Options

Formula One Freaks-this is it!

Comments

• Options
    RygarRygar Posts: 8,685
    I dunno about Alonso, but that was awesome!
  • Options
    PapPap Aspra Spitia, Greece Posts: 28,323
    Ferrari is back!
    Athens 2006 / Milton Keynes 2014 / London 1&2 2022 / Seattle 1&2 2024 / Dublin 2024 / Manchester 2024 / London 2024
  • Options
    Pap said:

Ferrari is back!

Great drive from Kimi too, what rotten luck. Obviously conditions favoured Ferrari (hereafter referred to as "us" in true fan fashion) but it was great to see a victory against Merc without reliability being the reason why. And more importantly, 3 DNFs made this race so much better than the amateur-feel opener in Australia.
  • Options
    AusticmanAusticman Posts: 1,323
    Cracking race! Great to see a competitive happy Seb so early in the year. RBR disappointing. The brake dust that was coming off them was horrifying. I cringed every time I saw it waiting for an ugly accident when they finally disintegrated.

All in all though just an awesome race and result.
    I can't go the library anymore, everyone STINKS!!
  • Options
    That brake dust was coming off really early in the race too. They did well to manage it the whole race.

I thought Alonso was going to score some points for the rivals but no such luck. Those boys have some work to do!
  • Options
    Get_RightGet_Right Posts: 12,479
    Great race! Good to see a challenge to Mercedes. Honda has a long way to go, for sure.
  • Options
    Probably back to normal if the conditions in China are as expected, but it would be nice to see Merc not have it all their way the entire season.

RBR and Renault are really at each other's throats.
  • Options
    eddieceddiec Posts: 3,838
    I can't watch any interviews with Hamilton. The guy wears diamond earrings. And they're not even manly, they're like chick earrings. Now I keep focusing on these things and how ridiculous they look. I can almost deal with the arm length tattoos that pro athletes tend to have now but chick earrings? C'mon now.
  • Options
    So based on long-runs in free practice it looks like we may have a race on Sunday. Here's for hoping!
  • Options
    eddiec said:

I can't watch any interviews with Hamilton. The guy wears diamond earrings. And they're not even manly, they're like chick earrings. Now I keep focusing on these things and how ridiculous they look. I can almost deal with the arm length tattoos that pro athletes tend to have now but chick earrings? C'mon now.

Add some gold bling to that list haha!
  • Options
    That's it Kimi! :clap:
    Athens 2006 / Milton Keynes 2014 / London 1&2 2022 / Seattle 1&2 2024 / Dublin 2024 / Manchester 2024 / London 2024
  • Options
    Pap said:

That's it Kimi! :clap:

Very happy to see the Iceman driving like that!
  • Options
    normnorm I'm always home. I'm uncool. Posts: 31,147
    Before David Letterman became a comedian and late-night talk show host, the Indianapolis native was a big fan of the drivers who competed in the Indy 500. But Letterman’s favorite driver was not one that ever competed at the Indianapolis Motor Speedway or in an IndyCar.
    “It’s not an IndyCar driver but he could have been great and that was Ayrton Senna,” Letterman said.
    The motorsports world commemorates the death of the great three-time Formula One Racing champion, who was killed in a crash in the San Marino Grand Prix at Imola on May 1, 1994. He was just 34 years old.
    Friday is the 21st anniversary of his death and, to date, Senna is the last driver to die in a Formula One race.
    As Letterman prepares to end his 33-year career as a late-night television talk show host, first on NBC’s Late Night with David Letterman and since 1993 as the host of “The Late Show with David Letterman” on CBS, he reflected on his favorite driver.
    “I just like what he did,” Letterman said. “I like that he was a gifted driver but also a brat. Often, if he thought he was treated unfairly he would take it out on the track. It seemed like a more innocent version of racing than we have now. I like what he represented to the people of the world and the people of Brazil.
    “My wife and I got to meet him at a Formula One race in Phoenix. Ron Dennis invited us into the motorhome and Ayrton – a kid – very sweet and kept handing out helmet pins. I was touched by that.”
    Letterman is long-time co-team owner in the Verizon IndyCar Series along with three-time CART champion and 1986 Indianapolis 500 winner Bobby Rahal and South Chicago industrialist Michael Lanigan. Graham Rahal is the driver on Letterman’s IndyCar team.
    Twenty-one years ago that ugly day at Imola changed the sport of Formula One forever. It was just one day after Austria’s Roland Ratzenberger was killed in a crash during Saturday’s qualifying when the front wing broke off his car in the Villeneuve corner.
    On May 1, 1994 Senna rounded the high-speed Tamburello corner on Lap 7, his car left the racing line at around 191 miles an hour, continued at high-speed in a straight line off the track, and hit the concrete retaining wall at around 145 mph, killing the Brazilian that many consider the greatest race driver ever.
    “When he died it was almost too poetic that the greatest, most beloved is killed at what he is best at,” Letterman recalled. “It was too perfect an ending. Almost destined. Maybe for not all the right reasons but that is what I would say.
    “I always admired Jimmy Clark and Jackie Stewart. Bobby Rahal reminded me of Alain Prost. Smart guys. One year Bobby Rahal and Michael Andretti were chasing each other for the championship and Bobby was unable to finish the race and that meant Michael would win the championship. The first thing Bobby did when he got out of the car was go to Andretti’s pit and congratulates the crew. That’s a guy so I can’t take him out of the equation of favorite drivers.
    “But in terms of romanticism of racing, the emotional appeal and mysticism that has enveloped his legacy it would be Ayrton Senna.”
    http://www.foxsports.com/motor/story/david-letterman-ayrton-senna-050115
  • Options
    Bravisimo Vettel! :clap: What happened to Kimi was unfair... :angry:
  • Options
    Pap said:

Considering Alonso got penalised for doing the same thing, I agree,

Hambone got robbed, ok with me though!
  • Options
    Rygar said:

Hambone got robbed...

That's true, but that allowed Rosberg to enter the small club of F1 drivers who have won three races in a row.

• Options
    You mean three Monacos in a row, and yes it did. It also served to put them within 10 pts of each other and liven up this championship before Hambone's dominance puts us all to sleep.
  • Options
    Rygar said:

You mean three Monacos in a row...

Absolutely. Thanks for clarifying that.

• Options
    Rygar said:

Pap said:

Considering Alonso got penalised for doing the same thing, I agree,

Hambone got robbed, ok with me though!
    I'm ok with it.

• Options
  • Options
    Great race with a lot of interesting overtakes!
  • Options
    Ferrari's pit-stops need to be improved urgently! :angry:
  • Options
  • Options
    Pap said:
    That looks great.

• Options
    IdrisIdris Posts: 2,317
    eddiec said:

Pap said:
    That looks great.

I'm slightly turned on lmao! Those things are sexy,
  • Options
    :smiley:
  • Options
    Great race! Let it rain today...
  • Options
    IdrisIdris Posts: 2,317
    Guess who's getting a racing Simulator?! Meee! (looking at a month and a bit)

• Options
    ^ Wow! That's great! :flushed: Enjoy!
  • Options
    Jason PJason P Posts: 19,123
    Idris said:

Guess who's getting a racing Simulator?! Meee! (looking at a month and a bit)

This is my racing simulator ...