Jeff Ament spoke to my class yesterday

Comments

• MohabMohab Posts: 310
    Cool read Ev B,

sorry about all the bullshit and them calling your prof, personally that would piss me off, I mean 'chatroom debacle'? Get a grip folks.
  • anothercloneanotherclone Posts: 1,688
    where is Fox Mulder when you need him? I'm sure he would get to the bottom of this conspiracy. ;)
  • JD SalJD Sal Posts: 790
    1st - the thread starter trolls the Red Mosquito forums (as he claims). That place has pranked the message pit countless times with fakes threads, mostly just to see how worked up we all get over this kind of stuff, so there's arleady some doubt.

2nd - a link someone posted supposedly verifying this as true says that "Multi-platinum record producer, David Devore" visited the class, not Jeff Ament. If Jeff Ament was there, wouldn't the site have some info about it?

I hate to be a doubter, but I don't think "Evil Beaver's" story is true.

http://www.business.umt.edu/news/newsmanager/templates/template.aspx?articleid=227&zoneid=3

Multi-platinum record producer, David Devore, visits with students enrolled in MGMT195 Introduction to the Entertainment Business course.

Monday, October 22, 2007
    Source: Dr. Scott Douglas

Multi-platinum record producer, David Devore, visits with students enrolled in MGMT195 Introduction to the Entertainment Business course. DeVore has produced platinum recordings by Elton John, Santana, Foreigner, Fleetwood Mac, Survivor, Alice Cooper, REO Speedwagon, and the Grateful Dead. He has also worked with the likes of Bill Cosby, Ringo Starr, Laura Branigan and many more. Along the way, David has learned a lot about developing production facilities, and the importance for laying them out to be highly effective and flexible. He also has great appreciation for the ups and downs inherent in being a project manager/producer. When speaking with the students enrolled in the course, DeVore stressed the importance of these facets to becoming a highly successful producer.
    "If no one sees you, you're not here at all"
  • Jeff didnt happen to have my basketball with him, did he??? I want it back.

Did he respond to any questions with "I'm in Pearl Jam, Bitch!"?

classic.
    Council Bluffs '03
    Gorge 1
    Gorge 2 '06
  • DarkStarDarkStar Posts: 734
    mookie9999 wrote:
    No need. I wouldn't dare ignore anyone on here. Comments from douchebags is about 50% of the reason I post and read the porch. If it wasn't for people like choke this would be prety boring. Or is it boaring?
    lol. what insight! you've swayed me off the ignore from choke. ;)

ds
    And no one sings me lullabyes
    And no one makes me close my eyes
    So I throw the windows wide
    And call to you across the sky....
  • CahootsCahoots Posts: 140
    thats why i didnt see him at neil young last night...
    Cahoots

1992 VAN
    1993 VAN
    1998 Missoula
    2000 Barcelona & Boise
    2002 SEA 2x
    2003 VAN
    2005 VAN, Calgary, Edmonton & Saskatoon
    2006 The Gorge
    2009 SEA & VAN
    2011 VAN
    2013 Portland & VAN
    2015 Mexico City
    2018 Missoula
    where is Fox Mulder when you need him? I'm sure he would get to the bottom of this conspiracy. ;)
    he's on my TV right now investigating Agua Mala right at this very moment!

ds
  • PoncierPoncier Posts: 16,650

do you really think somebody went to that all trouble just to piss people off
    But this thread showed up from a brand new member after another thread had showed up mentioning that this may have happened, but the info was a 3rd person account, from someone "on another board".

So that leads to 2 possibilities:
    A.Evil Beaver is telling us the truth
    or
    2.This is a joke played by someone who read the other thread

Now I asked E B how old he was when he saw PJ in 93, cause if he were an average aged college student, that would mean he was in like first grade or so in 93. The other possibility is that he is not 18-22, and he stated he's getting his Masters and so be it.

I wasn't so much doubting as verifying, cause as we've seen there have been plenty of BS posts on this board about Jeff stealing basketballs and Boom crashing weddings and Ed working as my mailman when they are on hiatus...so some skepticism emerges when these threads show up and there is no verification, especially in this day and age of the camera phone etc.

So, if its all true, nice story and great exprience Evil Beaver. Say hi to Evil Wally, Evil Ward and Evil June for me.
    This weekend we rock Portland
    JD Sal wrote:
    1st - the thread starter trolls the Red Mosquito forums (as he claims). That place has pranked the message pit countless times with fakes threads, mostly just to see how worked up we all get over this kind of stuff, so there's arleady some doubt.

2nd - a link someone posted supposedly verifying this as true says that "Multi-platinum record producer, David Devore" visited the class, not Jeff Ament. If Jeff Ament was there, wouldn't the site have some info about it?

http://www.business.umt.edu/news/newsmanager/templates/template.aspx?articleid=227&zoneid=3

Multi-platinum record producer, David Devore, visits with students enrolled in MGMT195 Introduction to the Entertainment Business course.

Monday, October 22, 2007

Multi-platinum record producer, David Devore, visits with students enrolled in MGMT195 Introduction to the Entertainment Business course. DeVore has produced platinum recordings by Elton John, Santana, Foreigner, Fleetwood Mac, Survivor, Alice Cooper, REO Speedwagon, and the Grateful Dead. He has also worked with the likes of Bill Cosby, Ringo Starr, Laura Branigan and many more. Along the way, David has learned a lot about developing production facilities, and the importance for laying them out to be highly effective and flexible. He also has great appreciation for the ups and downs inherent in being a project manager/producer. When speaking with the students enrolled in the course, DeVore stressed the importance of these facets to becoming a highly successful producer.
    if you read EB's post it says that Jeff visited yesterday (Oct. 23). your link shows Monday's info.

ds
    Poncier wrote:
    But this thread showed up from a brand new member after another thread had showed up mentioning that this may have happened, but the info was a 3rd person account, from someone "on another board".

So that leads to 2 possibilities:
    A.Evil Beaver is telling us the truth
    or
    2.This is a joke played by someone who read the other thread

Now I asked E B how old he was when he saw PJ in 93, cause if he were an average aged college student, that would mean he was in like first grade or so in 93. The other possibility is that he is not 18-22, and he stated he's getting his Masters and so be it.

I wasn't so much doubting as verifying, cause as we've seen there have been plenty of BS posts on this board about Jeff stealing basketballs and Boom crashing weddings and Ed working as my mailman when they are on hiatus...so some skepticism emerges when these threads show up and there is no verification, especially in this day and age of the camera phone etc.

So, if its all true, nice story and great exprience Evil Beaver. Say hi to Evil Wally, Evil Ward and Evil June for me.

Did you read post #124? :)

The school's site says a producer was a guest at the class.
    JD Sal wrote:
    Did you read post #124? :)

The school's site says a producer was a guest at the class.
    did you read post #130? it says EB said Jeff visited on 10/23, not 10/22 as post #124 with info about David Devore.

ds
    DarkStar wrote:
    if you read EB's post it says that Jeff visited yesterday (Oct. 23). your link shows Monday's info.

ds

Understood, but do you really think the school would have a "TBD Special Guest" listed all semester, as the original poster wrote, and then have another "TBD Special Guest" the next day?

It's not like this other guy visited the class last year or something. It's a day apart. Come on now. And you know how the RM folks are. Always trying to get a rise out of the messsage pit. I think the thread starter is someone that was probably banned from here a while back and started a new name for this prank.

You gotta see the forrest through the trees DS. :)
  • cropdustresscropdustress Posts: 4,339
    Geez, why are some of you so suspicious? :rolleyes:

Everytime someone meets the band or does/experiences something cool, they are telling a lie. Seriously.
    I dont think his story is BS. Seems true to me and some of you need to chill and just stop this poop talk...
    So sad. Go watch the dvd you all :p
    And over analyze THAT!
    "I surfaced and all of my being was enlightened"
  • bharQbharQ Posts: 1,201
    JD Sal wrote:

Monday, October 22, 2007

3rd - get a fucking life
    09/04/05 - Calgary, AB
    08/02/07 - LOLLA!!!
    DarkStar wrote:
    did you read post #130? it says EB said Jeff visited on 10/23, not 10/22 as post #124 with info about David Devore.

ds
    ...Anyway, I’m currently a student at the University of Montana and we had a guest speaker in my Entertainment Management class yesterday (Oct. 23) and it was none other Jeff Ament. All semester our syllabus had listed “Featuring Special Guest TBA” and we were not told who it was until he walked into our classroom...

- Evil Beaver

I think Multi-platinum record producer David Devore would qualify as a "Special Guest." All you're going by is that the thread starter said 10/23 and the article says 10/22. Close enough for me. They wouldn't have this huge record producer one day and Jeff Ament the next. Sorry, I'm calling BS.
    JD Sal wrote:
    Understood, but do you really think the school would have a "TBD Special Guest" listed all semester, as the original poster wrote, and then have another "TBD Special Guest" the next day?

It's not like this other guy visited the class last year or something. It's a day apart. Come on now. And you know how the RM folks are. Always trying to get a rise out of the messsage pit. I think the thread starter is someone that was probably banned from here a while back and started a new name for this prank.

You gotta see the forrest through the trees DS. :)
    well...i suppose you've got some points. i guess there always has to be SOME kind of drama around here. sigh. i just wanted you to be aware of the date discrepancy in your theory. ;):)

ds

Everytime someone meets the band or does/experiences something cool, they are telling a lie. Seriously.
    I dont think his story is BS. Seems true to me and some of you need to chill and just stop this poop talk...
    And over analyze THAT!
    exactly. ;) i think i'll move to croatia. :p

ds
    bharQ wrote:
    3rd - get a fucking life

Huh? Why the hostility?

How much more do you gullible folks need??? The thread starter said a special guest TBD was listed on their syllabus all semester, and I show you that it wasn't Jeff Ament per the school's site, and you still think it's true?

WOW is all I got to say!
  • DarkStar wrote:
    lol. what insight! you've swayed me off the ignore from choke. ;)

ds

Love you guys too :)
  • Great summary, and very well spoken. Thanks for posting this. I also frequent Red Mosquito.
    Oh help me, help me from myself!!!

Theres not going to be an accoustic version of Blood or anything like that, so feel free to sit down.
  • JD Sal wrote:
    1st - the thread starter trolls the Red Mosquito forums (as he claims).

lurking =/= trolling
    JD Sal wrote:
    I think Multi-platinum record producer David Devore would qualify as a "Special Guest." All you're going by is that the thread starter said 10/23 and the article says 10/22. Close enough for me. They wouldn't have this huge record producer one day and Jeff Ament the next. Sorry, I'm calling BS.
    lol...maybe...but your "close enough for me" statement is hilarious ;).

ds
    Love you guys too :)
    i'm not a bad guy...as apparently you aren't either. i mean, we both like PJ and Radiohead...that's good enough for me. :p:)

ds
  • Yup. I felt curious and it took a full two minutes out of my lunch hour at work.

What an absolute legend.

And over analyze THAT!

I'm suspicious because of the following:

- It was the guy's 1st post. If it was someone we knew and trusted, I'd be more inclined to believe it from the get go.

- The thread starter said he's from RM. Those guys have pranked us how many times? Or pranked yall I should say :) Remember, the fake WWS song? The fake news articles? The fake tour itinerary? The list goes on and on.

- The thread starter said all semester they have a "Special Guest TBD" on their syllabus. I show a link to the school's site saying it was a record producer and yet still most of yall are defending this guy.

To each their own. I'm a laid back dude who doesn't like to start trouble, but I call it like I see it. And I see this as BS. There's OVERWHELMING evidence against the story (cough, cough, the article saying SOMEONE ELSE was the guest speaker).

Cmon people. Remember, you're supposed to question everything, not just go along and believe everything you read.
  • KDH12KDH12 Posts: 2,096
    The lecture happened. You can look it up for yourself. No need to be a dick to this person.

what in my comment was being a dick to them? Just wondering I was rather nice :)
    JOEJOEJOE wrote:
    Thanks...its always the people who are clueless that say things such as
    "I highly.........highly......... ...highly doubt that Bonoroo (sp?) has already started booking bands for next may shit they are probably still cleaning up from last may" :)

how am I clueless I regretfully admit that I went to the first Bonnaroo, worst experience of my life. so again how am I clueless? Anway I will ask you again in May 2008 :)
    **CUBS GO ALL THE WAY IN......never **
  • bharQbharQ Posts: 1,201
    JD Sal wrote:

- It was the guy's 1st post. If it was someone we knew and trusted, I'd be more inclined to believe it from the get go.

- The thread starter said he's from RM. Those guys have pranked us how many times? Or pranked yall I should say :) Remember, the fake WWS song? The fake news articles? The fake tour itinerary? The list goes on and on.

- The thread starter said all semester they have a "Special Guest TBD" on their syllabus. I show a link to the school's site saying it was a record producer and yet still most of yall are defending this guy.

To each their own. I'm a laid back dude who doesn't like to start trouble, but I call it like I see it. And I see this as BS. There's OVERWHELMING evidence against the story (cough, cough, the article saying SOMEONE ELSE was the guest speaker).

Cmon people. Remember, you're supposed to question everything, not just go along and believe everything you read.

lol its just how much effort yo'ure putting into this....its mind boggling
    09/04/05 - Calgary, AB
    08/02/07 - LOLLA!!!
    lurking =/= trolling

I misquoted what he said, however I don't believe he's a lurker or a troller. I think he's actually a RM regular and this is all a big joke.

Don't believe everything you read :)
    JD Sal wrote:
    Huh? Why the hostility?

How much more do you gullible folks need??? The thread starter said a special guest TBD was listed on their syllabus all semester, and I show you that it wasn't Jeff Ament per the school's site, and you still think it's true?

WOW is all I got to say!
    you gotta read choke's post #89 to get that joke. anyway, i noticed that the info you posted was made available on 10/22, but it does not say that mr. Devore actually visited on 10/22...so it could have been 10/23 or any other date for that matter...on 10/23 there's a posting about Tom Garnsey PRESIDENT of Vootie (not Pootie) Productions...surely he's gotta be a VIP. ;)

http://www.business.umt.edu/news/newsmanager/templates/template.aspx?articleid=228&zoneid=3

Tom Garnsey, President of Vootie Productions, has promoted superstars and up-and-comers in Montana and the western U.S.

Tuesday, October 23, 2007

Tom Garnsey, President of Vootie Productions, has promoted superstars and up-and-comers in Montana and the western U.S. Recently, Garnsey visited with students enrolled in MGMT401 Event Management to discuss his secrets to successful promotion in secondary and tertiary markets. He also discussed the issues inherent in developing, growing and maintaining festivals, particularly the Grand Targhee Music Festival.

EDIT: Neither of our links even talks about the Entertainment Management course...yours talks about MGMT195 Introduction to the Entertainment Business and mine talks about MGMT401 Event Management. these are not the same course and not the course that EB posted about.
  • cropdustresscropdustress Posts: 4,339
    JD Sal wrote:

I guess Im just gullible :p
    Or I believe what I wanna believe.
    Over and out.
    *I should prolly go watch the DVD again instead of getting in an argument here* :D:p
    "I surfaced and all of my being was enlightened"