Options

MUMFORD AND SONS!!!!!!!

Comments

• Options
    STAYSEASTAYSEA Posts: 3,814
    Just got an email! New tour dates for east coast!
    Limited edition vinyl available to preorder!

the Mumford and sons fan club/website...

Surprise show in Boston, after L.A.

Happy Monday for me.

They could make it South... I think it's possible!

I am optimistic :D
  • Options
    Shocked that Babel won album of the year. I honestly didnt even think it deserved to be nominated.
    There were a lot better albums released that deserved to have that spot.
    It was an ok album, not nearly as good as "Sigh No More"

I agree. "Babel" isn't as great. It turned on a bunch of new fans, and sold more copies. "Sigh No More" is my favorite! It knocked my socks completely off. :lol: They are still finding their way....

Winnie should win a nickname prize. Poor Guy.
  • Options
    Dr. DelightDr. Delight Posts: 11,210
    Where/When they playing Boston?
    And so you see, I have come to doubt
    All that I once held as true
    I stand alone without beliefs
    The only truth I know is you.
  • Options
    Sorry I didn't read the whole thing. Some how I changed the font in my gmail. I can't read the font with out repasted and changing it? It gives me a headache

The band touched down in the US early last week and kicked things off with a secret show in Boston, before jumping into their East Coast US tour, pausing momentarily to pay a visit to LA over the weekend for a little awards ceremony...

Last week also saw the announcement of 5 Gentlemen of the Road Stopover shows - in the UK, Canada and the US - featuring, across selected events, Vampire Weekend, The Vaccines, Old Crow Medicine Show, Willy Mason and many more.

Tickets are on sale now at www.gentlemenoftheroad.com.

Webstore update: Whispers In The Dark 7" + t-shirts

The Official Webstore has recently received a new shipment of fine wares including tour tshirts to commemorate the recent US dates, posters and other such swag.

Most excitingly you can now pre-order the limited edition Whispers In The Dark 7" vinyl, only 1,000 copies of which will be made available worldwide.
  • Options
    AyedavanitaAyedavanita Posts: 1,443
    "We just came to relax. We just wanted to watch the show. I don't know what this [award] is. I don't think this means anything."

However, congrats on your Grammy guys!
    "You think I got my eyes closed but I'm lookin' at you the whole fuckin' time..."
  • Options
    "We just came to relax. We just wanted to watch the show. I don't know what this [award] is. I don't think this means anything."

:lol:

Now I definitely need to watch it!
  • Options
    STAYSEA wrote:

That quotes from Ed, circa '94 I believe.
  • Options
    Don't mention Mumford and Sons around Dimitri. They don't get along apparently. :nono:
    Forced to endure, what I cannot forgive.
  • Options
    STAYSEA wrote:

Thanks. I thought it was odd Marcus would say that. The rest of them don't really talk, they just smile or look like they feel awkward.

I am still pissed that PJ acted that way. A grammy is a really great honor. One Guy spends every single day of the year making Grammy trophies. Each one is hand made. I wouldn't let it collect dust or use it as a door stop. That is insulting. I doubt he will make any more Grammy trophies for Ed or Stone. It's a work of art "Sculpture Art", given to another artist. Why is there such little respect?

The gold-plated trophies, each depicting a gilded gramophone, are made and assembled by hand by Billings Artworks in Ridgway, Colorado. If this guy quits because he is not appreciated, I wouldn't blame him.
  • Options
    Don't mention Mumford and Sons around Dimitri. They don't get along apparently. :nono:

Well he needs to stay off this thread, and I guess It's good we Have never met.

The only communication I've had with him are disagreements, I'm not surprised.

He's Greek but living in Canada? He should be worried with himself. I'm confused.
  • Options
    dlymnflddlymnfld CT Posts: 917
    I love Broken Crown. I think some people base their opinion about a band sadly on the radio hits. Probably why some people think Pearl Jam is defined by Jeremy and Daughter (which are my two least favorite songs). Mumford and Sons are the real deal and will be around for awhile.
    Springfield 4/6/94, Boston 4/6/94, Hartford 10/2/96, New York 9/11/98, Hartford 9/13/98, Mansfield 8/30/00, Boston 9/28/04, Reading 10/1/04, Quebec City 9/20/05, Boston 5/24/06, Hartford 5/13/06, New York 6/25/08, Hartford 6/27/08 Philadelphia 10/31/09, Hartford 10/15/10,
    Boston 10/17/10, East Troy 9/3/11, East Troy 9/4/11, Missoula 9/30/12, Worcester 10/15/13, Hartford 10/25/13, Charlottesville 10/29/13,
    St. Paul 10/19/14, New York 9/26/15, Quebec City 5/5/16, Boston 8/5/16, Boston 9/2/18, Boston 9/4/18, Quebec City 9/1/22, Camden 9/14/22, Oklahoma City 9/20/22 
  • Options
    CROJAM95CROJAM95 Posts: 9,164
    looking for (2) tix for tonites Barclay's center show...dont care where

My 1st time seeing them was at Bridge a few years ago during the day....had a ton of wine and it was sweet.
  • Options
    Mamasan23Mamasan23 Posts: 16,380
    PJFAN13 wrote:
    Having seen them live, I can honestly say your obsession will skyrocket :lol::lol:
    If you haven't done so, I HIGHLY recommend the Daytrotter sessions ep...some awesome covers done on their bus and in a gym that will blow your mind. Their Live at RedRocks DVD is magnificent as well.

They had a link on the fan forum on their web from the musicares w/ "I'm on Fire" cover...omg it was amazing.
    I went to the Hollywood Bowl show with the Mrs, who was not a fan prior, and now its "when are they touring again, when's our next show? God they were awesome" :D Very excited for them last night to get record of the year. Its the one record I continually played, moreso then Jack Whites (which I love) and Frank Oceans (which is great).

I cannot wait to see them live again, the vibe at their show and the energy reminds me of a band we all love and adore ;) I just hope they have the same longevity...

Keep on rockin on Mamasan, can't wait to read your review when you finally see them - they'll floor you for sure!

Awesome, thanks for the suggestions!!! I'll check those out for sure. Damn to see them at Red Rocks...I could probably die after that! I have a feeling I'm going to follow them around like I did for PJ circa 2000/2003!
    WI '98,  WI '99 (EV),  WI '00,  Chgo '00,  MO '00,  Champaign '03,  Chgo '03,  WI '03,  IN '03,  MI '04,  Chgo '06:N1 & 2,  WI '06,  Chgo '07,  Chgo '08 (EV:N1),  Chgo '09:N1 & 2,  Chgo '11 (EV:N1),  WI '11:N1 & 2,  Philly '12,  Wrigley '13,  Pitt '13,  Buff '13, Detroit '14, MKE '14, Wrigley '16: N1 & N2, Seattle '18 N2, Wrigley '18: N1 & N2, Fenway '18 N1, STL '22, St Paul '23 N2, Chgo '23: N1 & N2
  • Options
    STAYSEA wrote:

Well he needs to stay off this thread, and I guess It's good we Have never met.

The only communication I've had with him are disagreements, I'm not surprised.

He's Greek but living in Canada? He should be worried with himself. I'm confused.
    You have Dimitri mixed up with demetrios.

Dimi is from Greece, posts like a freak.

demetrios is from Canada.
  • Options
    YefaYefa Posts: 1,133
    http://www.theonion.com/articles/mumfor ... yea,31249/

LOS ANGELES—After weeks of speculation within the music industry, English folk-rock group Mumford and Sons took home the big prize at Sunday’s 55th Annual Grammy Awards by winning the highly coveted Vest of the Year trophy. “Wow, I don’t even know where to begin,” said lead singer Marcus Mumford, after his slim-cut russet waistcoat secured the band its third win on a night in which the quartet also collected statuettes for Watch Chain of the Year and Best New Straw Hat. “We never could have imagined it. I mean, just to have our vest nominated alongside all these other amazing vests—it’s really a dream come true.” Following Mumford and Sons’ victory in the vest category, the band narrowly missed sweeping the Grammys’ four major apparel awards after losing out to indie pop trio fun. for its upbeat, critically acclaimed suspenders
    You see me empty, Sir, do not pause and inquire, simply assume and refill.
    - Al Swearengen

http://www.cantstoptheserenity.com
  • Options
    PJFAN13PJFAN13 Posts: 1,422
    Mamasan23 wrote:
    Broken Crown is quickly becoming one of my favorite songs of all time...
    dlymnfld wrote:
    I love Broken Crown.

You MUST check out To Darkness (feat. Mumford & Sons, The Dharohar Project, Laura Marling) from the Dharohar Project EP- awesome stuff..., especially if you love Broken Crown ;) Recorded in Delhi, India, with fellow touring partner Laura Marling and a nine-member collective of Rajasthani musicians called the Dharohar Project...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X9ECmqUR9sk
    11.30.93~10.2.96~9.13.98~9.1.00~8.25.00~7.3.03~7.5.03
    7.9.03~9.28.04~10.1.05~5.12.06~5.13.06~5.27.06~5.28.06
    8.5.08(EV)~10.9.09~5.21.10~6.20.11(EV)~7.5.11(EV)~7.9.11(EV)
    11.21.13~8.27.16(EV)~11.14.16(TOTD)~4.13.20~9.27.20~9.26.21~10.2.21
    2.15.22 (EV)~2.25.22 (EV)~2.27.22 (EV)~5.3.22~5.7.22~9.17.24~9.29.24
  • Options
    I'm kind of losing interest in this band to be honest. Was rather underwhelmed with the new album, too many banjo riffs that sounded the same. I can't help but wonder how they'll continue to create new albums without them all starting to sound the same... :?
  • Options
    AyedavanitaAyedavanita Posts: 1,443
    STAYSEA wrote:

1996 I think...Sorry Staysea, didn't mean to imply Mumford and Sons had said that...oops.. :oops:
    "You think I got my eyes closed but I'm lookin' at you the whole fuckin' time..."
  • Options
    RiverrunnerRiverrunner Posts: 2,419
    I'm kind of losing interest in this band to be honest. Was rather underwhelmed with the new album, too many banjo riffs that sounded the same. I can't help but wonder how they'll continue to create new albums without them all starting to sound the same... :?

I was underwhelmed too. I like it, and I know it would have been difficult for it to "wow" me like the first one, but I am concerned that they will just keep repeating the same thing. I hope not.
    The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way it treats its animals. Ghandi
  • Options
    pjtaperpjtaper Posts: 3,020
    Excellent, I hope the hype goes away so I can see them at small venues again... Thank god for Babel, because Pearl Jam isn't putting out JACK SHIT!
  • Options
    PJFAN13 wrote:
    Shocked that Babel won album of the year. I honestly didnt even think it deserved to be nominated.

I suggest you see them live. While their performance last night was really good, they are arguably one of the best live bands around today. Talented group of guys right there... What an amazing feeling at the live gigs - cannot wait to see them again!

They are incredible live! They are so much fun. I saw them in 2011 and was surrounded by drunk idiots (including the guy next to me who screamed, "Play The Cave" all night. It was the closer. :lol: ) and I still had a fantastic time.
  • Options
    Mamasan23 wrote:
    PJFAN13 wrote:

Didn't deserve to be nominated? Wow...you do realize it was the best-selling rock album of 2012?

To each his own...They are not for everyone...

I personally think it is better than "Sigh No More"...there are literally no lapses in "Babel"..."Sigh No More", while a great album, has a few fast forwards...the 6 pages of reviews prior to this seem to agree about "Babel" as well...

100% Agree with this. And for those that think it's the same song over and over you clearly haven't listened to all of their music. Broken Crown is quickly becoming one of my favorite songs of all time...it's a perfect piece of music with highs and lows. Just amazing. I find myself listening to Babel more than Sigh No More. I still haven't seen them live yet...I have a feeling when I do my obsession with them will skyrocket! :lol:

I agree, to an extent, to some of the criticisms that the albums are similar sounding, but like many artists, their albums obviously have a similar vibe. However, there are definitely distinctions between the songs and albums.

I LOVE Broken Crown. It's been one of my favourites from the first listen. Great song! :)
  • Options
    pjtaperpjtaper Posts: 3,020
    Reminder is currently my fav on Babel. I still can't believe this isn't on Babel: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D5VEuUY3ET0
  • Options
    morellomorello Auckland, New Zealand Posts: 6,210
    Hey. I'm new to Mumford & Sons so sorry if this is posted anywhere above but I just wanted to share it & check people have seen it. :)
    RFB Session: Mumford and Sons
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2Rec2kUZ ... 47&index=6
    <hr>
    PJ - Auckland 2009; Alpine Valley1&2 2011; Man1, Am'dam1&2, Berlin1&2, Stockholm, Oslo & Copenhagen 2012; LA, Oakland, Portland, Spokane, Calgary, Vancouver, Seattle 2013; Auckland 2014
    EV - Canberra, Newcastle & Sydney 1&2 2011
  • Options
    CTD10CTD10 Posts: 351
    these guys are great. their new dvd road to red rocks is fantastic
    ctd
  • Options
    eeriepadaveeeriepadave West Chester, PA Posts: 40,891
    They played Camden, MJ last night and are also playing there tonight (both shows sold out!) One cool thing is WXPN is broadcasting tonight's show :D

http://www.xpn.org/music-artist/listen- ... -broadcast
    bf959b1f-9b77-457c-baf8-038776f33339_zps8a6a389d.jpg?t=1365722973
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
    Tres Mts.- 3/23/11- Philly
    Eddie Vedder- 6/25/11- Philly
  • Options
    Bathgate66Bathgate66 Posts: 15,813
    Camden Encore
    Springsteens Atlantic City

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DDMuqRqD7YE
    For the ones who had a notion, a notion deep inside
    That it ain't no sin to be glad you're alive
    platessmall.jpg
    ORGAN DONATION SAVES LIVES
    http://www.UNOS.org
    Donate Organs and Save a Life
  • Options
    susannjsusannj Posts: 646
    Bathgate66 wrote:
    Camden Encore
    Springsteens Atlantic City

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DDMuqRqD7YE

Saw they played it in the setlist - pretty cool!
    -See the waves on distant shores, awaiting your arrival...

Stanhope, New Jersey 08-12-1992
    Randall's Island, New York 09-28-1996
    E. Rutherford, New Jersey 09-08-1998
    Wantagh, New York 08-24-2000
    New York, New York 07-09-2003
    E. Rutherford, New Jersey 06-03-2006
    New York, New York 05-21-2010
    Brooklyn, New York 10-19-2013
    New York, New York 05-01-2016
    New York, New York 09-11-2022
  • Options
    CTD10 wrote:
    these guys are great. their new dvd road to red rocks is fantastic

this was an awesome show/blu ray. amazing! bought right away :lol:
  • Options
    perfectlefts14perfectlefts14 Posts: 1,964
    New tour dates added :mrgreen:

CALGARY TO TELLURIDE, THE SUMMER STAMPEDE 2013
    5/21 – Calgary, AB @ Scotiabank Saddledome*
    5/22 – Edmonton, AB @ Rexall Place*
    5/24 – Surrey, BC @ Holland Park*
    5/26 – George, WA @ Sasquatch Music Festival
    5/27 – Portland, OR @ Rose Garden Arena*
    5/29 – Berkeley, CA @ Greek Theatre*
    5/30 – Berkeley, CA @ Greek Theatre*
    5/31 – Berkeley, CA @ Greek Theatre*
    6/02 – San Bernardino, CA @ Glen Helen Regional Park*
    6/03 – Chula Vista, CA @ Sleep Train Amphitheatre*
    6/05 – Phoenix, AZ @ Desert Sky Pavilion*
    6/06 – Taos, NM @ Kit Carson Park*
    6/08 – Austin, TX @ Austin 360 Amphitheater*
    6/09 – Austin, TX @ Austin 360 Amphitheater*
    6/11 – Dallas, TX @ Gexa Energy Pavilion*
    6/12 – The Woodlands, TX @ Cynthia Woods Mitchell Pavilion*
    6/13 – New Orleans, LA @ Mardi Gras World*
    6/15 – Manchester, TN @ Bonnaroo Music Festival
    6/17 – Bonner Springs, KS @ Cricket Wireless Amphitheatre*
    6/20 – Telluride, CO @ Telluride Bluegrass Festival
    8/02-04 – Montreal, QC @ Osheaga Festival
    8/23-24 – Simcoe, ON @ Gentlemen of the Road Stopover SOLD OUT
    8/30-31 – Troy, OH @ Gentlemen of the Road Stopover SOLD OUT
    9/06-07 – Guthrie, OK @ Gentlemen of the Road Stopover SOLD OUT
    9/13-14 – St. Augustine, FL @ Gentlemen of the Road Stopover SOLD OUT

*w/Michael Kiwanuka, Mystery Jets
    Tickets. Ok folks, so this time we’re trying something a little different, something we hope will make things easier and fairer for everyone to get tickets, and to try and stop those scalpers. So this is what you need to know.
    If you’d like the chance to buy tickets for one of the North American headline shows, head to invitation.mumfordandsons.com NOW and register for an invitation.
    Please make sure you check your email and if you receive an invitation, you’ll be at the front of the queue to purchase tickets when they go on sale on April 5th. It’s not a pre-sale as such, but if you do receive an invitation you’ll have a chance to buy your tickets a bit earlier that everyone else.
    The plan is part of our ongoing efforts to put as many tickets as possible directly into the hands of M&S fans, and to try and give people a fairer shot at getting tickets. There will also be a normal onsale for those of you who like it that way too, starting 5th April.
    Registration is open now, and will close at midnight on Sunday March 31st. More answers and info at invitation.mumfordandsons.com.
    Finally we’re thrilled to say that Michael Kiwanuka and Mystery Jets will join the guys as support too.
    Much love,
    M&S HQ x
    Tell the captain
    'This boats not safe
    And we're drowning.'