Options

** TEN CLUB ANALOG AND DIGITAL MEMBERSHIPS **

Comments

• Options
    Jeanwah wrote:
    After reading so many pages, I think the final consensus is:

10C Members are rich, rich, RICH!!!

Except me. I cannot afford the $90 ticket prices, and I can't afford $40 memberships. Fans like me are thrown to the curb. Thanks a lot Pearl Jam. From the band who cared so much about being affordable for all their fans, they are now in the elitist group.

Have fun everyone, I won't be renewing this year. Perspectives change, people change (especially Edddie Vedder), and I won't succumb or contribute to the green disease.
    I totally agree with you!

A lot of Pearl Jam fans here are selfish people.
    Selfish, and forgetful.
    Don't you remember what Pearl Jam was about during the first decade of their existence?
    They were about having an own opinion, about question decision. About music and concerts being affordable for everyone, also for the 'smal' worker. About great music.
    What is left of this? In my eyes and ears, it is only the great music.
    They threw a lot of principles over board.

I myself fortunately have no financial problem buying tickets for $85, or spending $50 for a yearly membership.
    I have a moral problem with this.
    This is the band I loved for their principles, for not backing down.

So everyone who follows the band and their decisions blindly should not forget where this band came from.
    Questioning a $50 membership fee, or $85 ticket prices is absolutely understandable concidering the history of Pearl Jam.

P.S.:
    The (international) fee for the official R.E.M. Fanclub is $12.
  • Options
    BizzzyBozzzyBizzzyBozzzy San Diego Posts: 388
    Jeanwah wrote:
    After reading so many pages, I think the final consensus is:

10C Members are rich, rich, RICH!!!

Except me. I cannot afford the $90 ticket prices, and I can't afford $40 memberships. Fans like me are thrown to the curb. Thanks a lot Pearl Jam. From the band who cared so much about being affordable for all their fans, they are now in the elitist group.

Have fun everyone, I won't be renewing this year. Perspectives change, people change (especially Edddie Vedder), and I won't succumb or contribute to the green disease.
    I totally agree with you!

A lot of Pearl Jam fans here are selfish people.
    Selfish, and forgetful.
    Don't you remember what Pearl Jam was about during the first decade of their existence?
    They were about having an own opinion, about question decision. About music and concerts being affordable for everyone, also for the 'smal' worker. About great music.
    What is left of this? In my eyes and ears, it is only the great music.
    They threw a lot of principles over board.

I myself fortunately have no financial problem buying tickets for $85, or spending $50 for a yearly membership.
    I have a moral problem with this.
    This is the band I loved for their principles, for not backing down.

So everyone who follows the band and their decisions blindly should not forget where this band came from.
    Questioning a $50 membership fee, or $85 ticket prices is absolutely understandable concidering the history of Pearl Jam.

Yet PJ is not raising the price of membership and everyone is going off that they are. They're changing the package you receive for your $20. If not getting a vinyl once a year from PJ is such an affront then in my opinion people need to question why they care about this band.
  • Options
    Yet PJ is not raising the price of membership and everyone is going off that they are. They're changing the package you receive for your $20.
    Great changes!
    Here is my situation (and the situation of many fans outside the US):
    I am a fan from Europe.
    Like many others, I'm in the club mostly for the X-mas single.
    I don't care abot 10-C tickets since shows in Europe are general admission and getting tix is no problem here.
    I couldn't care less for the Deep magazine since it has nothing to say most of the time.
    Adding a shirt isn't that great either since I can't chose the artwork and the chances I don't like it are big given the shirt artwork from recent years (of course, some fans will love it regardless if it looks good or crappy, since it's from PJ).
    So the package I would receive for my $50 isn't that good in my eyes.

As for the 'basic' new membership deal for $20, I think this is a joke.
    You don't get anything physical from that, so the 10-C nearly has no expenses.
    For $10, this would be OK. But charging $20 is a joke.
  • Options
    shortstackshortstack Posts: 2,339
    shortstack wrote:
    The ticketing portion of the membership hasn't changed one bit, or as far as I can tell.

I truly don't see what the big deal is.

Has this been confirmed yet?

Losing seniority would be a big deal.

* Access to Fan Club only Ticket pre-sales

Straight from the email. There is no way the Ten Club would change the ticketing policy and penalize long time members with this upgrade, or failure to do so, no way.

i hope you're right. :)
    they've just worded it differently in the past.
    did you see me? i saw you.
  • Options
    Abe FromanAbe Froman Posts: 5,085
    I have no problem with the increase. C'mon people it's $20!! :roll: Think of all the shit you've wasted 20 bucks on. People are really upset about this? :roll: I've read through almost this entire thread and I just don't get it. Well, whatever. Hopefully some members with a higher number quit so I can move up. :)
  • Options
    BizzzyBozzzyBizzzyBozzzy San Diego Posts: 388
    Yet PJ is not raising the price of membership and everyone is going off that they are. They're changing the package you receive for your $20.
    Great changes!
    Here is my situation (and the situation of many fans outside the US):
    I am a fan from Europe.
    Like many others, I'm in the club mostly for the X-mas single.
    I don't care abot 10-C tickets since shows in Europe are general admission and getting tix is no problem here.
    I couldn't care less for the Deep magazine since it has nothing to say most of the time.
    Adding a shirt isn't that great either since I can't chose the artwork and the chances I don't like it are big given the shirt artwork from recent years (of course, some fans will love it regardless if it looks good or crappy, since it's from PJ).
    So the package I would receive for my $50 isn't that good in my eyes.

As for the 'basic' new membership deal for $20, I think this is a joke.
    You don't get anything physical from that, so the 10-C nearly has no expenses.
    For $10, this would be OK. But charging $20 is a joke.

That's understandable and I don't want to dismiss your situation and stance but I'd have to think you're in the minority. It'd be great if PJ could make changes that didn't isolate or alienate anyone, but I trust that they're making these changes for a reason: whether it be overhead or otherwise and I won't pretend to know why.

I will however disagree with you that 10c nearly has no expenses if they're not shipping physical items. I'm not going to pretend to know what their expenses are.

You cannot select the artwork for the shirt but you also cannot choose the single you receive. And this is my main problem, selective criticism.
  • Options
    Memberships: $20/$40/$50

Loving Pearl Jam: PRICELESS
  • Options
    haffajappahaffajappa British Columbia Posts: 5,955
    Yaaaay, double my membership fee so i can have another t-shirt i really don't need.
    Never been one to complain about PJ and stuff but seriously...
    live pearl jam is best pearl jam
  • Options
    BrainofBGABrainofBGA Australia Posts: 3,968
    I suppose what I'm trying to say is that over a few short years the fee keeps going up for unexplained reasons. I understand I have to be registered but if the fee us going up why!!? The comparison I'm trying to make here is that at least for your extra money they're giving you a tee and boot.
    BrainofBGA wrote:
    As a teacher in Australia I have to pay a yearly fee of $75. That's to be part of the teaching institute. You have to be part of this there is no choice if you want to be registered. A few years ago when it started, and it was ONLY a few years ago it cost $50. What do I get from the
    institute? Sweet fuck all!!!! Being a ten club member is a choice. Don't like it? Don't join. At least you get something for it!

Kinda scary that a teacher is going to make such a flawed comparison. Will the 10C membership allow you to earn a living? Regardless of there being a choice or not, your institute fee is an investment that enables you to remain employed. Without that, you wouldn't have the money to piss away on a 45 and a t-shirt.
    Melbourne #1 '98
    Melbourne #2 '03
    Melbourne #3 '03
    Melbourne #1 '06
    Melbourne #3 '06
    Melbourne '09
    Melbourne '14
  • Options
    aNiMaL wrote:

All the crying and carrying on is really bringing out the worst in some members.

If not getting a vinyl once a year from PJ is such an affront then in my opinion people need to question why they care about this band.

+1
  • Options

It's the same thing.
    Makes me ache, makes me shake...
    ...is it so wrong to think that love can keep us safe?
  • Options
    TD-2243TD-2243 Posts: 103
    edited January 2011
    I have to agree with the very vocal majority that this isn't cool. I'll be staying analog and just buying a single when/if the tenclub offers them for sale.

The big advantage to the 10C was buying tickets, but the bummer for people like myself who live in the south is that PJ never plays here anymore, so now I'm basically paying $20 for nothing, since they've taken my single away. I love this band, but can't justify $40 a year.
    Post edited by TD-2243 on
    ------------------------------------------------------------
    Too many shows to even begin to remember.
    Long live The Pearl Jams!
    ------------------------------------------------------------
    Some of my music...
    https://soundcloud.com/fingerchili
    ------------------------------------------------------------H
  • Options
    electronblueelectronblue WPB Florida Posts: 3,458
    i may go anal from all this reading
    "Forgive every being,
    the bad feelings 
    it's just me"

• Options
    Abe Froman wrote:
    I have no problem with the increase. C'mon people it's $20!! :roll:
    It's not about not having another $20 for most people here.
    It's about a general thing.
    How would you like it if Pearl Jam sold their new CD through 10-C for $40?
    You would be able to pay this, sure. But wouldn't you at least question it?
  • Options
    youngsteryoungster Boston Posts: 6,574
    Don't be surprised if you spend $40 for the analog membership and a few months after the single is mailed it is in the goods section for free plus $4 shipping to all members. I can see this happening like they do now.
    He who forgets will be destined to remember.

9/29/04 Boston, 6/28/08 Mansfield, 8/23/09 Chicago, 5/15/10 Hartford
    5/17/10 Boston, 10/15/13 Worcester, 10/16/13 Worcester, 10/25/13 Hartford
    8/5/16 Fenway, 8/7/16 Fenway
    EV Solo: 6/16/11 Boston, 6/18/11 Hartford,
  • Options
    Get_RightGet_Right Posts: 12,479

It's the same thing.
    nope, you no longer get a holiday vinyl single or deep mailed to you-if you want that to continue, you must upgrade-and they will throw in a shirt and a download.
  • Options
    when we all get the first t-shirt and new hard back deep magazine and we all go "wow...this stuff is great.."

then you might see its worth the extra.
  • Options
    Abe Froman wrote:
    I have no problem with the increase. C'mon people it's $20!! :roll: Think of all the shit you've wasted 20 bucks on. People are really upset about this? :roll: I've read through almost this entire thread and I just don't get it. Well, whatever. Hopefully some members with a higher number quit so I can move up. :)
    It's nice that you think that... but... consider all the people who've lost their jobs recently. Consider people losing their houses and taking a pay drop. Consider the minimum wage in Ireland being cut by a euro an hour... thereby leaving the worst off in society even worse off by 2000euro a year :shock: .

Yeh, you're right, what's that $20 then? :roll: I used to think like that... then I moved to England where you actually earn pretty much nothing... and quickly learned what money's really worth! :? I think some people need to realise that they're LUCKY that $20 is nothing... and stop looking down on those who think it's something!
    The Astoria??? Orgazmic!
    Verona??? it's all surmountable
    Dublin 23.08.06 "The beauty of Ireland, right there!"
    Wembley? We all believe!
    Copenhagen?? your light made us stars
    Chicago 07? And love
    What a different life
    Had I not found this love with you
  • Options
    when we all get the first t-shirt and new hard back deep magazine and we all go "wow...this stuff is great.."

And then fingers crossed you get another :D I'm sure the first will be fine to try and tempt people into paying more money and then it'll just be downhill.
    The Astoria??? Orgazmic!
    Verona??? it's all surmountable
    Dublin 23.08.06 "The beauty of Ireland, right there!"
    Wembley? We all believe!
    Copenhagen?? your light made us stars
    Chicago 07? And love
    What a different life
    Had I not found this love with you
  • Options

Yeah I will be thrilled for more recipes and interviews with Josh Homme.
  • Options
    I renewed for 2011 before this announcement. Do I still get the next Deep and vinyl single?
  • Options
    KingJeremyDKingJeremyD Posts: 2,313

Back in day in deep magazines...Which they weren't called that back then..But, we would get letters from the band members...Or some sort of useful information in it..Know all it is just pictures, useless interviews and some recipes...Only part I like about the deep is the letters the fans write in...

Jeremy
  • Options
    boyo79boyo79 Warrington, UK Posts: 6,525
    I honestly can't believe all the moaning here. Yep, the fee is going up but how many people would spend $20 on a PJ tee anyway? Its worth it for the vinyl single alone in my opinion. International membership will cost me roughly £30-£35 - i'll spend that on a night out, i know what i prefer!

I do have one gripe though - when did we last get a Deep magazine!?!?!?
    2000: Manchester
    2006: Dublin; Leeds; Arnhem
    2007: London
    2009: Manchester
    2012: Manchester I & II : EV Manchester : Soundgarden Shepherds Bush
    2013: Brad Manchester : Soundgarden Manchester
    2014: Amsterdam I & II; Berlin; Leeds; Milton Keynes
    2018: Berlin; London II; Boston II

Bootleg Reviews: http://pjbootlegreviews.blogspot.com/
  • Options

Nick Oliveri is next
    Rock Werchter 4 july - 2010, Arras 3 july - 2010, Berlin Wuhlheide - June 30, 2010, Odyssey arena Belfast - 23 june 2010, O2 arena Dublin - june 22 2010, O2 arena London - Aug 18, 2009, Manchester Evening News Arena - Aug 17, 2009, Berlin Wuhlheide - Aug 15, 2009, Copenhagen 2007-06-26 Forum, London 2007-06-18 Wembley Arena, Prague 2006-09-22 Sazka Arena, Denmark 2000-06-30 Roskilde Festival, Stockholm on August 12th Mirrorball tour with Neil Young, Oslo 1993-06-27 Isle of Calf Festival(Kalvoya), Oslo Secret Club Concert 1993-06-26 Sentrum Scene
  • Options
    ontheroadontheroad Posts: 250
    You guys are so predictable. Every announcement by this band and the Ten Club is met with complaints.

To this fan you all come off as a bunch of ungrateful bastards.

For those of you complaining about the tiered membership - you won't get less for choosing to keep your membership price the same. You will still get everything you currently receive. If a hard copy of items is so important to you then you need to decide if it's worth the additional cost. If it isn't - renew at the same rate and get an MP3 and PDF. As long as you are a member you still get the content.

You guys forget that this is a business and the cost of running one includes hiring people to run the Ten Club, increased shipping costs, manufacturing costs, etc.

For those complaining about ticket prices - look around at other comparable bands today. PJ's prices are below their contemporaries. Whether its a ticket to a sporting event or a concert ticket prices increase over a period of time. This isn't 1991 anymore.

And for the person who compared this to the price of an REM membership - what do you get from REM for $12?
    "I remember when you sang that song about today, now it's tomorrow and everything has changed." - Bu$hleaguer
  • Options
    UmbertotambaUmbertotamba Posts: 1,382
    For all the whinners!!!!

If money is sooo tight and the extra $20 is gonna hurt you then don't do it. Also if you are that hard up for the $20, you shouldnt be whinning about the fees going up but just jump out of the fanlclub all together because you should be using it for food/heat/electricity...

So if you are all that upset about it drop from the fanlcub and sell all your PJ stuff....Hopefully you will have a Benaroya Vinyl you will sell to me for $40 since it is against your morales to sell or make profit or bring up the price on anything.

Thank-You and I will now get off my soap box and go purchase an analog renewal!!!
    Springfield MA 94, Hartford CT 96
  • Options
    JeanwahJeanwah Posts: 6,363
    Abe Froman wrote:
    It's nice that you think that... but... consider all the people who've lost their jobs recently. Consider people losing their houses and taking a pay drop. Consider the minimum wage in Ireland being cut by a euro an hour... thereby leaving the worst off in society even worse off by 2000euro a year :shock: .

Yeh, you're right, what's that $20 then? :roll: I used to think like that... then I moved to England where you actually earn pretty much nothing... and quickly learned what money's really worth! :? I think some people need to realise that they're LUCKY that $20 is nothing... and stop looking down on those who think it's something!

10C doesn't care that people may not be able to afford it... Pearl Jam hasn't shown one bit of identifying with the recession or those who have lost their jobs. This is quite clear in their increasing prices...
  • Options
    :lol:
    I can't remember the last time I thought 'wow, this stuff is great!' when receiving a DEEP magazine.
  • Options
    :lol:
    I can't remember the last time I thought 'wow, this stuff is great!' when receiving a DEEP magazine.

Not since the late 90's/Early 2000's
  • Options
    ME91059ME91059 Posts: 49
    Ten Club and especially **Pearl Jam** - Surely you guys would have to approve this ridiculus change.

Given the response from YOUR fans, you should seriously re-consider. I think that you either need to add more to your Analog membership or stick with the 1 all inclusive $20 membership.

If you guys offered something 'rare' it might be worth our while. For instance, you have been filming every single show since the Off Ramp Cafe (possibly before?), why not not throw in an annual rare DVD say from 90-98. Majority of your hardcore fans already have most if not all of your boots and if we haven't bought them, we've traded them with other fans.

I'm in the same boat as all other international fans, my membership has doubled for the added bonus of a shirt that probably won't even fit.

I have veen a fan since 90/91 and have spent several thousands of dollars on CD's, merch, boots, dvd, vinyl and all things Pearl Jam. Heck, over the years I even bought a Yield belt buckle also a Pearl Jam stubbie holder on the Avacado tour.

Unfortunately, all things Pearl Jam are going up. I remember I paid $37.50 for my first Pearl Jam ticket in 95. Yes, I know prices are going to increase over the years, though now to pay $110 per show (including Eddie Vedder shows) is getting up there. Most of the Ten Club go to multiple shows. Living in Australia, majority of us go to every show.

I can afford the increase but like everyone else, I want to be getting more for my money, or at least be able to justify the $50.

As most of your fans were in their teens when the ''Seattle Sound" exploded, we've all grown up and now have mortgages and children, which makes it harder to justify all of your increases.

Time to go back to the drawing board on this one, I just hope that you still stand by your comments of wanting to give as much back to the fans as possible.

There have been several articles on TenClub being the best fan club around and giving back to their fans, I just hope you can turn this around to make that a true statement again.