Options

THE WALKING DEAD...and all things zombie

Comments

• Options
    neilybabes86neilybabes86 Posts: 16,057
    Thank goodness for Google. I"M NOT CRAZY! Just confused. I must have seen a piece of this movie and got it mixed up with TWD. Sorry, don't mean to derail the thread, just trying to redeem myself. :lol:

http://zombie.wikia.com/wiki/Survival_of_the_Dead

Muldoon and O'Flynn face off - Muldoon's one wish is to prove O'Flynn wrong about the zombies, hoping to get the creatures to eat something other than human flesh. Muldoon's latest example is Patrick's daughter Jane, attempting to get her to devour a horse. A farmhand, Chuck (Joris Jarsky), brings out a herd of captured zombies to watch Jane's attempt to eat the horse.

She doesn't, and Janet returns with Boy, giving Crockett and the O'Flynns their weapons back. Janet attempts to reach out to Jane, who bites her twin sister. A gunfight erupts between the two families. Chuck switches sides and gets shot by Muldoon for his trouble. Dying, he releases the zombie herd and is devoured. The gunfight's focus changes to the zombie threat, and they eat and kill most of the ones in.....

romero's worst ever

i understand what he attempted to do...but it just didn't work

I haven't seen that one. I kind of gave up on Romero after "Diary Of The Dead", but I thought Survival seemed interesting, until I saw a commercial for it on AMC (I think they were doing a zombie marathon that Romero hosted leading up to Season 2 of Walking Dead) and saw the zombie riding the horse, at that point I decided against watching that one too.

don't bother....waste of 2 hours...no need to see it
    i post on the board of a band that doesn't exsist anymore .......i need my head examined.......
  • Options
    Dr. DelightDr. Delight Posts: 11,210
    I also forgot about Hershel's one daughter who is now sick. I'm guessing that when she was attacked by her own mother in front of the barn that she must have gotten scathed in the process. She now may be going thru the process of changing.
    And so you see, I have come to doubt
    All that I once held as true
    I stand alone without beliefs
    The only truth I know is you.
  • Options
    SatansFutonSatansFuton Posts: 5,399
    I also forgot about Hershel's one daughter who is now sick. I'm guessing that when she was attacked by her own mother in front of the barn that she must have gotten scathed in the process. She now may be going thru the process of changing.

We're supposed to find out over the course of the next 2 episodes. Either she's really in some sort of shock, or the zombie virus has possibly gone airborne. She didn't appear to have gotten scratched or bitten in any way.
    "See a broad to get dat booty yak 'em, leg 'er down, a smack 'em yak 'em!"
  • Options
    afroannnieafroannnie Posts: 12,995
    afroannnie wrote:
    They mentioned a couple of things on the after show on TalkingDead.com

1. The arm - not a potential hazard, it really was just to show how the characters have adapted

2. Lori driving off - The producer said it's because Dale told Lori his fears about Shane killing Otis, and now she's panicking over the fact that with Rick gone, Shane is in charge of the farm. So she was panicking.

3. Dave Navarro continues to have a hate boner for Herschell

I was "resting my eyes" and kind of fell asleep during the after show...did a fan call in and ask if the virus has now become airborne? Or did I make that up?...I think I started having weird zombie apocalypse dreams and unlost was in charge :shock: :?

Yeah, somebody did ask that. Naturally the guy didn't answer the question. They seldom divulge information, usually just clear up things that have already happened. They normally just give a time frame when you can expect an answer, and he said we'll know whether or not it's airborne in the next couple of episodes.

I think Kirkman may have accidentally let too much information slip at one point during the first half of the season. I have a feeling I know the answer to both that question, and what Jenner told Rick, just because things he already said on the show are now being treated as a secret by other producers.

Thanks! :)
    Show #13 was a lucky one for me....
  • Options
    He definitely did not shoot the fat guy in the head.

well when they panned back to fat boy he had a bullet-sized hole in his forehead. I'd say that's pretty good evidence that he shot him in the head.
    Gimli 1993
    Fargo 2003
    Winnipeg 2005
    Winnipeg 2011
    St. Paul 2014
  • Options
    Rick also did it to earn his place on the farm with Hershel.

bingo.
    Gimli 1993
    Fargo 2003
    Winnipeg 2005
    Winnipeg 2011
    St. Paul 2014
  • Options
    Lizard wrote:
    just started watching this on marathon yesterday....my husb could not believe I watched hours and hours of a zombie show!!

anyway.....can someone tell me the short reason as to why the zombies came to be?

That hasn't been covered yet. You should go back and watch Season 1, but there isn't an answer. In the beginning Rick gets shot after a high speed pursuit, when he wakes up from his coma the zombie apocalypse has been going on for a while and the hospital/town he is in has already fallen for the most part. None of the survivors really know how all of this has happened. Except for maybe Rick, as a guy from the CDC whispered a secret to him which judging from the look on Rick's face was shocking, and we're still waiting to hear what that is. Though we're supposed to find out at some point during the remainder of Season 2.

I have a feeling that big secret is that the virus was developed at the CDC as a way to produce expendable/nearly unkillable soldiers for war.
    Gimli 1993
    Fargo 2003
    Winnipeg 2005
    Winnipeg 2011
    St. Paul 2014
  • Options
    unlost dogsunlost dogs Greater Boston Posts: 12,553
    I didn't watch the teaser for next week. I really like to be surprised.

Apparently the Darryl Dixon Action Figure (complete with crossbow and string of dead squirrels) order I placed before Christmas didn't go through, so I just ordered another one.

Happy Valentine's Day to me!!!
    15 years of sharks 06/30/08 (MA), 05/17/10 (Boston), 09/03/11 (Alpine Valley), 09/04/11 (Alpine Valley), 09/30/12 (Missoula), 07/19/13 (Wrigley), 10/15/13 (Worcester), 10/16/13 (Worcester), 10/25/13 (Hartford), 12/4/13 (Vancouver), 12/6/13 (Seattle), 6/26/14 (Berlin), 6/28/14 (Stockholm), 10/16/14 (Detroit)
  • Options

Apparently the Darryl Dixon Action Figure (complete with crossbow and string of dead squirrels) order I placed before Christmas didn't go through, so I just ordered another one.

Daryl-1.jpg?t=1329189700
  • Options
    conmanconman Posts: 7,493

well when they panned back to fat boy he had a bullet-sized hole in his forehead. I'd say that's pretty good evidence that he shot him in the head.
    yes.

and i know it happened really fast but that first shot to the guy behind the bar looked like a headshot to me...
  • Options
    Dr. DelightDr. Delight Posts: 11,210
    conman wrote:

yes.

and i know it happened really fast but that first shot to the guy behind the bar looked like a headshot to me...
    Yeah, I guess you are right..
    wd.jpg
    And so you see, I have come to doubt
    All that I once held as true
    I stand alone without beliefs
    The only truth I know is you.
  • Options
    LikeAnOceanLikeAnOcean Posts: 7,718

I was shocked when Rick shot the Phillies guys last night. I really like Rick and his good guy character. I hope he isn't following Shane's lead now.
    Rick realized that he needed to toughen up and become more of a leader. The whole fiasco with Sophia in the barn the entire time weakened the groups view of Rick as a capable leader.
    I missed it the first time, but the guy went to shoot Rick. Rick acted out of self defense.

I think George Lucas had a say in it. 8-)
  • Options

we ordered them..out of stock for a few months( this was back when u first posted it)
    i post on the board of a band that doesn't exsist anymore .......i need my head examined.......
  • Options
    Sprunkn7Sprunkn7 Posts: 5,277
    Does look like he took one to the head. that sucks

wd.jpg[/quote]
    Thank you fellow 10 clubber for saving my ass....again!!!
  • Options
    Amped up for tonight. Looks like Rick is going to be going head to head with some more Philly assholes tonight.

The Falcons beat the Eagles 35-31 this past season, and in The Walking Dead, Atlanta already has a 2-0 lead over Philly. Not looking good.
  • Options
    DVR IS SET as i will be @ MSG

what a great invention :)
  • Options
    Sprunkn7Sprunkn7 Posts: 5,277
    yay, Amazing Race followed by Zombies!!!
    Thank you fellow 10 clubber for saving my ass....again!!!
  • Options
    Sprunkn7 wrote:
    yay, Amazing Race followed by Zombies!!!

Reality Show Idea: race competition in which the contestants are pursued by zombies, first group to each check point receives weapons and supplies.

All I need are some fucking zombies.
  • Options
    eeriepadaveeeriepadave West Chester, PA Posts: 41,255
    bump

few more hours
    bf959b1f-9b77-457c-baf8-038776f33339_zps8a6a389d.jpg?t=1365722973
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
    Tres Mts.- 3/23/11- Philly
    Eddie Vedder- 6/25/11- Philly
  • Options
    mca47mca47 Posts: 13,264
    I just watched season 1 for the first time this weekend. Also watched the season 2 premiere on Vudu. I want to watch more and get caught up....but I don't want to buy each episode at $3 each.

Good show!
  • Options
    mca47 wrote:
    I just watched season 1 for the first time this weekend. Also watched the season 2 premiere on Vudu. I want to watch more and get caught up....but I don't want to buy each episode at $3 each.

Good show!

If only you had decided to start last weekend, you would be completely caught up. On Saturday they showed the entire first season, and on Sunday they showed all the season 2 episodes leading up to the new one that aired that night.
  • Options
    mca47mca47 Posts: 13,264
    mca47 wrote:

Good show!

If only you had decided to start last weekend, you would be completely caught up. On Saturday they showed the entire first season, and on Sunday they showed all the season 2 episodes leading up to the new one that aired that night.
    Damn!!!
    I wish on demand had them. They've only got the last one up. :x
  • Options
    afroannnieafroannnie Posts: 12,995
    Can't wait for the new episode tonight! :D
    Show #13 was a lucky one for me....
  • Options
    That look on Rick's face at the end was scary.
  • Options
    rival.rival. Chicago Posts: 7,776
    That look on Rick's face at the end was scary.

he pulled a 180 :shock:

he might be the most dangerous one now on that farm!
  • Options
    eeriepadaveeeriepadave West Chester, PA Posts: 41,255
    funniest part was when Rick, Herschel, Glenn, and the other dude came back and Maggie ran past her dad right to Glenn.

Yeah good episode tonight. Shane is playing dirty. Glad Rick & Laurie are got to talk about Shane. Looks like Rick is gonna kick his ass.
    bf959b1f-9b77-457c-baf8-038776f33339_zps8a6a389d.jpg?t=1365722973
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
    Tres Mts.- 3/23/11- Philly
    Eddie Vedder- 6/25/11- Philly
  • Options
    rival.rival. Chicago Posts: 7,776
    did anyone else think it was kinda funny how that kid didn't make that jump

:? :D
  • Options
    pjsteelerfanpjsteelerfan Maryland Posts: 9,886
    Now that was some good zombie killing.
    ...got a mind full of questions and a teacher in my soul...
  • Options
    Better DanBetter Dan Posts: 5,684
    Good episode tonight!
    2003: San Antonio, Houston, Dallas, Seattle; 2005: Monterrey; 2006: Chicago 1 & 2, Grand Rapids, Cleveland, Detroit; 2008: West Palm Beach, Tampa; 2009: Austin, LA 3 & 4, San Diego; 2010: Kansas City, St. Louis, Columbus, Indianapolis; 2011: PJ20 1 & 2; 2012: Missoula; 2013: Dallas, Oklahoma City, Seattle; 2014: Tulsa; 2016: Columbia, New York City 1 & 2; 2018: London, Seattle 1 & 2; 2021: Ohana; 2022: Oklahoma City
  • Options
    conmanconman Posts: 7,493
    rival. wrote:
    did anyone else think it was kinda funny how that kid didn't make that jump

:? :D
    i chuckled :oops: