Options

** TEN CLUB ANALOG AND DIGITAL MEMBERSHIPS **

Comments

• Options
    ontheroad wrote:
    You guys are so predictable. Every announcement by this band and the Ten Club is met with complaints.

And for the person who compared this to the price of an REM membership - what do you get from REM for $12?
    It's called 'having an opinion'.
    Calling it 'complaining' only shows your disability to challange things PJ/10-C does and to be honest enough to talk about it.

As for the R.E.M. Fanclub, here is what you get for $12 (instead of $50):
    LATEST R.E.M. NEWS
    Throughout the year, the Fan Club issues 4 newsletters, full of information about the band, as well as exclusive photographs and interviews. Topics range from tour and recording news, side projects, organizations the band members support, and, of course, the music.
    MERCHANDISE
    The Fan Club offers a wide variety of merchandise, including T-shirts, hats, and, from time to time, limited edition, Fan Club-only items. Members receive discounts on all merchandise offered through the Fan Club.
    HOLIDAY PACKAGE
    A Must! Holiday salutations from the band and office staff as well as exclusive songs and surprises. Past packages have featured 7" singles, videos, a CD, as well as custom greeting cards from the band and office staff, posters, calendars, stickers, and a whole lot more. The 1998 package included a two-song video excerpted from R.E.M.'s performance at the Tibetan Freedom Concert. In 1999, the package featured a CD collaboration of two songs from the Bridge School Concert in San Francisco with Neil Young. In 2000, R.E.M. recorded a Beatles' Fan Club-only song, "Christmas Time is Here Again," along with two original compositions compiled on 7" colored vinyl. The 2003 Single featured Wilco who toured with R.E.M.
  • Options
    ME91059 wrote:
    Ten Club and especially **Pearl Jam** - Surely you guys would have to approve this ridiculus change.

Given the response from YOUR fans, you should seriously re-consider. I think that you either need to add more to your Analog membership or stick with the 1 all inclusive $20 membership.

If you guys offered something 'rare' it might be worth our while. For instance, you have been filming every single show since the Off Ramp Cafe (possibly before?), why not not throw in an annual rare DVD say from 90-98. Majority of your hardcore fans already have most if not all of your boots and if we haven't bought them, we've traded them with other fans.

I'm in the same boat as all other international fans, my membership has doubled for the added bonus of a shirt that probably won't even fit.

I have veen a fan since 90/91 and have spent several thousands of dollars on CD's, merch, boots, dvd, vinyl and all things Pearl Jam. Heck, over the years I even bought a Yield belt buckle also a Pearl Jam stubbie holder on the Avacado tour.

Unfortunately, all things Pearl Jam are going up. I remember I paid $37.50 for my first Pearl Jam ticket in 95. Yes, I know prices are going to increase over the years, though now to pay $110 per show (including Eddie Vedder shows) is getting up there. Most of the Ten Club go to multiple shows. Living in Australia, majority of us go to every show.

I can afford the increase but like everyone else, I want to be getting more for my money, or at least be able to justify the $50.

As most of your fans were in their teens when the ''Seattle Sound" exploded, we've all grown up and now have mortgages and children, which makes it harder to justify all of your increases.

Time to go back to the drawing board on this one, I just hope that you still stand by your comments of wanting to give as much back to the fans as possible.

There have been several articles on TenClub being the best fan club around and giving back to their fans, I just hope you can turn this around to make that a true statement again.

I love this post and agree with it 100% and you were very respectful about it yet somehow, some people will attack you for it. Very well said.
  • Options
    what's "whinning"? 8-)
    For all the whinners!!!!

If money is sooo tight and the extra $20 is gonna hurt you then don't do it. Also if you are that hard up for the $20, you shouldnt be whinning about the fees going up but just jump out of the fanlclub all together because you should be using it for food/heat/electricity...

So if you are all that upset about it drop from the fanlcub and sell all your PJ stuff....Hopefully you will have a Benaroya Vinyl you will sell to me for $40 since it is against your morales to sell or make profit or bring up the price on anything.

Thank-You and I will now get off my soap box and go purchase an analog renewal!!!
    Gimli 1993
    Fargo 2003
    Winnipeg 2005
    Winnipeg 2011
    St. Paul 2014
  • Options
    wrong. we won't get the single or the mag mailed to us. and the people that say the complainers are so predictable, so are all the folks that come on here complaining about the complainers. pot? Kettle.
    ontheroad wrote:
    You guys are so predictable. Every announcement by this band and the Ten Club is met with complaints.

To this fan you all come off as a bunch of ungrateful bastards.

For those of you complaining about the tiered membership - you won't get less for choosing to keep your membership price the same. You will still get everything you currently receive. If a hard copy of items is so important to you then you need to decide if it's worth the additional cost. If it isn't - renew at the same rate and get an MP3 and PDF. As long as you are a member you still get the content.
    Gimli 1993
    Fargo 2003
    Winnipeg 2005
    Winnipeg 2011
    St. Paul 2014
  • Options
    UmbertotambaUmbertotamba Posts: 1,382
    Hahaha I was adding the extra n to give something of of value to those crying over an extra $20.

Now somebody give me that Benroya Vinyl for $40 IM serious!!!
    Paul David wrote:
    what's "whinning"? 8-)
    For all the whinners!!!!

If money is sooo tight and the extra $20 is gonna hurt you then don't do it. Also if you are that hard up for the $20, you shouldnt be whinning about the fees going up but just jump out of the fanlclub all together because you should be using it for food/heat/electricity...

So if you are all that upset about it drop from the fanlcub and sell all your PJ stuff....Hopefully you will have a Benaroya Vinyl you will sell to me for $40 since it is against your morales to sell or make profit or bring up the price on anything.

Thank-You and I will now get off my soap box and go purchase an analog renewal!!!
    Springfield MA 94, Hartford CT 96
  • Options
    UmbertotambaUmbertotamba Posts: 1,382
    A wise artist once stated "Things only have the power that you give them", and he would say if you like his art buy it and if you didn't like it then don't buy it. But why buy it to complain about it if you bought it, since it meant enough to you to buy it with your hard earned money.

Physical items are only as important as you percieve them to be. How important is it really to physically hold a 45 in your hand that contains music ? It as important as each of us percieves it! Is spending that extra $20 to get something you can hold in your hands worth it to people? Some people will say yes it is. Then again some of those same people still have unopened Benaroya Vinyl's sitting somewhere in their house because the value of the vinyls is more important than the music on them.

Come on, now one of you disgruntled people need to contact me about that Benaroya Vinyl you need to get rid of in disgust!!
    Springfield MA 94, Hartford CT 96
  • Options
    Better DanBetter Dan Posts: 5,684
    I just e-mailed 10 Club...I already renewed my membership for 2011 prior to this announcement and I want the Analog membership!!! I'll be pissed if I miss out on the t-shirt, vinyl, hard copy of Deep and bootleg download because I already renewed. :x I'm looking forward to a response from 10 Club next week...hopefully this can be straightened out.

I heard back from them on this yesterday. We will definitely get the vinyl and hard copy Deep. I don't think we will get the t shirt and bootleg though.
    2003: San Antonio, Houston, Dallas, Seattle; 2005: Monterrey; 2006: Chicago 1 & 2, Grand Rapids, Cleveland, Detroit; 2008: West Palm Beach, Tampa; 2009: Austin, LA 3 & 4, San Diego; 2010: Kansas City, St. Louis, Columbus, Indianapolis; 2011: PJ20 1 & 2; 2012: Missoula; 2013: Dallas, Oklahoma City, Seattle; 2014: Tulsa; 2016: Columbia, New York City 1 & 2; 2018: London, Seattle 1 & 2; 2021: Ohana; 2022: Oklahoma City
  • Options
    KingJeremyDKingJeremyD Posts: 2,313
    Better Dan wrote:
    I just e-mailed 10 Club...I already renewed my membership for 2011 prior to this announcement and I want the Analog membership!!! I'll be pissed if I miss out on the t-shirt, vinyl, hard copy of Deep and bootleg download because I already renewed. :x I'm looking forward to a response from 10 Club next week...hopefully this can be straightened out.

I heard back from them on this yesterday. We will definitely get the vinyl and hard copy Deep. I don't think we will get the t shirt and bootleg though.

Yeah, eventually we will get the vinly and deep mag...
  • Options
    aus_suzaus_suz Posts: 9,364
    Paul David wrote:
    what's "whinning"? 8-)
    For all the whinners!!!!

Whinning is the same and whinging, complaining...
  • Options
    Katyz wrote:
    I agree but I'll take it one step further. It's not "weird", it's misguided. There's a sense here that PJ owes something to us, where I feel that we owe something to them.

Huh? Last time I checked, they would have no careers or money without us. We don't owe them anything. We are the reason Ed is worth $80 million.

I respectfully disagree....Ed is part of the reason he's worth $80 million..his talent, his music, his words, his voice...all led us to pay out to reap the benefits of it all. I know the music business is a big rip off..something PJ fought against...but we are the ones who decided to put the money into his pot....so it is really a very equal partnership...his talent and our ability to appreciate it.

I agree with this 100 percent! Eddie and the other members of the band have worked hard and they deserve the money they have earned. Of course, we have purchased their music, gone to concerts, etc...but we do that because our lives have been touched by their music and we get something from it.
    2003: San Antonio, Houston, Dallas, Seattle; 2005: Monterrey; 2006: Chicago 1 & 2, Grand Rapids, Cleveland, Detroit; 2008: West Palm Beach, Tampa; 2009: Austin, LA 3 & 4, San Diego; 2010: Kansas City, St. Louis, Columbus, Indianapolis; 2011: PJ20 1 & 2; 2012: Missoula; 2013: Dallas, Oklahoma City, Seattle; 2014: Tulsa; 2016: Columbia, New York City 1 & 2; 2018: London, Seattle 1 & 2; 2021: Ohana; 2022: Oklahoma City
  • Options
    DrdealDrdeal Posts: 693
    I paid thru 2013 a year ago. Do I need to do anything if I don't need a Mag or Vinyl single? Deep has not been that deep lately and the singles I can live without. I get my T Shirts at the shows.

DrDeal
  • Options
    I renewed for 2011 before this announcement. Do I still get the next Deep and vinyl single?

Yes you do.
  • Options
    So will the holiday single still be available in the goods section for free if we just pay the shipping costs? Screw $20 extra for the t-shirt and the bootleg download, if I can go digital and just pick up the holiday single for $4.00 shipping.
  • Options
    Get_RightGet_Right Posts: 12,479
    Jeanwah wrote:
    10C doesn't care that people may not be able to afford it... Pearl Jam hasn't shown one bit of identifying with the recession or those who have lost their jobs. This is quite clear in their increasing prices...
    You are right. but then again, they did make a way for people to retain ticket privileges without an increase.
    And you have to consider piracy. I honestly believe that we wouldn't be seeing these things if you still had to pay for a record.
  • Options
    i dont collect merch and they dont tour here, so i really dont see the point in bothering with a membership anymore.

lol at "free" t-shirt
  • Options
    MrSmith wrote:
    i dont collect merch and they dont tour here, so i really dont see the point in bothering with a membership anymore.

lol at "free" t-shirt

Yeah, you really don't get anything for the digital membership other than ticket priveleges. But like you said, those are pretty worthless unless you live in the northeast, Chicago area, or travel to see shows.
  • Options
    MrSmith wrote:

lol at "free" t-shirt

The bad thing is the free shirt isn't even free..

Jeremy
  • Options
    DPrival78DPrival78 CT Posts: 2,259
    MrSmith wrote:

lol at "free" t-shirt

Jeremy

yea. basically, this whole thing is "buy a tshirt (that we, the 10c, decide upon) from us every year, and we'll call you a super terrific ANALOG fan."

what a deal!
    i'm more a fan of popular bands.. like the bee-gees, pearl jam
  • Options
    DPrival78 wrote:
    MrSmith wrote:

lol at "free" t-shirt

Jeremy

yea. basically, this whole thing is "buy a tshirt (that we, the 10c, decide upon) from us every year, and we'll call you a super terrific ANALOG fan."

what a deal!

Yeah its a great deal...Just isn't a great deal for the fans...

Jeremy
  • Options
    i bet this is what Ed was talking about about when he sang "2010 watch it go to fire!"
  • Options
    MrSmith wrote:
    i bet this is what Ed was talking about about when he sang "2010 watch it go to fire!"

You might be onto soemthing there..Good work.. :D

Jeremy
  • Options
    MrSmith wrote:

Jeremy

:lol:
  • Options
    MrSmith wrote:

Jeremy

Now when they play dte in the future..it will go like this 2010 watch the ten club fees go higher.. :lol:

Jeremy
  • Options
    Leezestarr313Leezestarr313 Temple of the cat Posts: 14,346
    edited January 2011
    I read all those posts and try to understand the different opinions. Yes, changes can be hard to take but I am here because I love the band and their music. I got to know lots of really nice people on these boards and I really enjoy talking to people from all over the world who share my love for PJ. You can decide which membership fits you best, so what's the deal? I don't have decided yet which option I'll choose. I am happily looking forward to anything that'll come our way from PJ this year and I am thankful for anything I'll get. I think even 50 dollars is still okay, it's annual, not monthly. Considering all the money I spend on things that I don't care that much about it's okay for me to pay this amount. And even if it weren't for that, I am not forced to pay it. It's up to me to decide. But maybe it would have been better if they just raised the membership cost for 5-10 dollars and just kept one version of memberships :|
    A happy new year for everyone!
    Post edited by Leezestarr313 on
  • Options
    jmurrayjmurray Stratham, NH Posts: 3,538
    Keep your extra stuff..

I will take the cheaper option and cheer about my pre sale rights...then I will be on ticket master because those tickets are out of stock in 2 seconds and a skeleton error message comes up

I guess I will be less of a fan :roll:

The Human Puck could never be a lesser fan!
  • Options
    neilybabes86neilybabes86 Posts: 16,057
    jmurray wrote:
    Keep your extra stuff..

I will take the cheaper option and cheer about my pre sale rights...then I will be on ticket master because those tickets are out of stock in 2 seconds and a skeleton error message comes up

I guess I will be less of a fan :roll:

The Human Puck could never be a lesser fan!

Holla !!!!!!
    As long as we live in the northeast we will never be less of a fan :lol:
    i post on the board of a band that doesn't exsist anymore .......i need my head examined.......
  • Options
    electronblueelectronblue WPB Florida Posts: 3,458
    MrSmith wrote:

Jeremy

Now when they play dte in the future..it will go like this 2010 watch the ten club fees go higher.. :lol:

Jeremy

;)

:lol::lol::lol:
    "Forgive every being,
    the bad feelings 
    it's just me"

• Options
    haffajappahaffajappa British Columbia Posts: 5,955
    I don't normally come on the porch and hate the whining about "pj play my city" and yadi yadi yadi... i REALLY can't stand that.

but i dont think calling the 10c out on this issue is unwarranted.
    the people with the deep pockets should understand that its not just the price but the principle, we basically now have to pay twice as much for our memberships in order to get a free t-shirt.

yeah, "enjoy the music" at twice the cost :?
    live pearl jam is best pearl jam
  • Options
    haffajappa wrote:
    I don't normally come on the porch and hate the whining about "pj play my city" and yadi yadi yadi... i REALLY can't stand that.

the people with the deep pockets should understand that its not just the price but the principle, we basically now have to pay twice as much for our memberships in order to get a free t-shirt.

And if you continue to pay $20 you're not getting anything other than 10C presale for the cost. This is probably useless for the majority of the members.
  • Options
    JK109224JK109224 Posts: 582
    Better Dan wrote:
    haffajappa wrote:

And if you continue to pay $20 you're not getting anything other than 10C presale for the cost. This is probably useless for the majority of the members.

From my perspective, I'm only in the 10c for ticket access and they don't come here nearly as often as the States or Europe.
    Come to send, not condescend...