Dogfish Head & PJ20

Comments

• Go BeaversGo Beavers Posts: 8,946
    Have family going to the brewery at 11am. Can't wait to get my hands on this!!!!

Will you be my dad?
    jrnyc wrote:
    120 minute IPA

You drank three 120 min IPAs? How many ounces were they? That stuff is like 20% alcohol, one 12 oz bottle of those is equivalent to 5 regular beers!! You must have been whacked! No wonder you had such a headache the next day! That stuff is like rocket fuel!

Also, 120 is not really a good beer to try if you have never had craft before. Have a 60 minute, that is a more normal beer and very good.
    Correction, I talked to my buddy who was havin the gig. We drank the 60 minute IPA......and it really was nasty shit!

If you thought 60 minute was nasty you'll probably spat the Faithfull Ale across the room.
    jrnyc wrote:

You drank three 120 min IPAs? How many ounces were they? That stuff is like 20% alcohol, one 12 oz bottle of those is equivalent to 5 regular beers!! You must have been whacked! No wonder you had such a headache the next day! That stuff is like rocket fuel!

Also, 120 is not really a good beer to try if you have never had craft before. Have a 60 minute, that is a more normal beer and very good.
    Correction, I talked to my buddy who was havin the gig. We drank the 60 minute IPA......and it really was nasty shit!

To each their own. I haven't been able to get a single friend into DFH or any other "not Bud Light" beer for a while now. They all look at me like I'm stupid for spending what I do on a few beers. "The cheap shit does the same thing, so why not just buy it?!" is what I hear more often than I would like to.

Get some good beer around 7% and tell them that the urine they're drinking is around 4.3% and see if they can do the math.
  • So people are getting all psyched up that this is going on sale tomorrow and it's only going on sale in TWO PLACES and IN PERSON? I read some posts yesterday and just assumed there was like an on-line sale starting Weds at 11 (I know, I'm not sure what I was thinking with beer being sold online).
    So no one is really going to be able to find this, is what the website basically sounds like. They'd LIKE to sell it in the 27 states, but they probably won't. Can't wait to see what it goes for on ebay.
    ABQ 93, Las Cruces 95, ABQ 98, Bridge School 10/30/99, Lubbock 00, ABQ 00, Denver 03, State College 03, San Diego 03, Vegas 03, PHX 03, D.C. 03, Camden 7/5/03, NYC 7/8/03 + 7/9/03, Vegas 06, San Francisco 7/15/06 + 7/16/06 + 7/18/06, Kansas City 10, EV:ABQ 11/6/12, Chicago 13, PHX 13, Denver 14--PJ24!, Telluride 16, Chicago 8/20/16, Chicago 8/18/18, Denver 20, Phoenix 20

New Mexico Pearl Jam Fans (New Mexico, USA) on Facebook!
  • mookeywrenchmookeywrench Posts: 5,867
    So people are getting all psyched up that this is going on sale tomorrow and it's only going on sale in TWO PLACES and IN PERSON? I read some posts yesterday and just assumed there was like an on-line sale starting Weds at 11 (I know, I'm not sure what I was thinking with beer being sold online).
    So no one is really going to be able to find this, is what the website basically sounds like. They'd LIKE to sell it in the 27 states, but they probably won't. Can't wait to see what it goes for on ebay.

They said they start shipping to distributors tomorrow...and afer that it's out of there hands when it will actually show up. It'll be out there beyond two places...just not tomorrow.
    350x700px-LL-d2f49cb4_vinyl-needle-scu-e1356666258495.jpeg
    Here's a pretty amusing pre-release review from an excellent beer blog from Portland:

http://beervana.blogspot.com/2011/10/wrong-beer.html
  • Anyone can help me?

Can trade some nice stuff for the beer.
  • BinFrogBinFrog Posts: 7,309
    If you are someone who regularly drinks only Bud, Miller, or Coors products then an IPA is going to be a shock to your system. If you are new to ales, I would start out with a blonde ale first, then move up to a pale ale, then after you've begun to really like those, then you move to IPAs.

This.

If the 60 Minute was "nasty", then IPA's are not for you. 60 Minute is TAME compared to a lot of IPAs.
    Bright eyed kid: "Wow Typo Man, you're the best!"
    Typo Man: "Thanks kidz, but remembir, stay in skool!"
  • shepshep Posts: 5,759
    BinFrog wrote:
    If you are someone who regularly drinks only Bud, Miller, or Coors products then an IPA is going to be a shock to your system. If you are new to ales, I would start out with a blonde ale first, then move up to a pale ale, then after you've begun to really like those, then you move to IPAs.

This.

If the 60 Minute was "nasty", then IPA's are not for you. 60 Minute is TAME compared to a lot of IPAs.

this is definitely the truth. I regularly enjoy the 60, occassionally drink the 90 (on nights when I have time to take my time and enjoy the glass), and have had the 120... the 120 is a great drink.. when you can get it and have time to enjoy.

On a different note, I emailed DFH specifically about Texas and, for those interested, they have not received approval yet to sell the beverage in the state... so with the beer due to ship out today, I am highly doubtful I will get to try one... although I will check the main Spec's (about 2 miles from my house) Friday and Saturday to see if it does make it to Texas, despite this state's archaic beer laws....

Either way I'm going to crack open one of my Pumpkinators this weekend :D
    Houston, Texas... Believe it or not, there are 7 million people here... must be a couple of fans who'd love to see you play.
  • mbowersmbowers Posts: 109
    bought the first two pints of faithfull ale :) now on to rehobeth to get two more. and to think, my wife didn't think it would be worth a day off from work and a six hour drive...
    mbowers wrote:
    bought the first two pints of faithfull ale :) now on to rehobeth to get two more. and to think, my wife didn't think it would be worth a day off from work and a six hour drive...

That's dedication. Love it!
  • PhishNoCPhishNoC Posts: 325
    scaled.php?tn=0&server=875&filename=y3cg.jpg&xsize=640&ysize=640

Thing of beauty.
    Discarding all thought

PJ: 03/25/94, 08/15/00, 09/03/11, 09/04/11, 09/22/12, 09/30/12, 07/19/13, 11/15/13, 11/16/13, 10/03/14, 10/08/14, 10/14/14, 10/16/14, 10/17/14, 10/19/14, 10/20/14, 04/16/16, 04/18/16, 04/21/16, 04/26/16, 08/20/16, 08/22/16

EV: 06/20/09, 07/01/11, 11/18/12, 11/19/12, 11/21/12
  • Anyone can get me 1 or 2 bottles? I will pay for yours also. Anyone willing to help and ship 1 or 2 bottles to the Netherlands?
  • BinFrog wrote:

This.

I haven't had a Bud, Miller or Coors in years. I do however want my Beer to taste like BEER! Most of this flavored shit can go to the way side if you ask me. Give me a nice Grolsh, Rolling Rock or a Heineken and I'll be just fine.
    I certainly don't want my beer to taste like pumpkin, or cider for christ sake!!! So far the best "craft" beer (wanna be beer) has been Pranqster......
  • MayDay10MayDay10 Posts: 11,668
    Dogfish Head is great IMO. Just kind of got into it in the past year. I love their 60 minute and 90 minute. 120 Minute is great too if I feel daring. Those double IPA drinks floor me though.

I would really love to get my hands on this stuff.
  • janvanderdamjanvanderdam Posts: 524
    edited October 2011
    I will be in Miami in January. Already printed out the places where dogfish will be available so I can finally try the other dogfish beers.

I really hope to get some help in getting a few bottles of pearl jam beer to the Netherlands. Maybe I would even trade Lost Dogs vinyl for this beer.
    Post edited by janvanderdam on
  • Of The AggieOf The Aggie The ATX Posts: 1,528
    BinFrog wrote:

This.

I haven't had a Bud, Miller or Coors in years. I do however want my Beer to taste like BEER! Most of this flavored shit can go to the way side if you ask me. Give me a nice Grolsh, Rolling Rock or a Heineken and I'll be just fine.
    I certainly don't want my beer to taste like pumpkin, or cider for christ sake!!! So far the best "craft" beer (wanna be beer) has been Pranqster......

Grolsch, Rolling Rock or Heineken as well as your mainstream light beers are all lagers which are much lighter than ales. Lagers are typically what comes to mind when people talk about "tasting like beer". Everyone's palate is different and a lot of people like the "taste of beer". I personally like the complexity of ales especially the hoppy ones and the fruit-infused ones. I've never had Pranqster but in looking it up it's a Belgian Ale which are typically lighter and less hoppy than American pale ales so that's probably why you like it.

I absolutely love me some Heineken, Corona, or Lone Star every now and again, but I keep going back to craft beer for serious flavor.
  • dougfloyddougfloyd Posts: 2,580
    PhishNoC wrote:
    scaled.php?tn=0&server=875&filename=y3cg.jpg&xsize=640&ysize=640

Thing of beauty.

Nice! :thumbup: Still hoping I'm able to get one of these from somebody on here.
    1998 - Noblesville
    2000 - Noblesville
    2010 - Noblesville
    2011 - EV solo St Louis, PJ20 Alpine Valley
    2012 - San Fran (Oracle)
    2013 - Wrigley, Pittsburgh, Buffalo
    2014 - Cincy, St Louis, Detroit
    2016 - Lexington, Wrigley
    2018 - Wrigley
    2022 - Nashville, St Louis
    2024 - Noblesville, Wrigley
    Give me a nice Grolsh, Rolling Rock or a Heineken and I'll be just fine.

And this is why an IPA is not recommended for you.
  • BinFrog wrote:

But I want to be like all the cool kids and drink the "craft" beer! :lol:
  • 8181 Posts: 58,276
    BinFrog wrote:

try a porter
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
    BinFrog wrote:

lol
    BinFrog wrote:

In all seriousness, try another type of beer like a blonde ale or regular pale ale. Or maybe even a light wheat ale.

IPAs are very hoppy. They're not for everyone.
  • jamminpearlsjamminpearls Posts: 7,078
    Got 4!!!!
    Go Birds!!!!
  • fluff4ufluff4u Posts: 194
    Don't call me Lager, Not fit to.
  • And this is why an IPA is not recommended for you.[/quote]

But I want to be like all the cool kids and drink the "craft" beer! :lol:[/quote]

In all seriousness, try another type of beer like a blonde ale or regular pale ale. Or maybe even a light wheat ale.

IPAs are very hoppy. They're not for everyone.[/quote]

Any recommendations on the blonde or regular?
  • dougfloyddougfloyd Posts: 2,580
    Got 4!!!!

Congrats! Let's hear a taste review :D
    1998 - Noblesville
    2000 - Noblesville
    2010 - Noblesville
    2011 - EV solo St Louis, PJ20 Alpine Valley
    2012 - San Fran (Oracle)
    2013 - Wrigley, Pittsburgh, Buffalo
    2014 - Cincy, St Louis, Detroit
    2016 - Lexington, Wrigley
    2018 - Wrigley
    2022 - Nashville, St Louis
    2024 - Noblesville, Wrigley
  • pjsteelerfanpjsteelerfan Posts: 9,894
    Got 4!!!!

In a store by you, or did you drive to the Brewery?
    ...got a mind full of questions and a teacher in my soul...
  • Got 4!!!!

Great! You wouldn't want to sell one to a follow pearl jam and beer fan from the Netherlands?
  • jamminpearlsjamminpearls Posts: 7,078
    Got 4!!!!

In a store by you, or did you drive to the Brewery?
    Had family who lives near by grab me some. Not all are for me and i won't have them until Monday.
    Go Birds!!!!