Options

20th Anniversary Festival!!! Summer 2011

Comments

• Options
    Take me piece by piece.....
    Till there aint nothing left worth taking away from me.....
  • Options
    Ohhh Awesome!! I'm so in!!

I just hope it's not too far south. Nothing against those cities or the people who live there...It's just I'd rather be in like 85-90 degree's than 120 degree heat.

My preference would be mostly indoor events because me and extreme heat don't get along that well lol.

YAY Pearl Jam weekend!
    "Rock and roll is something that can't be quantified, sometimes it's not even something you hear, but FEEL!" - Bob Lefsetz
  • Options
    Take me piece by piece.....
    Till there aint nothing left worth taking away from me.....
  • Options
    En La ClandestinidadEn La Clandestinidad Telford, PA by way of Kansas City, MO and Milwaukee, WI, Phoenix, AZ and East Greenbush, NY Posts: 3,625
    How about Summerfest in Milwaukee, bitches!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :mrgreen:

Though Alpine Valley would definitely do. It's gotta be somewhere where I might have some good ticket or venue connections.......just sayin' :mrgreen:

EDIT: best locale: Miller Park!!
    Formerly Brew Crew Tix
    “If the world hates you, keep in mind that it hated me first. If you belonged to the world, it would love you as its own. As it is, you do not belong to the world, but I have chosen you out of the world.
  • Options
    QuarterToTenQuarterToTen Cincinnati, Ohio Posts: 3,626
  • Options
    dwhite76dwhite76 Posts: 2,801
    JOEJOEJOE wrote:
    Do it somewhere near Los Angeles, since we all know it is the center of the universe!
    Phoenix AZ, Is the best place toplay. Close to LA but dont have to deal with the trafic and the weather at night is always perfect :D ( It dont hurt I live near by too.)
    Some words when spoken...Can't be taken back...
  • Options
    See you all there!
    1996 - Ft Lauderdale
    1998 - West Palm Beach 1
    2000 - West Palm Beach 1&2
    2003 - WPB,Tampa,Atlanta,Camden 1&2,MSG 1&2, Boston 3,Hershey Park
    2004 - Asheville, Kissimmee
    2008 - West Palm Beach,Tampa,Columbia,Virginia Beach, Mansfield 1&2
    2010 - Hartford,Boston,Newark, MSG 1&2
    2011 - PJ20 1&2, Costa Rica
    2013 - Wrigley,Brooklyn 1&2,Seattle
    2014 - Denver,Mountain View 1&2
    2015 - Bogata, Mexico City
    2016 - Ft Lauderdale,Miami,Tampa,NYC 1&2,Telluride,Fenway 1&2,Wrigley 1&2

• Options
    Rossum20Rossum20 Posts: 910
    Lambeau Field...they are taking summer music acts next summer! Unfortunately the first on tap is Kenny Chesney...lets give Lambeau the proper show it deserves! Alpine also works. I would love for the show to have seats so they can put all the 10c members together...seems important if its a PEARL JAM 20th anniversary celebration.

flyover_poster.jpg
  • Options
    maynardsuxmaynardsux Posts: 1,085
    Neil wrote:
    Detroit is in the middle of the country (sort of)... Plus there's no one left in Michigan, plenty of space!

Welcome Pearl Jam :)

+1
    '93 Toronto
    '94 Detroit
    '10 Columbus
    '11 Detroit (Eddie solo), Toronto 1 and 2, Ottawa, Hamilton
    '13 London, Pittsburgh, Buffalo
    '14 Detroit
    '16 Ottawa, Toronto 1 and 2, Chicago 1 and 2
    '18 Chicago 1 and 2
    '22 Hamilton, Toronto
  • Options
    dimitrispearljamdimitrispearljam NINUNINOPRO Posts: 139,158
    I wanna share a tent with Dimi, Norm and Hoff ;):lol:
    i hope you have a silky girly ass.!!i love to move my hands when im sleeping!!! :D:lol:
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • Options
    susannj wrote:
    This will be amazing hope I can go - just am really curious where it will be?

hope you can go too ;) :oops:
    hey!!!if she can come..then me,hoff,norm and black diamond have a tent :mrgreen:
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • Options
    susannj wrote:
    This will be amazing hope I can go - just am really curious where it will be?

hope you can go too ;) :oops:
    hey!!!if she can come..then me,hoff,norm and black diamond have a tent :mrgreen:

hi im chopped liver :evil:
  • Options
    I'm so there. Live In Arkansas, so the middle of the country SHOULD be close, but you never know. There is nothing better than a PJ travel week/weekend. Been to Chicago and NYC/Boston/NJ (twice). I always prefer these to driving to see them in Dallas, which is 5 hours away. I always love to see PJ in a foreign place. It makes it so much better. It makes the show seem like home. You don't know where you are, but once you get to the show and you hear your favorite band, no matter where you are, you're home.
    I wanna taste... everyone I see....

• Options

you babysitting,,,real babies,not the other babies me and norm do :D
  • Options
    tremorstremors Posts: 8,051
    This sounds awesome. Time will tell if I can be there...... I like the way it is the Hoff running this thread though, feels kind of fitting :lol:
    Cancel my subscription to the Ressurection
    Send my credentials to the house of detention

lettherecordsplay1x.gif?t=1377796878
  • Options
    I will be there, as long as I'm not broke!
  • Options
    so weekend party!!whohoo!!!!!!,,and Canada is in tour plans for 2011... ;)
  • Options
    tremorstremors Posts: 8,051
    so weekend party!!whohoo!!!!!!,,and Canada is in tour plans for 2011... ;)

dimi - you're barred. There's gonna be waay too many female Pearl Jam fans in one place for YOU to be trusted around
    Cancel my subscription to the Ressurection
    Send my credentials to the house of detention

lettherecordsplay1x.gif?t=1377796878
  • Options
    Dear Pearl Jam,

Chicago as been done to death. Why not drive a little more north to a place called Alpine Valley in East Troy, Wisconsin. DMB and Jimmy Buffett play Alpine every summer and make it work. So for 2011 let's make it happen.......... Please!!!! :)
  • Options
    i ll try to go to this weekend party..not festival as Kelly curtis said...
    but a friend in facebook wrotr me a brilliant idea..
    they must do a live streaming of it so the the ones who can't make it can watch it :)
    its fair for all cant travel to the states.
  • Options
    Indifference71Indifference71 Chicago Posts: 14,747
    Dear Pearl Jam,

Chicago as been done to death. Why not drive a little more north to a place called Alpine Valley in East Troy, Wisconsin. DMB and Jimmy Buffett play Alpine every summer and make it work. So for 2011 let's make it happen.......... Please!!!! :)

While Chicago would make it very easy for me, Alpine would be perfect for this!!
  • Options
    davidtriosdavidtrios Posts: 9,732
    :D:D:D
  • Options
    UKpearljammerUKpearljammer Bath, UK Posts: 910
    This would be amazing if it comes off, I emailed Liz Burns suggesting this a while back, not that I'm foolish enough to think that I gave them this idea or anything, but maybe it helped just a little. If it was a PJ related weekend/party/festival celebrating their 20 years together, I'd defo fly over from the UK. Alpine Valley or the Gorge would be awesome. I wish they would give more notice on these things (tours/shows) though as something like this should be for PJ fans worldwide and some people need a while to save up, book time off etc, especially for something potentially as special as this.
    My PJ shows:
    London 28/10/96, Las Vegas 11/7/98, London 29/5/00, Nurnburg 11/6/00, Prague 14/6/00, Salzburg 18/6/00, Verona 20/6/00, Milan 22/6/00, Zurich 23/6/00, New York 8-9/7/03, Boston 11/7/03, Reading Festival 27/8/06, Shepards Bush 11/8/09, Berlin 15/8/09, Manchester 17/8/09, London 18/8/09, Dublin 22/6/10, Belfast 23/6/10, London (HRC) 25/6/10, Alpine Valley (PJ20) 3-4/9/11, Manchester 20-21/6/12, Leeds 8/7/14, Milton Keynes 11/7/14 To be continued....
  • Options
    JeanwahJeanwah Posts: 6,363
    Why a festival and not a full-length PJ show? I bet a lot of people would prefer the latter... I know I would! A festival just isn't as enticing.
    they must do a live streaming of it so the the ones who can't make it can watch it :)
    its fair for all cant travel to the states.

This is a great idea (since seeing Foo Fighters do it). They REALLY should do this. Wherever they are.
  • Options
    Dear Pearl Jam,

While Chicago would make it very easy for me, Alpine would be perfect for this!!

It's just a little drive up north that's all. ;)

Have something in Chicago one day and then the next nite have a 10c show at Alpine. :)
  • Options
    CC9172CC9172 northern new jersey Posts: 124
    I'd rather have a tour than a 1-off festival. We all can't be at the festival.
  • Options
    Not at all... I am just afraid I won't be able to keep my hands off you :shock: :mrgreen:
    GoiMTvP.gif
  • Options
    pjsteelerfanpjsteelerfan Maryland Posts: 9,883
    CC9172 wrote:

I would immagne there is goign to be tour dates as well. The Festival will be along weekend along with them.
    ...got a mind full of questions and a teacher in my soul...
  • Options
    CC9172 wrote:

They are not going to tour again for Backspacer. Why would they? I cna't foresee another full legnth tour until another album is released.
    Member 164xxx

8/15/92, 9/28/96, 8/28/98, 8/29/98, 9/18/98, 8/3/00, 8/9/00, 8/10/00, 8/23/00, 8/25/00, 9/1/00, 9/2/00, 4/28/03, 6/18/03, 7/5/03, 7/6/03, 10/1/04, 10/3/05, 6/19/08, 10/27/09, 10/31/09, 5/21/10, 9/3/11, 9/4/11, 10/21/13

More to Come....
  • Options
    Not at all... I am just afraid I won't be able to keep my hands off you :shock: :mrgreen:

yeah after the last time in the pub...you almost got me barred