Options

THE WALKING DEAD...and all things zombie

Comments

• Options
    unlost dogsunlost dogs Greater Boston Posts: 12,553
    OMFG!

OMFG!!

OMFG!!!!
    15 years of sharks 06/30/08 (MA), 05/17/10 (Boston), 09/03/11 (Alpine Valley), 09/04/11 (Alpine Valley), 09/30/12 (Missoula), 07/19/13 (Wrigley), 10/15/13 (Worcester), 10/16/13 (Worcester), 10/25/13 (Hartford), 12/4/13 (Vancouver), 12/6/13 (Seattle), 6/26/14 (Berlin), 6/28/14 (Stockholm), 10/16/14 (Detroit)
  • Options
    afroannnieafroannnie Posts: 12,995
    wohhh some brutal killings in the beginning :)

Is it just me, or did they steal that scene from office space? :P
    Show #13 was a lucky one for me....
  • Options
    pjsteelerfanpjsteelerfan Maryland Posts: 9,883
    good stuff
    ...got a mind full of questions and a teacher in my soul...
  • Options
    jamminpearlsjamminpearls Posts: 7,078
    HOLY SHIT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Go Birds!!!!
  • Options
    rival.rival. Chicago Posts: 7,776
    shane.....

confused. did he get infected at the end there, if so how? or was he still alive after the stabbing?
  • Options
    conmanconman Posts: 7,493
    i saw that coming
  • Options
    RiverrunnerRiverrunner Posts: 2,419
    Damn. Shane was the most interesting character.... except maybe for Daryl.
    The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way it treats its animals. Ghandi
  • Options
    WOW... :shock: :shock:

Crazy shit...

I'm pretty sure the "flashes" as Shane transformed will give me bad dreams tonight... :oops:
  • Options
    Okay, someone explain to me what's happening: How did Shane turn into a zombie if he wasn't first exposed to a zombie?

Randall: Same question.

Paging Satan's Futon to the thread.

Satan's Futon, please respond to the thread.
    15 years of sharks 06/30/08 (MA), 05/17/10 (Boston), 09/03/11 (Alpine Valley), 09/04/11 (Alpine Valley), 09/30/12 (Missoula), 07/19/13 (Wrigley), 10/15/13 (Worcester), 10/16/13 (Worcester), 10/25/13 (Hartford), 12/4/13 (Vancouver), 12/6/13 (Seattle), 6/26/14 (Berlin), 6/28/14 (Stockholm), 10/16/14 (Detroit)
  • Options
    afroannnie wrote:
    WOW... :shock: :shock:

Crazy shit...

I'm pretty sure the "flashes" as Shane transformed will give me bad dreams tonight... :oops:

I'm afraid to go to bed now.
  • Options
    Okay, someone explain to me what's happening: How did Shane turn into a zombie if he wasn't first exposed to a zombie?

i am wondering this too.

the only quick guess i can think of is there was zombie blood on rick's knife?
  • Options
    rival. wrote:
    shane.....

confused. did he get infected at the end there, if so how? or was he still alive after the stabbing?

One of the theories is that everyone is infected already. When you die you come back regardless of what you die from. That seems to be the answer per tonight's show, i.e. Randall and Shane.
    The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way it treats its animals. Ghandi
  • Options
    Dr. DelightDr. Delight Posts: 11,210
    The disease must be airbourne now.
    And so you see, I have come to doubt
    All that I once held as true
    I stand alone without beliefs
    The only truth I know is you.
  • Options
    jimbojones1138jimbojones1138 Posts: 3,640
    rival. wrote:
    shane.....

we were just arguing about this while watching. that kid shane killed in this ep, he wasnt infected/bitten either. in fact i dont think in this entire series they havnt yet touched on what would happen when someone dies of either: 1) natural causes, or 2) any other means either than being bitten by walkers.

i figure that anyone who dies after the apocalypse hit would turn into a zombie if their heads weren't removed or brains destroyed...
    it's largely due to eddie that i liked to jump off of things as a child...
  • Options
    jamminpearlsjamminpearls Posts: 7,078
    rival. wrote:
    shane.....

One of the theories is that everyone is infected already. When you die you come back regardless of what you die from. That seems to be the answer per tonight's show, i.e. Randall and Shane.
    Not sure how Randal turned into one but Shane did use the knife to kill the walkers and then cut himself with it. But i think that it's airborn and once u die u turn. What a crazy ending!!!
    Go Birds!!!!
  • Options
    edited March 2012

The only thing I can think of is that Rick used the knife to kill zombies before...the zombie "virus", "bacteria" whatever it is is still on the knife...and infected Shane?

I know that in the "normal" world, most viruses die when exposed to the air or within several hours..Hep C I think is one of the longer ones at 72 hours if memory serves me right, but who knows with this zombie stuff?
    Post edited by afroannnie on
  • Options
    rival. wrote:
    shane.....

But... what about Dale?

Although, Daryl shot him in the head, so that would prevent him from being a zombie already, right?

Oh, wow.

If everyone is infected... ugh.
  • Options
    afroannnie wrote:

The only thing I can think of is that Rick used the knife to kill zombies before...the zombie "virus", "bacteria" whatever it is is still on the knife...and infected Shane?

I know that in the "normal" world the most viruses die when exposed to the air or within several hours..Hep C I think is one of the longer ones at 72 hours if memory serves me right, but who knows with this zombie stuff?

but that doesnt explain the kid whose neck was snapped by shane. i think everyone automatically turn when they die or killed in the post za world on walking dead
  • Options
    rival. wrote:
    shane.....

But... what about Dale?

Although, Daryl shot him in the head, so that would prevent him from being a zombie already, right?

Oh, wow.

If everyone is infected... ugh.

yeup, remove the head or destroy the brains and the zombies cant survive
  • Options
    I figure Rick knew this from when the CDC doc whispered in his ear. He has just kept it a secret. That is why he was sitting there waiting for Shane to re-animate. That is why he also stepped up to shoot Dale in the head.
  • Options
    From the CDC website:

How long does the Hepatitis B virus survive outside the body?
    Hepatitis B virus can survive outside the body at least 7 days. During that time, the virus can still cause infection if it enters the body of a person who is not infected.

So Zombieitis, I'm figuring... at least a week?

How long ago did Shane and Rick cut their hands and smear their blood for the zombies to lick?
  • Options
    SatansFutonSatansFuton Posts: 5,399
    I don't think the knife had anything to do with it, it's airborne. Remember a few episodes ago when they pointed out the security guards/cops who had been walkers with no bites? In the comics the virus (or whatever it is, I haven't read them) is in the air, and everybody is infected, but they don't turn until they die. Be it of natural causes or whatever. Most people believe this is what Jenner whispered to Rick at the CDC.

I would say SPOILERS, but I think they've hinted at it quite clearly in the show.
    "See a broad to get dat booty yak 'em, leg 'er down, a smack 'em yak 'em!"
  • Options
    But then, if Rick knew why would he be preparing a noose to hang Randall in last week's show. But then again he ended up aiming a gun at his head in the barn before Carl came in.
  • Options
    kwdaleykwdaley Posts: 499
    Reposting this request as it got lost at the bottom of a page...

Can someone please tell me where I can find a safe, reliable site on the net where I can watch streaming video of tonight's episode?? There are times (like tonight) where I can't catch it on tv and have to search for it online.

Thanks!
    Ottawa 2011
    London 2013 "The Dundas Hookers on Crack" Show
  • Options
    i wonder if the group of walkers you saw at the end were randall's group that he said was close by.

i bet it's airborne and they all transformed.
  • Options
    I don't think the knife had anything to do with it, it's airborne. Remember a few episodes ago when they pointed out the security guards/cops who had been walkers with no bites? In the comics the virus (or whatever it is, I haven't read them) is in the air, and everybody is infected, but they don't turn until they die. Be it of natural causes or whatever. Most people believe this is what Jenner whispered to Rick at the CDC.

I would say SPOILERS, but I think they've hinted at it quite clearly in the show.

There you are! :wave:

Intriguing theory. I got the compendium a week or so ago, but I'm only just past the point that is the pilot episode of the TV series.

Airborne... that just sucks.
  • Options

I got a page
  • Options

Intriguing theory. I got the compendium a week or so ago, but I'm only just past the point that is the pilot episode of the TV series.

Airborne... that just sucks.

hmmm..interesting...
  • Options
    I think we can assume it wasn't always airborne. Otherwise all those dead people in the cars would have become zombies. Maybe it mutated after the initial outbreak. Or maybe as the number of zombies increased the air became more polluted with their zombie cooties, I don't know. But at one point in the outbreak it was possible to die and not come back, but not anymore.
  • Options
    kwdaley wrote:
    Can someone please tell me where I can find a safe, reliable site on the net where I can watch streaming video of tonight's episode?? There are times (like tonight) where I can't catch it on tv and have to search for it online.

Thanks!

Sorry. I don't know of any. I have Comcast so when I miss it I watch On Demand.