Options

Dogfish Head & PJ20

Comments

• Options
    dougfloyddougfloyd Fishers, IN Posts: 2,544
    pjradio wrote:
    my buddy also says his distributor told him "Possible" PJ20 Pint Glasses as well!...that would be sweet!

What?? That would be great!
    1998 - Noblesville
    2000 - Noblesville
    2010 - Noblesville
    2011 - EV solo St Louis, PJ20 Alpine Valley
    2012 - San Fran (Oracle)
    2013 - Wrigley, Pittsburgh, Buffalo
    2014 - Cincy, St Louis, Detroit
    2016 - Lexington, Wrigley
    2018 - Wrigley
    2022 - Nashville, St Louis
  • Options
    pjradiopjradio Posts: 6,704
    dougfloyd wrote:
    pjradio wrote:
    my buddy also says his distributor told him "Possible" PJ20 Pint Glasses as well!...that would be sweet!

What?? That would be great!

He did say "POSSIBLE"...plus,its hearsay...who knows what the dist. actually said...I wouldn't hold my breath for that one. DFH doesn't put out alot of SPECIALTY brew glasses...hardly any...but, would be nice!
    aqo2t.jpg
  • Options
    Cool news! Pint glasses also please.
    1996 - Ft Lauderdale
    1998 - West Palm Beach 1
    2000 - West Palm Beach 1&2
    2003 - WPB,Tampa,Atlanta,Camden 1&2,MSG 1&2, Boston 3,Hershey Park
    2004 - Asheville, Kissimmee
    2008 - West Palm Beach,Tampa,Columbia,Virginia Beach, Mansfield 1&2
    2010 - Hartford,Boston,Newark, MSG 1&2
    2011 - PJ20 1&2, Costa Rica
    2013 - Wrigley,Brooklyn 1&2,Seattle
    2014 - Denver,Mountain View 1&2
    2015 - Bogata, Mexico City
    2016 - Ft Lauderdale,Miami,Tampa,NYC 1&2,Telluride,Fenway 1&2,Wrigley 1&2

• Options
    I've got 3 stores within about 20 minutes of me that should be carrying it. One store that I talked to about it a week or two ago already said that it will be limit one bottle per customer at their store because they will probably only get one case of it. It's going to be like a crazy easter egg hunt to get our hands on these things.
    * Cincinnati, OH 8.20.2000 *
    * Cincinnati, OH 6.24.2006 *
    * Columbus, OH 5.6.2010 * Noblesville, IN 5.7.2010 *
    * East Troy, MI 9.4.2011 * East Troy, MI 9.5.2011 *
    * Pittsburgh, PA 10.11.2013 *
  • Options
    This is great, great news.

I'm on the lookout.
    "Mark it 20, Dude."
  • Options
    "To me, 'Ten' is the perfect example of a record-lover's-record. The whole thing rocks," says Dogfish Head President & Founder Sam Calagione. "As an off-centered brewery, we believe in celebrating the breadth of our whole portfolio and we feel an affinity for Pearl Jam a long-player band in a singles-obsessed world."

Dogfish Head also finds inspiration in Pearl Jam's ethics, community-building and commitment to putting music before commerce. In recognition of this refreshing approach, Dogfish is donating $20,000 to The Nature Conservancy to aide in its efforts to preserve the plants, animals and natural communities that represent the diversity of life on Earth.

Dogfish Head is also re-releasing its previous collaborations with Sony Legacy: the Miles Davis-inspired Bitches Brew and the Robert Johnson shoutout Hellhound on My Ale. All three collaborations will be available this month in 750-ml bottles and on draft.

We plan to send Faithfull Ale to all states in which we currently do business, pending each state's approval.

About PJ20

2011 is a yearlong celebration of Pearl Jam's 20-year history. The band started off the year with the release of a new live compilation album, Live on Ten Legs, followed by the expanded reissues of Vs. and Vitalogy in March. In September, Pearl Jam and friends celebrated with the Alpine Valley Labor Day anniversary weekend concert, a 10-date Canadian tour, followed by the theatrical release of the Cameron Crowe film Pearl Jam Twenty, with an accompanying book and soundtrack album and subsequent PBS broadcast on Oct. 21, ending the year with the DVD of the film available in October. For the latest, visit www.pearljam.com and www.pj20.com.
    "Mark it 20, Dude."
  • Options
    I don't drink, but I'm going to buy a case of this if I can find it!
  • Options
    81 wrote:
    joe2468 wrote:
    i tell you.....

WE, AS A GROUP ARE POWERFUL !!!!!!!!! this all started by a few of you guys

WHAT CAN WE TAKE ON NEXT ??? OIL PRICES? GLOBAL WARMING ???

this many people...

can you hear me....is this mic working...

its in our constitution
  • Options
    CloneOfASonCloneOfASon Madison, WI Posts: 1,080
    Argh! :evil: I was on a total Dogfish Head boycott since they pulled out of the Midwest (they made it real easy! ;) ) but now I'm thinking of giving in. I'll admit I haven't read all 25 pages of this thread, but anyone out there willing to buy & ship me a 6-pack/case for cost+shipping (can I offer more than that? don't wanna get in trouble!) I'll scan/email my driver's license :D:lol:
  • Options
    8181 Needing a ride to Forest Hills and a ounce of weed. Please inquire within. Thanks. Or not. Posts: 58,276
    Argh! :evil: I was on a total Dogfish Head boycott since they pulled out of the Midwest (they made it real easy! ;) ) but now I'm thinking of giving in. I'll admit I haven't read all 25 pages of this thread, but anyone out there willing to buy & ship me a 6-pack/case for cost+shipping (can I offer more than that? don't wanna get in trouble!) I'll scan/email my driver's license :D:lol:

i think i live in the midwest....and it's still plentiful aroudn these parts....

it's coming in 750ml bottles, so i doubt there will be six packs....

guy at Binny's said very limited....i asked if i could pre order a case but he didn't reply to that questions...

suffice to say, i will be keeping an eye out and buying every bottle that i see.....if i succeed, i'll make sure you get one.
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • Options
    jimed14 wrote:
    Next step ... having Marq Spusta do a print for this, much like he did for HELLHOUND

http://www.marqspusta.com/products/robe ... ale-print/

Already sent him a note. :D

If you haven't seen his "Brew Goddess" poster series for the DFH seasonals ... you're missing out, they are gorgeous.

http://www.expressobeans.com/public/sea ... ew&class=0

Spusta was the first thought that came to my mind. Well, second thought - beer taste and alcohol volume was first thought.
    Poetry and powertools
  • Options
    P-JamP-Jam Posts: 807
    I can't help but wonder if the folks here who plan to buy a "case" realize that this would cost a couple hundred bucks? :lol:
  • Options
    P-Jam wrote:
    I can't help but wonder if the folks here who plan to buy a "case" realize that this would cost a couple hundred bucks? :lol:

I'm guessing around $10-$12 per bottle. That sounds about right doesn't it?
    * Cincinnati, OH 8.20.2000 *
    * Cincinnati, OH 6.24.2006 *
    * Columbus, OH 5.6.2010 * Noblesville, IN 5.7.2010 *
    * East Troy, MI 9.4.2011 * East Troy, MI 9.5.2011 *
    * Pittsburgh, PA 10.11.2013 *
  • Options
    BeerBaronBeerBaron Toronto-ish Posts: 4,091
    P-Jam wrote:
    Not to mention that most of them would probably find the beer undrinkable. This is not going to taste like Blue Moon...
    1996: Toronto 1998: Barrie 2000: Saratoga Springs 2003: Buffalo, Toronto 2005: Kitchener, London, Hamilton, Montreal, Ottawa, Toronto 2006: Toronto x2, Cleveland, Detroit, Pittsburgh, Cincinnati, Gorge #1 2007: London, Dusseldorf, Vic, Lolla 2008: WPB, Tampa, DC, MSG x2, Hartford, Boston x2, Beacon 2009: Toronto, Chicago x2, Seattle x2, LA #3&4, San Diego, Philly x4 2010: Cleveland, Buffalo, Hartford 2011: Montreal, Toronto x2, Hamilton 2012: Missoula 2013: London, Wrigley, Pittsburgh, Buffalo, Hartford, Dallas, OKC
  • Options
    weekapaug19weekapaug19 Posts: 2,279
    P-Jam wrote:

I'm guessing around $10-$12 per bottle. That sounds about right doesn't it?

ya, that's a good guess on price
  • Options
    P-Jam wrote:
    I can't help but wonder if the folks here who plan to buy a "case" realize that this would cost a couple hundred bucks? :lol:[/qu

I'm guessing around $10-$12 per bottle. That sounds about right doe before.sn't it?
    My local specialty store estimated $20 per bottle. He could be wrong. But I have paid in that ballpark for limited brews
  • Options
    Speaking of Dogfish Head, anyone else try the 120 minute IPA out now? Talk about hops heaven...
  • Options
    dougfloyddougfloyd Fishers, IN Posts: 2,544
    For anybody else in Indiana, here is a response I got back this morning from a local liquor store chain here:

"I am sorry to say that Indiana will not receive any of Faithfull Ale. Unfortunately earlier this year Dogfish Head pulled its distribution out of Tennessee, Indiana, Wisconsin and Rhode Island, to focus on its core markets. For Indiana residents the closest states that DFH distributes to is Michigan and Ohio."

So if anybody on here is able to grab any extras please let me know, much appreciated. I might try to see if someplace in Cincinnati will be getting any.
    1998 - Noblesville
    2000 - Noblesville
    2010 - Noblesville
    2011 - EV solo St Louis, PJ20 Alpine Valley
    2012 - San Fran (Oracle)
    2013 - Wrigley, Pittsburgh, Buffalo
    2014 - Cincy, St Louis, Detroit
    2016 - Lexington, Wrigley
    2018 - Wrigley
    2022 - Nashville, St Louis
  • Options
    SwBkRn44SwBkRn44 Posts: 232
    81 wrote:
    guy at Binny's said very limited....i asked if i could pre order a case but he didn't reply to that questions...

I was hoping to order a case, knowing it would probably be 12 bottles (gifts to friends, my Dad, etc.) but the guy at my shop said it would be very limited and he'd probably only get a case.

I asked if I could get 4 bottles and he said he'd have to see, but that I was first on his list. Hoping I can at least score 2 so I can get one for myself and one for my Dad.
  • Options
    8181 Needing a ride to Forest Hills and a ounce of weed. Please inquire within. Thanks. Or not. Posts: 58,276
    SwBkRn44 wrote:
    81 wrote:

I was hoping to order a case, knowing it would probably be 12 bottles (gifts to friends, my Dad, etc.) but the guy at my shop said it would be very limited and he'd probably only get a case.

I asked if I could get 4 bottles and he said he'd have to see, but that I was first on his list. Hoping I can at least score 2 so I can get one for myself and one for my Dad.

gonna be tougher to get than a backpack.

i like beer. oh well...if we miss out....always plenty other to choose from.
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • Options
    rick1zoo2rick1zoo2 between a rock and a dumb place Posts: 12,632
    Is Dogfish the brewery in Delaware?
  • Options
    SwBkRn44SwBkRn44 Posts: 232
    81 wrote:

gonna be tougher to get than a backpack.

i like beer. oh well...if we miss out....always plenty other to choose from.

I am a regular at my liquor store ;-) and actually made the guy aware of the DFH/PJ collaboration, so I am hoping I can at least get 2-4.

My Dad was supposed to make PJ20 with me but couldn't, so for Christmas I am hoping to give him a beer or two, the book, the DVD and the vinyl (if it's out by then).
  • Options
    The DFH bottles of this size are typically $10.99 - $11.99.

In some places it may be hard to find but when Bitches Brew and Hellhound Ale were released they were on the shelves for at least a few weeks. I was able to get my first few bottles, only allowed me 2 of the Hellhound, but a week later I was able to get some more.

I hope everyone gets to try it.
    "Mark it 20, Dude."
  • Options
    Evensteven wrote:
    The DFH bottles of this size are typically $10.99 - $11.99.

In some places it may be hard to find but when Bitches Brew and Hellhound Ale were released they were on the shelves for at least a few weeks. I was able to get my first few bottles, only allowed me 2 of the Hellhound, but a week later I was able to get some more.

I hope everyone gets to try it.
    I'ld say the average for the more limited releases is $14.99. Do a quick Google Shopper search and there's quite a range.
  • Options
    Tom KTom K Posts: 842
    Evensteven wrote:

What was the Bitches Brew?
    I'm gone ..Long gone..This time I'm letting go of it all...So long...Cause this time I'm gone
  • Options
    Does anyone know if this beer will be available in Massachusetts?
    8/29/00, 7/3/03, 5/24/06,6/28/08 & 6/30/08, 10/9/09,10/28/09, 10/30/09 & 10/31/09, 5/15/10, 5/17/10, 5/18/10, 5/20/10 & 5/21/10, 10/23/10 & 10/24/10, 9/3/11, 9/4/11, 9/11/11, 9/12/11, 9/23/11, 9/22/12, 9/30/12, 7/16/13, 7/19/13
  • Options
    Tom KTom K Posts: 842
    Just a quick recommendation... If you live within driving distance of Rehoboth, Del. or the DF brewery I would def. take a overnight trip to the brew-pub. They make excellent gin and vodka along with an awesome selection of very unique beers.... just remember to bring a DD, because you'll def. need one after a session at the pub... :mrgreen:
    I'm gone ..Long gone..This time I'm letting go of it all...So long...Cause this time I'm gone
  • Options
    weekapaug19weekapaug19 Posts: 2,279
    Does anyone know if this beer will be available in Massachusetts?

probably. we get most of their limited releases here
  • Options
    From Binny's Schaumburg.....to my question of trying to pre order a case.
    With most of the Dogfish Head products, we will probably only get one case. It is this store's policy that any limited releases are on a first come, first served basis with no holds. Depending on how much actually comes in there we may put a one or two bottle limit on it.

i'm going to see if i can get an email notification when it comes in....

i'll still be trying to buy it all. :lol:
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • Options
    LloydXmasLloydXmas Posts: 7,539
    Can we get a list of states dogfish head distributes to? I'd like to know If CT is on that list. I
    Think I've seen it in a liquor store before