Options

THE WALKING DEAD...and all things zombie

Comments

• Options
    BinauralJamBinauralJam Posts: 14,158
    I just read a major spoiler on another website, Major Character is going to die...but it's better if you don't know. But i do know who i want to kill ...that character. This is Awful, Secrets Suck.

Ohhh man, I really want to look this up, but I think I can hold off. Were you looking for spoilers or did you just happen to read it? I hate when you find out shit like that and you didn't mean to.

It was an interveiw with Frank Darabont about his new show L.A.Noir, the was a spoiler warning, but i had to look...One of the cast members of The Walking Dead is leaving to go star in it.
  • Options
    intodeepintodeep Posts: 7,228
    Well i'm not looking to be spoiled but there is one person i thought might be on the chopping block. We'll see if it is that person or not i'm not going to look to see if im right.

On another note check out the CDC google review
    http://maps.google.com/maps?hl=en&gs_sm=3&gs_upl=7508l12225l0l12948l33l24l0l8l8l0l141l1446l21.3l31l0&bav=on.2,or.r_gc.r_pw.r_cp.r_qf.,cf.osb&biw=1603&bih=823&wrapid=tlif132993046467810&um=1&ie=UTF-8&q=atlanta+center+of+disease+control&fb=1&gl=us&hq=atlanta+center+of+disease+control&hnear=atlanta+center+of+disease+control&cid=0,0,1310566027616466354&ei=6iBFT52pMsnVtgfv2qSfAw&sa=X&oi=local_result&ct=image&ved=0CBQQ_BI
    You have to click on the reviewws to read it
    It says Rick Grimes was there recently and gave it one out of 5 stars!
    (couldn't get cure to stop walkers, and tried to blow us all up)
    Charlotte 00
    Charlotte 03
    Asheville 04
    Atlanta 12
    Greenville 16, Columbia 16
    Seattle 18 
    Nashville 22
  • Options
    unlost dogsunlost dogs Greater Boston Posts: 12,553
    Missed Sunday's episode due to a nasty cold and utter exhaustion _ was tucked into bed by 9 p.m.

But enjoyed watching it On Demand.

The guy speared on the fence, I'm thinking, "Just yank it up and off!" Either that, or just shoot him in the head. I couldn't believe how long they took to do that.

The other guy, getting his face eaten. Yuck.

And Rick's face at the end... sent a shiver down my spine.
    15 years of sharks 06/30/08 (MA), 05/17/10 (Boston), 09/03/11 (Alpine Valley), 09/04/11 (Alpine Valley), 09/30/12 (Missoula), 07/19/13 (Wrigley), 10/15/13 (Worcester), 10/16/13 (Worcester), 10/25/13 (Hartford), 12/4/13 (Vancouver), 12/6/13 (Seattle), 6/26/14 (Berlin), 6/28/14 (Stockholm), 10/16/14 (Detroit)
  • Options
    merkinballmerkinball Posts: 2,262
    I just read a major spoiler on another website, Major Character is going to die...but it's better if you don't know. But i do know who i want to kill ...that character. This is Awful, Secrets Suck.

That producer that was on Talking Dead 2 weeks ago said major characters, plural, would die this season. From what I've heard about the comic books I have a pretty good idea who I think 2 of them are. Though one really shouldn't be scripted until later, since the show is different it could happen this season, or maybe not at all. I'm almost positive who one of them is though.

Show is way different than the comics already. I'm curious to see who won't make it out of this season (although, having read it I've got a pretty good idea). I'm more looking forward to some of the other characters that show up later.

I'm sure I've noted it before in this thread, but read the books. $34 for the first 48 issues:

http://www.amazon.com/Walking-Dead-Comp ... 436&sr=1-1
    "You're no help," he told the lime. This was unfair. It was only a lime; there was nothing special about it at all. It was doing the best it could.

http://www.last.fm/user/merkinball/
    spotify:user:merkinball
  • Options
    unlost dogsunlost dogs Greater Boston Posts: 12,553
    merkinball wrote:
    I'm sure I've noted it before in this thread, but read the books. $34 for the first 48 issues:

http://www.amazon.com/Walking-Dead-Comp ... 436&sr=1-1

Thanks for the link! Ordering it right now!
    15 years of sharks 06/30/08 (MA), 05/17/10 (Boston), 09/03/11 (Alpine Valley), 09/04/11 (Alpine Valley), 09/30/12 (Missoula), 07/19/13 (Wrigley), 10/15/13 (Worcester), 10/16/13 (Worcester), 10/25/13 (Hartford), 12/4/13 (Vancouver), 12/6/13 (Seattle), 6/26/14 (Berlin), 6/28/14 (Stockholm), 10/16/14 (Detroit)
  • Options
    neilybabes86neilybabes86 Posts: 16,057
    wow....just wow
    i post on the board of a band that doesn't exsist anymore .......i need my head examined.......
  • Options
    RiverrunnerRiverrunner Posts: 2,419
    What Unlost Dogs said. Sorry, I mean Neily
    The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way it treats its animals. Ghandi
  • Options
    SatansFutonSatansFuton Posts: 5,399
    All I'm wondering is which one of the survivors had "Driver's Seat" on their iPod.
    "See a broad to get dat booty yak 'em, leg 'er down, a smack 'em yak 'em!"
  • Options
    SatansFutonSatansFuton Posts: 5,399
    Been watching the encore, that scene between Lori and Andrea was so lame. Could two people have been any more annoying?

First, Andrea telling Lori she handled it wrong for taking the knife away. Sure, suicide is an option in the zombie apocalypse, but I don't think it's so bad preventing somebody from making that decision while they're in a fragile state of mind. Andrea is so cocky about the fact that she found a new purpose and decided to live on, but what she's forgetting is that if it hadn't been for Dale taking that decision away from her while she was in a fragile state of mind, she would have died during last season's finale.

And Lori's "we women folk should cook and clean while the men protect us" stance was incredibly dumb.
    "See a broad to get dat booty yak 'em, leg 'er down, a smack 'em yak 'em!"
  • Options
    ShawshankShawshank Posts: 1,018
    I told my wife a few weeks back that I think the disease is going to go airborne and so far the last course episodes have been hinting at that. Should be interesting.
  • Options
    thefixer9thefixer9 Posts: 9,376
    Loved tonight's episode. Best of the season so far.
    Tres Mts- 3/16/2011
    Eddie Vedder- 7/16/11
    Brad- 4/21/12 (RSD Performance), 4/27/12, 8/10/12
    Flight To Mars- 5/23/12
    RNDM- 11/27/12

PEARL JAM- 12/6/13 I have finally seen Pearl Jam live!
  • Options
    intodeepintodeep Posts: 7,228
    This was good. Yes some spots had some shadey acting and writing still but overall much better. Lots of tension. A sense of something happening. Sometimes they need to focus on just few people even if it means little or no screen time for others.

I'm glad rick came back for shane.
    I wish Maggie would have kicked Andrea's ass like Chun Li did everyone in street fighter
    Charlotte 00
    Charlotte 03
    Asheville 04
    Atlanta 12
    Greenville 16, Columbia 16
    Seattle 18 
    Nashville 22
  • Options
    YardenYarden Posts: 820
    Andrea is not the most likable character but (apart from the part about not taking the knife) i was totally on board with what she told Lori.
  • Options
    Are the writers on this show all from the year 1900 or what? Men take care of the women and the women do the cooking and cleaning for the men? I wanted to puke during that scene between Lori and Andrea. Neither one are likeable characters. In fact there were not any strong, interesting women characters until Maggie came along, although Andrea seems to be getting there.
    The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way it treats its animals. Ghandi
  • Options
    Are the writers on this show all from the year 1900 or what? Men take care of the women and the women do the cooking and cleaning for the men? I wanted to puke during that scene between Lori and Andrea. Neither one are likeable characters. In fact there were not any strong, interesting women characters until Maggie came along, although Andrea seems to be getting there.

that's not a commentary by the writers, it's Lori's character. Think about it. She's the wife of a cop who provides for his family. that's the role she has always played in pre-apocalypse life, and that's how she maintains her sanity by keeping things as close to "how they were" before the zombie shit went down. humans need normalcy and familiarity to keep it together mentally, so that's exactly how that scene should have been written.
    Gimli 1993
    Fargo 2003
    Winnipeg 2005
    Winnipeg 2011
    St. Paul 2014
  • Options
    8181 Needing a ride to Forest Hills and a ounce of weed. Please inquire within. Thanks. Or not. Posts: 58,276
    why would you cut yourself.....when zombies are around...dumb
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • Options
    8181 Needing a ride to Forest Hills and a ounce of weed. Please inquire within. Thanks. Or not. Posts: 58,276

i looked. :lol:
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • Options
    BinauralJamBinauralJam Posts: 14,158
    81 wrote:

I thought maybe last night but ....NO, they need to get the token black guy involved, all he does is dig graves so far.
  • Options
    STAYSEASTAYSEA Posts: 3,814
    Zombiess so two years ago?
    My Shaun of the Dead shirt has holes.. honest.. still love my zombiesss
    Werewolf... time!!!
    REALLY
    what is not to like?
    Last Halloweenie.. I was Amy Whinehouse Zombie
    So old.. played out...
  • Options
    read the books.. they r just as lame.
    Not one color?
    Just black and white? No Blood?
    30 days of night.. atleast used red color for the blood...
  • Options
    oona leftoona left Posts: 1,672
    81 wrote:

Especially when you know you are about to plunge a knife with the same hand you just cut into a zombie's head, which will usually cause blood to fly outward from said head, which could then infect you.

Very dumb indeed.
  • Options
    81 wrote:

I thought maybe last night but ....NO, they need to get the token black guy involved, all he does is dig graves so far.
    :lol:
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • Options

that's not a commentary by the writers, it's Lori's character. Think about it. She's the wife of a cop who provides for his family. that's the role she has always played in pre-apocalypse life, and that's how she maintains her sanity by keeping things as close to "how they were" before the zombie shit went down. humans need normalcy and familiarity to keep it together mentally, so that's exactly how that scene should have been written.

You're probably right, but I also think back to the quarry when the women were washing clothes - when Ed got all mouthy and Shane beat the shit out of him. Seemed so 1950ish - women washing clothes, men not doing anything, and one man beating up another for mistreating a woman (as if women can't take care of themselves).
  • Options
    The cutting of the hands was so stupid and crazy. Not even considering the risk of Zombie infection, what about infection from something else? It's not like they have easy access to antibiotics. Before penicillin people used to die from small cuts that got infected. And besides, since when do they need fresh blood to attract walkers? They just have to make a noise to get their attention and move a bit to show they're alive. I wonder if the writers need a way for them to get infected down the road - instead of the obvious getting bit.
  • Options
    neilybabes86neilybabes86 Posts: 16,057
    oona left wrote:
    81 wrote:

Especially when you know you are about to plunge a knife with the same hand you just cut into a zombie's head, which will usually cause blood to fly outward from said head, which could then infect you.

Very dumb indeed.

HMNNNNNN :geek: :geek:

VERY INTERESTING POINT

i think the CDC guy said something about it going airborne
    i post on the board of a band that doesn't exsist anymore .......i need my head examined.......
  • Options
    Hugh Freaking DillonHugh Freaking Dillon Posts: 14,010
    edited February 2012
    You're probably right, but I also think back to the quarry when the women were washing clothes - when Ed got all mouthy and Shane beat the shit out of him. Seemed so 1950ish - women washing clothes, men not doing anything, and one man beating up another for mistreating a woman (as if women can't take care of themselves).

I don't want to offend anyone here, but when things go back to their basest, as in survival of the fittest, genders have roles in all species. in pengiuns, the males do all the rearing while the females go out and get food. but in humans, and I don't think this is societal, I think this is natural, that men hunt and women nest. there's nothing wrong with that. they work together. on the flip side, some women hunt, and some men nest.

and that's how we got New York City. :lol:
    Post edited by Hugh Freaking Dillon on
    Gimli 1993
    Fargo 2003
    Winnipeg 2005
    Winnipeg 2011
    St. Paul 2014
  • Options
    HeisenbergHeisenberg Los Pollos Hermanos Posts: 4,957
    Is it me or has this show turned into "Little Zombie on The Prairie" ?
  • Options
    Dr. DelightDr. Delight Posts: 11,210
    STAYSEA wrote:
    read the books.. they r just as lame.
    Not one color?
    Just black and white? No Blood?
    30 days of night.. atleast used red color for the blood...
    Dr. Suess? You sure are cryptic.
    And so you see, I have come to doubt
    All that I once held as true
    I stand alone without beliefs
    The only truth I know is you.
  • Options
    the Walking dead? Honestly???

Did you like that stupid show LOST?

walking dead is the same.. but no island?
    There are "OTHERS"
    but the characters are freaking dumb and stay?
    I beat any Zombie Survial game I do...
    Sorry about my spelling...

15 minutes.. I'm good.. I got this
    Werewolf.. I may stay.. just saying

Leave the infected behind shed no tears.. get away!!!
    Why the Drama.. I can rent LOST.. but blood on the tv screen :lol:
  • Options
    Heisenberg wrote:
    Is it me or has this show turned into "Little Zombie on The Prairie" ?

It's the lameo show not you :lol: