Options

THE WALKING DEAD...and all things zombie

Comments

• Options
    RiverrunnerRiverrunner Posts: 2,419
    Looking forward to tonight!

Will Andrea be allowed back into the house?

Will Beth come out of the bedroom?

Will Shane and Rick play a game of touch football in the yard?

Will Lori cook a big meal for the gang and wash everyone's laundry like the good little woman she is? And more importantly, will she eat any of it? She's awfully skinny.

Will T-Dawg have any lines? Will he even be there at the dinner table?

Will Randall live or die?

And Daryl? Will he bring home a meal for everyone, or just hang it on the line?
    The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way it treats its animals. Ghandi
  • Options
    LikeAnOceanLikeAnOcean Posts: 7,718
    I'm happy with the zombie moving speed.

Slow zombies would get too boring, be too easy.

Fast zombies would make the survival of the living unrealistic and hard.

Seems right for an even balance that they are just a little slower than healthy people.
  • Options
    mca47 wrote:
    You got walkers in the woods right by where they live in tents. Granted, someone is on guard

the part I find the most hilarious is that they set up guard ON THE FRONT ROAD BY THE DRIVEWAY. If there are walkers nearby, do they expect them to drive up in a beat up old chevy and honk the horn? don't they think it's possible they'd come in from the woods by the creek?
    Gimli 1993
    Fargo 2003
    Winnipeg 2005
    Winnipeg 2011
    St. Paul 2014
  • Options
    mca47 wrote:
    You got walkers in the woods right by where they live in tents. Granted, someone is on guard

the part I find the most hilarious is that they set up guard ON THE FRONT ROAD BY THE DRIVEWAY. If there are walkers nearby, do they expect them to drive up in a beat up old chevy and honk the horn? don't they think it's possible they'd come in from the woods by the creek?
    Maybe most of the walkers usually stick to the roads as the scavenge? Easier travel? Especially the herds?
  • Options
    mca47mca47 Posts: 13,257
    I still don't get why they choose to camp out there. Why not try to find, or at least LOOK for another farmhouse kinda thing. A house is going to provide much better shelter, walkers wouldn't be able to get in and they could scavenge for supplies, grow their own crops, whatever.
    If I was Hershel, I would suggest "Hey, get outta here. Go check out this other house!".
    And if I was there and had to stay, I'm pretty sure I'd be cleaning out and sprucing up that barn for shelter. Clearly, the walkers couldn't get OUT, so I'd assume they also couldn't get in...especially for purposes of sleeping at night. Reinforced barn > flimsy tents. Just sayin'. :? :D
  • Options
    Maybe most of the walkers usually stick to the roads as the scavenge? Easier travel? Especially the herds?

or they are actually more worried about the living than they are about the dead.
    Gimli 1993
    Fargo 2003
    Winnipeg 2005
    Winnipeg 2011
    St. Paul 2014
  • Options
    mca47 wrote:
    I still don't get why they choose to camp out there. Why not try to find, or at least LOOK for another farmhouse kinda thing. A house is going to provide much better shelter, walkers wouldn't be able to get in and they could scavenge for supplies, grow their own crops, whatever.
    If I was Hershel, I would suggest "Hey, get outta here. Go check out this other house!".
    And if I was there and had to stay, I'm pretty sure I'd be cleaning out and sprucing up that barn for shelter. Clearly, the walkers couldn't get OUT, so I'd assume they also couldn't get in...especially for purposes of sleeping at night. Reinforced barn > flimsy tents. Just sayin'. :? :D

i'm pretty sure they didn't WANT to get out of the barn. these things only seem aggressive when they smell or see the living. otherwise, they just wander in a daze. but if they walked up to a house and saw a few people in the living room, pretty sure they'd be able to break the windows, etc.
    Gimli 1993
    Fargo 2003
    Winnipeg 2005
    Winnipeg 2011
    St. Paul 2014
  • Options
    mca47 wrote:
    Exactly. The home must be more comfortable though. Why the hell haven't they reinforced that? Haven't they seen Night of the Living Dead??? 8-)

I would not be sleeping at night if I knew something could just walk across a field, climb through a window and kill me in my sleep.
  • Options
    mca47mca47 Posts: 13,257

i'm pretty sure they didn't WANT to get out of the barn. these things only seem aggressive when they smell or see the living. otherwise, they just wander in a daze. but if they walked up to a house and saw a few people in the living room, pretty sure they'd be able to break the windows, etc.

Reinforce that shit. Board up the windows like the dad and son did in the very first episode. They weren't getting in that house no matter what. No exposed glass = no zombies getting in = sleeping at night.

I have a feeling Hershel is going to find out how unsafe his house is in the next couple of episodes...
  • Options
    neilybabes86neilybabes86 Posts: 16,057
    FUCKING STUPID CARL....soooo stupid
    i post on the board of a band that doesn't exsist anymore .......i need my head examined.......
  • Options
    RiverrunnerRiverrunner Posts: 2,419

Somebody needs to beat his butt.
    The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way it treats its animals. Ghandi
  • Options

Somebody needs to beat his butt.

he has to say he saw one....epic fail...and Dale paid ...sucky way to go for him
    i post on the board of a band that doesn't exsist anymore .......i need my head examined.......
  • Options
    SatansFutonSatansFuton Posts: 5,399
    How was that zombie so strong? That seems to go against the slow/decomposing zombie thing, because that zombie had superhuman strength. Not that I've actually seen somebody try, but I don't think the average person could tear somebody's stomach open with their bare hands, and that zombie looked like he wasn't even that big/strong in life.
    "See a broad to get dat booty yak 'em, leg 'er down, a smack 'em yak 'em!"
  • Options
    How was that zombie so strong? That seems to go against the slow/decomposing zombie thing, because that zombie had superhuman strength. Not that I've actually seen somebody try, but I don't think the average person could tear somebody's stomach open with their bare hands, and that zombie looked like he wasn't even that big/strong in life.

they don't stop coming..never winded ..dale just couldn't get him off

i guess the hands ripping at his stomach for a few minutes finally opened it up

i do like the aspect of a zombie killing you w/ out eating you
  • Options
    rival.rival. Chicago Posts: 7,776
    stupid focking kid.
  • Options
    I wasn't expecting Dale to be the one that got eaten. He was the only decent one left. why the FUCK are Lori and Rick not keeping their kid in sight at all fucking times? If I was living in a zombie apocalypse, you bet your ass I wouldn't be letting my daughters wander around in the fucking woods.
    Gimli 1993
    Fargo 2003
    Winnipeg 2005
    Winnipeg 2011
    St. Paul 2014
  • Options
    rival.rival. Chicago Posts: 7,776
    I wasn't expecting Dale to be the one that got eaten. He was the only decent one left. why the FUCK are Lori and Rick not keeping their kid in sight at all fucking times? If I was living in a zombie apocalypse, you bet your ass I wouldn't be letting my daughters wander around in the fucking woods.

the kid has always annoyed me, but this episode was over the top. every scene he was sticking his nose where it doesn't belong.

sit the kid in front of an xbox :)
  • Options
    rival. wrote:

the kid has always annoyed me, but this episode was over the top. every scene he was sticking his nose where it doesn't belong.

sit the kid in front of an xbox :)

when I saw him perched up in the barn, I thought for sure he already had a gun and he was going try to take out the prisoner himself.
    Gimli 1993
    Fargo 2003
    Winnipeg 2005
    Winnipeg 2011
    St. Paul 2014
  • Options
    While it was sad Dale had to die, it was also a bug relief.. I don't know how much more of his whining I could take.

It's true though. Dale is right.. The group is turning into monsters, like every one else out there.
  • Options
    While it was sad Dale had to die, it was also a bug relief.. I don't know how much more of his whining I could take.

It's true though. Dale is right.. The group is turning into monsters, like every one else out there.

I wouldn't call it whining. I would have been the exact same (I think, anyway). the voice of reason. he stood up for what he believed in, no matter how it alienated him from the group.
    Gimli 1993
    Fargo 2003
    Winnipeg 2005
    Winnipeg 2011
    St. Paul 2014
  • Options
    Walking-Dead-Dale-Hats-1318871096.jpg

RIP
  • Options
    conmanconman Posts: 7,493
    Walking-Dead-Dale-Hats-1318871096.jpg

RIP
    :lol:
  • Options
    anyone else notice how passive and agreeable Shane was this episode?
    Gimli 1993
    Fargo 2003
    Winnipeg 2005
    Winnipeg 2011
    St. Paul 2014
  • Options
    conmanconman Posts: 7,493
    yes.

the calm before the storm?
  • Options
    conman wrote:
    yes.

the calm before the storm?
    I'd like to think Rick changed him.. and that change will mean his death in the finaly.
  • Options
    Anybody else find Rick running off from the barn where he had just been tying up the noose for his unsanctioned execution to give Carl a lecture on not talking back and respecting his elders kind of funny?

"Lesson learned son, don't be rude and remember your manners. Now daddy has to get back to his murder barn"
  • Options
    8181 Needing a ride to Forest Hills and a ounce of weed. Please inquire within. Thanks. Or not. Posts: 58,276

and signed up for another 16 in season 3 8-)
    fixed
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • Options
    thefixer9thefixer9 Posts: 9,376

I agree, I was that the whole episode, every time he ruined something.
    Tres Mts- 3/16/2011
    Eddie Vedder- 7/16/11
    Brad- 4/21/12 (RSD Performance), 4/27/12, 8/10/12
    Flight To Mars- 5/23/12
    RNDM- 11/27/12

PEARL JAM- 12/6/13 I have finally seen Pearl Jam live!
  • Options
    Drowned OutDrowned Out Posts: 6,056
    I say the film crew should ditch these losers on the farm and go follow the group of 30 with heavy artillery.
  • Options
    intodeepintodeep Posts: 7,228
    Good episode.
    Dale was annoying but in the end i'm sad to see him go. He was important to the group. Hopefully his impact will live on.
    Charlotte 00
    Charlotte 03
    Asheville 04
    Atlanta 12
    Greenville 16, Columbia 16
    Seattle 18 
    Nashville 22