Options

Formula One Freaks-this is it!

1444547495054

Comments

  • Options
    erebuserebus Posts: 558
    Congratulations Checo!!!!

    1996: Toronto
    2003: St. Paul
    2005: Thunder Bay
    2008: West Palm Beach, Tampa
    2009: Chicago I, Chicago II
    2010: Boston
    2011: Toronto I, Toronto II, Winnipeg
    2012: Missoula
    2013: London, Pittsburgh, Buffalo
    2014: St. Paul, Milwaukee
    2016: Quebec City, Ottawa, Toronto I, Toronto II
    2022: Hamilton, Toronto 
    2023: St. Paul I, St. Paul II
    2024: Vancouver I, Vancouver II
  • Options
    PapPap Aspra Spitia, Greece Posts: 28,473
    edited May 2022
    Two things: Max should have gotten a penalty for crossing the exit line, and there should have been a standing start after the red flag. 
    Athens 2006 / Milton Keynes 2014 / London 1&2 2022 / Seattle 1&2 2024 / Dublin 2024 / Manchester 2024 / London 2024
  • Options
    RygarRygar Posts: 8,685
    Being a Ferrari fan is the worst, what a bunch of incompetent boobs.
  • Options
    Get_RightGet_Right Posts: 12,483
    And I think the FIA started the two hour timer before any green flag. 

  • Options
    PapPap Aspra Spitia, Greece Posts: 28,473
    Rygar said: Being a Ferrari fan is the worst, what a bunch of incompetent boobs.
    It ain't over till the fat lady sings. Where's your Hambone or 'silver arrows' (:lol:) now?
    Athens 2006 / Milton Keynes 2014 / London 1&2 2022 / Seattle 1&2 2024 / Dublin 2024 / Manchester 2024 / London 2024
  • Options
    RygarRygar Posts: 8,685
    Get_Right said:
    And I think the FIA started the two hour timer before any green flag. 

    Yup, they started it 4 or 5 minutes before they left the pit lane I think.
    Pap said:
    Rygar said: Being a Ferrari fan is the worst, what a bunch of incompetent boobs.
    It ain't over till the fat lady sings. Where's your Hambone or 'silver arrows' (:lol:) now?
    I almost feel bad for Hambone.  Almost.
    Ferrari don't fill me with confidence :D
  • Options
    Get_RightGet_Right Posts: 12,483
    Killed me not being in Montreal this past weekend.  Loved the wet qually, and the race was enjoyable.  Max seems to be unstoppable. 
  • Options
    erebuserebus Posts: 558
    Yes good race.
    Sainz was making it interesting.  Good for Hammy, Merc are getting stronger. 
    Was disappointed for Checo and Schumi
    Alonso is still a great character going into his 40's
    1996: Toronto
    2003: St. Paul
    2005: Thunder Bay
    2008: West Palm Beach, Tampa
    2009: Chicago I, Chicago II
    2010: Boston
    2011: Toronto I, Toronto II, Winnipeg
    2012: Missoula
    2013: London, Pittsburgh, Buffalo
    2014: St. Paul, Milwaukee
    2016: Quebec City, Ottawa, Toronto I, Toronto II
    2022: Hamilton, Toronto 
    2023: St. Paul I, St. Paul II
    2024: Vancouver I, Vancouver II
  • Options
    qontheboardqontheboard Posts: 774
    Just got back from Montreal. Really fun race. Too bad Sainz couldn't pull off the pass on Max.
       
  • Options
    RygarRygar Posts: 8,685
    Get_Right said:
    Killed me not being in Montreal this past weekend.  Loved the wet qually, and the race was enjoyable.  Max seems to be unstoppable. 
    I was wondering if you made the trip this year. Max' championship to lose, gotta think only reliability can stop him.
  • Options
    Get_RightGet_Right Posts: 12,483
    Rygar said:
    Get_Right said:
    Killed me not being in Montreal this past weekend.  Loved the wet qually, and the race was enjoyable.  Max seems to be unstoppable. 
    I was wondering if you made the trip this year. Max' championship to lose, gotta think only reliability can stop him.

    Yeah our tickets, which we purchased in 2019, somehow got cancelled and the prices increased. By the time we figured it out, everything was sold out. Prices actually came down close to the event, but we just passed. We will think about it for next year, and we still have Austin to look forward to in October. Actually contemplating a race in Europe next year. Agree on reliability.  Looking forward to the rest of the season.
  • Options
    RygarRygar Posts: 8,685
    Get_Right said:
    Rygar said:
    Get_Right said:
    Killed me not being in Montreal this past weekend.  Loved the wet qually, and the race was enjoyable.  Max seems to be unstoppable. 
    I was wondering if you made the trip this year. Max' championship to lose, gotta think only reliability can stop him.

    Yeah our tickets, which we purchased in 2019, somehow got cancelled and the prices increased. By the time we figured it out, everything was sold out. Prices actually came down close to the event, but we just passed. We will think about it for next year, and we still have Austin to look forward to in October. Actually contemplating a race in Europe next year. Agree on reliability.  Looking forward to the rest of the season.
    I would like to hit a European race some day as well.  I was actually in Switzerland during the Italian GP a few years back and couldn't convince my friend to go!
  • Options
    PapPap Aspra Spitia, Greece Posts: 28,473
    edited June 2022
    How wasn't Charles voted 'Driver of the Day'? He started 19th and finished 5th! Come on you people...
    Athens 2006 / Milton Keynes 2014 / London 1&2 2022 / Seattle 1&2 2024 / Dublin 2024 / Manchester 2024 / London 2024
  • Options
    RygarRygar Posts: 8,685
    Pap said:
    How wasn't Charles voted 'Driver of the Day'? He started 19th and finished 5th! Come on you people...
    He was voted DotD.
  • Options
    PapPap Aspra Spitia, Greece Posts: 28,473
    Rygar said:
    Pap said:
    How wasn't Charles voted 'Driver of the Day'? He started 19th and finished 5th! Come on you people...
    He was voted DotD.
    Cool! :smiley:
    Athens 2006 / Milton Keynes 2014 / London 1&2 2022 / Seattle 1&2 2024 / Dublin 2024 / Manchester 2024 / London 2024
  • Options
    erebuserebus Posts: 558
    What a race!
    found myself cheering for Hammy at the end to win his home race, but great racing.
    finally points for Schumi too!
    1996: Toronto
    2003: St. Paul
    2005: Thunder Bay
    2008: West Palm Beach, Tampa
    2009: Chicago I, Chicago II
    2010: Boston
    2011: Toronto I, Toronto II, Winnipeg
    2012: Missoula
    2013: London, Pittsburgh, Buffalo
    2014: St. Paul, Milwaukee
    2016: Quebec City, Ottawa, Toronto I, Toronto II
    2022: Hamilton, Toronto 
    2023: St. Paul I, St. Paul II
    2024: Vancouver I, Vancouver II
  • Options
    eddieceddiec Posts: 3,842
    edited July 2022
    erebus said:
    What a race!
    found myself cheering for Hammy at the end to win his home race, but great racing.
    finally points for Schumi too!
    Yeah, that was the best ten closing laps I've seen for a long time.
    Post edited by eddiec on
  • Options
    lastexitlondonlastexitlondon Posts: 12,303
    Great  race. 
    brixton 93
    astoria 06
    albany 06
    hartford 06
    reading 06
    barcelona 06
    paris 06
    wembley 07
    dusseldorf 07
    nijmegen 07

    this song is meant to be called i got shit,itshould be called i got shit tickets-hartford 06 -
  • Options
    Get_RightGet_Right Posts: 12,483
    Most exciting race in awhile and glad it was not messed up by a silly rule or a judgement call. Scary crash. Max was acting like a crybaby. 
  • Options
    erebuserebus Posts: 558
    Max was acting like a crybaby”

    I’ve seen all the #1 drivers on their teams whine over the years. Lewis is always doom and gloom and then finishes high in the points. Max, Vettel, Alonso have all done it when they were favourites and now Leclerc is doing it too. Egos on F1 drivers is massive
    1996: Toronto
    2003: St. Paul
    2005: Thunder Bay
    2008: West Palm Beach, Tampa
    2009: Chicago I, Chicago II
    2010: Boston
    2011: Toronto I, Toronto II, Winnipeg
    2012: Missoula
    2013: London, Pittsburgh, Buffalo
    2014: St. Paul, Milwaukee
    2016: Quebec City, Ottawa, Toronto I, Toronto II
    2022: Hamilton, Toronto 
    2023: St. Paul I, St. Paul II
    2024: Vancouver I, Vancouver II
  • Options
    Get_RightGet_Right Posts: 12,483
    erebus said:
    “Max was acting like a crybaby”

    I’ve seen all the #1 drivers on their teams whine over the years. Lewis is always doom and gloom and then finishes high in the points. Max, Vettel, Alonso have all done it when they were favourites and now Leclerc is doing it too. Egos on F1 drivers is massive

    Agree. Max just seemed a bit more cranky than usual. 
  • Options
    erebuserebus Posts: 558
    I kind of like Hamilton, Vettel and Alonso more now that they have matured. Couldn't stand them when their egos were massive.
    Currently Max, Russell and Leclerc are insufferable 

    Lando seems to be pretty normal 

    On a side note, why can't Aussie drivers be successful? Webber and Riccardo,  nice guys, but couldn't string together wins
    1996: Toronto
    2003: St. Paul
    2005: Thunder Bay
    2008: West Palm Beach, Tampa
    2009: Chicago I, Chicago II
    2010: Boston
    2011: Toronto I, Toronto II, Winnipeg
    2012: Missoula
    2013: London, Pittsburgh, Buffalo
    2014: St. Paul, Milwaukee
    2016: Quebec City, Ottawa, Toronto I, Toronto II
    2022: Hamilton, Toronto 
    2023: St. Paul I, St. Paul II
    2024: Vancouver I, Vancouver II
  • Options
    PapPap Aspra Spitia, Greece Posts: 28,473
    F1 qualifying results Carlos Sainz takes first career pole position for  British Grand Prix  The Independent
    Athens 2006 / Milton Keynes 2014 / London 1&2 2022 / Seattle 1&2 2024 / Dublin 2024 / Manchester 2024 / London 2024
  • Options
    Get_RightGet_Right Posts: 12,483
    No comments from you Ferrari fans?  I love the Austrian Grand Prix. Great racing this past weekend. Bummed for Checo and the Haas drivers were impressive even though I hate saying that.  Looks like young Schumacher can actually drive.
  • Options
    RygarRygar Posts: 8,685
    edited July 2022
    Get_Right said:
    No comments from you Ferrari fans?  I love the Austrian Grand Prix. Great racing this past weekend. Bummed for Checo and the Haas drivers were impressive even though I hate saying that.  Looks like young Schumacher can actually drive.
     :D first win in 3 months is fun for what it is but doesn't mean much in the long run unless they all of a sudden maintain that pace advantage and stop blowing up, neither of which I expect.
  • Options
    lastexitlondonlastexitlondon Posts: 12,303
    Lots of failure s this  year.
    brixton 93
    astoria 06
    albany 06
    hartford 06
    reading 06
    barcelona 06
    paris 06
    wembley 07
    dusseldorf 07
    nijmegen 07

    this song is meant to be called i got shit,itshould be called i got shit tickets-hartford 06 -
  • Options
    Get_RightGet_Right Posts: 12,483
    Rygar said:
    Get_Right said:
    No comments from you Ferrari fans?  I love the Austrian Grand Prix. Great racing this past weekend. Bummed for Checo and the Haas drivers were impressive even though I hate saying that.  Looks like young Schumacher can actually drive.
     :D first win in 3 months is fun for what it is but doesn't mean much in the long run unless they all of a sudden maintain that pace advantage and stop blowing up, neither of which I expect.

    They have a good car, a very strong power unit, and two great drivers.  Long way to go. 
  • Options
    Get_RightGet_Right Posts: 12,483
    Ferarri cannot get out of its own way.  Good race in France.
  • Options
    PapPap Aspra Spitia, Greece Posts: 28,473
    Formula 1 on Twitter Carlos Sainz is your salesforce Driver Of The Day   From P19 to P5 the super Spaniard put in an incredibly strong drive to  collect important points for
    Athens 2006 / Milton Keynes 2014 / London 1&2 2022 / Seattle 1&2 2024 / Dublin 2024 / Manchester 2024 / London 2024
  • Options
    Get_RightGet_Right Posts: 12,483
    Carlos did drive well, but I think everyone was scratching their heads when he pitted late in the race.
Sign In or Register to comment.