be
    Once I get out of this town

9/29/04;6/27/08;6/30/08;8/23/09;08/24/09;5/17/10
  • Options
    Was at last night's show. I brought my 8 year old son - his 1st concert. Great show - Dave is definitely a showman. Very entertaining. My son loved it.

I never cared for Wheels...until Dave did it solo acoustic last night w/ a crowd sing along. Surprisingly that was the standout for me last night.
  • Options
    Champagne BreakfastChampagne Breakfast Posts: 1,526
    edited November 2011
    Just got back from the show. Excellent show. Dave is the pure definition of rock star. Great stage presence. My only gripe was with how they jammed out almost every song. But I had a great time so I won't complain! :)
    Totally agree. Thought the same thing. Did almost every song need to be a 10 min jam? Could've thrown in a few others to play instead. However, anything the Foo's do not particularly favorable is totally made up for by Grohl. The most charismatic musician i've ever seen. Overall, was an amazing Rock show!
    Post edited by Champagne Breakfast on
    PJ - 36
    EV - 5
    (**Letterman'02, Irving Plaza, Storytellers, Beacon, ACL, Spectrum 3&4, Bridge School '10**)

"Constant recoil,..sometimes life don't leave you alone."
    Let's connect on twitter - @Jeffgorra
  • Options
    jmurrayjmurray Stratham, NH Posts: 3,538
    Last night was my first Foos show and I had a great. Where does that energy come from? :o
  • Options
    HeisenbergHeisenberg Los Pollos Hermanos Posts: 4,957
  • Options
    KathiKathi Posts: 1,828
    Hub. wrote:
    Crown Royal. :mrgreen:

hah. indeed. :mrgreen:

I personally enjoy the jams. I think they could mix them up a little (just like the setlists) though.
  • Options
    Took my daughters to the MSG show and they were bummed when I put the midnight travel curfew on them... we live way upstate (about 4 hours) so we missed the last two songs. regardless -- what a rock show! The Foos raw energy shook the Garden for 2/3 of the show. Normally you get that a couple of times per show at MSG when you see PJ or Bruce... but, at least where we were sitting, your felt earthquake sensation for most of the show. Wow.

Great rock show. Period.

Worth the money wherever. :D
  • Options
    samjamsamjam New York Posts: 9,283
    Already thinking about the next time I get the privilege of seeing the Foos live, still thinking about the DC show and how much fun I had! :)
    "Sometimes you find yourself having to put all your faith in no faith."
    ~not a dude~
    2010: MSGx2
    2012: Made In America
    2013: Pittsburgh, Brooklynx2, Hartford, Baltimore
    2014: Leeds, Milton Keynes, Detroit
    2015: Global Citizen Festival
    2016: Phillyx2, MSGx2, Fenwayx2
    2018: Barcelona, Wrigleyx2
  • Options
    afroannnieafroannnie Posts: 12,995
    samjam wrote:
    Already thinking about the next time I get the privilege of seeing the Foos live, still thinking about the DC show and how much fun I had! :)

Dave promised us he'd come back to the 9:30 club :D;)
    Show #13 was a lucky one for me....
  • Options
    afroannnie wrote:
    samjam wrote:

This is true!! :) I hope they come through on this promise!!
    ~not a dude~
  • Options
    afroannnieafroannnie Posts: 12,995
    samjam wrote:
    afroannnie wrote:
    samjam wrote:

Sign up for the 9:30's newsletter/mailing list if you haven't yet...if he keeps his promise, they should have a pre-sale password that they'll send through the mailing list :D
    Show #13 was a lucky one for me....
  • Options
    afroannnie wrote:
    samjam wrote:

Sign up for the 9:30's newsletter/mailing list if you haven't yet...if he keeps his promise, they should have a pre-sale password that they'll send through the mailing list :D

Yep, I'm signed up! Hopefully if they decide to do this 9:30 show it'll be during when I'm down in the area!
    ~not a dude~
  • Options
    PJ88PJ88 Birthplace of the Toll House Cookie Posts: 1,074
    Soundstagedirect.com has all of the Foo Fighters re-issued LP's on sale now. Just placed my order. Sure happy I held off and waited to purchase the re-issues because original Foo vinyl is as expensive as original Pearl Jam vinyl. Go get them while they are still in stock!
  • Options
    Of The AggieOf The Aggie The ATX Posts: 1,494
    Amazon has dropped their prices on the vinyl reissues from what I originally ordered them for a month ago. I think it's knocked about $18 off my order since then.