Options

***OFFICIAL FOO FIGHTERS THREAD***

Comments

• Options
    samjamsamjam New York Posts: 9,283
    Suziemay wrote:
    phungi wrote:
    for me, the highlight was Bob Mould coming on stage and playing "Dear Rosemary"... a real treat for a long-time Husker Dü and Mould fan.

:shock: I would LOVE if Bob Mould came on to sing Rosemary at MSG... I personally think the song sounds a bit off without him.

I hope he follows them to DC tonight!! That would be absolutely UNREAL!
    "Sometimes you find yourself having to put all your faith in no faith."
    ~not a dude~
    2010: MSGx2
    2012: Made In America
    2013: Pittsburgh, Brooklynx2, Hartford, Baltimore
    2014: Leeds, Milton Keynes, Detroit
    2015: Global Citizen Festival
    2016: Phillyx2, MSGx2, Fenwayx2
    2018: Barcelona, Wrigleyx2
  • Options
    rick1zoo2rick1zoo2 between a rock and a dumb place Posts: 12,632
    phungi wrote:
    also, WEAR EAR PLUGS! The sound is crazy-loud... the mic and instruments are mixed SO loud that you cannot hear the crowd singing unless they stop playing... trust me on this... get a box of earplugs for $3-4 at a CVS or Walgreens and bring them with you... the people around you will appreciate it...

not a bad idea. It was extremely loud, I think the loudest show I have ever been to. they must have had it turned up to 11
  • Options
    SuziemaySuziemay Posts: 11,165
    rick1zoo2 wrote:
    phungi wrote:
    also, WEAR EAR PLUGS! The sound is crazy-loud... the mic and instruments are mixed SO loud that you cannot hear the crowd singing unless they stop playing... trust me on this... get a box of earplugs for $3-4 at a CVS or Walgreens and bring them with you... the people around you will appreciate it...

not a bad idea. It was extremely loud, I think the loudest show I have ever been to. they must have had it turned up to 11

Louder than Soundgarden? Or the Foo IZOD show? Of course I'm assuming folks were at both :D
  • Options
    rick1zoo2rick1zoo2 between a rock and a dumb place Posts: 12,632
    Suziemay wrote:
    rick1zoo2 wrote:
    phungi wrote:

Louder than Soundgarden? Or the Foo IZOD show? Of course I'm assuming folks were at both :D

I was at neither of those (except if you mean Foo Izod from 2008 - then yes it was louder than that). I have been to many heavy metal shows in the past, my previous loudest was Motorhead at the Tower theater back in the 80's, where one of my friends had to bail midway through the show from it being so loud. It was so loud last night, it was almost physically overwhelming - the sound waves just pounded on my whole body, I started feeling naseous. After being on the rail for most of it, I could tell that my youngest son was minding it and we took a bathroom break for Monkeywrench. We came back and watched the rest of the show from the very back. My ears are still ringing.
  • Options
    Johnny AbruzzoJohnny Abruzzo Philly Posts: 10,380
    phungi wrote:
    was at the Philly show last night... Grohl is an animal - unbelievable energy for nearly 3 hours... running all over the place... at times I thought his schtick was almost over the top, as in ever moment was going to be the hardest rocking moment ever, but they pulled off an amazing show... Walk was great and is definitely an "anthem" song...

for me, the highlight was Bob Mould coming on stage and playing "Dear Rosemary"... a real treat for a long-time Husker Dü and Mould fan.

I love the loudness. I don't think that was the loudest show I've been to this year. TV on the Radio and Queens of the Stone Age, each at the Electric Factory, might have beaten them. Little ringing in the ears today. IT'S WORTH IT! :lol: (yea, I actually have a son - scary, huh? (don't worry, I will hypocritically make him protect his hearing as long as I can))
    Spectrum 10/27/09; New Orleans JazzFest 5/1/10; Made in America 9/2/12; WF Center 10/21/13;
    WF Center 10/22/13; Baltimore Arena 10/27/13; WF Center 4/28/16; WF Center 4/29/16;
    Fenway Park 8/7/16; Fenway Park 9/2/18; SeaHearNow Asbury Park 9/18/21; Camden 9/14/22

Tres Mtns - TLA 3/23/11; EV - Tower Theatre 6/25/11; Temple of the Dog - Tower Theatre 11/5/16
  • Options
    rick1zoo2 wrote:
    Suziemay wrote:

I was at neither of those (except if you mean Foo Izod from 2008 - then yes it was louder than that). I have been to many heavy metal shows in the past, my previous loudest was Motorhead at the Tower theater back in the 80's, where one of my friends had to bail midway through the show from it being so loud. It was so loud last night, it was almost physically overwhelming - the sound waves just pounded on my whole body, I started feeling naseous. After being on the rail for most of it, I could tell that my youngest son was minding it and we took a bathroom break for Monkeywrench. We came back and watched the rest of the show from the very back. My ears are still ringing.

Omigod. That sounds loud. I've never worn ear plugs but it sounds like I might need to start.
  • Options
    LloydXmasLloydXmas Posts: 7,539
    What?
  • Options
    What?

Smart ass :lol::lol::lol:
  • Options
    Awesome show last night and I'm happy I waited till last minute to go. I got 4 close side stage seats for less than 100 bucks.

This is my third time seeing these guys, in 2003 & in 2008 and this blew both of those shows away. How great of a musician is Grohl? It amazed me that his voice carried the whole night after 2 and 1/2 hours of screaming. Electric Factory will be something.
    we were but stones, your light made us stars
  • Options
    What?

Who said that? Grace. She passed away 30 years ago.
    Spectrum 10/27/09; New Orleans JazzFest 5/1/10; Made in America 9/2/12; WF Center 10/21/13;
    WF Center 10/22/13; Baltimore Arena 10/27/13; WF Center 4/28/16; WF Center 4/29/16;
    Fenway Park 8/7/16; Fenway Park 9/2/18; SeaHearNow Asbury Park 9/18/21; Camden 9/14/22

Tres Mtns - TLA 3/23/11; EV - Tower Theatre 6/25/11; Temple of the Dog - Tower Theatre 11/5/16
  • Options
    eeriepadaveeeriepadave West Chester, PA Posts: 40,845
    Edrock78 wrote:
    I was there last night. It was great and extremely loud. Here's my video of In the Flesh.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=edXh42IS ... ata_player

nice vid. here are mine:

My Hero
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5xbFe1Pka9M

Stacked Actors
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QCHUaCCChFY

This Is A Call
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=357uKxTnxNI

Everlong
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4-1GoCgxlqU

Burning Bridge
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6s-z4_v6qGE

White Limo
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fHDuNR8VbOQ

short clip of Best Of You
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ljoezrVRoio

and Social D doing Ring Of Fire
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xBFvw9QngKM

I think i need a new camera. My digital camera's audio is horrible (sounds distorted on loud songs). My iphone takes good audio and ok video. Maybe i need an HD camera :think:
    bf959b1f-9b77-457c-baf8-038776f33339_zps8a6a389d.jpg?t=1365722973
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
    Tres Mts.- 3/23/11- Philly
    Eddie Vedder- 6/25/11- Philly
  • Options
    Awesome show last night and I'm happy I waited till last minute to go. I got 4 close side stage seats for less than 100 bucks.

This is my third time seeing these guys, in 2003 & in 2008 and this blew both of those shows away. How great of a musician is Grohl? It amazed me that his voice carried the whole night after 2 and 1/2 hours of screaming. Electric Factory will be something.

they seem to amaze everytime.

I think this was my 5th show

first time i saw them was in '98 at the Electric Factory
    then '99 at the y100 Feastival (w/Beck, Oasis and a few others)
    then in 2000 with RHCP in Camden, NJ
    then w/ Weezer in '05 in philly (wells fargo/wachovia)
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
  • Options
    Are there any tour posters?
  • Options
    Are there any tour posters?

good question. I passed the merch booth, but didn't really take a good look. Just saw some t's and hoodies.
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
  • Options
    Ohhh mann that show FUCKING KICKED ASS! Was 3 hours long, all band members on fire and in great spirits, Dave sounded AMAZING, and oh- Bob Fucking Mould came out for Dear Rosemary and Tom Petty's Breakdown!! A better review to come tomorrow cause I'm pretty tired now! :D
    ~not a dude~
  • Options
    samjam wrote:
    Ohhh mann that show FUCKING KICKED ASS! Was 3 hours long, all band members on fire and in great spirits, Dave sounded AMAZING, and oh- Bob Fucking Mould came out for Dear Rosemary and Tom Petty's Breakdown!! A better review to come tomorrow cause I'm pretty tired now! :D

Woww!!! Can't wait until MSG tomorrow!
  • Options
    GODDAMN I wish I could do yesterday night a million times over!! What an incredible show, definitely one of the best I have ever been to! Dave & co kicked all our asses for 3 whole hours last night! Amazed that Dave's voice held up so well throughout! Great stories and banter, everyone in great spirits, Dave was certainly glad to be back in his hometown. Also was in love with the whole nightvision camera encore break thing with Dave and Taylor- that was hilarious! Had great seats in section 100, awesome because it was close to both the stage and the platform Dave sang at when he did Wheels, Best of You and 1/2 of Times Like These! Hard to boil it down to highlights because the whole damn show was one big highlight! Had a HUGE smile on my face the whole time and had fun jumping around and rocking out! Oh- also the fact that Bob Mould came out!!!! Fucking amazing!! Such a legend and it was awesome to hear him sing his part on Dear Rosemary, he sounded great. Actually that whole song live was really really impressive, the band was super tight on that one in particular! Best of You solo acoustic was also a highlight. That song has a lot of meaning to me and I love the full band version but there was something really special about hearing that solo acoustic, that hit me pretty hard. Stacked Actors was another highlight, it was something around 15 minutes long and ended with that awesome guitar duel between Dave & Chris! Breakout, All My Life, Learn to Fly, the cover of In The Flesh (the lights were awesome!), Wheels, and Times Like These Dave solo into full band were the other big highlights!
    Shows like that are EXACTLY the reason I love live music so much. It was so freeing, beautiful, powerful, fun and KICK ASS! Those boys really know how to put on a show, I couldn't have asked for anything more (welll....Generator and Long Road to Ruin :lol::mrgreen: ). But really, just a perfect evening. I will definitely be seeing the Foos again! SOOOO tempted to take a bus to NYC to see the Foos in my hometown venue (only appropriate, right? I saw Dave in his hometown venue so now I should return the favor and see the Foos in MY hometown venue?! :lol:)
    ~not a dude~
  • Options
    afroannnieafroannnie Posts: 12,995
    Suziemay wrote:
    samjam wrote:

Woww!!! Can't wait until MSG tomorrow!

You're in for a treat! Enjoy the show!! :D
    Show #13 was a lucky one for me....
  • Options
    samjam wrote:
    GODDAMN I wish I could do yesterday night a million times over!! What an incredible show, definitely one of the best I have ever been to! Dave & co kicked all our asses for 3 whole hours last night! Amazed that Dave's voice held up so well throughout! Great stories and banter, everyone in great spirits, Dave was certainly glad to be back in his hometown. Also was in love with the whole nightvision camera encore break thing with Dave and Taylor- that was hilarious! Had great seats in section 100, awesome because it was close to both the stage and the platform Dave sang at when he did Wheels, Best of You and 1/2 of Times Like These! Hard to boil it down to highlights because the whole damn show was one big highlight! Had a HUGE smile on my face the whole time and had fun jumping around and rocking out! Oh- also the fact that Bob Mould came out!!!! Fucking amazing!! Such a legend and it was awesome to hear him sing his part on Dear Rosemary, he sounded great. Actually that whole song live was really really impressive, the band was super tight on that one in particular! Best of You solo acoustic was also a highlight. That song has a lot of meaning to me and I love the full band version but there was something really special about hearing that solo acoustic, that hit me pretty hard. Stacked Actors was another highlight, it was something around 15 minutes long and ended with that awesome guitar duel between Dave & Chris! Breakout, All My Life, Learn to Fly, the cover of In The Flesh (the lights were awesome!), Wheels, and Times Like These Dave solo into full band were the other big highlights!
    Shows like that are EXACTLY the reason I love live music so much. It was so freeing, beautiful, powerful, fun and KICK ASS! Those boys really know how to put on a show, I couldn't have asked for anything more (welll....Generator and Long Road to Ruin :lol::mrgreen: ). But really, just a perfect evening. I will definitely be seeing the Foos again! SOOOO tempted to take a bus to NYC to see the Foos in my hometown venue (only appropriate, right? I saw Dave in his hometown venue so now I should return the favor and see the Foos in MY hometown venue?! :lol:)

:clap::clap: Great show! Can't wait until they come back to the 9:30 club ;)
  • Options
    red mosred mos Posts: 4,953
    I hope they play a few TX dates next year. 8-) seen them 3x and it's always a great show. This last record is awesome and they are playing a longer set now too. Hopefully they come see us.
    PJ: 10/14/00 06/09/03 10/4/09 11/15/13 11/16/13 10/08/14
    EV Solo: 7/11/11 11/12/12 11/13/12
  • Options
    SELLING GA TICKET TO TOMORROWS SHOW IN NEWARK FOR ONLY $65 MESSAGE ME IF INTERESTED
    MSG II 5/21/10
    Tres Mts. Gramercy Theatre 3/26/11
    *formerly manutd3581
  • Options
    Of The AggieOf The Aggie The ATX Posts: 1,492
    I haven't seen them live yet, but I've watched their concert DVDs and I have to say I just don't like the jam sessions. Especially Stacked Actors. That's one of my favorite songs and to drag it out for 15 minutes is just too much. I don't think of Foo Fighters as a jam band and the ones they do during the same few songs are somewhat boring. I want them to play more songs. They could play two more songs in the time it takes to drag out Stacked Actors. How about Stranger Things Have Happened, Come Alive, DOA, Oh George, Good Grief, Disenchanted Lullaby, or Come Back?
  • Options
    I haven't seen them live yet, but I've watched their concert DVDs and I have to say I just don't like the jam sessions. Especially Stacked Actors. That's one of my favorite songs and to drag it out for 15 minutes is just too much. I don't think of Foo Fighters as a jam band and the ones they do during the same few songs are somewhat boring. I want them to play more songs. They could play two more songs in the time it takes to drag out Stacked Actors. How about Stranger Things Have Happened, Come Alive, DOA, Oh George, Good Grief, Disenchanted Lullaby, or Come Back?

I think it's torture they way they drag out every song, esp Stacked Actors. Seems like Dave has watched too many Led Zep concert DVD's lately. :lol:

Stranger Things Have Happened or Come Back would be killer. But they aren't delivering deep tracks to old fart fans like us. They are playing greatest hits. Show is still killer though, despite all these complaints. 8-)

• Options
    Anyone know when social d or any other supporting acts come on? I know my buddy I'm going with will want to see Sd but I want to head over to the harpoon brewery for some beer sampling before the show.
  • Options
    Anyone know when social d or any other supporting acts come on? I know my buddy I'm going with will want to see Sd but I want to head over to the harpoon brewery for some beer sampling before the show.

It was about 8 I think. Maybe earlier. Joy Formidable came on before 7 in Philly and were worth getting there early for.

• Options

It was about 8 I think. Maybe earlier. Joy Formidable came on before 7 in Philly and were worth getting there early for.

Same times in DC. And I agree the Joy is worth seeing.
  • Options
    Newch91Newch91 Posts: 17,560
    Shows: 6.27.08 Hartford, CT/5.15.10 Hartford, CT/6.18.2011 Hartford, CT (EV Solo)/10.19.13 Brooklyn/10.25.13 Hartford
    "Becoming a Bruce fan is like hitting puberty as a musical fan. It's inevitable." - dcfaithful
  • Options
    KathiKathi Posts: 1,828
    Newch91 wrote:

yup. since her "talent" doesn't get her any attention, she has to come up with stuff like this.
  • Options
    Newch91 wrote:

My god, she needs help. That's actually really sad.