Options

Dogfish Head & PJ20

Comments

• Options
    jimed14jimed14 Posts: 9,488
    jimed14 wrote:
    Next step ... having Marq Spusta do a print for this, much like he did for HELLHOUND

http://www.marqspusta.com/products/robe ... ale-print/

Already sent him a note. :D

If you haven't seen his "Brew Goddess" poster series for the DFH seasonals ... you're missing out, they are gorgeous.

http://www.expressobeans.com/public/sea ... ew&class=0

Spusta was the first thought that came to my mind. Well, second thought - beer taste and alcohol volume was first thought.

Spoke with Marq yesterday ... he said all it would probably take is note from him to Sam to make it happen ... but, Marq is buried in work, so, it looks doubtful.

Convo went something like this ...

Me: Marq, you gotta do a faithful ale print, what would it take?
    Marq: Probably just a note to Sam, but, I just don't have the time.
    Me: Aw, c'mon, this would be fantastic!
    Marq: I know, but I just have too many projects on my plate right now.
    Marq's wife: Yah, c'mon, give Sam a call, this would be great.
    Marq: Wait, I'm the one who has to draw this, not you.

:lol:

A cool note, Marq just got married and Sam provided the wedding with all the DFH they could drink.

If you want to get a movement going for a poster for Faithful Ale ... there's a note from me on the Spusta Studio Facebook page ... feel free to chime in and 'pressure' Marq to make a print! :D

https://www.facebook.com/permalink.php? ... 6591601819
    "You're one of the few Red Sox fans I don't mind." - Newch91

"I don't believe in damn curses. Wake up the damn Bambino and have me face him. Maybe I'll drill him in the ass." --- Pedro Martinez
  • Options
    Very cool!
    "Mark it 20, Dude."
  • Options
    Mikee JMikee J Posts: 1,323
    Won't be available in europe.. I asked via twitter :(
    "My body's nobody's body but mine"
  • Options
    jrnycjrnyc Posts: 537
    http://beeradvocate.com/forum/read/4124614

Milton, DE (October 2011) - Dogfish Head Craft Brewery is proud to announce the mid-October release of Faithfull Ale.

Faithfull Ale is a celebration of Pearl Jam’s 20th anniversary as a band and its extraordinary debut album, “Ten.” In recognition of these milestones, this Belgian-style golden ale is delicately hopped to 20 IBUs and fruit-forward from 10 incremental additions of black currants over a one-hour boil. Faithfull will clock in at 7% ABV.

“To me, ‘Ten’ is the perfect example of a record-lover’s-record. The whole thing rocks,” says Dogfish Head President & Founder Sam Calagione. “As an off-centered brewery, we believe in celebrating the breadth of our whole portfolio and we feel an affinity for Pearl Jam – a long-player band in a singles-obsessed world.”

Dogfish Head also finds inspiration in Pearl Jam’s ethics, community-building and commitment to putting music before commerce. In recognition of this refreshing approach, Dogfish is donating $20,000 to The Nature Conservancy to aide in its efforts to preserve the plants, animals and natural communities that represent the diversity of life on Earth.

Dogfish Head is also rereleasing its previous collaborations with Sony Legacy: the Miles Davis-inspired Bitches Brew and the Robert Johnson shoutout Hellhound on My Ale. All three collaborations will be available this month in 750-ml bottles and on draft.

We plan to send Faithfull Ale to all states in which we currently do business, pending each state's approval.
  • Options
    RKCNDYRKCNDY Seattle, WA Posts: 31,013
    I went to a wine store yesterday in search of it. The owner laughed saying Dogfish Head limits their distribution greatly. She made it sound like it was almost impossible to get/order any. :(

I told her their website said that another wine store, Haggen and Albertson's carried their products, so she got on the phone with someone and left a message. She told me if she can find it, I have to buy a case of it. Told her I don't care, I'm sure I would be able to get rid of it.

If I find it, I may be looking to unload a few bottles...
    The joy of life comes from our encounters with new experiences, and hence there is no greater joy than to have an endlessly changing horizon, for each day to have a new and different sun.

- Christopher McCandless
  • Options
    RKCNDY wrote:
    I went to a wine store yesterday in search of it. The owner laughed saying Dogfish Head limits their distribution greatly. She made it sound like it was almost impossible to get/order any. :(

I told her their website said that another wine store, Haggen and Albertson's carried their products, so she got on the phone with someone and left a message. She told me if she can find it, I have to buy a case of it. Told her I don't care, I'm sure I would be able to get rid of it.

If you get a case, I'll take at least one from you...so sign me up first on the list. I'm just down in Vancouver, WA.
    1996: Seattle, WA.
    1997: Oakland, CA - (Rolling Stones)
    1998: Portland, OR. & Seattle, WA.
    2009: Portland, OR.
    2011: East Troy, WI. 1 & 2 - PJ20 & Portland, OR. - Ed Solo
    2012: Dallas, TX. - Ed Solo
    2013: Dallas, TX. Oklahoma City, OK. & Portland, OR.
    2014: Tulsa, OK
    2015: Seattle WA. - Mad Season
    2016: Ft. Lauderdale, FL. Miami, FL. & Chicago, IL - Wrigley 1
    2017: Dana Point - Ohana Fest - Ed Solo
    2018: Seattle WA. 1 & 2 - Safeco
    2021: Dana Point - Ohana Fest 1st Weekend & Night 1 & 2 - Ed Solo,
    2022: Louisville, St Louis
  • Options
    dougfloyddougfloyd Fishers, IN Posts: 2,544
    RKCNDY wrote:

If you are able to get a whole case, you will be VERY popular on here :lol: I've been searching online for places that can special order it and ship it since they don't distribute here but haven't had any luck yet. I'm going to Florida later this month for vacation, I'm trying to find a liquor store down there that might be able to order some.
    1998 - Noblesville
    2000 - Noblesville
    2010 - Noblesville
    2011 - EV solo St Louis, PJ20 Alpine Valley
    2012 - San Fran (Oracle)
    2013 - Wrigley, Pittsburgh, Buffalo
    2014 - Cincy, St Louis, Detroit
    2016 - Lexington, Wrigley
    2018 - Wrigley
    2022 - Nashville, St Louis
  • Options
    JV130312JV130312 STATE OF LOVE & TRUST Posts: 2,415
    I'm going to try to score a couple/few cases. If I do, I'll post up and let y'all know...
    I Know All The Rules But The Rules Do Not Know Me.
  • Options
    dougfloyd wrote:
    RKCNDY wrote:

If you are able to get a whole case, you will be VERY popular on here :lol: I've been searching online for places that can special order it and ship it since they don't distribute here but haven't had any luck yet. I'm going to Florida later this month for vacation, I'm trying to find a liquor store down there that might be able to order some.

Beer has finicky laws on a state by state basis. A lot of time, if the beer is not registered in the state that it is being purchased, it can't be shipped there.
  • Options
    8181 Needing a ride to Forest Hills and a ounce of weed. Please inquire within. Thanks. Or not. Posts: 58,276
    RKCNDY wrote:

Hey buuuuuudddy
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • Options
    Anyone know the actual release date?
  • Options
    JV130312 wrote:

Beer has finicky laws on a state by state basis. A lot of time, if the beer is not registered in the state that it is being purchased, it can't be shipped there.

Yep, but I've found some places online that will ship beer but just haven't heard back if they will have any of the Faithfull Ale. I'm guessing they probably won't. I've had other beer shipped to my house before, never had any problems except having to sign for it (and 1 time I had a couple bottles break in shipping :evil: )
    1998 - Noblesville
    2000 - Noblesville
    2010 - Noblesville
    2012 - San Fran (Oracle)
    2018 - Wrigley
  • Options
    awilkinsawilkins Posts: 984
    Any plans for Maine?
  • Options
    wolfbearwolfbear Posts: 3,965
    RKCNDY wrote:

I'm in for sure! :) You can bring it up when you come for dove! :lol:
    "I'd rather be with an animal." "Those that can be trusted can change their mind." "The in between is mine." "If I don't lose control, explore and not explode, a preternatural other plane with the power to maintain." "Yeh this is living." "Life is what you make it."
  • Options
    81 wrote:
    Hey buuuuuudddy

I will need to see some ID from you smoking baby... :lol:

...and yes Disco and woflbear, you are on the list if I am able to get a case...wonder if I should get 2... :?
    The joy of life comes from our encounters with new experiences, and hence there is no greater joy than to have an endlessly changing horizon, for each day to have a new and different sun.

- Christopher McCandless
  • Options
    pj23yankspj23yanks Posts: 262
    Corporate sell outs!
    98: East Rutherford
    00: Saratoga Springs
    03: Albany, Uniondale, DC, MSG I & II, Holmdel
    04: Boston I
    05: Montreal, Ottawa, Toronto, Pittsburgh
    06: Toronto I & II, Hartford, Chicago I, Cleveland, Boston I & II, Philly I & II, DC, Milwaukee I, Vegas
    07: Lollapalooza
    08: Philly I, DC, MSG I & II
    09: Chicago I & II, LA III & IV, Philly I, II & IV
    10: St. Louis, Columbus, Buffalo, DC, Hartford, Boston
    11: PJ20 I & II, Montreal, Toronto I & II, Ottawa, Hamilton, Winnipeg, Calgary, Edmonton, Vancouver, Sao Paulo I & II, Rio, Costa Rica, Mexico City
    12: Berlin I & II, Stockholm, Oslo, Copenhagen, Philly, Pensacola
    13: Chicago, Worcester I & II, Brooklyn II, Philly I & II, Hartford, Baltimore, Charlotte, Phoenix, San Diego, LA II, Oakland, Vancouver
    14: Milan, Trieste, Cincinnati, Austin I, Memphis, St Paul, Denver, Bridge School II
    15: NYC, Bogota, Mexico City
    16: Miami, Tampa, Hampton, NYC I & II, Quebec, Toronto I, Fenway II, Wrigley II
    18: Barcelona, Madrid, Seattle I, Boston I & II
    22: Glendale, Oakland I, Sacramento, Toronto, Quebec, Hamilton, MSG, Camden, Nashville, Denver, Amsterdam I, Zurich, Vienna, Prague
  • Options
    RKCNDY wrote:
    81 wrote:
    Hey buuuuuudddy

...and yes Disco and woflbear, you are on the list if I am able to get a case...wonder if I should get 2... :?

Add me to that list too? :-) I say if you can get your hands on two cases go for it. It won't be hard to unload the extras at all.
    * Cincinnati, OH 8.20.2000 *
    * Cincinnati, OH 6.24.2006 *
    * Columbus, OH 5.6.2010 * Noblesville, IN 5.7.2010 *
    * East Troy, MI 9.4.2011 * East Troy, MI 9.5.2011 *
    * Pittsburgh, PA 10.11.2013 *
  • Options
    wolfbearwolfbear Posts: 3,965
    RKCNDY wrote:
    81 wrote:
    Hey buuuuuudddy

Add me to that list too? :-) I say if you can get your hands on two cases go for it. It won't be hard to unload the extras at all.
    I agree! Let me know if you want some up front cash! I'll send it asap.... :lol:
    "I'd rather be with an animal." "Those that can be trusted can change their mind." "The in between is mine." "If I don't lose control, explore and not explode, a preternatural other plane with the power to maintain." "Yeh this is living." "Life is what you make it."
  • Options
    P-JamP-Jam Posts: 807
    awilkins wrote:
    Any plans for Maine?
    It will probably find its way to Maine. What part are you from?
  • Options
    P-Jam wrote:
    awilkins wrote:
    Any plans for Maine?
    It will probably find its way to Maine. What part are you from?
    Already reached out to the distributor via email, but haven't heard back yet...I'll keep you guys in the loop

Waterville, here...
  • Options
    megatronmegatron Posts: 3,420
    dougfloyd wrote:
    RKCNDY wrote:

i live in florida i'll let ya know if i hear anything..let me know the same. 8-)
  • Options
    shepshep Houston Posts: 5,652
    As an avid craft beer drinker (well actually well above avid, probably more like obsessive) and a big PJ fan, I've been avoiding this thread like the plague.... because well, the last thing I need is a 7% alcohol, craft brewed - PJ orientated beer in my life.... I will become an alcoholic (right now I'm just borderline)...

But reading the last few pages of this thread... I'm going to have to find me some.... The quest begins in Houston... I know that it is distributed here (it is available in my local supermarket and my 3 most frequented bars have 60 and 90 minute IPA on tap, as well as now Pumpkin...)

I'll start digging today and see what I can find... If I get lucky and find a stash here in Houston I will probably purchase a few cases and see if I can help some people out...
    Houston, Texas... Believe it or not, there are 7 million people here... must be a couple of fans who'd love to see you play.
  • Options
    shep wrote:
    As an avid craft beer drinker (well actually well above avid, probably more like obsessive) and a big PJ fan, I've been avoiding this thread like the plague.... because well, the last thing I need is a 7% alcohol, craft brewed - PJ orientated beer in my life.... I will become an alcoholic (right now I'm just borderline)...

But reading the last few pages of this thread... I'm going to have to find me some.... The quest begins in Houston... I know that it is distributed here (it is available in my local supermarket and my 3 most frequented bars have 60 and 90 minute IPA on tap, as well as now Pumpkin...)

I'll start digging today and see what I can find... If I get lucky and find a stash here in Houston I will probably purchase a few cases and see if I can help some people out...

Wow.... great start to my search....

From the dogfish head "fish finder" page:
    Sorry Texans, we've been informed by the Texas Alcohol Beverage Commission that it is illegal to list retail outlets in the Lone Star State on our Fish Finder. Even though we continue to sell Dogfish beers in Texas, we cannot tell you where. So sorry - cheers.
    Houston, Texas... Believe it or not, there are 7 million people here... must be a couple of fans who'd love to see you play.
  • Options
    shep wrote:

Wow.... great start to my search....

From the dogfish head "fish finder" page:
    Sorry Texans, we've been informed by the Texas Alcohol Beverage Commission that it is illegal to list retail outlets in the Lone Star State on our Fish Finder. Even though we continue to sell Dogfish beers in Texas, we cannot tell you where. So sorry - cheers.

Ouch. What the heck kind of law is that??
    1998 - Noblesville
    2000 - Noblesville
    2010 - Noblesville
    2012 - San Fran (Oracle)
    2018 - Wrigley
  • Options
    dougfloyd wrote:

After reading up on it a little bit... basically it sounds like a bastard law put in place at the request of the giant brewers (Coors, Bud, Miller, etc) to help them keep the beer market under their thumbs... sounds like utter BS to me....

Fortunately though, the big locally owned liquor retailer around here (Spec's Liquors) carries dogfish, so I'm going to give them a call here shortly...

Also, the law doesn't stop them from listing the Texas distributors... so I have their information and I'm going to give them a call shortly too...
  • Options
    shep wrote:
    dougfloyd wrote:

After reading up on it a little bit... basically it sounds like a bastard law put in place at the request of the giant brewers (Coors, Bud, Miller, etc) to help them keep the beer market under their thumbs... sounds like utter BS to me....

Fortunately though, the big locally owned liquor retailer around here (Spec's Liquors) carries dogfish, so I'm going to give them a call here shortly...

Also, the law doesn't stop them from listing the Texas distributors... so I have their information and I'm going to give them a call shortly too...

Good luck on your search!
    1998 - Noblesville
    2000 - Noblesville
    2010 - Noblesville
    2012 - San Fran (Oracle)
    2018 - Wrigley
  • Options
    Mamasan23Mamasan23 Posts: 16,380
    RKCNDY wrote:

:wave:
    WI '98,  WI '99 (EV),  WI '00,  Chgo '00,  MO '00,  Champaign '03,  Chgo '03,  WI '03,  IN '03,  MI '04,  Chgo '06:N1 & 2,  WI '06,  Chgo '07,  Chgo '08 (EV:N1),  Chgo '09:N1 & 2,  Chgo '11 (EV:N1),  WI '11:N1 & 2,  Philly '12,  Wrigley '13,  Pitt '13,  Buff '13, Detroit '14, MKE '14, Wrigley '16: N1 & N2, Seattle '18 N2, Wrigley '18: N1 & N2, Fenway '18 N1, STL '22, St Paul '23 N2, Chgo '23: N1 & N2
  • Options
    Mamasan23 wrote:
    RKCNDY wrote:

(gosh she sure is friendly...wonder why she's waving.... :? )

yes, I added you to teh list! :D

- Christopher McCandless
  • Options
    Update number 2 (and interesting local information) from the state of Texas:

I spoke with the Spec's public relations guy for craft brews in the state and found some weird info..

Apparently in the state of texas, in order to be sold at retail locations, all beers need to have a liquid sample sent to the liquor board for review and approval prior to selling... and said process normally takes about 2-3 weeks.

The relations guy informs me that normally with Dogfish Head limited release bevvy's, this means by the time the review process is complete, the brewery is sold out of the limited release, and thus rarely does anything special from DFH make it into their system....

The guy seemed very knowledgable about all of this... however something seems a little fishy (exuse the pun)... There is a local brewery in the city called St. Arnold's (actually the oldest craft brewer in Texas) that every now and then releases one of their limited release bevvy's called "Devine". The company has 13 different reciepes for "devine" and are constantly adding more... The release is so limited I've never actually scored a 6-pack, and I live on their beer.... so I find it odd that Devine gets sold all over the city, but DFH can't even get their's on the shelves... I'm guessing it has something to do with being brewed in the state, but that doesn't really make much sense to me cause beer is beer and the same laws for liquor control should apply across the board...

Anyway, after lunch phone call to the ditributor is going to be made next... and we'll see what comes out of that....
  • Options
    RKCNDY wrote:
    Mamasan23 wrote:
    RKCNDY wrote:

(gosh she sure is friendly...wonder why she's waving.... :? )

yes, I added you to teh list! :D

cheers.gif I think this one is more appropriate. Are you passing around a sign up sheet for this list? You're like Santos with the white Backspacers, lol.
    1998 - Noblesville
    2000 - Noblesville
    2010 - Noblesville
    2012 - San Fran (Oracle)
    2018 - Wrigley