Options

Dogfish Head & PJ20

Comments

• Options
    8181 Needing a ride to Forest Hills and a ounce of weed. Please inquire within. Thanks. Or not. Posts: 58,276
    Can we get a list of states dogfish head distributes to? I'd like to know If CT is on that list. I
    Think I've seen it in a liquor store before

there is a link in this thread someplace....i believe it's also on their website.

http://www.dogfish.com/brews-spirits/fish-finder.htm
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • Options
    PJ51390PJ51390 Atlanta Posts: 728
    Can we get a list of states dogfish head distributes to? I'd like to know If CT is on that list. I

Guess I was too slow...

• Options
    rick1zoo2rick1zoo2 between a rock and a dumb place Posts: 12,632
  • Options
    rick1zoo2 wrote:
    Is Dogfish the brewery in Delaware?

Yes, the Brewery and Bar are located in Delaware, if you're in the area take a tour. I heard it's well worth it.
    120XXX
  • Options
    Mamasan23Mamasan23 Posts: 16,380
    81 wrote:
    From Binny's Schaumburg.....to my question of trying to pre order a case.
    With most of the Dogfish Head products, we will probably only get one case. It is this store's policy that any limited releases are on a first come, first served basis with no holds. Depending on how much actually comes in there we may put a one or two bottle limit on it.

i'm going to see if i can get an email notification when it comes in....

i'll still be trying to buy it all. :lol:

You're gonna have to fight me for it.
    WI '98,  WI '99 (EV),  WI '00,  Chgo '00,  MO '00,  Champaign '03,  Chgo '03,  WI '03,  IN '03,  MI '04,  Chgo '06:N1 & 2,  WI '06,  Chgo '07,  Chgo '08 (EV:N1),  Chgo '09:N1 & 2,  Chgo '11 (EV:N1),  WI '11:N1 & 2,  Philly '12,  Wrigley '13,  Pitt '13,  Buff '13, Detroit '14, MKE '14, Wrigley '16: N1 & N2, Seattle '18 N2, Wrigley '18: N1 & N2, Fenway '18 N1, STL '22, St Paul '23 N2, Chgo '23: N1 & N2
  • Options
    8181 Needing a ride to Forest Hills and a ounce of weed. Please inquire within. Thanks. Or not. Posts: 58,276
    Mamasan23 wrote:
    81 wrote:
    From Binny's Schaumburg.....to my question of trying to pre order a case.
    With most of the Dogfish Head products, we will probably only get one case. It is this store's policy that any limited releases are on a first come, first served basis with no holds. Depending on how much actually comes in there we may put a one or two bottle limit on it.

i'm going to see if i can get an email notification when it comes in....

i'll still be trying to buy it all. :lol:

You're gonna have to fight me for it.

it's on. :lol:

if i get more than one and you get shut out...i'll hook you up.
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • Options
    dougfloyddougfloyd Fishers, IN Posts: 2,544
    You can't sell alcohol on ebay can you? After seeing the backpacks on there, I wonder what a bottle of this stuff would go for...
    1998 - Noblesville
    2000 - Noblesville
    2010 - Noblesville
    2011 - EV solo St Louis, PJ20 Alpine Valley
    2012 - San Fran (Oracle)
    2013 - Wrigley, Pittsburgh, Buffalo
    2014 - Cincy, St Louis, Detroit
    2016 - Lexington, Wrigley
    2018 - Wrigley
    2022 - Nashville, St Louis
  • Options
    Mamasan23Mamasan23 Posts: 16,380
    81 wrote:

it's on. :lol:

if i get more than one and you get shut out...i'll hook you up.

Alright, I'll do the same I guess :lol:
    dougfloyd wrote:
    You can't sell alcohol on ebay can you? After seeing the backpacks on there, I wonder what a bottle of this stuff would go for...

I don't think so but I seem to remember a bunch of people selling Four Loko on Craigslist when they took the caffeine out...
    WI '98,  WI '99 (EV),  WI '00,  Chgo '00,  MO '00,  Champaign '03,  Chgo '03,  WI '03,  IN '03,  MI '04,  Chgo '06:N1 & 2,  WI '06,  Chgo '07,  Chgo '08 (EV:N1),  Chgo '09:N1 & 2,  Chgo '11 (EV:N1),  WI '11:N1 & 2,  Philly '12,  Wrigley '13,  Pitt '13,  Buff '13, Detroit '14, MKE '14, Wrigley '16: N1 & N2, Seattle '18 N2, Wrigley '18: N1 & N2, Fenway '18 N1, STL '22, St Paul '23 N2, Chgo '23: N1 & N2
  • Options
    LloydXmasLloydXmas Posts: 7,539
    So I went to CT Beverage mart which is a small chain of stores here in CT. The CT ten club must have been calling all day because this dude was pissed when I brought it up. :mrgreen:

Apparently its probably gonna be scarce around these parts. He said he only got 4 bottles of the 120 minute ale when it came out. He said I'll be better off going on eBay and over paying for it.

1. I'll never go to that store again
    2. Nice work CT ten club!
  • Options
    pjhawkspjhawks Posts: 12,215
    not sure if anyone posted this but here is a link to a little story on the Huffington Post about Faithfull Ale

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2011/10/0 ... 99101.html
  • Options
    autumnautumn Posts: 191
    So I figured I would post this info. There is a local (Newark DE, where the University of Delaware is) craft beer bar called Two Stones Pub. They are having a special DFH night with Sam Calagione, the owner of DFH. Here is the info about what they're doing from the website:

"Have you heard? October 27th, Sam and the Dogfishhead group will be hanging out for the evening here at 2SP! We will be pouring 120 min, Bitches Brew, Hellhound and Sam's secret stash keg just to name a few. We will have a Randall Vs. Randall event- Dr. G will stuff his Randall and DFH guys will come up with their own recipe- let's see who wins."

I'm not sure, but the secret stash may be Faithfull Ale!

Here is a link to their beer menu if you are interested.

http://www.twostonespub.com/beer.php
  • Options
    P-Jam wrote:
    Speaking of Dogfish Head, anyone else try the 120 minute IPA out now? Talk about hops heaven...

I bought 2 bottles last Friday. Still waiting for a good occasion to drink one of them and the other one I'm going to age. I've never had a 120 before.
    * Cincinnati, OH 8.20.2000 *
    * Cincinnati, OH 6.24.2006 *
    * Columbus, OH 5.6.2010 * Noblesville, IN 5.7.2010 *
    * East Troy, MI 9.4.2011 * East Troy, MI 9.5.2011 *
    * Pittsburgh, PA 10.11.2013 *
  • Options
    Go BeaversGo Beavers Posts: 8,669
    dougfloyd wrote:

I've seen bottles on there, but apparently the seller needs to emphasize that the auction is for "the bottle only" and not what is inside.
  • Options
    I was at Green's in Atlanta talking about the Faithfull Ale beer and a guy from Alabama came in asking about it. He was looking for a friend.
    "Mark it 20, Dude."
  • Options
    curmudgeonesscurmudgeoness Brigadoon, foodie capital Posts: 3,280
    I stopped at my local Shoprite here in New Jersey -- no luck. They had a good stock of the 120 minute ale, the pumpkin stuff, about six different kinds in all. I picked up Raison D'Etre, it's not bad, and I'll check back again next week. No EBay for me, though; I'm interested in the beer, not the bottle.
    All those who seek to destroy the liberties of a democratic nation ought to know that war is the surest and shortest means to accomplish it.
  • Options
    PJRock75PJRock75 Posts: 868
    Cannot wait for this!!!
    "If you want a friend, feed any animal." - JA
    "Don't let it get you down, you know, still give your love, just give it away...I love singin' that part." - EV
  • Options
    I picked up Raison D'Etre, it's not bad

That's one of my favorites!
  • Options
    PJ73PJ73 Posts: 68
    81 wrote:

there is a link in this thread someplace....i believe it's also on their website.

Just an FYI - their website is not very accurate. According to it, there is no DFH beer within 25 miles of me, yet I was at my Whole Foods this afternoon and they have a pretty wide selection of their beer. I didn't get to ask if they expected to get any Faithfull soon.
  • Options
    P-JamP-Jam Posts: 807
    P-Jam wrote:
    Speaking of Dogfish Head, anyone else try the 120 minute IPA out now? Talk about hops heaven...

I bought 2 bottles last Friday. Still waiting for a good occasion to drink one of them and the other one I'm going to age. I've never had a 120 before.
    I've got 1 aging now... Pop it on a special day!
  • Options
    WM31482WM31482 New York, NY Posts: 563
    Are you even allowed to sell alcohol on eBay?
  • Options
    HorosHoros Posts: 4,518
    If anyone would kindly send me a couple of bottles it would be greatly appreciated.
    #FHP
  • Options
    Looks like Google is getting it's own Dogfish beer as well :roll:
    http://www.tomsguide.com/us/Beer-coffee ... 12804.html
  • Options
    If they have pint glasses I want one.

I'm ready to sample a taste.
    "Mark it 20, Dude."
  • Options
    P-Jam wrote:
    P-Jam wrote:

I've got 1 aging now... Pop it on a special day!

Why would you age it? Beer is best the more fresh that it is. Drink it, recap it with water, or never plan on drinking it. It isn't wine.
  • Options
    Why would you age it? Beer is best the more fresh that it is. Drink it, recap it with water, or never plan on drinking it. It isn't wine.

The piss water that passes for "beer" for most people has to be consumed almost freezing cold and right away for best taste but the good stuff with high alcohol content is almost like wine. Some of it (depending on style) ages quite well. I have a few that I plan on aging around two years to see if they mellow nicely.
  • Options
    Tenzing N. wrote:

The piss water that passes for "beer" for most people has to be consumed almost freezing cold and right away for best taste but the good stuff with high alcohol content is almost like wine. Some of it (depending on style) ages quite well. I have a few that I plan on aging around two years to see if they mellow nicely.

I never thought I would do something like aging beer, but once I finally realized that Budweiser isn't the best beer out there I changed my tune. I did a lot of reading on a lot of different sites. I just started aging a few beers just a couple weeks ago. I plan on cracking them when they are one year old. Who knows what will happen then, maybe good, maybe not but I think it's fun to try it out.

From what I've read though is that 8% ABV is about the minimum to do an aging, and the Faithful Ale is only 7% so that might not work very well. Although DFH's Punkin' is 7% as well and everything I've read says it ages very well.
  • Options
    cbrunelle783cbrunelle783 Posts: 1,025
    Dogfish Head pulled out of RI last March, does anyone know if they sell it in Mass or NH? I'm going up there this weekend and might take a look if someone lets me know. Thanks.
    Boston 5/17/10
    Tres Mts. 3/27/11
    EV Solo:Providence 6/15/11 Boston 6/16/11 Hartford 6/18/11
    PJ20 9/3/11-9/4/11

Concert Wishlist: I am Mine, Marker in the Sand, Parachutes, In Hiding, All Those Yesterdays, I Got Shit, Long Road, Light Years
  • Options
    mookeywrenchmookeywrench Posts: 5,770
    per the website, it's a mid october release...it's not out yet anywhere
    350x700px-LL-d2f49cb4_vinyl-needle-scu-e1356666258495.jpeg
  • Options
    camaroscamaros Posts: 1,003
    RE85893 wrote:

that was the funniest thing I've read in a while....
    Ya just gotta do a little research before plopping down "facts" though.... but I can see why most people think that you can't age beer. It's all about residual yeast and sugars that keep the fermentaion process going after its been bottled... DFH 120 minute is a different beast that many other beers out there and is ageable for a couple years. DFH 90 however is NOT, the 90 will be grossly oxidized and taste sorta metallic after 2-3 months on the shelf. There are dates lasered onto the neck of the DFH and many other brewery's bottles... Do yourselves a favor and start checking your beers.
    Read this if you're interested (or don't believe me):
    http://www.nytimes.com/2006/12/12/trave ... 69278.html

P.S. Not all wines are ageable either...
    i like sound...
  • Options
    EL177913EL177913 Posts: 220
    Dogfish Head pulled out of RI last March, does anyone know if they sell it in Mass or NH? I'm going up there this weekend and might take a look if someone lets me know. Thanks.

They do sell it in Mass. I put a request in at one of the places I go to a few days ago.
    1992: 8/7 Mansfield MA
    2000: 8/29 Mansfield MA
    2004: 9/28+29 Boston MA, 10/1 Reading PA, 10/6 Asheville NC, 10/8 Kissimmee FL
    2005: 9/15 Montreal, 9/16 Ottawa,ON 9/22 Halifax Nova Scotia, p9/24+25 St Johns, Newfoundland
    2006: 5/12 Albany NY, 5/13 Hartford CT, 5/24+ 25 Boston MA, 5/27+28 Camden NJ
    2008: 6/28+30 Mansfield MA, 8/2 EV Boston MA
    2009: 10/30+ 31 Philly
    2010: 5/15 Hartford CT, 5/17 Boston MA
    2011: 9/3+4 PJ20, Alpine Valley WI, 6/15 EV Providence RI, 6/16 EV Boston MA
    2013: 7/19 Chicago, 10/15+16 Worcester MA, 10/25 Hartford CT
    2014: 10/19 St Paul MN
    2016: (5/1+2 MSG, 8/5+7 Fenway)