Options

Project #7 - Static Echoes: Yield Live

Comments

• Options
    Static Echoes: Yield Live

YLCover3.jpg

http://dp-rearviewmirror.blogspot.com/2 ... -live.html

Yield is one of Pearl Jam's best loved albums, and we hope we have come up with a collection which will please Yield lovers, and keep the momentum going as we work through the studio albums 'live' with these projects. With Static Echoes: Yield Live, we had to depart from our formula of featuring performances mostly drawn from Soundboard sources. There are relatively few pure soundboard recordings from the 98 tour – and so instead we drew quite heavily on some of the excellent audience boots that are circulating, and those from a hybrid of mono soundboard feeds and audience recording. This gives a different feel and listening experience from the Soundboard projects, and a nice flavour of the 'good old days' of lapping up audience recorded tapes and unofficial bootlegs of the band.

We are very pleased with the results – with a grittier sound, and nice versions of key tracks which hopefully give a flavour of the era, the tour, and also show different sides to some of the songs on the album. Balancing and selecting the different audience sources next to each other was a challenge in itself, with a smaller pool to choose from after our last project, from the Binaural tour, where we were spoilt by having the official boots to choose from.

Yield live sounds great, and is often easy to forget you aren't listening to Soundboard recordings (The only Yield tracks that don't include audience sources are Brain of J and Faithfull)

The collection finishes with bonus tracks: - a sweet 'Improv', and Leatherman, and closes with Fuckin' Up – which featured prominently in the '98 tour.

Hope you Enjoy and let us know what you think!

I am the artist formally known as "Cameron4President"....
    1998: Va Beach VA
    2000: Va Beach VA, Columbia MD
    2003: Raleigh NC, Bristow VA
    2008: Washington DC
    2009: Philly 3
    2010: Bristow VA
    2013: Baltimore MD, Charlottesville VA, Charlotte NC
    2014: Cincinnati, OH
    2016: Hampton, VA, Raleigh, NC
  • Options

YLCover3.jpg

Yield is one of Pearl Jam's best loved albums, and we hope we have come up with a collection which will please Yield lovers, and keep the momentum going as we work through the studio albums 'live' with these projects. With Static Echoes: Yield Live, we had to depart from our formula of featuring performances mostly drawn from Soundboard sources. There are relatively few pure soundboard recordings from the 98 tour – and so instead we drew quite heavily on some of the excellent audience boots that are circulating, and those from a hybrid of mono soundboard feeds and audience recording. This gives a different feel and listening experience from the Soundboard projects, and a nice flavour of the 'good old days' of lapping up audience recorded tapes and unofficial bootlegs of the band.

We are very pleased with the results – with a grittier sound, and nice versions of key tracks which hopefully give a flavour of the era, the tour, and also show different sides to some of the songs on the album. Balancing and selecting the different audience sources next to each other was a challenge in itself, with a smaller pool to choose from after our last project, from the Binaural tour, where we were spoilt by having the official boots to choose from.

Yield live sounds great, and is often easy to forget you aren't listening to Soundboard recordings (The only Yield tracks that don't include audience sources are Brain of J and Faithfull)

The collection finishes with bonus tracks: - a sweet 'Improv', and Leatherman, and closes with Fuckin' Up – which featured prominently in the '98 tour.

bump.
  • Options
    Yield Live rocks!!!
    Enjoying it a lot! It has a cool vibe.
    Faithful is truly amazing. I liked Wishlist a lot as well. DTE and In Hiding great as always.
    I wish I get to hear Push Me, Pull Me live, this one sounds so great.

One of the many things I like about your projects is that you include improvs!
    This one and the improv from Nurnberg are so special, I'd hate for them to be forgotten.

Thanks for all the hard work, it is appreciated! :)
    I hope that Riot Act is up next ;)
    Darkness comes in waves,... tell me, why invite it to stay?
  • Options
    mocik wrote:
    Yield Live rocks!!!
    Faithful is truly amazing. I liked Wishlist a lot as well. DTE and In Hiding great as always.

This one and the improv from Nurnberg are so special, I'd hate for them to be forgotten.

Thank you so much for your kind words and I am glad that you are enjoying these projects.

I will go ahead and let the cat out of the bag and say that "Riot Act" is next, but we won't be starting it until February 19th.

Thanks Again. :D
  • Options
    tremorstremors Posts: 8,051
    mocik wrote:
    Yield Live rocks!!!

That's great to hear. Thanks!
    Cancel my subscription to the Ressurection
    Send my credentials to the house of detention

lettherecordsplay1x.gif?t=1377796878
  • Options

YLCover3.jpg

• Options

YLCover3.jpg

• Options
    Yes, would be good to hear from those who have downloaded the latest mixes what they think. We can take a bit of constructive criticism!

• Options
    myramyra Posts: 1,257
    tremors wrote:
    Yes, would be good to hear from those who have downloaded the latest mixes what they think. We can take a bit of constructive criticism!

So, do you want to hear my totally objective, unbiased & constructive feedback ? 8-)
  • Options
    myra wrote:
    tremors wrote:

So, do you want to hear my totally objective, unbiased & constructive feedback ? 8-)

I Do. ;)
  • Options
    myra wrote:
    tremors wrote:

Go on then, hit us with it!

• Options
    tremors wrote:
    myra wrote:
    tremors wrote:

You're misestimating me ;):lol:
  • Options
    myra wrote:
    tremors wrote:

I Do. ;)

Thank you. :angel:
  • Options
    myra wrote:
    tremors wrote:
    myra wrote:

:?

• Options
    Ok then, upon popular request, here's my totally unprejudiced feedback.

This sounds just awesome. Whoever has postponed downloading / listening to it is definitely missing out.
    Of course, it could be argued that there are many other versions out there that could have been picked to make the compilation. But I must admit that, to pick the best sounding and/or most interesting of them, is a choice that makes sense. The overall flow is great too. And some underrated songs on the album definitely stand out now. In one word, this is simply essential. It feels as though I'm hearing Yield for the first time. And God knows it's not the case !
  • Options
    tremors wrote:
    myra wrote:
    tremors wrote:

Did I just make up another word ?! :D
  • Options
    myra wrote:

This sounds just awesome. Whoever has postponed downloading / listening to it is definitely missing out.
    Of course, it could be argued that there are many other versions out there that could have been picked to make the compilation. But I must admit that, to pick the best sounding and/or most interesting of them, is a choice that makes sense. The overall flow is great too. And some underrated songs on the album definitely stand out now. In one word, this is simply essential. It feels as though I'm hearing Yield for the first time. And God knows it's not the case !

Very well sold! You're doing the next writeup definitely

• Options
    myra wrote:
    tremors wrote:
    myra wrote:

Yes, but we need more words - that is a good one!

• Options
    tremors wrote:
    myra wrote:

Very well sold! You're doing the next writeup definitely

No, no ! That would be way too hazardous ! I'll stick to throwing out some spontaneous and objective comment for the delighted listener to copy and use, should they lack inspiration :mrgreen:
  • Options
    tremors wrote:
    myra wrote:

Would you try and use it tomorrow and give me some feedback ? :lol:
  • Options
    myra wrote:
    tremors wrote:
    myra wrote:

Would you try and use it tomorrow and give me some feedback ? :lol:

:lol:

OK, I think people would understand what I was on about. There is a word 'underestimate' - as you probably already know

• Options
    tremors wrote:

OK, I think people would understand what I was on about. There is a word 'underestimate' - as you probably already know

Yeah, but that's not what I meant ... Neither is 'overestimate' BTW... :?
    Damn, it made sense just a while ago !
  • Options
    myra wrote:

Very, very well put and if anybody out there is reading Myra's statement about Static Echoes and hasn't downloaded it, then i have only one question to ask "What Are You Waiting For??" Download it!!! It's Free!! Your iPod is asking (begging) for it!!

If you don't know how to download it, then please ask one of us. There are no stupid questions here (in regards to "how to download").

Also....
    Please People, give us some feeback about this project. Let us know what you like and dislike. We love discussion and are open to it.

Thanks..
  • Options
    myra wrote:
    tremors wrote:

misestimate is a word isn't it?

i've used it before ... :?
  • Options
    myra wrote:
    tremors wrote:

I thought it was a word too.
  • Options

I dare not look it up now :? .
  • Options
    myra wrote:

i did :D just to double check
    it is

misestimate
    mis·es·ti·mate
    To estimate incorrectly.
  • Options
    myra wrote:

Do it, look that puppy up, I bet you'll find it. I say that we even go as far as naming our next project after it:

"Misestimate: Riot Act Live" What do you think? :roll:
  • Options
    I say that we even go as far as naming our next project after it:

Wait. Misestimated : Riot Act Live ? That WOULD make sense ...
  • Options
    myra wrote:
    I say that we even go as far as naming our next project after it:

Wait. Misestimated : Riot Act Live ? That WOULD make sense ...

Well there you go. :thumbup: We have a title, that's until Tremors see's it. :lol: