Dogfish Head & PJ20

Comments

• BinFrogBinFrog Posts: 7,309
    BinFrog wrote:
    120 minute IPA

Well there you go.

120 Minute IPA is a VERY strong IPA. It is a limited release beer, and unless you drank one that has aged for a couple of years, odds are it was very malty and not super hoppy. If you drink a "newer" one, it will not have reached its flavor potential.

Try a 60 or 90 minute IPA, or the Raison D'Etre.

So I drank a "newer" one rather than an "older" one and thats why it tasted like shit?

Essentially, yes. The 120 is supposed to age for a few years. Do yourself a favor and try other flavors. The 120 minute, even if fully aged, is not the one I would recommend for starters.
    Bright eyed kid: "Wow Typo Man, you're the best!"
    Typo Man: "Thanks kidz, but remembir, stay in skool!"
  • all right people, heres the deal with DFH. GREAT, GREAT BREWERY! but being a microbrewery, they still cant meet demand on alot of their product. be patient with them.

for those discussing their IPAs, if you are looking for something more flavorful than the 90 minute, try the Squall. its pretty much their 90 minute, but unfiltered.

with regards to the Faithfull Ale, i assure you that distributors dont know half the time what they are getting from DFH, its just that hard to get with the demand and most reps to the distributors are spread thin as soon as they get something from Sam Calgione. seeing as they are re-releasing Bitches Brew and Hellhound, im sure they will make sure Faithfull Ale gets more than one run.

best of luck

na' zdravi!
  • 8181 Posts: 58,276
    demetrios wrote:
    How can we get a few crates of these up here to Canada?

drive south
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
    Still need maybe 1 or 2 persons to get me 1 or 2 bottles if possible. I already have 2 persons that will try, but just in case they dont succeed. Would really like to have 1 to drink and 1 to keep (if i can control myself ;) ). This will not be available in the Netherlands, so hope someone can help out. Offcourse i will pay all expenses, probably will pay for 1 bottle for the buyer also.

keep the bottle...drink the beer.
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
    gndcd402 wrote:
    $12.50 a bottle?! did ten club come up with these prices or something? YIKES!

you don't drink alot of specality beer do you?
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • mookieguymookieguy Palm Bay, FL Posts: 19
    i will be snatching up as many of these in my area as i can. i would love to work out some sort of deal with someone who has an extra or unwanted bluray deluxe that i apparently missed the boat on. hit me up.
  • ChrisileinChrisilein Posts: 3,889
    pdalowsky wrote:
    is it out yet?

Would love to get at least one bottle. Do you have a connection to get it? I wrote the brewery if there's a chance to get this beer in Europe. They wrote back but unfortunately no beer for me....
    up here in my tree in Vienna
    2006: Vienna 2009: Berlin 2010: London ~ Berlin 2012: Amsterdam 1+2 ~ Werchter ~ Arras ~ Berlin 1+2
    2014: Milano ~ Trieste ~ Vienna ~ Berlin 2018: Padova ~ Rome 2022: Budapest ~ Vienna
    EV London/Hammersmith 2012
    EV Berlin/Zitadelle 2017
  • SVRDhand13SVRDhand13 Posts: 26,144
    81 wrote:
    gndcd402 wrote:

you don't drink alot of specality beer do you?

Yea this price is very fair.
    severed hand thirteen
    2006: Gorge 7/23 2008: Hartford 6/27 Beacon 7/1 2009: Spectrum 10/30-31
    2010: Newark 5/18 MSG 5/20-21 2011: PJ20 9/3-4 2012: Made In America 9/2
    2013: Brooklyn 10/18-19 Philly 10/21-22 Hartford 10/25 2014: ACL10/12
    2015: NYC 9/23 2016: Tampa 4/11 Philly 4/28-29 MSG 5/1-2 Fenway 8/5+8/7
    2017: RRHoF 4/7   2018: Fenway 9/2+9/4   2021: Sea Hear Now 9/18 
    2022: MSG 9/11  2024: MSG 9/3-4 Philly 9/7+9/9 Fenway 9/15+9/17
  • Here are the official release plans: http://www.dogfish.com/community/news/press-releases/faithfull-ale-release-plans.htm

Board member GTF13 was at the brewery a couple days ago, not available yet. It should be this weekend in limited amounts at the brewery only. Limit of two bottles per person. (Very ten club eh?)
    Evolution Music Studios presents:
    DO THE EVOLUTION - a 20th Anniversary Tribute Celebration
    of PEARL JAM - WORLD CAFE LIVE PHILLY JUNE 19th 7pm
  • So, any lucky fans in Dogfish Head country want to help a Missouri beer snob out? I'd love to trade for some of this.

PM me if you're onto a case or something, and it's too much for you. Love to have 2 or more bottles of this.

I have some Pliny the Elder connections, and possibly some other gems I'd rather not mention. PM me your wants from stuff available near me in Missouri.

Please?
    Lolla St. Louis 92, StL 98, Kansas City 98, Knoxville 98, StL 00, Kansas City 00, Oklahoma City 03, StL 03, Cleveland 03, Pittsburgh 03, Kansas City 03, Philly x 2 03, MSG x 2 03, StL 04, GR 06, Cleveland 06, Detroit 06, SF x 3 06, Portland, Gorge x 2 06, MSG x 2 08, Hartford 08, Mansfield x 2 08
  • To anyone in Chicagoland,
    Just spoke with a rep from Louis Glunz Beer Inc. in Lincolnwood Il. They have no info on Faithful Ale's availability and recommended checking with Binny's Beverage Depot to see if its able to be ordered. As of Sunday the 16th, it does not appear in Binny's system..... :o :shock:
    No matter how cold the winter, there's a springtime ahead.......
  • why no mention of this Beer from Pearl Jam? are they not behind it at all?
    seems weird to me
  • Icebowl2k wrote:
    To anyone in Chicagoland,
    Just spoke with a rep from Louis Glunz Beer Inc. in Lincolnwood Il. They have no info on Faithful Ale's availability and recommended checking with Binny's Beverage Depot to see if its able to be ordered. As of Sunday the 16th, it does not appear in Binny's system..... :o :shock:

Just came from Binnys in Lakeview......Not lookin good.
  • treyvedder wrote:
    why no mention of this Beer from Pearl Jam? are they not behind it at all?
    seems weird to me

Good point, that is kind of odd. DFH would have to get permission from them to put Pearl Jam Twenty on the bottle, so if PJ weren't behind it you would think they would just say no to it.
    * Cincinnati, OH 8.20.2000 *
    * Cincinnati, OH 6.24.2006 *
    * Columbus, OH 5.6.2010 * Noblesville, IN 5.7.2010 *
    * East Troy, MI 9.4.2011 * East Troy, MI 9.5.2011 *
    * Pittsburgh, PA 10.11.2013 *
  • maybe they agreed but arent really behind it...and then dogfish head offered to donate that money to that cause that pearl jam supports. Very weird not even a mention from pearl jam
  • Internet age grassroots.
    "Mark it 20, Dude."
  • JV130312JV130312 Posts: 2,457
    all right people, heres the deal with DFH. GREAT, GREAT BREWERY! but being a microbrewery, they still cant meet demand on alot of their product. be patient with them.

for those discussing their IPAs, if you are looking for something more flavorful than the 90 minute, try the Squall. its pretty much their 90 minute, but unfiltered.

with regards to the Faithfull Ale, i assure you that distributors dont know half the time what they are getting from DFH, its just that hard to get with the demand and most reps to the distributors are spread thin as soon as they get something from Sam Calgione. seeing as they are re-releasing Bitches Brew and Hellhound, im sure they will make sure Faithfull Ale gets more than one run.

best of luck

na' zdravi!

A lot of times products like this are used as a reward by the wholesaler to retailers. Here's a hint: where ever you see the "most" and "best" line of Dogfish Head, those will be the places that most likely get the product. These are all pretty much pre-sold and mortgaged to the retailers by the wholesalers before the product hits the wholesaler. They are the ones that know how much is coming in and where exactly it is going and how much each retailer is getting...
    I Know All The Rules But The Rules Do Not Know Me.
  • mookeywrenchmookeywrench Posts: 5,867
    I think it's a matter of taste (no pun intended).

If Pearl Jam made it known or talked about it, It could seem more like Pearl Jam was using their name to sell beer versus a beer being created in the name of Pearl Jam.
    350x700px-LL-d2f49cb4_vinyl-needle-scu-e1356666258495.jpeg
  • JV130312JV130312 Posts: 2,457
    gndcd402 wrote:

Will probably cost more than that in Pennsylvania...
    I Know All The Rules But The Rules Do Not Know Me.
  • jrnycjrnyc Posts: 537
    120 minute IPA

You drank three 120 min IPAs? How many ounces were they? That stuff is like 20% alcohol, one 12 oz bottle of those is equivalent to 5 regular beers!! You must have been whacked! No wonder you had such a headache the next day! That stuff is like rocket fuel!

Also, 120 is not really a good beer to try if you have never had craft before. Have a 60 minute, that is a more normal beer and very good.
  • -Q--Q- Posts: 169
    a friend of mine works at a packy in Ma.and they are getting two bottles. one for him and one for me. that's all his wholesaler would send him (hopefully)
  • conmanconman Posts: 7,493
    -Q- wrote:
    a friend of mine works at a packy in Ma.and they are getting two bottles. one for him and one for me. that's all his wholesaler would send him (hopefully)
    just one huh?

will you drink it?
    For any of you current beer traders out there or soon to be traders, check out this video I made on beer traders, it is pretty funny!

http://www.xtranormal.com/watch/12535814/beer-traders
  • jrnyc wrote:
    120 minute IPA

You drank three 120 min IPAs? How many ounces were they? That stuff is like 20% alcohol, one 12 oz bottle of those is equivalent to 5 regular beers!! You must have been whacked! No wonder you had such a headache the next day! That stuff is like rocket fuel!

Also, 120 is not really a good beer to try if you have never had craft before. Have a 60 minute, that is a more normal beer and very good.
    Correction, I talked to my buddy who was havin the gig. We drank the 60 minute IPA......and it really was nasty shit!
  • jrnyc wrote:
    120 minute IPA

Correction, I talked to my buddy who was havin the gig. We drank the 60 minute IPA......and it really was nasty shit!

To each their own. I haven't been able to get a single friend into DFH or any other "not Bud Light" beer for a while now. They all look at me like I'm stupid for spending what I do on a few beers. "The cheap shit does the same thing, so why not just buy it?!" is what I hear more often than I would like to.
    * Cincinnati, OH 8.20.2000 *
    * Cincinnati, OH 6.24.2006 *
    * Columbus, OH 5.6.2010 * Noblesville, IN 5.7.2010 *
    * East Troy, MI 9.4.2011 * East Troy, MI 9.5.2011 *
    * Pittsburgh, PA 10.11.2013 *
  • RFTCRFTC Posts: 723
    jrnyc wrote:
    For any of you current beer traders out there or soon to be traders, check out this video I made on beer traders, it is pretty funny!

I FREAKIN LOVED IT! great job dude, i've done an extranormal vid before for work related parody. btw, i am a BA but do not actively trade. having said that, a fellow BA is moving out from San Diego to Houston and is bringing a haul that includes PTE, Alpine, Kern, Coronado, and Firestone Walker. I cant wait!!!
    San Diego Sports Arena - Oct 25, 2000
    MGM Grand - Jul 6, 2006
    Cox Arena - Jul 7, 2006
    New Orleans Jazz and Heritage Festival - May 1, 2010
    Alpine Valley Music Theater - Sep 3-4 2011
    Made In America, Philly - Sep 2, 2012
    EV, Houston - Nov 12-13, 2012
    Dallas-November 2013
    OKC-November 2013
    ACL 2-October 2014
    Fenway Night 1, August 2016
    Wrigley, Night 1 August 2018
    Fort Worth, Night 1 September 2023
    Fort Worth, Night 2 September 2023
    Austin, Night 1 September 2023
    Austin, Night 2 September 2023
    jrnyc wrote:
    120 minute IPA

gonna say...120 is a special

suprised you didn't like the 60 minute....
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
    edited October 2011
    RFTC wrote:
    jrnyc wrote:

I FREAKIN LOVED IT! great job dude, i've done an extranormal vid before for work related parody. btw, i am a BA but do not actively trade. having said that, a fellow BA is moving out from San Diego to Houston and is bringing a haul that includes PTE, Alpine, Kern, Coronado, and Firestone Walker. I cant wait!!!

Thanks!! It has gotten a great reaction on BA and I have seen it on other web sites and people are tweeting it! My 15 minutes of fame :)!

I trade with a guy in San Diego, they have awesome beer out there. I love Alpine Pure Hoppiness and of course PTE! I haven't had Kern or Coronado though. Also, Ballast Point Sculpin is fantastic as well as Green Flash WC IPA and Hop Head Red. Alesmith is good too.
    Post edited by jrnyc on
  • jamminpearlsjamminpearls Posts: 7,078
    Have family going to the brewery at 11am. Can't wait to get my hands on this!!!!
    Go Birds!!!!
  • Of The AggieOf The Aggie The ATX Posts: 1,528
    jrnyc wrote:
    120 minute IPA

If you are someone who regularly drinks only Bud, Miller, or Coors products then an IPA is going to be a shock to your system. If you are new to ales, I would start out with a blonde ale first, then move up to a pale ale, then after you've begun to really like those, then you move to IPAs.