Dogfish Head & PJ20

Comments

• shepshep Posts: 5,759
    Got 4!!!!

Great! You wouldn't want to sell one to a follow pearl jam and beer fan from the Netherlands?

I hate to be a debbie downer, but most shipping companies will not allow you to send liquids across customs/boarders. In fact, you're not supposed to ship liquids with them period, but you're much more likely to get away with it if you're not crossing customs/boarders because they don't inspect the contents with the same degree of scrutiny.

So even if someone is willing to send you one, I very much doubt it would make it to the Netherlands.

Also...and I don't know if anyone else has experienced this, but beer is never the same once it flies. Something happens to it with the increase in altitude/decrease in pressure that it is never the same on the other side....
    Houston, Texas... Believe it or not, there are 7 million people here... must be a couple of fans who'd love to see you play.
  • camaroscamaros Posts: 1,003
    scaled.php?tn=0&server=875&filename=y3cg.jpg&xsize=640&ysize=640

DAMMIT NO NECK LABEL!!!
    i like sound...
  • BinFrogBinFrog Posts: 7,309
    Any recommendations on the blonde or regular?

Try:

Leffe Blonde Ale
    Duvel (stronger, so try the Leffe or similar one first)
    Goose Island Blonde

for Pale ales:

Sierra Nevada
    Saranac
    Bright eyed kid: "Wow Typo Man, you're the best!"
    Typo Man: "Thanks kidz, but remembir, stay in skool!"
  • janvanderdamjanvanderdam Posts: 524
    edited October 2011
    It's possible to send beer to the Netherlands. As long as you state that the container it's in has collectible value and not the contents of the bottle.

And don't send with USPS. And label the shipping as yeast samples or collectible bottle.

And I have received beers before from other countries that where flown in. Nothing wrong with the taste of it.
    Post edited by janvanderdam on
  • BinFrog wrote:

Try:

Leffe Blonde Ale
    Goose Island Blonde

for Pale ales:

Sierra Nevada
    Saranac

Love Sierra Nevada......so I'm kinda one of the cool kids.
  • shepshep Posts: 5,759
    BinFrog wrote:

Try:

Leffe Blonde Ale
    Goose Island Blonde

for Pale ales:

Sierra Nevada
    Saranac

Duvel is a fantastic beer... wound up with one of their glasses after a tangly night... now i drink all my beers out of it.... :lol:
    Houston, Texas... Believe it or not, there are 7 million people here... must be a couple of fans who'd love to see you play.
  • RiverrunnerRiverrunner Posts: 2,419
    Just got back to the office after a lunch time visit to the liquor store in Paducah. While I was there the beer guy called his Dogfish Head rep and was told that he would get 1 case. I will get only 1 bottle because he has several "specialty beer guys" that spend on average $300 per month there. They only want and buy the specialty beers, which is why the rep is sending a case there - because this store sells a lot of DFH. Anyway, the beer guy said that if, by some chance, there is any left after his regulars get theirs then I can have some more. He also said it would be November before the distributor shipped him the case. So anyway, at least I am getting one - hopefully - fingers crossed - that something doesn't happen to spoil it.
    The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way it treats its animals. Ghandi
  • bigbiggzybigbiggzy Posts: 761
    Awesome to hear...still having a heck of a time locating it in NOVA. I've spoken w/two stores that will eventually get it, but they don't know when...
    bigbiggzy wrote:
    Awesome to hear...still having a heck of a time locating it in NOVA. I've spoken w/two stores that will eventually get it, but they don't know when...

Good luck. Maybe they will put you on a list to call when they get it. It sounds like the DFH specialty beers go really fast even without the PJ factor. I'm supposedly on the list, but I put a note on my calendar to be sure and call or go in at the beginning of November. I'm afraid the list will be lost or I will be forgotten.
    The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way it treats its animals. Ghandi
  • I'm on a waiting list in the philly burbs. 4 in front of me.
  • PorchsitterPorchsitter Posts: 1,069
    How quickly will the empty bottles end up on EBay? ;)
    We are the facilitators of our own creative evolution.--Bill Hicks
  • jamminpearlsjamminpearls Posts: 7,078
    Lol, i said the same thing to my buddy.
    Go Birds!!!!
  • How quickly will the empty bottles end up on EBay? ;)

Empty?? I fully expect FULL sealed bottles to be available, and if that's what it takes, I'm in.

Just check out auctions for Founders Canadian Breakfast Stout that was released in bottles for the first time this month.
    Lolla St. Louis 92, StL 98, Kansas City 98, Knoxville 98, StL 00, Kansas City 00, Oklahoma City 03, StL 03, Cleveland 03, Pittsburgh 03, Kansas City 03, Philly x 2 03, MSG x 2 03, StL 04, GR 06, Cleveland 06, Detroit 06, SF x 3 06, Portland, Gorge x 2 06, MSG x 2 08, Hartford 08, Mansfield x 2 08
  • 8181 Posts: 58,276

Empty?? I fully expect FULL sealed bottles to be available, and if that's what it takes, I'm in.

Just check out auctions for Founders Canadian Breakfast Stout that was released in bottles for the first time this month.

i like beer as much as the next guy, maybe more so, but 50-70 bucks for a single bottle...that's crazy talk.
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg

I wouldn't be surprised if these go for more then bitches brew did. I thought 65 for that was nuts this beer with this fan base :shock:
    Go Birds!!!!
    :shock:

dogfish head 120 is going for ~$20 for a 12oz bottle....

might have to stop and get some
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • PorchsitterPorchsitter Posts: 1,069

I wouldn't be surprised if these go for more then bitches brew did. I thought 65 for that was nuts this beer with this fan base :shock:

Good point.
    We are the facilitators of our own creative evolution.--Bill Hicks
  • Kel VarnsenKel Varnsen Posts: 1,951
    81 wrote:

i like beer as much as the next guy, maybe more so, but 50-70 bucks for a single bottle...that's crazy talk.

Seems a little strange, but no more strange than what people would pay for a similarly rare bottle of wine or scotch. I mean it is all supply and demand. I mean by comparison it almost seems less crazy than paying $400+ for a backpack with a couple of PJ20 logos on it.
  • I'm gonna go out on a limb and predict $100 bottles on ebay (full of course).

I would love to sit down and drink a Faithfull Ale, but they don't sell in my state and I'm not gonna bust my balls and/or wallet trying to get a beer because it says Pearl Jam on the wrapper. I'll just drink a regular old less than $12 beer and pretend... ;)

It IS a great souvenir though, great collectible... but just not worth the hassle and/or money.
    ABQ 93, Las Cruces 95, ABQ 98, Bridge School 10/30/99, Lubbock 00, ABQ 00, Denver 03, State College 03, San Diego 03, Vegas 03, PHX 03, D.C. 03, Camden 7/5/03, NYC 7/8/03 + 7/9/03, Vegas 06, San Francisco 7/15/06 + 7/16/06 + 7/18/06, Kansas City 10, EV:ABQ 11/6/12, Chicago 13, PHX 13, Denver 14--PJ24!, Telluride 16, Chicago 8/20/16, Chicago 8/18/18, Denver 20, Phoenix 20

New Mexico Pearl Jam Fans (New Mexico, USA) on Facebook!
    I'm gonna go out on a limb and predict $100 bottles on ebay (full of course).

I would love to sit down and drink a Faithfull Ale, but they don't sell in my state and I'm not gonna bust my balls and/or wallet trying to get a beer because it says Pearl Jam on the wrapper. I'll just drink a regular old less than $12 beer and pretend... ;)

It IS a great souvenir though, great collectible... but just not worth the hassle and/or money.

i'll send you an empty...free of charge....and you can fill the bottle with your fav brew. :P
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • BeerBaronBeerBaron Posts: 4,097
    If anyone pays $100 for a bottle on E Bay they are out of their mind...
    1996: Toronto 1998: Barrie 2000: Saratoga Springs 2003: Buffalo, Toronto 2005: Kitchener, London, Hamilton, Montreal, Ottawa, Toronto 2006: Toronto x2, Cleveland, Detroit, Pittsburgh, Cincinnati, Gorge #1 2007: London, Dusseldorf, Vic, Lolla 2008: WPB, Tampa, DC, MSG x2, Hartford, Boston x2, Beacon 2009: Toronto, Chicago x2, Seattle x2, LA #3&4, San Diego, Philly x4 2010: Cleveland, Buffalo, Hartford 2011: Montreal, Toronto x2, Hamilton 2012: Missoula 2013: London, Wrigley, Pittsburgh, Buffalo, Hartford, Dallas, OKC
    BeerBaron wrote:
    People pay hundreds and some times thousands for posters and vinyls. So 100 isn't far fetched if u look at what some of dogfish's other 750ml bottles have gone for. Crazy but i wouldn't be surprised at all to see it reach that level.
    Go Birds!!!!
  • dougfloyddougfloyd Posts: 2,580
    BeerBaron wrote:

I thought somebody already said that ebay only allows for the sale of empty bottles?
    1998 - Noblesville
    2000 - Noblesville
    2010 - Noblesville
    2011 - EV solo St Louis, PJ20 Alpine Valley
    2012 - San Fran (Oracle)
    2013 - Wrigley, Pittsburgh, Buffalo
    2014 - Cincy, St Louis, Detroit
    2016 - Lexington, Wrigley
    2018 - Wrigley
    2022 - Nashville, St Louis
    2024 - Noblesville, Wrigley
    I bought the Dogfish Head 750 ml. bottle of Black and Blue while at the liquor store today. Will probably try it this weekend. My store had a bunch of these and another kind (750ml) but I can't remember what it was. I guess with all this hub-bub over DFH I will have to try the various styles.
  • BeerBaron wrote:

And the people who pay $350 for a $30 backpack aren't? :lol::lol::lol:
    Member 164xxx

8/15/92, 9/28/96, 8/28/98, 8/29/98, 9/18/98, 8/3/00, 8/9/00, 8/10/00, 8/23/00, 8/25/00, 9/1/00, 9/2/00, 4/28/03, 6/18/03, 7/5/03, 7/6/03, 10/1/04, 10/3/05, 6/19/08, 10/27/09, 10/31/09, 5/21/10, 9/3/11, 9/4/11, 10/21/13

More to Come....
    dougfloyd wrote:
    BeerBaron wrote:

I thought somebody already said that ebay only allows for the sale of empty bottles?

go take a peak on ebay and see the wording of the ads. :lol:
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • Kel VarnsenKel Varnsen Posts: 1,951
    dougfloyd wrote:
    BeerBaron wrote:

I have seen bottles of other stuff like Sam Adams Utopias on ebay before. People just sell them as a sealed collectable bottles where the seller is not responsible for the contents.
  • dougfloyddougfloyd Posts: 2,580
    81 wrote:
    dougfloyd wrote:

go take a peak on ebay and see the wording of the ads. :lol:

Ah, I see, "contents are not intended for consumption" :lol: Yeah right. Well, I might be in the market for an unopened "collectible container" of Faithfull Ale if anyone has an extra ;)
    1998 - Noblesville
    2000 - Noblesville
    2010 - Noblesville
    2011 - EV solo St Louis, PJ20 Alpine Valley
    2012 - San Fran (Oracle)
    2013 - Wrigley, Pittsburgh, Buffalo
    2014 - Cincy, St Louis, Detroit
    2016 - Lexington, Wrigley
    2018 - Wrigley
    2022 - Nashville, St Louis
    2024 - Noblesville, Wrigley
  • I would trade my lost Dogs vinyl for a few bottles.
    I would trade my lost Dogs vinyl for a few bottles.

and so it begins. :shock:
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg