Jeff Ament spoke to my class yesterday

Comments

• edvedder913edvedder913 Posts: 1,810
    nevermind, someone already posted it.
  • You and the others who went so far to actually visit the school website and find class schedules could be the biggest losers I have ever seen on this bored. Get a fucking life.

Yeah, ok. It took all of three seconds. I went to google and typed in "Principles Of Entertainment Management University of Montana" and brought me to the class list and the syllabus.

So in conclusion,

Go fuck yourself.
  • KDH12KDH12 Posts: 2,096
    You and the others who went so far to actually visit the school website and find class schedules could be the biggest losers I have ever seen on this bored. Get a fucking life.

I hope that "bored" was intentional cuz what I think you ment was board if not intentional you might want to be careful who you call a loser :)
    **CUBS GO ALL THE WAY IN......never **
  • Yeah, ok. It took all of three seconds. I went to google and typed in "Principles Of Entertainment Management University of Montana" and brought me to the class list and the syllabus.

So in conclusion,

Go fuck yourself.

Nah. He was right. Chill out Encyclopedia Brown.
  • I just called the professor. The story is 100% legit.

http://umtentertainment.org/syllabus.html

here's his cell phone number is anybody's interested.
    1- I would have taken a picture afterwards
    2- I do not believe most of what I read especially in places like this
    3- The post with the course offerings says sping...... it is winter in Chicago
    4- I highly.........highly............highly doubt that Bonoroo (sp?) has already started booking bands for next may shit they are probably still cleaning up from last may
    5- I highly.........highly............highly doubt that if PJ was only going to play on show next year it would be that stink fest of drugs and patchwork pants
    6- We will never know the truth :)
  • einatshauleinatshaul Posts: 2,219
    This thread is AWESOME!

Don't care if it's true or not, finally something exciting to read on here! :):)

This is the best "interview" any band member ever gave!

Damn, so where ARE they booked next year?!

Thank you so much for posting this
  • JOEJOEJOEJOEJOEJOE Posts: 10,479
    KDH12 wrote:
    1- I would have taken a picture afterwards
    2- I do not believe most of what I read especially in places like this
    3- The post with the course offerings says sping...... it is winter in Chicago
    4- I highly.........highly............highly doubt that Bonoroo (sp?) has already started booking bands for next may shit they are probably still cleaning up from last may
    5- I highly.........highly............highly doubt that if PJ was only going to play on show next year it would be that stink fest of drugs and patchwork pants
    6- We will never know the truth :)

the big festivals book bands months and months in advance...its a year-round ordeal.
    I just called the professor. The story is 100% legit.

http://umtentertainment.org/syllabus.html

here's his cell phone number is anybody's interested.

Why would you post his cell#....very responsible of you!
  • JOEJOEJOE wrote:
    Why would you post his cell#....very responsible of you!

Somebody already had. Look a few posts up.
    In any case, it's right there on a public website. He was very gracious about it.
    He even chuckled when I mentioned the message board debacle.
  • DarkStarDarkStar Posts: 734
    You and the others who went so far to actually visit the school website and find class schedules could be the biggest losers I have ever seen on this bored. Get a fucking life.
    for anyone else so inclined.

ds
    And no one sings me lullabyes
    And no one makes me close my eyes
    So I throw the windows wide
    And call to you across the sky....
  • bharQbharQ Posts: 1,201
    greatest first post ever haha

thanks for the good read mang
    09/04/05 - Calgary, AB
    08/02/07 - LOLLA!!!
    JOEJOEJOE wrote:
    the big festivals book bands months and months in advance...its a year-round ordeal.

Okay in that case

Pear Jam
    Neil Young
    RHCP
    and my mom

will all play lollapalooza next year, see you there :)
  • KDH12 wrote:
    Okay in that case

Pear Jam
    Neil Young
    RHCP
    and my mom

will all play lollapalooza next year, see you there :)

The lecture happened. You can look it up for yourself. No need to be a dick to this person.
  • KDH12 wrote:
    I hope that "bored" was intentional cuz what I think you ment was board if not intentional you might want to be careful who you call a loser :)

Whoops. Typo. My bad. Doesn't make me a loser....just careless :)
  • DarkStar wrote:

Right back at ya buddy. :) I wish there was one of those little yellow face things for a kiss I'd give you one right now.
  • Somebody already had. Look a few posts up.
    In any case, it's right there on a public website. He was very gracious about it.
    He even chuckled when I mentioned the message board debacle.

You actually called him?
  • You actually called him?

Yup. I felt curious and it took a full two minutes out of my lunch hour at work.
    The lecture happened. You can look it up for yourself. No need to be a dick to this person.

Thanks...its always the people who are clueless that say things such as
    "I highly.........highly......... ...highly doubt that Bonoroo (sp?) has already started booking bands for next may shit they are probably still cleaning up from last may" :)
  • PULITZER for the Evil Beaver. better than any rag interview.

good work. could almost picture the whole thing.
    "There are teams that are fair-haired,and those that aren't so fair-haired.Some teams are named Smith,some Grabowski. We're Grabowskis."-Mike Ditka, January 1986

everytime i have to take a crap i sing EVACUATION!!!
    EVACUATION!!
    "i'll let you be in my dream if i can be in your dream." -b.dylan
  • Sprunkn7Sprunkn7 Posts: 5,286
    Agree. The best thing written here in months.
    Congrats on being in the right place at the right time!
    Thank you fellow 10 clubber for saving my ass....again!!!
  • Niko80Niko80 Posts: 1,589
    lukin321 wrote:
    First Bridge school was actually in '92...

Set 1 Footsteps, Jeremy, Black, Alive, Daughter, Angel, I Am A Patriot

I stand corrected!

Sorry to post negative stuff like that. If Jeff showed up to speak in my lecture, I would be one happy dude!

Congrats on experiencing this!
    I will swallow poison
  • mookie9999mookie9999 Posts: 4,677
    DarkStar wrote:

No need. I wouldn't dare ignore anyone on here. Comments from douchebags is about 50% of the reason I post and read the porch. If it wasn't for people like choke this would be pretty boring. Or is it boaring?
    "The leads are weak!"

"The leads are weak? Fuckin' leads are weak? You're Weak! I've Been in this business 15 years"

"What's your name?"

"FUCK YOU! THAT"S MY NAME!"
  • i am officially transferring to the university of montana..
    Council Bluffs '03
    Gorge 1
    Gorge 2 '06
  • anothercloneanotherclone Posts: 1,688
    that is the coolest fucking thing I think I have ever read on this board.

Thanks so much for sharing that with us.

Welcome.

yep.

I would have shit my pants if that happened to me.
  • rudiger10rudiger10 Posts: 129
    Here's the deal... I WANT to believe you, but the fact is that EVERYTHING you mentioned has already been talked about.

In a classroom full of students worthy enough of a lecture from Jeff, SURELY someone if not everyone took pictures or audio recordings of this.

If not then you will continue to be doubted.

But at the same time there are some people in here that are awfully quick to assume it really happened.
    I believe him fully, its not like Jeff expects these kids to know all his stories he's ever told. how do u know someone didn't take pictures? and something tells me kids, even tho most students have laptops at classes, they don't take recording equipment to their classes
    My god its been so long, never dreamed we'd return.
  • That's cool! They had this class when I was at the U. I didn't have time to take it,but I always wondered if they were going to get Jeff in to talk.
    when you get confused just listen to the music play........

"You damn well can't lick the system,but you can sure give it a good fondeling."-sleazy estate man(Hugh Laurie on A bit of Fry and Laurie)

"Judas Priest on a two stroke moped!"(Stephen Fry)
  • Here's the deal... I WANT to believe you, but the fact is that EVERYTHING you mentioned has already been talked about.

In a classroom full of students worthy enough of a lecture from Jeff, SURELY someone if not everyone took pictures or audio recordings of this.

I know it might be hard to comprehend, but there is a slight *SLIGHT* possiblity that there were students in the class who could've cared less that Jeff was giving a lecture. As strange as it is, not everyone considers every move made by the guys in the band to be the new Stations of the Cross.

Thus, probably no 'audio.'
    "If you're looking for someone to pull you out of that ditch, you're out of luck."
  • cropdustresscropdustress Posts: 4,339
    that is the coolest fucking thing I think I have ever read on this board.

Thanks so much for sharing that with us.

Welcome.

Yes! So cool! Thank you so much for sharing! :)
    "I surfaced and all of my being was enlightened"
  • TravelarTravelar Kalamazoo, USA Posts: 3,381
    Awesome... I read an interview some years back about Neil and he was in LA cruising record shops and he found some bootleg vinyls. He picked them up and took them to counter and said something to the effect of "These are mine. And if your manager has a problem with me taking them, he can call me" and then he handed the guy a card.

Anyway, there was some really good info relayed in this and I really appreciate you taking the time to post it.