Options

Dogfish Head & PJ20

Comments

• Options
    ComeToTXComeToTX Austin Posts: 7,594
    Checked Spec's in Austin on Friday with no luck. I'd love to get a bottle if anyone finds it.
    This show, another show, a show here and a show there.
  • Options
    demetriosdemetrios Canada Posts: 87,952
    So what's the good word? Will these be shipping to Atlantic Canada?
  • Options
    demetrios wrote:

unless someone hooks you up with some unfortunately not. won't be anywhere in Canada according to dogfish head. US exclusive. I just hope for all those who are able to purchase,that the stores give everyone a fair shot instead of just putting it away for regulars or friends.
  • Options
    demetrios wrote:

unless someone hooks you up with some unfortunately not. won't be anywhere in Canada according to dogfish head. US exclusive. I just hope for all those who are able to purchase,that the stores give everyone a fair shot instead of just putting it away for regulars or friends.

D'oh! Will have to try & find someone to send me a few of these up here. Never had booze shipped from the USA to CDN before. Any help on an 8 pack would be great!! ;)
  • Options
    Of The AggieOf The Aggie The ATX Posts: 1,494
    shep wrote:
    Update number 2 (and interesting local information) from the state of Texas:

I spoke with the Spec's public relations guy for craft brews in the state and found some weird info..

Apparently in the state of texas, in order to be sold at retail locations, all beers need to have a liquid sample sent to the liquor board for review and approval prior to selling... and said process normally takes about 2-3 weeks.

The relations guy informs me that normally with Dogfish Head limited release bevvy's, this means by the time the review process is complete, the brewery is sold out of the limited release, and thus rarely does anything special from DFH make it into their system....

The guy seemed very knowledgable about all of this... however something seems a little fishy (exuse the pun)... There is a local brewery in the city called St. Arnold's (actually the oldest craft brewer in Texas) that every now and then releases one of their limited release bevvy's called "Devine". The company has 13 different reciepes for "devine" and are constantly adding more... The release is so limited I've never actually scored a 6-pack, and I live on their beer.... so I find it odd that Devine gets sold all over the city, but DFH can't even get their's on the shelves... I'm guessing it has something to do with being brewed in the state, but that doesn't really make much sense to me cause beer is beer and the same laws for liquor control should apply across the board...

Anyway, after lunch phone call to the ditributor is going to be made next... and we'll see what comes out of that....

Texas has some of the most archaic alcohol laws ever. And ones that greatly benefit the middleman distributors. I wouldn't expect to find the Faithfull Ale anywhere in Texas. Every odd year in the fall I try like hell to find some Sam Adam's Utopias and the guys at Specs just laugh.
  • Options
    shepshep Houston Posts: 5,648
    demetrios wrote:
    demetrios wrote:

D'oh! Will have to try & find someone to send me a few of these up here. Never had booze shipped from the USA to CDN before. Any help on an 8 pack would be great!! ;)

D, I hate to be a total bummer, but you cannot ship anything liquid between US and Canada (going either way). If customs catches it, it will not go through. You can lie when they ask you "Does this contain a liquid" and take your chances, but I've had people try and send me some old sams rum from NL to Texas on several occassions and it has never made it.
    Houston, Texas... Believe it or not, there are 7 million people here... must be a couple of fans who'd love to see you play.
  • Options
    Go BeaversGo Beavers Posts: 8,669
    Here's a reply I got from a local store (in Oregon) that has a huge variety from all over:

"If it gets shipped over here we will definitely order it.

I have my doubts though. Dogfish is cutting back on their distribution. I
    think we have seen last of the 60 and 120 minute IPA's."

Doesn't sound that great for me.
  • Options
    shepshep Houston Posts: 5,648
    Texas has some of the most archaic alcohol laws ever. And ones that greatly benefit the middleman distributors. I wouldn't expect to find the Faithfull Ale anywhere in Texas. Every odd year in the fall I try like hell to find some Sam Adam's Utopias and the guys at Specs just laugh.

That doesn't surprise me at all... there are a lot of archaic laws still on the books in Texas...

It would shock some people to know that upon your release from prison you are still allowed to demand a horse and gun as long as you're out of town by sundown....

(that is not a joke, it is a law that is still on the books... though rarely exercised... :lol: )
    Houston, Texas... Believe it or not, there are 7 million people here... must be a couple of fans who'd love to see you play.
  • Options
    awilkinsawilkins Posts: 984
    P-Jam wrote:
    awilkins wrote:
    Any plans for Maine?
    It will probably find its way to Maine. What part are you from?
    Already reached out to the distributor via email, but haven't heard back yet...I'll keep you guys in the loop

Waterville, here...
    I live in Fredericton, NB, Canada but have a family camp in Kingfield, ME.
  • Options
    NoelMichaelNoelMichael Posts: 1,630
    Just went to my distributor to order a case, they told me they already ordered a few, waiting for them to come in. They'll gimme a call and make sure I get the first case. Cheers! :mrgreen:
    9-28-96 Randall’s Island NY; 9-01-00 Camden NJ; 7-05-03 Camden NJ; 10-01-04 Reading PA; 10-03-05 Philly PA; 5-27-06 Camden NJ; 5-28-06 Camden NJ; 6-19-08 Camden NJ; 6-20-08 Camden NJ; 6-24-08 NYC NY; 8-7-08 EV Newark, NJ; 6-11-09 EV Philly PA; 6-12-09 EV Philly PA; 10-27-09 Philly PA; 10-28-09 Philly PA; 10-30-09 Philly PA; 10-31-09 Philly PA; 5-15-10 Hartford CT; 5-18-10 Newark NJ; 5-21-10 NYC NY; 6-21-11 EV NYC NY; 6-22-11 EV NYC NY; 6-25-11 EV Philly PA; 7-1-11 EV StL MS; 9-3-11 E Troy WI; 9-4-11 E Troy WI
  • Options
    Mamasan23Mamasan23 Posts: 16,380
    RKCNDY wrote:
    Mamasan23 wrote:
    RKCNDY wrote:
    If I find it, I may be looking to unload a few bottles...

:wave:

:wave:

(gosh she sure is friendly...wonder why she's waving.... :? )

yes, I added you to teh list! :D

:lol: Many thanks!!!
    WI '98,  WI '99 (EV),  WI '00,  Chgo '00,  MO '00,  Champaign '03,  Chgo '03,  WI '03,  IN '03,  MI '04,  Chgo '06:N1 & 2,  WI '06,  Chgo '07,  Chgo '08 (EV:N1),  Chgo '09:N1 & 2,  Chgo '11 (EV:N1),  WI '11:N1 & 2,  Philly '12,  Wrigley '13,  Pitt '13,  Buff '13, Detroit '14, MKE '14, Wrigley '16: N1 & N2, Seattle '18 N2, Wrigley '18: N1 & N2, Fenway '18 N1, STL '22, St Paul '23 N2, Chgo '23: N1 & N2
  • Options
    cuseoscarcuseoscar Posts: 117
    Just went to my distributor to order a case, they told me they already ordered a few, waiting for them to come in. They'll gimme a call and make sure I get the first case. Cheers! :mrgreen:

Any word on when they are expecting it?
  • Options
    shep wrote:
    demetrios wrote:

D, I hate to be a total bummer, but you cannot ship anything liquid between US and Canada (going either way). If customs catches it, it will not go through. You can lie when they ask you "Does this contain a liquid" and take your chances, but I've had people try and send me some old sams rum from NL to Texas on several occassions and it has never made it.

Guess it'll be alright if they send a bottle or 2 with no booze inside. Just empty bottles. :(
  • Options
    dougfloyddougfloyd Fishers, IN Posts: 2,544

Congrats! How many does a "case" consist of with these since they are different size bottles, still 24?
    1998 - Noblesville
    2000 - Noblesville
    2010 - Noblesville
    2011 - EV solo St Louis, PJ20 Alpine Valley
    2012 - San Fran (Oracle)
    2013 - Wrigley, Pittsburgh, Buffalo
    2014 - Cincy, St Louis, Detroit
    2016 - Lexington, Wrigley
    2018 - Wrigley
    2022 - Nashville, St Louis
  • Options

Sweet Noel! :)
  • Options
    ST279453ST279453 Posts: 195
    Dogfish doesn't sell in my state. Could anybody get me some?
  • Options
    Anyone find in this in Ohio? Particularly Columbus or the Central Ohio area?
  • Options
    Good luck to all those searching.

I was told it will be on draft in Atlanta.
    "Mark it 20, Dude."
  • Options

I don't know about Columbus but I know a few spots in Cincinnati that should be getting it.
    * Cincinnati, OH 8.20.2000 *
    * Cincinnati, OH 6.24.2006 *
    * Columbus, OH 5.6.2010 * Noblesville, IN 5.7.2010 *
    * East Troy, MI 9.4.2011 * East Troy, MI 9.5.2011 *
    * Pittsburgh, PA 10.11.2013 *
  • Options
    8181 Needing a ride to Forest Hills and a ounce of weed. Please inquire within. Thanks. Or not. Posts: 58,276
    cuseoscar wrote:

Any word on when they are expecting it?

mid october....but i've not seen an exact date....
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • Options

I don't know about Columbus but I know a few spots in Cincinnati that should be getting it.

What have you found in Cincinnati? I'd be interested in heading down there to get some or splitting some with you if you have any extras to spare.
    1998 - Noblesville
    2000 - Noblesville
    2010 - Noblesville
    2012 - San Fran (Oracle)
    2018 - Wrigley
  • Options
    skere26skere26 Posts: 304
    My Pittsburgh bottle shop said "come back Thursday"
  • Options
    cuseoscarcuseoscar Posts: 117
    skere26 wrote:
    My Pittsburgh bottle shop said "come back Thursday"

The beer store by me said they'll get a case and deliveries are on Wednesday...sounds like I'm heading over there tomorrow.
  • Options
    I went to Woodman's yesterday looking for it. The lady said they should have Faithfull Ale in November.

I did get a bottle of 120 minute IPA though!
    Chicago-United Center 8/24/2009
    EV @ Chicago Theatre 6/29/2011
    PJ20 9/3/2011 - 9/4/11
  • Options
    Ive got 4 shops looking into special ordering it for me.
    Ill be getting a few cases if they can order it.
    I only want a 6 pack, so ill have some to share. If i get it.
  • Options
    Guitarhero27Guitarhero27 Posts: 2,146
    leadbedr10 wrote:
    Ive got 4 shops looking into special ordering it for me.
    Ill be getting a few cases if they can order it.
    I only want a 6 pack, so ill have some to share. If i get it.

With slim allocation for such high demand on all of their special releases, a few cases is highly unlikely for any one consumer to get on his own. As for a 6-pack, these are 750ml bottles, and are shipped as 12 bottles per case so there are no 6 packs as they are to be sold individually.
    9/29/96, 8/29/98, 9/8,11/98, 7/28/99, 8/23,24,25/00, 10/13/00, 4/15/03, 4/30/03, 7/8,9,12,14/03, 10/1/04, 9/30/05, 10/1/05, 5/4,5,13,27,28/06, 6/1,3/06, 6/19,20,22,24,25,27/08, 7/1/08, 8/4,5,7,16/08, 8/21/09, 10/27,28,30,31/09, 5/15,17,18,20,21/10, 9/2/12, 10/18,19,21,22,25/13
  • Options
    camaroscamaros Posts: 1,003
    seems like this will be VERY hard to find.... my local "good" beer spot asked his DFH dealer about it and he knew nothing of the release or distribution. If you have a "good" beer place near you try to get your name on a reserve list so you don't get shut out... supply may be VERY LIMITED...
    i like sound...
  • Options
    pjsteelerfanpjsteelerfan Maryland Posts: 9,884
    Wow. it looks like full on stalker and panic mode is now setting in over this. :lol:
    ...got a mind full of questions and a teacher in my soul...
  • Options
    Wow. it looks like full on stalker and panic mode is now setting in over this. :lol:

Would you expect anything else? :lol:
    1998 - Noblesville
    2000 - Noblesville
    2010 - Noblesville
    2012 - San Fran (Oracle)
    2018 - Wrigley
  • Options
    Dogfish has no idea how out of control this is going to get.......