Options

Dogfish Head & PJ20

Comments

• Options
    I just thought I would throw this out there concerning the subject. . .

Ever since I heard about this I have been really excited and wondering if it is really true. My girlfriend and I made the trip to Rehoboth Beach this past weekend and dropped in to the Dogfish brewpub for some amazing beers. Just so happens that none other than the very personable and awesome Sam Calagione arrived. I talked to him for a few minutes and we got a photo with him (will post later). I couldn't resist and asked him if this rumor was true since I have not seen any confirmation on the Dogfish Head website. He told me that this absolutely is true and that unfortunately it leaked on the internet before they were prepared to make an official announcement. He told me there should be an announcement tomorrow (at least that is what I believe he said. A few 90 Minute IPAs and a Black and Red had me slightly buzzed).

I also asked him how this came about and he told me that he was a long time Pearl Jam fan and that they had friends in common (some sort of link with Cameron Crowe) that approached him because of the brew they did for Miles Davis and one other tribute brew I can't remember right now.

So that's my story. . . just thought I would pass it along. If you get the chance hit the brewpub in Deleware. Dogfish has the most amazing beers of any brewery I have ever tasted. Sam is also a really cool guy that is incredibly approachable and more than willing to sit down with anyone and talk about his favorite subject. . . BEER!
  • Options
    It was a coincidence... Or the minds of beer loving Pearl Jam fans think alike.
    "Mark it 20, Dude."
  • Options
    Evensteven wrote:
    It was a coincidence... Or the minds of beer loving Pearl Jam fans think alike.

Or the subject of this thread was relayed to Cameron Crowe and/or PJ staff and that is why they approached the brewery.
    The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way it treats its animals. Ghandi
  • Options
    MG79478MG79478 Posts: 1,635
    Diggy381 wrote:
    A few 90 Minute IPAs and a Black and Red had me slightly buzzed.

Hopefully you had those few 90 minutes before the black and red. It is quite possibly the worst beer I have ever had!
  • Options
    on the topic of pumpkin beers:

any east ohioans/western pennsylvanians here familiar with hopping frog brewery?

if so get your hands on their double pumpkin, shit is legit!!

and while you're at it go ahead and grab yourself a 22 of their b.o.r.i.s. the crusher, shit is SUPER legit!!

:?
    and fuck me if I say somethin you dont wanna hear, fuck me!
    and fuck me if you only hear what you wanna hear
    fuck me...if I care...but im not leavin here
  • Options
    I recently had some Pumking after positive reviews in this thread...

It is legit. Very tasty. It's really different than the DFH Punkin' Ale.

We have a new one in Atlanta...only on draft though... Monday Night Brewery. Their scotch ale is really good.

Another new one is Wild Heaven. They make a brown ale called Ode to Mercy that is also really good. I read they were building a stage for musical acts at their Avondale brewery location.
    "Mark it 20, Dude."
  • Options
    OrangeBugOrangeBug Denver Posts: 182
    Hopefully they will drop at the Great American Beer Feat this weekend in Denver. lyk
    ... are we going to the same place?
  • Options
    Man i would kill to get hands on a bottle of this...for drinking and keeping....but I figure I'm shit out of luck.
    Reckon what the likelihood of a fella in mizzip is for somehow, someway getting one?
    I'm figuring not very good :cry:
    All I have to do is revel in the everyday....then do it again tomorrow

They say every sin is deadly but I believe they may be wrong...I'm guilty of all seven and I don't feel too bad at all
  • Options
    Man i would kill to get hands on a bottle of this...for drinking and keeping....but I figure I'm shit out of luck.
    Reckon what the likelihood of a fella in mizzip is for somehow, someway getting one?

someone here will hook you up. I sometimes do work in MS and could bring it over when I travel.
    "Mark it 20, Dude."
  • Options
    Evensteven wrote:

someone here will hook you up. I sometimes do work in MS and could bring it over when I travel.
    Are you serious?!?!?! Man that would be freakin awesome! What areas do you work here? I'd meet you wherever cuz i'm smack dab in the middle of the state
    All I have to do is revel in the everyday....then do it again tomorrow

They say every sin is deadly but I believe they may be wrong...I'm guilty of all seven and I don't feel too bad at all
  • Options
    nosajh9nosajh9 Akron, Ohio Posts: 122
    hoppin' frog is literally right next door to where i am employed in akron. it is the bomb! the owner is very cool too and hooks us up after work sometimes
    9/22/96 Toledo, OH. 8/26/98 Cuyahoga Falls, OH. 8/21/00 Columbus, OH. 8/25/03 Cleveland, OH. 8/26/03 Pittsburgh, PA. 10/03/04 Grand Rapids, MI. 5/20/06 Cleveland, OH. 6/23/06 Pittsburgh, PA. 6/22/08 Washington, DC. 5/06/10 Columbus, OH. 5/09/10 Cleveland, OH. 10/11/13 Pittsburgh, PA.
  • Options
    ^nice! i've been wanting to hit up the brewery for some time now (form pgh)

if i do i'll hit you up, maybe we can share a cold one and talk pj
    and fuck me if I say somethin you dont wanna hear, fuck me!
    and fuck me if you only hear what you wanna hear
    fuck me...if I care...but im not leavin here
  • Options
    Anyone can help out to get some pj20 beer and punkin beer to the Netherlands? Can't get it here.
  • Options
    I live in Cincinnati, Ohio and I frequent this little beer store called The Root Cellar. They carry all kinds of beers there, and I just love shopping at the little mom and pop hole in the wall place. I went in there a couple days ago to pick up a pack of DFH Punkin and asked the lady working about the PJ beer. She said she hadn't heard anything about it yet but "that sounds like something Dogfish would do". Haha. So I asked her what the chances of them getting would be because it's probably going to be a pretty limited run. She said when it comes to limited stuff like that Dogfish usually sends about 70 cases of it to Ohio and a place called Jungle Jim's typically will get about 40 of those cases. So that leaves 30 left over to go to all the rest of the stores and they will probably only get 1 case once it's all said and done. So jokingly I said that I would buy that case from her and she said she couldn't do that because they will probably limit it to one bottle per person. So at this point she said she would save a bottle for me and my wife so at least I've got that covered, as long as they do actually get it in stock. But at least now I also know where to go that will get the most stock of it, which is only about 20 minutes from my house.
    * Cincinnati, OH 8.20.2000 *
    * Cincinnati, OH 6.24.2006 *
    * Columbus, OH 5.6.2010 * Noblesville, IN 5.7.2010 *
    * East Troy, MI 9.4.2011 * East Troy, MI 9.5.2011 *
    * Pittsburgh, PA 10.11.2013 *
  • Options
    Let's talk about beer!

All this white vinyl sh$t is bumming me out.
    "Mark it 20, Dude."
  • Options
    Can't wait for this release!
  • Options
    I really want a bottle of this to put up on the mantle. Would be worshipped in my basement for sure. I'd drink it first though. I mean, it is beer.
    So now I'm drivin the bus- Kramer
    You're batman!- George
    Yeah...yeah...I AM batman!!- Kramer
  • Options
    I hope it comes in a white bottle.

Still need some help from someone who can get me a few bottles and ship to the Netherlands.

Anyone?
  • Options
    So there was news that there was no news in another thread. Likely out in November.
    "Mark it 20, Dude."
  • Options
    KP25-PJKP25-PJ Posts: 25
    :lol:
  • Options
    camaroscamaros Posts: 1,003

Still need some help from someone who can get me a few bottles and ship to the Netherlands.

Anyone?
    I could help, but it's gonna be pretty hard to locate a bunch of bottles... I do plan on going down to Dogfish Head again early November so I'll be watch DFH news like a hawk for this....
    i like sound...
  • Options
    8181 Needing a ride to Forest Hills and a ounce of weed. Please inquire within. Thanks. Or not. Posts: 58,276
    camaros wrote:

Anyone?
    I could help, but it's gonna be pretty hard to locate a bunch of bottles... I do plan on going down to Dogfish Head again early November so I'll be watch DFH news like a hawk for this....

if it ends up at the local binny's.....you can bet....i will be buying every single bottle
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • Options
    PhishNoCPhishNoC Tennessee Posts: 325
    Dogfish just announced a Mid October Release. It will ship to all states where Dogfish does business.

http://www.dogfish.com/community/news/press-releases/faithfull-ale-celebrates-pearl-jam-milestone.htm
    Discarding all thought

PJ: 03/25/94, 08/15/00, 09/03/11, 09/04/11, 09/22/12, 09/30/12, 07/19/13, 11/15/13, 11/16/13, 10/03/14, 10/08/14, 10/14/14, 10/16/14, 10/17/14, 10/19/14, 10/20/14, 04/16/16, 04/18/16, 04/21/16, 04/26/16, 08/20/16, 08/22/16

EV: 06/20/09, 07/01/11, 11/18/12, 11/19/12, 11/21/12
  • Options
    Tom KTom K Posts: 842
    With this release.. maybe the band members will stop drinking shit beer, like Pabst and Stella, and drink something with flavor...
    I'm gone ..Long gone..This time I'm letting go of it all...So long...Cause this time I'm gone
  • Options
    pjsteelerfanpjsteelerfan Maryland Posts: 9,887
    PhishNoC wrote:
    Dogfish just announced a Mid October Release. It will ship to all states where Dogfish does business.

http://www.dogfish.com/community/news/press-releases/faithfull-ale-celebrates-pearl-jam-milestone.htm

Awesome
    ...got a mind full of questions and a teacher in my soul...
  • Options
    joe2468joe2468 Posts: 3,049
    PhishNoC wrote:

Awesome

NICE ... heading to my buddies bar tonight to watch the yankees get their asses kicked by detroit ..... I WILL TELL HIM TO PUSH FOR IT AND GET SOME PROMO STUFF .... and ill let you guys know if i hear any news
    have you seen the colors of my fathers eyes
  • Options
    SVRDhand13SVRDhand13 NYC Posts: 25,951
    Tom K wrote:
    With this release.. maybe the band members will stop drinking shit beer, like Pabst and Stella, and drink something with flavor...

:thumbup:
    severed hand thirteen
    2006: Gorge 7/23 2008: Hartford 6/27 Beacon 7/1 2009: Spectrum 10/30-31
    2010: Newark 5/18 MSG 5/20-21 2011: PJ20 9/3-4 2012: Made In America 9/2
    2013: Brooklyn 10/18-19 Philly 10/21-22 Hartford 10/25 2014: ACL10/12
    2015: NYC 9/23 2016: Tampa 4/11 Philly 4/28-29 MSG 5/1-2 Fenway 8/5+8/7
    2017: RRHoF 4/7   2018: Fenway 9/2+9/4   2021: Sea Hear Now 9/18 
    2022: MSG 9/11  2024: MSG 9/3-4 Philly 9/7+9/9 Fenway 9/15+9/17
  • Options
    8181 Needing a ride to Forest Hills and a ounce of weed. Please inquire within. Thanks. Or not. Posts: 58,276
    PhishNoC wrote:

nice...

just sent the local beer guy an email to make sure i can get some.
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • Options
    PhishNoCPhishNoC Tennessee Posts: 325
    Ditto
    Discarding all thought

PJ: 03/25/94, 08/15/00, 09/03/11, 09/04/11, 09/22/12, 09/30/12, 07/19/13, 11/15/13, 11/16/13, 10/03/14, 10/08/14, 10/14/14, 10/16/14, 10/17/14, 10/19/14, 10/20/14, 04/16/16, 04/18/16, 04/21/16, 04/26/16, 08/20/16, 08/22/16

EV: 06/20/09, 07/01/11, 11/18/12, 11/19/12, 11/21/12
  • Options
    BeerBaronBeerBaron Toronto-ish Posts: 4,091
    This needs sticky status now :mrgreen:
    1996: Toronto 1998: Barrie 2000: Saratoga Springs 2003: Buffalo, Toronto 2005: Kitchener, London, Hamilton, Montreal, Ottawa, Toronto 2006: Toronto x2, Cleveland, Detroit, Pittsburgh, Cincinnati, Gorge #1 2007: London, Dusseldorf, Vic, Lolla 2008: WPB, Tampa, DC, MSG x2, Hartford, Boston x2, Beacon 2009: Toronto, Chicago x2, Seattle x2, LA #3&4, San Diego, Philly x4 2010: Cleveland, Buffalo, Hartford 2011: Montreal, Toronto x2, Hamilton 2012: Missoula 2013: London, Wrigley, Pittsburgh, Buffalo, Hartford, Dallas, OKC