Options

***OFFICIAL FOO FIGHTERS THREAD***

Comments

• Options
    Empty GlassEmpty Glass In Rob's shed Posts: 12,329
    Anyone know how limited the view is behind the stage? Better question, what's the stage set-up? Can you see from behind the stage?
    I've met Rob

DEGENERATE FUK

This place is dead

"THERE ARE NO CLIQUES, ONLY THOSE WHO DON'T JOIN THE FUN" - Empty circa 2015

"Kfsbho&$thncds" - F Me In the Brain - circa 2015
  • Options
    Anyone know how limited the view is behind the stage? Better question, what's the stage set-up? Can you see from behind the stage?

Nevermind, I bought them anyway. I'm in the building and have never seen them before. Still should be fun. :D
    I've met Rob

DEGENERATE FUK

This place is dead

• Options
    SuziemaySuziemay Posts: 11,165

Nevermind, I bought them anyway. I'm in the building and have never seen them before. Still should be fun. :D

Which building are you in?
  • Options
    Suziemay,

Verizon Center - DC
    I've met Rob

DEGENERATE FUK

This place is dead

• Options
    Suziemay,

Verizon Center - DC

Neat! Was hoping it wasn't Prudential Center because there were some awesome seats showing up on TM this morning :D
  • Options
    Suziemay wrote:
    Suziemay,

Verizon Center - DC

Neat! Was hoping it wasn't Prudential Center because there were some awesome seats showing up on TM this morning :D

:lol:

Sent you a pm instead of quoting your post :oops:
    I've met Rob

DEGENERATE FUK

This place is dead

• Options
    KathiKathi Posts: 1,828
    nice to see my two favorite bands have the same fans ;)

if you can get tickets, do go see the Foos play live..they are amazing! I've seen them a lot this year, and there's not too much setlist variation, but the energy is great and they're a lot of fun!
  • Options
    Kathi wrote:

if you can get tickets, do go see the Foos play live..they are amazing! I've seen them a lot this year, and there's not too much setlist variation, but the energy is great and they're a lot of fun!

Have you seen them back to back? I'm seeing them 2 nights in a row, and already saw them in September. I know they don't vary their setlist much but I'm hoping it will still be awesome!
  • Options
    Suziemay wrote:
    Kathi wrote:

Have you seen them back to back? I'm seeing them 2 nights in a row, and already saw them in September. I know they don't vary their setlist much but I'm hoping it will still be awesome!

Yup, a few times actually...did you see them in East Rutherford in September? :) Their setlists are very similar, if not identical (though they might have interesting guests sometimes), and I wish they'd mix it up a bit more, but it didn't spoil any of the live experiences for me. I enjoyed it very much every time I've seen them play.
    Oh, and the US definitely gets better FF setlists than Europe. The shows are longer, leaving more room for songs from the new record or covers.
  • Options
    Kathi wrote:
    Suziemay wrote:
    Kathi wrote:

Yup, a few times actually...did you see them in East Rutherford in September? :) Their setlists are very similar, if not identical (though they might have interesting guests sometimes), and I wish they'd mix it up a bit more, but it didn't spoil any of the live experiences for me. I enjoyed it very much every time I've seen them play.
    Oh, and the US definitely gets better FF setlists than Europe. The shows are longer, leaving more room for songs from the new record or covers.

Yeah! I was at the IZOD East Rutherford show, purely by chance. Probably one of the best concerts I have ever been to. I would go as far as to say top 5 including PJ shows :shock: They played almost 3 hours, I can't believe how much energy Dave and Taylor have. Unbelievable. Love Pat Smear too but I couldn't really see him from where I was sitting.
  • Options
    Suziemay wrote:

Yeah! I was at the IZOD East Rutherford show, purely by chance. Probably one of the best concerts I have ever been to. I would go as far as to say top 5 including PJ shows :shock: They played almost 3 hours, I can't believe how much energy Dave and Taylor have. Unbelievable. Love Pat Smear too but I couldn't really see him from where I was sitting.

I went to that show too, it was my first time seeing them in the US...very special mood, and Dave seemed to truly enjoy it too, talking about how he's made it now that people are tailgating at his shows. :D Definitely in my top shows list as well...but I've not seen PJ yet. :oops:
  • Options
    Kathi wrote:
    Suziemay wrote:

I went to that show too, it was my first time seeing them in the US...very special mood, and Dave seemed to truly enjoy it too, talking about how he's made it now that people are tailgating at his shows. :D Definitely in my top shows list as well...but I've not seen PJ yet. :oops:

Wow, you're in for a real treat then! As good as that Foo show was, PJ shows are just on a different level altogether, so go see them next time they tour near you! Or even if they are not near you :lol::lol:
  • Options
    Suziemay wrote:
    Kathi wrote:
    Suziemay wrote:

Wow, you're in for a real treat then! As good as that Foo show was, PJ shows are just on a different level altogether, so go see them next time they tour near you! Or even if they are not near you :lol::lol:

Haha I will, I've so much fallen in love with the whole travelling for concerts experience this year! Once they appear anywhere on this side of the atlantic ocean, I'm there. :D
  • Options
    LloydXmasLloydXmas Posts: 7,539
    Just got my electricity back today and 12 days till Boston!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Fuck CL&P
  • Options
    I have 2 tickets for the Nov 14th show at the Prudential Center in Newark,
    Sec 2,straight across from the stage right above GA. I can't go- but I'll be at MSG the night
    before. Obviously face value only - $60 each
    Send me a PM if you're interested.
  • Options
    samjamsamjam New York Posts: 9,283
    So at halftime at our football game today (UMD), our marching band played both Walk and Bridge Burning. Never thought I'd hear that! Actually Bridge Burning wasn't half bad!

I'm sure that on Friday the Foos might sound just a liiiiittle bit better than the Mighty Sound of Maryland :lol:
    "Sometimes you find yourself having to put all your faith in no faith."
    ~not a dude~
    2010: MSGx2
    2012: Made In America
    2013: Pittsburgh, Brooklynx2, Hartford, Baltimore
    2014: Leeds, Milton Keynes, Detroit
    2015: Global Citizen Festival
    2016: Phillyx2, MSGx2, Fenwayx2
    2018: Barcelona, Wrigleyx2
  • Options
    Less than 48 hrs till their ATL show!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    "Then the Spirit of God hovered over the water, and God said, Let there be music, and there was Pearl Jam."

Whose idea was it for the word "Lisp" to have an "S" in it?
  • Options
    eeriepadaveeeriepadave West Chester, PA Posts: 40,872
    philly show on Thurs. :mrgreen:

anyone else going?
    bf959b1f-9b77-457c-baf8-038776f33339_zps8a6a389d.jpg?t=1365722973
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
    Tres Mts.- 3/23/11- Philly
    Eddie Vedder- 6/25/11- Philly
  • Options
    Johnny AbruzzoJohnny Abruzzo Philly Posts: 10,424

anyone else going?

Yup.
    Spectrum 10/27/09; New Orleans JazzFest 5/1/10; Made in America 9/2/12; WF Center 10/21/13;
    WF Center 10/22/13; Baltimore Arena 10/27/13; WF Center 4/28/16; WF Center 4/29/16;
    Fenway Park 8/7/16; Fenway Park 9/2/18; SeaHearNow Asbury Park 9/18/21; Camden 9/14/22

Tres Mtns - TLA 3/23/11; EV - Tower Theatre 6/25/11; Temple of the Dog - Tower Theatre 11/5/16
  • Options
    Did the setlists start getting shorter? :(
    Spectrum 10/27/09; New Orleans JazzFest 5/1/10; Made in America 9/2/12; WF Center 10/21/13;
    WF Center 10/22/13; Baltimore Arena 10/27/13; WF Center 4/28/16; WF Center 4/29/16;
    Fenway Park 8/7/16; Fenway Park 9/2/18; SeaHearNow Asbury Park 9/18/21; Camden 9/14/22

Tres Mtns - TLA 3/23/11; EV - Tower Theatre 6/25/11; Temple of the Dog - Tower Theatre 11/5/16
  • Options

I took a look at the last few and looks like they were 23-24 songs. The 9/26 East Rutherford show was 25 songs but lasted close to 3 hours so I'm thinking they are still playing close to 2.5 hours which is a long time!

Sooooooooooooooooo excited!! :D:D:D
  • Options
    Suziemay wrote:

I took a look at the last few and looks like they were 23-24 songs. The 9/26 East Rutherford show was 25 songs but lasted close to 3 hours so I'm thinking they are still playing close to 2.5 hours which is a long time!

Sooooooooooooooooo excited!! :D:D:D
    yeah the show at the IZOD Center was great.

Selling a GA ticket to the Newark show on Nov. 14 if anyone is interested pm me.
    MSG II 5/21/10
    Tres Mts. Gramercy Theatre 3/26/11
    *formerly manutd3581
  • Options
    rick1zoo2rick1zoo2 between a rock and a dumb place Posts: 12,632

anyone else going?

Yup.

we will be there in GA, taking two of my sons and my girlfriend.
  • Options

When I saw them last May they were doing 29 songs...definitely shorter sets now.
  • Options
    rick1zoo2 wrote:

anyone else going?

Yup.

Cool. We are in 111, Row 6. Had to get actual seats because my wife is almost 7 months pregnant. I think they're pretty good seats. 8-)

• Options
    rick1zoo2rick1zoo2 between a rock and a dumb place Posts: 12,632
    Attention ticket holder!

We just learned that your upcoming event has a new time:

Foo Fighters
    Madison Square Garden
    Original Time: Sunday, November 13 at 8PM
    New time: 7:30PM with the doors opening at 6:30pm!

We apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused.

Your original tickets are still good – we hope you enjoy the event!

Questions? Just hit reply and ask us or visit Ticketmaster.com!

Thanks for being a fan!

Ticketmaster Fan Support
  • Options
    eeriepadaveeeriepadave West Chester, PA Posts: 40,872
    rick1zoo2 wrote:

anyone else going?

Yup.

i'm in section 105 row 1 seat 1. Going by myself but might meet some friends there. If anyone wants to meet up beforehand let me know. Can't wait! :D
    bf959b1f-9b77-457c-baf8-038776f33339_zps8a6a389d.jpg?t=1365722973
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
    Tres Mts.- 3/23/11- Philly
    Eddie Vedder- 6/25/11- Philly
  • Options
    [/quote]

i'm in section 105 row 1 seat 1. Going by myself but might meet some friends there. If anyone wants to meet up beforehand let me know. Can't wait! :D[/quote]
    That is a pretty good seat. I've seen these guys twice over the years and I'm thinking of heading down there myself solo, the setlist looks great. If anyone has an extra for philly I'll pay face and a beer on me.
    we were but stones, your light made us stars
  • Options
    Newch91Newch91 Posts: 17,560
    Shows: 6.27.08 Hartford, CT/5.15.10 Hartford, CT/6.18.2011 Hartford, CT (EV Solo)/10.19.13 Brooklyn/10.25.13 Hartford
    "Becoming a Bruce fan is like hitting puberty as a musical fan. It's inevitable." - dcfaithful