Options

Project #7 - Static Echoes: Yield Live

15678911»

Comments

• Options
    Static Echoes: Yield Live

YLCover3.jpg

http://dp-rearviewmirror.blogspot.com/2 ... -live.html

Yield is one of Pearl Jam's best loved albums, and we hope we have come up with a collection which will please Yield lovers, and keep the momentum going as we work through the studio albums 'live' with these projects. With Static Echoes: Yield Live, we had to depart from our formula of featuring performances mostly drawn from Soundboard sources. There are relatively few pure soundboard recordings from the 98 tour – and so instead we drew quite heavily on some of the excellent audience boots that are circulating, and those from a hybrid of mono soundboard feeds and audience recording. This gives a different feel and listening experience from the Soundboard projects, and a nice flavour of the 'good old days' of lapping up audience recorded tapes and unofficial bootlegs of the band.

We are very pleased with the results – with a grittier sound, and nice versions of key tracks which hopefully give a flavour of the era, the tour, and also show different sides to some of the songs on the album. Balancing and selecting the different audience sources next to each other was a challenge in itself, with a smaller pool to choose from after our last project, from the Binaural tour, where we were spoilt by having the official boots to choose from.

Yield live sounds great, and is often easy to forget you aren't listening to Soundboard recordings (The only Yield tracks that don't include audience sources are Brain of J and Faithfull)

The collection finishes with bonus tracks: - a sweet 'Improv', and Leatherman, and closes with Fuckin' Up – which featured prominently in the '98 tour.

Hope you Enjoy and let us know what you think!

I am the artist formally known as "Cameron4President"....
    1998: Va Beach VA
    2000: Va Beach VA, Columbia MD
    2003: Raleigh NC, Bristow VA
    2008: Washington DC
    2009: Philly 3
    2010: Bristow VA
    2013: Baltimore MD, Charlottesville VA, Charlotte NC
    2014: Cincinnati, OH
    2016: Hampton, VA, Raleigh, NC
  • Options

YLCover3.jpg

Yield is one of Pearl Jam's best loved albums, and we hope we have come up with a collection which will please Yield lovers, and keep the momentum going as we work through the studio albums 'live' with these projects. With Static Echoes: Yield Live, we had to depart from our formula of featuring performances mostly drawn from Soundboard sources. There are relatively few pure soundboard recordings from the 98 tour – and so instead we drew quite heavily on some of the excellent audience boots that are circulating, and those from a hybrid of mono soundboard feeds and audience recording. This gives a different feel and listening experience from the Soundboard projects, and a nice flavour of the 'good old days' of lapping up audience recorded tapes and unofficial bootlegs of the band.

We are very pleased with the results – with a grittier sound, and nice versions of key tracks which hopefully give a flavour of the era, the tour, and also show different sides to some of the songs on the album. Balancing and selecting the different audience sources next to each other was a challenge in itself, with a smaller pool to choose from after our last project, from the Binaural tour, where we were spoilt by having the official boots to choose from.

Yield live sounds great, and is often easy to forget you aren't listening to Soundboard recordings (The only Yield tracks that don't include audience sources are Brain of J and Faithfull)

The collection finishes with bonus tracks: - a sweet 'Improv', and Leatherman, and closes with Fuckin' Up – which featured prominently in the '98 tour.

bump
  • Options
    myramyra Posts: 1,257

Although I can't say the same about the songs on Yield, I have rediscovered songs from some of our other projects. These projects are great for letting you discover songs and boots. :D

Oh, and boots too, that's right !
  • Options
    myra wrote:

Although I can't say the same about the songs on Yield, I have rediscovered songs from some of our other projects. These projects are great for letting you discover songs and boots. :D

Oh, and boots too, that's right !

I love it when I discover older boots though these projects, like with "Static Echoes" and the Park City Boot. That's a great show. See Below if anybody wants to check it out for themselves:

http://dp-rearviewmirror.blogspot.com/2 ... -1998.html
  • Options
    WEEKEND BUMP

YLCover3.jpg

• Options
    Project #8 starts this Saturday

YLCover3.jpg

• Options
    dustinparduedustinpardue Las Vegas, NV Posts: 1,829
    downloading now, thanks!
    "All I Ever Knew" available now in print and digital formats at Amazon, Barnes & Noble, and iBooks.
  • Options
    downloading now, thanks!

You're Welcome. Enjoy...
  • Options
    Project #8 - Riot Act Live discussion can be found here:

viewtopic.php?f=4&t=149607