Options

Dogfish Head & PJ20

Comments

• Options
    8181 Needing a ride to Forest Hills and a ounce of weed. Please inquire within. Thanks. Or not. Posts: 58,276
    chromiam wrote:
    JV130312 wrote:
    So I think there's a chance I may be able to get anywhere from 1 to 24 bottles...lol. I know, a big range. I think I have a contact that will be able to get me at least a full case, possibly more, at least 5 bottles are spoken for if I can get that much to start with. I'd be more than happy to disperse the rest to members here on the site. The downside is it's going to be expensive on a per bottle basis. Could be anywhere from $15-$20 per 750ml bottle PLUS shipping. Pennsylvania has some bullshit taxes that make the beer prices in this state ridiculous! You can buy a case of beer AT RETAIL in Delaware or Jersey for cheaper than the wholesaler sells to the retailer in PA.

Let me know if you want one and I can try to get a list together in the event that I am lucky enough to get 12-24 bottles. Let's cross our fingers!! :ugeek:

I hope you are getting more than one case because a case of 750mL bottles consists of 12 bottles, not the normal 24- 12oz bottles.

yeah...but a case of twelve 750ml bottles is pretty much equal to a case of twenty four 12 oz bottles :lol:
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • Options
    Johnny AbruzzoJohnny Abruzzo Philly Posts: 10,518
    81 wrote:
    yeah...but a case of twelve 750ml bottles is pretty much equal to a case of twenty four 12 oz bottles :lol:

It's actually more. 750ml = 25+ oz.
    Spectrum 10/27/09; New Orleans JazzFest 5/1/10; Made in America 9/2/12; WF Center 10/21/13;
    WF Center 10/22/13; Baltimore Arena 10/27/13; WF Center 4/28/16; WF Center 4/29/16;
    Fenway Park 8/7/16; Fenway Park 9/2/18; SeaHearNow Asbury Park 9/18/21; Camden 9/14/22

Tres Mtns - TLA 3/23/11; EV - Tower Theatre 6/25/11; Temple of the Dog - Tower Theatre 11/5/16
  • Options
    chromiamchromiam Posts: 4,114
    81 wrote:

Correct. I was more talking about quantity to share rather than quantity to drink. But it's surprising how fast all that extra beer is consumed.
    This is your notice that there is a problem with your signature. Please remove it.

Admin

Social awareness does not equal political activism!

5/23/2011- An utter embarrassment... ticketing failures too many to list.
  • Options
    jrnycjrnyc Posts: 537
    Sam Calagione from DFH will be at Blind Tiger Ale House on October 19th at 6:10pm. In tow will be Faithfull!!!! Not only do you get to try Faithfull, you will drink it in the prescence of a craft beer legend!

From Blind Tiger Ale House:

I didn’t know I was on off-centered person until Sam Calagione told me back in 1996. I didn’t believe him at first. I explained how I’d traveled the world trying to find my navel, spending time in India (where most of my practice involved avoiding the water, only to be foiled by an ice cube), the Golden Triangle (the path to enlightenment there was illegal but didn’t give me dysentery), and the Far East (it’s almost impossible not to be present on five dollars a day, and yet somehow I managed it). Eventually, I had to admit he was probably right.
    “So what does being off-centered mean exactly?” I asked him.
    Sam smiled and said, “It means you never have to be embarrassed about anything you do. You’re out of whack and that’s okay.” To celebrate he proceeded to show me how extreme beers were actually quite sessionable for people like us. And it’s true, they are, for a while. I remember waking up in the fetal position staring at my navel. I had found it. Or as an Off-Centered Person would say, it had found me.
    Once I was part of Sam’s tribe, he began calling with suggestions. “I think we should carve out the insides of a hundred gourds and serve Punkin’ Beer in them at the Tiger.” Some of you older Tigerites might remember ducking during that event, which turned into the biggest, drunkest, food fight since Animal House. And it’s been like that ever since, for going on 15 years now.
    I bring this up because the Dalai Lama of Off-Centered People will be joining us next Weds, Oct 19th, at 6:10 pm (I’m guessing a centered person would arrive at 6) and he won’t be coming alone. What guru would travel without an entourage? There are four guests in particular that I’m looking forward to meeting: the just released Faithful, his tribute to Pearl Jam (2011 is the twentieth anniversary of their debut album “Ten”), a golden liquid that’s a cross between two of the band’s favorite things: pinot noir and beer. No wonder they’ve lasted so long. As well as his Wet Hop American Summer, made with 50 lbs of cascade hops flown in from Washington State. And Tweason’ale, his very off-center gluten-free beer made with strawberries, sorghum, and honey.
    Those four beers, along with the 120 Minute IPA, will be tapped at 6:30 so Sam can taste test them first. Also, he’ll be bringing some key chains that are also prison shivs - I can’t wait to see what we’re going to do with those after a bunch of ten percent beer - and the first 50 people who buy any of the 6:30 beers get them. The rest have to defend themselves with broken bottles...

The rest of the list:

60 Min
    90 Min
    120 Min
    Indian Brown Ale
    Sah’tea
    My Antonia
    Bitches Brew
    Black & Red
    Burton Baton ‘09
    Raison D’extra ‘05
    Tweason’ale
    Faithfull Ale
    Wet Hop American Summer
    75 Minute IPA Firkin
    Hell Hound on my Ale (Bottles)

Also, on Tues Oct 18th, at 6pm, we’ll be celebrating/commiserating and fundraising for record store Bob! We’ll be running a 50/50 raffle, which means the winner splits the pot with Bob! You can buy 1 ticket for $2 or 3 for $5. We’ll also be featuring some of Bob’s! favorite beers. Think big and malty. In honor of NYC Cider Week, which begins Monday, I’ll also be tapping a gravity cask of the hard cider I made on my farm in Vermont.

And the day before that, which would be Mon Oct 17th, beginning at 6:00 pm, we’re doing a collaboration beer dinner with our good friends at Perilla, just down the street. They’ve put together an 5 course menu priced at $95 per person. I chose the beers and will be there to talk you through your meal. Here’s the updated pairings:

Cheddar Beer Soup with toasted pumpernickel & sunflower seed praline paired with Lagunitas Little Sumpin’ Sumpin’, Wheat Pale Ale, Petaluma, CA (7.5% ABV)

Crispy Rock Shrimp Salad with chicken liver mousse, speck ham, mizuna, piquillo peppers & violet mustard paired with Hill Farmstead Edward, American Pale Ale, Greensboro Bend, Vermont (5.2% ABV)

Roasted Cod with pomegranate, brussels sprouts, almonds & kabocha squash sauce paired with Allagash Victor, Belgian Strong Pale Ale, Portland, Maine (9% ABV)

Ginger-Sassafras Braised Short Ribs with celery root, honey crisp apples & braised lacinato kale paired with Stone Sublimely Self Righteous, Black IPA, Escondido, California (8.7% ABV)

Malted Carrot Cake with raisin coulis, “snap” caramel & walnut ice cream paired with North Coast Old Stock Ale ’11, Old Ale, Fort Bragg, California (11.7% ABV)
  • Options
    8181 Needing a ride to Forest Hills and a ounce of weed. Please inquire within. Thanks. Or not. Posts: 58,276
    81 wrote:

that's why i went with pretty much and not equals ;):lol:
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • Options
    JV130312JV130312 STATE OF LOVE & TRUST Posts: 2,415
    chromiam wrote:
    JV130312 wrote:
    So I think there's a chance I may be able to get anywhere from 1 to 24 bottles...lol. I know, a big range. I think I have a contact that will be able to get me at least a full case, possibly more, at least 5 bottles are spoken for if I can get that much to start with. I'd be more than happy to disperse the rest to members here on the site. The downside is it's going to be expensive on a per bottle basis. Could be anywhere from $15-$20 per 750ml bottle PLUS shipping. Pennsylvania has some bullshit taxes that make the beer prices in this state ridiculous! You can buy a case of beer AT RETAIL in Delaware or Jersey for cheaper than the wholesaler sells to the retailer in PA.

Let me know if you want one and I can try to get a list together in the event that I am lucky enough to get 12-24 bottles. Let's cross our fingers!! :ugeek:

I hope you are getting more than one case because a case of 750mL bottles consists of 12 bottles, not the normal 24- 12oz bottles.

I know. I'm hoping for atleast a full case and possibly 2. That's why I broke it out in "bottles."
    I Know All The Rules But The Rules Do Not Know Me.
  • Options
    mauichickmauichick Posts: 964
    I have plans wed :(..will it be avail at the bar another night? thats a cool bar. We had fun hanging there post ifc
    jrnyc wrote:
    Sam Calagione from DFH will be at Blind Tiger Ale House on October 19th at 6:10pm. In tow will be Faithfull!!!! Not only do you get to try Faithfull, you will drink it in the prescence of a craft beer legend!

From Blind Tiger Ale House:

I didn’t know I was on off-centered person until Sam Calagione told me back in 1996. I didn’t believe him at first. I explained how I’d traveled the world trying to find my navel, spending time in India (where most of my practice involved avoiding the water, only to be foiled by an ice cube), the Golden Triangle (the path to enlightenment there was illegal but didn’t give me dysentery), and the Far East (it’s almost impossible not to be present on five dollars a day, and yet somehow I managed it). Eventually, I had to admit he was probably right.
    “So what does being off-centered mean exactly?” I asked him.
    Sam smiled and said, “It means you never have to be embarrassed about anything you do. You’re out of whack and that’s okay.” To celebrate he proceeded to show me how extreme beers were actually quite sessionable for people like us. And it’s true, they are, for a while. I remember waking up in the fetal position staring at my navel. I had found it. Or as an Off-Centered Person would say, it had found me.
    Once I was part of Sam’s tribe, he began calling with suggestions. “I think we should carve out the insides of a hundred gourds and serve Punkin’ Beer in them at the Tiger.” Some of you older Tigerites might remember ducking during that event, which turned into the biggest, drunkest, food fight since Animal House. And it’s been like that ever since, for going on 15 years now.
    I bring this up because the Dalai Lama of Off-Centered People will be joining us next Weds, Oct 19th, at 6:10 pm (I’m guessing a centered person would arrive at 6) and he won’t be coming alone. What guru would travel without an entourage? There are four guests in particular that I’m looking forward to meeting: the just released Faithful, his tribute to Pearl Jam (2011 is the twentieth anniversary of their debut album “Ten”), a golden liquid that’s a cross between two of the band’s favorite things: pinot noir and beer. No wonder they’ve lasted so long. As well as his Wet Hop American Summer, made with 50 lbs of cascade hops flown in from Washington State. And Tweason’ale, his very off-center gluten-free beer made with strawberries, sorghum, and honey.
    Those four beers, along with the 120 Minute IPA, will be tapped at 6:30 so Sam can taste test them first. Also, he’ll be bringing some key chains that are also prison shivs - I can’t wait to see what we’re going to do with those after a bunch of ten percent beer - and the first 50 people who buy any of the 6:30 beers get them. The rest have to defend themselves with broken bottles...

The rest of the list:

60 Min
    90 Min
    120 Min
    Indian Brown Ale
    Sah’tea
    My Antonia
    Bitches Brew
    Black & Red
    Burton Baton ‘09
    Raison D’extra ‘05
    Tweason’ale
    Faithfull Ale
    Wet Hop American Summer
    75 Minute IPA Firkin
    Hell Hound on my Ale (Bottles)

Also, on Tues Oct 18th, at 6pm, we’ll be celebrating/commiserating and fundraising for record store Bob! We’ll be running a 50/50 raffle, which means the winner splits the pot with Bob! You can buy 1 ticket for $2 or 3 for $5. We’ll also be featuring some of Bob’s! favorite beers. Think big and malty. In honor of NYC Cider Week, which begins Monday, I’ll also be tapping a gravity cask of the hard cider I made on my farm in Vermont.

And the day before that, which would be Mon Oct 17th, beginning at 6:00 pm, we’re doing a collaboration beer dinner with our good friends at Perilla, just down the street. They’ve put together an 5 course menu priced at $95 per person. I chose the beers and will be there to talk you through your meal. Here’s the updated pairings:

Cheddar Beer Soup with toasted pumpernickel & sunflower seed praline paired with Lagunitas Little Sumpin’ Sumpin’, Wheat Pale Ale, Petaluma, CA (7.5% ABV)

Crispy Rock Shrimp Salad with chicken liver mousse, speck ham, mizuna, piquillo peppers & violet mustard paired with Hill Farmstead Edward, American Pale Ale, Greensboro Bend, Vermont (5.2% ABV)

Roasted Cod with pomegranate, brussels sprouts, almonds & kabocha squash sauce paired with Allagash Victor, Belgian Strong Pale Ale, Portland, Maine (9% ABV)

Ginger-Sassafras Braised Short Ribs with celery root, honey crisp apples & braised lacinato kale paired with Stone Sublimely Self Righteous, Black IPA, Escondido, California (8.7% ABV)

Malted Carrot Cake with raisin coulis, “snap” caramel & walnut ice cream paired with North Coast Old Stock Ale ’11, Old Ale, Fort Bragg, California (11.7% ABV)
    '96 7 shows / '97 3 shows / '98 15 shows
    '00 12 shows / '03 4 shows / '06 6 shows
    '08 3 shows / '09 5 shows / '10 6 shows
  • Options
    jrnycjrnyc Posts: 537
    I gotta figure if it doesnt run out that night it will still be there until it does, Beyond that, who knows.
  • Options
    mauichickmauichick Posts: 964
    jrnyc wrote:
    I gotta figure if it doesnt run out that night it will still be there until it does, Beyond that, who knows.

Cool. Thx. May try to get there for one drink b4 i have to bail. Talked to the beer guy at whole foods tribeca and he said bunch of people had been asking him and hed try to get it in once its released
    '96 7 shows / '97 3 shows / '98 15 shows
    '00 12 shows / '03 4 shows / '06 6 shows
    '08 3 shows / '09 5 shows / '10 6 shows
  • Options
    mookeywrenchmookeywrench Posts: 5,770
    Captain_Obvious_evil_scientist_2.jpg
    350x700px-LL-d2f49cb4_vinyl-needle-scu-e1356666258495.jpeg
  • Options
    Captain_Obvious_evil_scientist_2.jpg

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:
    * Cincinnati, OH 8.20.2000 *
    * Cincinnati, OH 6.24.2006 *
    * Columbus, OH 5.6.2010 * Noblesville, IN 5.7.2010 *
    * East Troy, MI 9.4.2011 * East Troy, MI 9.5.2011 *
    * Pittsburgh, PA 10.11.2013 *
  • Options
    Hate to say this, but I tried my first DFH last night, drank three during the Bears game, Thought it tasted like absolute shit and my head is pounding today. Hope they brew up a tasty beer for the "faithful" ale......
  • Options
    CloneOfASonCloneOfASon Madison, WI Posts: 1,080
    Hate to say this, but I tried my first DFH last night, drank three during the Bears game, Thought it tasted like absolute shit and my head is pounding today. Hope they brew up a tasty beer for the "faithful" ale......
    Which one did you have?
  • Options
    GivenToLukinKPGivenToLukinKP Chicago Posts: 3,075

It tasted like absolute shit, but you drank 3 bottles? :wtf:
    Makes much more sense...

2011: East Troy, WI 1 & 2; Toronto ON 1 & 2; Hamilton ON
    2012: Berlin, Germany 1& 2; Stockholm Sweden; Oslo Norway; Copenhagen Denmark
    2013: Wrigley Field- Chicago, IL; Philadelphia, PA 1 & 2; Hartford, CT; Vancouver BC; Seattle, WA.
    2014: Cincinnati, OH; St. Louis, MO; Moline, IL; Milwaukee, WI
    2016: Wrigley Field- Chicago 1&2
  • Options
    Go BeaversGo Beavers Posts: 8,674

It depends on your palate, but a Belgian flavored with currants isn't going to be for everyone.
  • Options
    BinFrogBinFrog MA Posts: 7,292

Yikes. I have yet to have a bad DFH, and I've tried a lot of them.
    Bright eyed kid: "Wow Typo Man, you're the best!"
    Typo Man: "Thanks kidz, but remembir, stay in skool!"
  • Options
    PJ51390PJ51390 Atlanta Posts: 728

:lol::lol::lol:
  • Options
    Go Beavers wrote:

It depends on your palate, but a Belgian flavored with currants isn't going to be for everyone.
    Some of their brews definitely require a specific palate. Didn't care for Bitches Brew at all and felt really guilty dumping most of it out.
  • Options
    Go BeaversGo Beavers Posts: 8,674
    Go Beavers wrote:

Some of their brews definitely require a specific palate. Didn't care for Bitches Brew at all and felt really guilty dumping most of it out.

Dumped it out??!

--reported to mod--
  • Options
    Go Beavers wrote:

:o

only beer i've not been able to drink is pumkinghead....talk about nasty
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • Options

Wasn't gonna give up that easily! Some beers take a bottle to really get flowing for me, was hoping this was the case.....but it was not.
  • Options

Wasn't gonna give up that easily! Some beers take a bottle to really get flowing for me, was hoping this was the case.....but it was not.

But what KIND was it?

Inquiring minds want to know.
  • Options
    120 minute IPA
  • Options
    jamminpearlsjamminpearls Posts: 7,078
    Dogfish Punk is amazing!!! Not as good as last year but still damn good.
    Go Birds!!!!
  • Options
    120 minute IPA

Well there you go.

120 Minute IPA is a VERY strong IPA. It is a limited release beer, and unless you drank one that has aged for a couple of years, odds are it was very malty and not super hoppy. If you drink a "newer" one, it will not have reached its flavor potential.

Try a 60 or 90 minute IPA, or the Raison D'Etre.
  • Options
    "I really like some of the Pearl Jam songs I have heard like Black, Nothingman, Daughter and Who You Are. What should I try next?"

"Blood"
  • Options
    BinFrog wrote:
    120 minute IPA

Well there you go.

120 Minute IPA is a VERY strong IPA. It is a limited release beer, and unless you drank one that has aged for a couple of years, odds are it was very malty and not super hoppy. If you drink a "newer" one, it will not have reached its flavor potential.

Try a 60 or 90 minute IPA, or the Raison D'Etre.

60 and 90 are excellent. Wish I could still get them :cry::cry:
  • Options
    60 and 90 are excellent. Wish I could still get them :cry::cry:

it's a short drive down to IL. ;)
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • Options
    Staceb10Staceb10 Posts: 682
    So It's Mid-October.. anyone seen any of these in stores yet? or news on a date?
  • Options
    Staceb10 wrote:
    So It's Mid-October.. anyone seen any of these in stores yet? or news on a date?

sounds like late october now
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg