Jeff Ament spoke to my class yesterday

Comments

• smile05smile05 Posts: 600
    bostonlou wrote:
    you're missing the ability to figure out how to quote someone

oh and no one in this class had a camera phone?

although it is montana ;)

what,like this

excuss,4th can of stella

whats wrong with copy & paste anyway???
    (cant belive after nearly 600 posts i have never used that)

thks
    1:Black 2:Corduroy 3:All Those Yesterdays 4:I Got ID 5:Smile

They can buy but cant put on my clothes
    Throw down my ace in the hole~~~~~~

Let's go for three in a row, no sorry i can't think of anything thats not funny. - Paul Merton

London96,Manchester00,Berlin06,London07
  • bostonlou wrote:

Watch it Lou. :)

We even have running water here, and indoor plumbing. :eek:
    1998-6/20, 6/21
    2003-6/1, 10/25
    2005-8/29, 9/4
    2006-7/2, 7/22, 7/23
    2008-4/15(EV solo)
    2009-9/21, 9/22, 9/28
    2011-9/3, 9/4
    2012-9/30
    2013-7/19, 11/30
  • The ChampThe Champ Posts: 4,063
    smile05 wrote:
    What the hell happened to your quote button in this attempt?

what quote button??am i missing something

Like Lou said, you are not quoting properly. It is hard to decipher where my quote ends and your ramblings begin..In the future, hit the 'quote' button on the bottom of the post you want to quote..
    'I want to hurry home to you
    put on a slow, dumb show for you
    and crack you up
    so you can put a blue ribbon on my brain
    god I'm very, very frightening
    and I'll overdo it'
  • PureandEasyPureandEasy Posts: 5,798
    The Champ wrote:
    Why is it hard to believe? Lou does it all day long ;)..

I don't really pay much attention to Lou :D

He's a fellow New Englander too so I'll cut him some slack anyway

I just choose to believe that people are good, makes the day much more pleasant :)
  • bostonlou wrote:

That's my biggest argument as well.
  • RiverrunnerRiverrunner Posts: 2,419
    mookie9999 wrote:
    Wanted to believe you my friend. But after all of the doubt on here I checked the website: http://www.umt.edu/catalog/ Maybe I'm looking in the wrong area, but could not for the life of me find your listed "Entertainment Management" class. Entertaining read though.

I found it "Principles of Entertainment Management I" and there is a II also.
    The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way it treats its animals. Ghandi
  • intodeepintodeep Posts: 7,228
    mookie9999 wrote:
    Wanted to believe you my friend. But after all of the doubt on here I checked the website: http://www.umt.edu/catalog/ Maybe I'm looking in the wrong area, but could not for the life of me find your listed "Entertainment Management" class. Entertaining read though.

good call.
    Charlotte 00
    Charlotte 03
    Asheville 04
    Atlanta 12
    Greenville 16, Columbia 16
    Seattle 18 
    Nashville 22
  • bostonloubostonlou Posts: 2,849
    Watch it Lou. :)

We even have running water here, and indoor plumbing. :eek:

pretty soon maybe you'll have the internets!! ;)

I'm sure it's beautiful up there

well except for the unabomber types ;)
    Don't Believe Everything You Think
  • SPALMASPALMA Posts: 2,279
    that is the coolest fucking thing I think I have ever read on this board.

Thanks so much for sharing that with us.

Welcome.

yes... yes.

thanks.
    "I don't want to hear any splatty tongues!"
    J.M., Jr. High Band Teacher

I raise my Freak Flag High!!
  • NoonieNoonie Posts: 93
    Uh... can anybody from the RM board vouch for this guy?
    My rhymes and records they don't get played
    Because my records and rhymes they don't get made
    And if you rap like me you don't get paid
    And if you roll like me you don't get laid.
  • bostonloubostonlou Posts: 2,849
    The Champ wrote:
    Why is it hard to believe? Lou does it all day long ;)..

I would love you to name one thread i've created to piss people off

well unless people get mad at stupid shit ;)
    Don't Believe Everything You Think
  • The ChampThe Champ Posts: 4,063
    That's my biggest argument as well.

It's not like we're talking about Eddie Vedder here. The average student these days would have trouble identifying Pearl Jam, no less Jeff Ament..maybe it wasn't a big deal....but to this dude it obviously was, so you're right, he should have a pic..
    'I want to hurry home to you
    put on a slow, dumb show for you
    and crack you up
    so you can put a blue ribbon on my brain
    god I'm very, very frightening
    and I'll overdo it'
  • my2handsmy2hands Posts: 17,117
    I should have included that. Jeff DID say the show they booked next year is Bonaroo.

You heard it here first.

But who am I? Just some jerk university student who happened to be in the same room where Jeff gave a speech yesterday.

oh shit

i am there!
  • And for the record, I tend to have WAY too much faith in people, so it's not like I don't think people are good or anything.

There are just some things that scream doubt to me that's all.

Like when that person claimed that Eddie played with Kid Rock and everyone thought they were crazy.

I believed it the second I read it because it made sense and nobody would have reason to make that up. It was great when all the pictures showed up and put everyone in their place.

But this is all a little too cookie-cutter for me.
  • I bet Matt and Mike are not the one's with huge opinions. But, this is a very cool post, thanks!
    Dallas '98 - Dallas '00 - OKC '03 - Dallas '03

www.myspace.com/lance_gray

www.bonafidedarling.com
  • mookie9999mookie9999 Posts: 4,677
    I found it "Principles of Entertainment Management I" and there is a II also.

Link please. My searching skills are apparently beyond shit today.
    "The leads are weak!"

"The leads are weak? Fuckin' leads are weak? You're Weak! I've Been in this business 15 years"

"What's your name?"

"FUCK YOU! THAT"S MY NAME!"
  • Thanks for the post! It is great that Jeff is speaking at local schools and is open and not afraid of media hype. PEARL JAM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • A little research. You say it was yesterday? Hmmmm...

UG 401 Event Management 3 cr. Offered fall. Prereq., junior standing and consent of instructor; open to non-business majors. Students are introduced to skills that are necessary for managing entertainment events. Topics include: market research; artist research; negotiating events; producing live events; and working with community and non-profit organizations. Students will develop and participate in several live events throughout the semester.

UG 402 Principles of Entertainment Management I 3cr. Offered spring. Prereq., junior standing and consent of instructor; open to non-business majors. Students are introduced to the fundamental aspects of the entertainment business. Topics include: artist development and management; productions; promotions; and venue management and marketing. Students will produce an artist development plan.

UG 403 Principles of Entertainment Management 2 3 cr. Offered spring. Prereq., junior standing, MGMT 402, and consent of instructor; open to non-business majors. Students build on the concepts learned in MGMT 402. Topics include: tour development and marketing; agency relations and responsibilities; and new forms of entertainment media and distribution. Students will produce an event management plan.

Here is the syllabus:

http://umtentertainment.org/syllabus.html

All dates are for Spring, but also provides the instructor's phone & e-mail if someone wants to go that far.

Anyway, sounds fishy to me.
  • bostonlou wrote:
    pretty soon maybe you'll have the internets!! ;)

I'm sure it's beautiful up there

well except for the unabomber types ;)

You are one funny mofo Lou.
    The internets; classic, can't wait till we get that. I'm posting via telegraph right now :D
    And, the unabomber types... Man, is that all we are know for?
    1998-6/20, 6/21
    2003-6/1, 10/25
    2005-8/29, 9/4
    2006-7/2, 7/22, 7/23
    2008-4/15(EV solo)
    2009-9/21, 9/22, 9/28
    2011-9/3, 9/4
    2012-9/30
    2013-7/19, 11/30
  • The Champ wrote:
    It's not like we're talking about Eddie Vedder here. The average student these days would have trouble identifying Pearl Jam, no less Jeff Ament..maybe it wasn't a big deal....but to this dude it obviously was, so you're right, he should have a pic..

I'm with you on one thing- there wouldn't have been a media "circus" outside the class if they announced who was speaking (allegedly). Until not too long ago, everyone in the band besides Ed wore their "all access" passes backstage where they were not the headliners (i.e., Bridge). Lots of people wouldn't know the rest of the band if they fell over them.

Second, whether this story is true or not- think to yourselves honestly- honestly... if you were given the chance to be in a somewhat intimate environment with one of the guys in the band, knowing what you know about them, would you really take out your camera phone and obviously snap a picture? It's better to ask first.

Not surprised to hear they take care of their crew. Although it is somewhat disappointing to find out that f'er George Webb is rich.
    "If you're looking for someone to pull you out of that ditch, you're out of luck."
  • itsevobabyitsevobaby Posts: 1,809
    wow thanks evil beaver that's awesome. you have my vote for pit member of the year :);)
    Look Alive,
    See These Bones
  • Urban HikerUrban Hiker Posts: 1,312
    All dates are for Spring, but also provides the instructor's phone & e-mail if someone wants to go that far.

I did, he'll be posting something about it soon.

I am guessing it will be posted in this section:

http://www.business.umt.edu/news/newsmanager/templates/template.aspx?articleid=205&zoneid=3

Huge thanks to Evil Beaver for the awesome story. :D
    Walking can be a real trip
    "We've laid the groundwork. It's like planting the seeds. And next year, it's spring." - Nader
    Prepare for tending to your garden, America.
  • WHo would be so rude to take a picture of someone speaking to a class?

If jeff came to speak to one of my college classes NO ONE would take a picture with their camera phone, cause to them, the bassist to PJ is not a big deal like Michael Jordan would be. Not even I, a big fan of Jeffs, would be so rude to snap a pic.

You'd look like an idiot holding your phone up taking pics of a guest speaker.
    *Official Marker in the Sand Fan Club Junkie*
    Member # 0004

Rather than being birthed like a normal child, Chuck Norris instead
    decided to punch his way out of his mother's womb. Shortly thereafter
    he grew a beard.
  • WHo would be so rude to take a picture of someone speaking to a class?

If jeff came to speak to one of my college classes NO ONE would take a picture with their camera phone, cause to them, the bassist to PJ is not a big deal like Michael Jordan would be. Not even I, a big fan of Jeffs, would be so rude to snap a pic.

You'd look like an idiot holding your phone up taking pics of a guest speaker.

When Ian Mackaye came to my school last year for a Music Business forum, loads of people had their picture taken with him afterward.
  • yield2meyield2me Posts: 1,291
    awesome read! Thanks for posting that
    “May you live to be 100 and may the last voice you hear be mine.” - Frank Sinatra
  • HermanBloomHermanBloom Posts: 1,764
    Did you ever stop and think that maybe it was Jeff's stunt double?
    SLC 11/2/95, Park City 6/21/98, Boise 11/3/00, Seattle 12/9/02, Vancouver 5/30/03, Gorge 9/1/05, Vancouver 9/2/05, Gorge 7/22/06, Gorge 7/23/06, Camden I 6/19/08, MSG I 6/24/08, MSG II 6/25/08, Hartford 6/27/08, Mansfield II 6/30/08; Eddie Albany 6/8/09, 6/9/09; Philly 10/30/09, 10/31/09; Boston 5/17/10
    I thought the world...Turns out the world thought me
  • Who is Jeff Ament?
    I'm trying to drink away the part of the day I cannot sleep away...
  • A little research. You say it was yesterday? Hmmmm...

UG 401 Event Management 3 cr. Offered fall. Prereq., junior standing and consent of instructor; open to non-business majors. Students are introduced to skills that are necessary for managing entertainment events. Topics include: market research; artist research; negotiating events; producing live events; and working with community and non-profit organizations. Students will develop and participate in several live events throughout the semester.

UG 402 Principles of Entertainment Management I 3cr. Offered spring. Prereq., junior standing and consent of instructor; open to non-business majors. Students are introduced to the fundamental aspects of the entertainment business. Topics include: artist development and management; productions; promotions; and venue management and marketing. Students will produce an artist development plan.

UG 403 Principles of Entertainment Management 2 3 cr. Offered spring. Prereq., junior standing, MGMT 402, and consent of instructor; open to non-business majors. Students build on the concepts learned in MGMT 402. Topics include: tour development and marketing; agency relations and responsibilities; and new forms of entertainment media and distribution. Students will produce an event management plan.

Here is the syllabus:

http://umtentertainment.org/syllabus.html

Anyway, sounds fishy to me.

You and the others who went so far to actually visit the school website and find class schedules could be the biggest losers I have ever seen on this bored. Get a fucking life.
  • JOEJOEJOEJOEJOEJOE Posts: 10,479
    bostonlou wrote:
    you're missing the ability to figure out how to quote someone

perhaps the students were happy to listen, and did not feel the need to take pictures.

Anyone who eventually works in entertainment needs to learn to act professional in front of the talent!

not everyone would be awestruck in such a situation, and less hoopla caused by picturestakers may help ensure future visits.
  • The Champ wrote:
    What the hell happened to your quote button in this attempt?

I think I'm falling in love w/ The Champ. Is that wrong?