Options

20th Anniversary Festival!!! Summer 2011

Comments

• Options
    Who has actually heard the interview?
  • Options
    demetrios wrote:
    True. Plus festival show's are the majority GA. There will be pushing & shoving, drunks & junkies all over the place. Hundreds of people charging straight from the back to the front not carry about the woman & children around them. Not everyone is a fan of festival show's.

pfff...no way...they could sell out a weekend festival one shot just to 10c members! people will be coming from all around the world for this one.

"drunks and junkies"? they said it was gonna be in the midwest not New York! :mrgreen:
  • Options
    2-feign-reluctance2-feign-reluctance TigerTown, USA Posts: 23,143
    Nitsua87 wrote:

its in the sticky. you can also listen on gremmie.net mate. i'm listening to it right now. i just quoted what KC said on the show.
    www.cluthelee.com
  • Options
    8181 Needing a ride to Forest Hills and a ounce of weed. Please inquire within. Thanks. Or not. Posts: 58,276
    demetrios wrote:
    CC9172 wrote:
    I'd rather have a tour than a 1-off festival. We all can't be at the festival.

True. Plus festival show's are the majority GA. There will be pushing & shoving, drunks & junkies all over the place. Hundreds of people charging straight from the back to the front not carry about the woman & children around them. Not everyone is a fan of festival show's.

If they play Alpine Valley, there are reserved seats, which is cool. It would be great to experience a return like this, maybe ... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QWoh_DUu54g

they did a nice job at bonnaroo
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • Options
    davidtriosdavidtrios Posts: 9,732
    not sure if this was posted but i found an article about it:

http://consequenceofsound.net/2010/12/0 ... mmer-2011/
  • Options
    demetriosdemetrios Canada Posts: 87,850
    demetrios wrote:

pfff...no way...they could sell out a weekend festival one shot just to 10c members! people will be coming from all around the world for this one.

I wish it would be all 10club member's. Though it'll probably be another 10% - 30% of the venue to 10club tickets & the 70% going to Ticketmaster/Live Nation jam.
  • Options
    pjsteelerfanpjsteelerfan Maryland Posts: 9,883
    ...got a mind full of questions and a teacher in my soul...
  • Options
    Nitsua87 wrote:

its in the sticky. you can also listen on gremmie.net mate. i'm listening to it right now. i just quoted what KC said on the show.

Just heard it....AWESOME. If it pans out, i'm in Oklahoma and I will DEFINATELY be there. Can't wait..
  • Options
    MayDay10MayDay10 Posts: 11,611
    As long as its not before July 10th Ill be there no matter where it is
  • Options
    Indifference71Indifference71 Chicago Posts: 14,746
    Dear Pearl Jam,

Chicago as been done to death. Why not drive a little more north to a place called Alpine Valley in East Troy, Wisconsin. DMB and Jimmy Buffett play Alpine every summer and make it work. So for 2011 let's make it happen.......... Please!!!! :)

While Chicago would make it very easy for me, Alpine would be perfect for this!!

It's just a little drive up north that's all. ;)

Have something in Chicago one day and then the next nite have a 10c show at Alpine. :)

I like the way you think patrick.

I already told my gf to clear our schedule for the summer just to be safe...
  • Options
    SoybeansSoybeans Posts: 245
    Kelly has no idea what he just started with this rumor....

The stick figure will be the new burning man!
    90 shows and counting...some of my favs: Randall's Island night 2, Milwaukee '95 night 2, Hawaii '06, St Johns '05, PJ20!
  • Options
    Maybe I'm being selfish but can you really resist the thought of this backdrop for a 20th anniversary festival?

thegorge.jpg
  • Options
    Maybe I'm being selfish but can you really resist the thought of this backdrop for a 20th anniversary festival?

thegorge.jpg

that's fucking awesome! where is that?!
  • Options

thegorge.jpg

that's fucking awesome! where is that?!

THE GORGE BABY!!!!
  • Options
    Woot! Just give me the dates.....Need to schedule vacation.
  • Options
    Woot! Just give me the dates.....Need to schedule vacation.

http://forums.pearljam.com/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=138608

PERHAPS THIS :?: :?: :?: :roll:
  • Options
    samjamsamjam New York Posts: 9,283
    Awesome news!!! I just pray to god that I'd be able to make this if it does happen!
    "Sometimes you find yourself having to put all your faith in no faith."
    ~not a dude~
    2010: MSGx2
    2012: Made In America
    2013: Pittsburgh, Brooklynx2, Hartford, Baltimore
    2014: Leeds, Milton Keynes, Detroit
    2015: Global Citizen Festival
    2016: Phillyx2, MSGx2, Fenwayx2
    2018: Barcelona, Wrigleyx2
  • Options
    goatgoat Posts: 90
    I don’t think San Diego would qualify as the middle of the country, neither does the gorge, but If I’m going on a road trip that’s where I’d want to go. Unless Maui has a suitable venue.
    San Diego 10/25/00, 6/5/03, 7/7/06, 10/9/09, 11/21/13 LA 10/1/09, 11/23/13 VH1 Rock Honors 7/17/08, Hawaii 12/9/06 Bridge School 10/23/10, 10/23/11 EV 4/15/08, 4/16/08, 7/5/11, 7/8/11
  • Options
    GardenpartyGardenparty Posts: 1,908
    Maybe PJ will be invited to curate Lollapalooza (like the ATP festivals).

Would be perfect for 20 years of PJ and the festival. and PJ choosing all the acts :D
    “I know this song so well, I can smoke a cigarette, have a drink, brush my teeth, take a shit, and mow the lawn while singing it. But I'll only be doing a couple of those things during this version.”
  • Options
    dimitrispearljamdimitrispearljam NINUNINOPRO Posts: 139,158
    i dont understand you guys talking about festival...curtis clear that up...
    he said"I didn't call it a festival" and he said a 2 day 20th anniversary party/celebration
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • Options
    tremorstremors Posts: 8,051
    he said"I didn't call it a festival" and he said a 2 day 20th anniversary party/celebration

You tell 'em dimi! I only caught the second part of the show, so am unqualified to comment
    Cancel my subscription to the Ressurection
    Send my credentials to the house of detention

lettherecordsplay1x.gif?t=1377796878
  • Options
    8181 Needing a ride to Forest Hills and a ounce of weed. Please inquire within. Thanks. Or not. Posts: 58,276
    tremors wrote:

You tell 'em dimi! I only caught the second part of the show, so am unqualified to comment

call it what you will, but they were talking outdoors and camping.
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • Options
    http://www.megaupload.com/?d=2P7YJOCQ
    norm upload it .the whole show
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • Options
    81 wrote:
    tremors wrote:

call it what you will, but they were talking outdoors and camping.
    im talking about music..not the rest..not sure if gonna be line up like festivals..we wait and see..
  • Options
    pjsteelerfanpjsteelerfan Maryland Posts: 9,883
    http://www.megaupload.com/?d=2P7YJOCQ
    norm upload it .the whole show

Or read it. http://forums.pearljam.com/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=144001&p=3338260#p3338260

I still think a two day event with maybe a opening band or two of their friends will be fun. I like the idea of a huge place like Alpine Valley. I just don't know how they wil lwork the pavillion seating for it, I can already see people going crazy if they did not have seats unfortunatly.
    ...got a mind full of questions and a teacher in my soul...
  • Options
    I hope they announce the dates soon. I want to put in for the days off from work. My boss already asked when Pearl Jam was touring again cause he knows that is when I take my vacation time. LOL!
    8/29/00, 7/3/03, 5/24/06,6/28/08 & 6/30/08, 10/9/09,10/28/09, 10/30/09 & 10/31/09, 5/15/10, 5/17/10, 5/18/10, 5/20/10 & 5/21/10, 10/23/10 & 10/24/10, 9/3/11, 9/4/11, 9/11/11, 9/12/11, 9/23/11, 9/22/12, 9/30/12, 7/16/13, 7/19/13
  • Options
    If they mean the middle of the country as in the middle of the state of Washington, then the Gorge makes perfect sense! Well, unfortunately they are snubbing Seattle (Magnuson Park anyone? It would make sense), and it will probably be Chicago. But I hope its enough of a success, that they plan one in lieu of Dave Matthews Band at the Gorge next year!
    Member Number: 437xxx

Pearl Jam:
    Key Arena - Seattle, WA - Sep 21, 2009
    Pacific Coliseum - Vancouver, BC - Sep 25, 2011
    Key Arena - Seattle, WA - Dec 6, 2013

Eddie Vedder Solo:
    Benaroya Hall - Seattle, WA - Jul 15, 2011
  • Options
    Could be the Big D too... they owe Texas.
    GoiMTvP.gif
  • Options
    josevolutionjosevolution Posts: 28,299
    Fuck yeah that will be a blast two days worth of drunk Speedy :lol::lol: you bet i'm there that's why i won't attend anyother shows at all i save myself for events like this :mrgreen::mrgreen: ....
    jesus greets me looks just like me ....
  • Options
    mfc2006mfc2006 HTOWN Posts: 37,385
    Could be the Big D too... they owe Texas.

if that's the case, i will be an extremely happy man. is it 2011 yet??? 8-)
    I LOVE MUSIC.
    www.cluthelee.com
    www.cluthe.com