Options

THE WALKING DEAD...and all things zombie

Comments

• Options
    So Lori gives Rick and Glenn shit for wanting to go after Hershel..
    Then she decides to go after them alone?....to tell them to hurry up? LIke she thought they'd be sitting at the bar having drinks or something...Wasn't the whole point of going after him to rush him back because Beth was sick? That didn't make sense to me...nothing really changed between the time Rick and Glenn left, and when Lori went after them. So since Daryl wouldn't go, the pregnant lady takes off alone, and is now the damsel in distress......Pretty weak writing, unless i missed something...

I'm also disppointed they're still on the farm. I wish the story involved some reason for them to go back to a city where there could be a little more suspense....the farm is too cheery/pleasant a backdrop for a zombie show....

Was cool to hear some Clutch after Rick got all hardcore tho :thumbup:

yeah, Lori going off didn't make a whole lot of sense. especially since she was so secretive about it.

let's be honest, yeah, going back to Zombie Nation makes for good tv, but it wouldn't make much sense in reality. I think they'll have to move on at some point though.
    Gimli 1993
    Fargo 2003
    Winnipeg 2005
    Winnipeg 2011
    St. Paul 2014
  • Options
    Drowned OutDrowned Out Posts: 6,056

yeah, Lori going off didn't make a whole lot of sense. especially since she was so secretive about it.

let's be honest, yeah, going back to Zombie Nation makes for good tv, but it wouldn't make much sense in reality. I think they'll have to move on at some point though.
    ya, you're right...but a creative writer could come up with a believable reason...maybe a rumour to chase, a radio transmission or something...but the Lori thing doesn't give me much hope that the writers are all that creative :lol:
    Sounds like Nebraska might be the next stop...
  • Options
    SatansFutonSatansFuton Posts: 5,399
    Uh oh, looks like some more Philly boys.
    "See a broad to get dat booty yak 'em, leg 'er down, a smack 'em yak 'em!"
  • Options
    They mentioned a couple of things on the after show on TalkingDead.com

1. The arm - not a potential hazard, it really was just to show how the characters have adapted

2. Lori driving off - The producer said it's because Dale told Lori his fears about Shane killing Otis, and now she's panicking over the fact that with Rick gone, Shane is in charge of the farm. So she was panicking.

3. Dave Navarro continues to have a hate boner for Herschell
  • Options
    Sprunkn7Sprunkn7 Posts: 5,277
    So any fans of True Blood know Michael Raymond James (Rene from season 1), he was one of the boys in the bar. I hope he's going to be in more episodes. I love that dude! I mean we didn't really see if he was dead right? Or did Rick give him a head shot? He could still be alive behind the bar right?

All in all a solid start. :-)
    Thank you fellow 10 clubber for saving my ass....again!!!
  • Options
    afroannnieafroannnie Posts: 12,995

1. The arm - not a potential hazard, it really was just to show how the characters have adapted

2. Lori driving off - The producer said it's because Dale told Lori his fears about Shane killing Otis, and now she's panicking over the fact that with Rick gone, Shane is in charge of the farm. So she was panicking.

I was "resting my eyes" and kind of fell asleep during the after show...did a fan call in and ask if the virus has now become airborne? Or did I make that up?...I think I started having weird zombie apocalypse dreams and unlost was in charge :shock: :?
    Show #13 was a lucky one for me....
  • Options
    pjsteelerfanpjsteelerfan Maryland Posts: 9,886
    Sprunkn7 wrote:
    So any fans of True Blood know Michael Raymond James (Rene from season 1), he was one of the boys in the bar. I hope he's going to be in more episodes. I love that dude! I mean we didn't really see if he was dead right? Or did Rick give him a head shot? He could still be alive behind the bar right?

I had to go on IMDB, I could not figure out wher eI knew him from. Thought it was a good start as well. Only one Zombie kill, but it was a good one.
    ...got a mind full of questions and a teacher in my soul...
  • Options
    intodeepintodeep Posts: 7,228
    Sprunkn7 wrote:

He is a cool actor. I did not know him from true blood but Terriors had only one season and he was one of the main guys it was a cool show.

Things i did not like:
    1. Dale jumping to the conclusion shane killed otis. He seems pretty sure to not have much facts other than his suspicions to go on.
    2. Lori going to get dale to go after rick and glen after she did not want them to go in the first place. If you are scared of putting people in danger why send another person. I did read above the producers excuse but they failed to get that across well in the show and i still think it is lame
    3. They are still on the FARM!

Last night was frustrating. I don't think i'm going to like season 2 i hope they can pull things together better for season 3
    Charlotte 00
    Charlotte 03
    Asheville 04
    Atlanta 12
    Greenville 16, Columbia 16
    Seattle 18 
    Nashville 22
  • Options
    Dr. DelightDr. Delight Posts: 11,210
    Sprunkn7 wrote:

He definitely did not shoot the fat guy in the head. I dont recall him shooting the other guy in the head either.

Remember they said that they had friend(s) looking for shelter before they both were shot. I wonder if Merle has somehow ended up with them along the way.

I also recall seeing another "walker" just before Lori hit the one with the car and then rolled.
    And so you see, I have come to doubt
    All that I once held as true
    I stand alone without beliefs
    The only truth I know is you.
  • Options
    afroannnie wrote:

I was "resting my eyes" and kind of fell asleep during the after show...did a fan call in and ask if the virus has now become airborne? Or did I make that up?...I think I started having weird zombie apocalypse dreams and unlost was in charge :shock: :?

Yeah, somebody did ask that. Naturally the guy didn't answer the question. They seldom divulge information, usually just clear up things that have already happened. They normally just give a time frame when you can expect an answer, and he said we'll know whether or not it's airborne in the next couple of episodes.

I think Kirkman may have accidentally let too much information slip at one point during the first half of the season. I have a feeling I know the answer to both that question, and what Jenner told Rick, just because things he already said on the show are now being treated as a secret by other producers.
  • Options
    Woooo, Rick whipped it out last night. Saw some of his Shane side. Although I have to admit, I recognized the one guy from True Blood and was certain he was going to be a new character, it was a little disappointing that he was gone in a flash. I cannot wait for next week's show to see how they get out of this one. I think Glen needs to be disposing of some bodies and fast.

**Edit, I also loved the way Daryl called Lori Olive Oil last night, describes her perfectly. I have always liked her character ok, but she is starting to wear on me a little. She does dumb things at times, like the car....
    Hearts and thoughts they fade....
    fade away...

I am at peace with my lust.....for Eddie.
  • Options
    RiverrunnerRiverrunner Posts: 2,419
    I just started watching this show a few weeks ago. I bought Season 1 DVD, and I had seen a couple of Season 2 earlier shows and bits and pieces here and there. So needless to say, yesterday I spent a lot of time staring at the tube catching up so I could watch the new show.

I have to say that I don't think I like Lori. In fact, after watching Season 1 I was disappointed that there didn't seem to be any strong women characters, although Andrea had potential - she just wasn't very likeable. Andrea is the blonde right? Anyway, she seems to be developing into a more interesting and better character now. And Maggie has potential too - just don't know how much longer she will be around.

I thought the new show was awesome - the big zombie barn shooting scene was intense. The first show I saw was when Shane shot Otis so I've disliked him ever since, although he does seem to have some redeeming qualities. I could not watch that scene again yesterday when Shane left Otis to be devoured by walkers. Couldn't Shane have shot him in the head instead of just leaving him wounded to be eaten alive by them, and ultimately becoming one of them?

I was shocked when Rick shot the Phillies guys last night. I really like Rick and his good guy character. I hope he isn't following Shane's lead now.

Anyway, great show and can't wait for the next one.
    The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way it treats its animals. Ghandi
  • Options

I was shocked when Rick shot the Phillies guys last night. I really like Rick and his good guy character. I hope he isn't following Shane's lead now.
    Rick realized that he needed to toughen up and become more of a leader. The whole fiasco with Sophia in the barn the entire time weakened the groups view of Rick as a capable leader.
  • Options
    Couldn't Shane have shot him in the head instead of just leaving him wounded to be eaten alive by them, and ultimately becoming one of them?

The walkers are attracted to the living. It's like they said when they lowered the canned ham down as bait for the walker in the well, he didn't take the bait because it wasn't kicking and screaming. That's not to say that the zombies don't gnaw on a dead person. I'm sure once somebody dies while they are eating them they don't walk away once their vitals cease. They're just attracted to the movement and sound. Had Shane killed Otis he would have been just another lifeless corpse laying on the ground they wouldn't have necessarily gone after, at least not while there is a live human in their line of sight (Shane) limping away from them. Leaving Otis alive kicking and screaming between him and the horde allowed for a distraction, as well as a nice plump chew toy to keep them busy.

Personally I haven't been as broken up over Otis getting killed after I saw him on Justified 2 weeks ago playing a total d-bag/murderer/drug dealer type of guy. He made a dope sick guy play Russian Roulette for some pills, then wound of killing him anyway.
  • Options

Rick realized that he needed to toughen up and become more of a leader. The whole fiasco with Sophia in the barn the entire time weakened the groups view of Rick as a capable leader.

Also, Rick had no choice. It's not like he just decided to make a choice and kill the guys. Dave was going for his gun and fat boy was backing him up. It was a justifiable kill. Self-defense.
  • Options

Also, Rick had no choice. It's not like he just decided to make a choice and kill the guys. Dave was going for his gun and fat boy was backing him up. It was a justifiable kill. Self-defense.

hopefully this is a sign of what Rick will be like from now on
  • Options
    8181 Needing a ride to Forest Hills and a ounce of weed. Please inquire within. Thanks. Or not. Posts: 58,276

not me...it was his cop instinict coming out.
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • Options
    I wrote a post in response to the above comments, but it dissapeared. Not going to re-write it, but will just say that after hours of staring at the tv yesterday afternoon & last night, I must have had blurry vision because it wasn't clear to me that the Philly guy went for his gun, although I thought maybe he had. And I would have wanted to shoot the fat guy for pissing in the floor, but probably would not have been justified.

Also, I agree that the Zombies like live meat.
    The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way it treats its animals. Ghandi
  • Options
    I wrote a post in response to the above comments, but it dissapeared. Not going to re-write it, but will just say that after hours of staring at the tv yesterday afternoon & last night, I must have had blurry vision because it wasn't clear to me that the Philly guy went for his gun, although I thought maybe he had. And I would have wanted to shoot the fat guy for pissing in the floor, but probably would not have been justified.

That fat guy was annoying, the other dude by himself would have probably not been so bad. However, I think he went for his gun too. I also think that aside from survival for his family, Rick also did it to earn his place on the farm with Hershel.
    Hearts and thoughts they fade....
    fade away...

I am at peace with my lust.....for Eddie.
  • Options
    Anyone have a link to the teaser for next weeks episode?
  • Options
    I have a question for you guys that have watched this show for a while. I am beginning to wonder if I dreamed this or hallucinated. I swear that last year sometime I saw part of a Walking Dead show in which one of the farm girls took a bite out of a horse. It was a real emotional scene in which the main group was confronting the farm group (I can't even remember which characters or actors it was). And somebody shot the old guy I think. The only thing I can figure is that this was an alternate ending that I saw? Because I saw nothing like it yesterday, and there wasn't anything on the Season 1 DVD either.

I am half embarrassed to ask this, especially if it never happened. Then I guess I need to go to a different thread, i.e. is there a mental health thread? : )
  • Options

That fat guy was annoying, the other dude by himself would have probably not been so bad. However, I think he went for his gun too. I also think that aside from survival for his family, Rick also did it to earn his place on the farm with Hershel.

They both went for their guns, the guy behind the bar first. I agree, I think Hershel was impressed by the way Rick handled it.
  • Options
    I have a question for you guys that have watched this show for a while. I am beginning to wonder if I dreamed this or hallucinated. I swear that last year sometime I saw part of a Walking Dead show in which one of the farm girls took a bite out of a horse. It was a real emotional scene in which the main group was confronting the farm group (I can't even remember which characters or actors it was). And somebody shot the old guy I think. The only thing I can figure is that this was an alternate ending that I saw? Because I saw nothing like it yesterday, and there wasn't anything on the Season 1 DVD either.

I am half embarrassed to ask this, especially if it never happened. Then I guess I need to go to a different thread, i.e. is there a mental health thread? : )

I think you dreamed it. Other than the pilot in which Rick got attacked on his horse, I haven't seen any horses get eaten. And nobody has shot Herschel. At least not yet, though Dave Navarro seemed to be advocating it on Talking Dead last night. The farm group didn't appear until Season 2, so it wouldn't be something you'd see on the Season 1 DVD.
  • Options
    LizardLizard So Cal Posts: 12,082
    just started watching this on marathon yesterday....my husb could not believe I watched hours and hours of a zombie show!!

anyway.....can someone tell me the short reason as to why the zombies came to be?
    So I'll just lie down and wait for the dream
    Where I'm not ugly and you're lookin' at me
  • Options

I think you dreamed it. Other than the pilot in which Rick got attacked on his horse, I haven't seen any horses get eaten. And nobody has shot Herschel. At least not yet, though Dave Navarro seemed to be advocating it on Talking Dead last night. The farm group didn't appear until Season 2, so it wouldn't be something you'd see on the Season 1 DVD.

Wow! I'm scared now. :o
  • Options
    Lizard wrote:
    just started watching this on marathon yesterday....my husb could not believe I watched hours and hours of a zombie show!!

anyway.....can someone tell me the short reason as to why the zombies came to be?

That hasn't been covered yet. You should go back and watch Season 1, but there isn't an answer. In the beginning Rick gets shot after a high speed pursuit, when he wakes up from his coma the zombie apocalypse has been going on for a while and the hospital/town he is in has already fallen for the most part. None of the survivors really know how all of this has happened. Except for maybe Rick, as a guy from the CDC whispered a secret to him which judging from the look on Rick's face was shocking, and we're still waiting to hear what that is. Though we're supposed to find out at some point during the remainder of Season 2.
  • Options
    LizardLizard So Cal Posts: 12,082
    Thx satonsfuton.
    So I'll just lie down and wait for the dream
    Where I'm not ugly and you're lookin' at me
  • Options
    Thank goodness for Google. I"M NOT CRAZY! Just confused. I must have seen a piece of this movie and got it mixed up with TWD. Sorry, don't mean to derail the thread, just trying to redeem myself. :lol:

http://zombie.wikia.com/wiki/Survival_of_the_Dead

Muldoon and O'Flynn face off - Muldoon's one wish is to prove O'Flynn wrong about the zombies, hoping to get the creatures to eat something other than human flesh. Muldoon's latest example is Patrick's daughter Jane, attempting to get her to devour a horse. A farmhand, Chuck (Joris Jarsky), brings out a herd of captured zombies to watch Jane's attempt to eat the horse.

She doesn't, and Janet returns with Boy, giving Crockett and the O'Flynns their weapons back. Janet attempts to reach out to Jane, who bites her twin sister. A gunfight erupts between the two families. Chuck switches sides and gets shot by Muldoon for his trouble. Dying, he releases the zombie herd and is devoured. The gunfight's focus changes to the zombie threat, and they eat and kill most of the ones in.....
  • Options
    neilybabes86neilybabes86 Posts: 16,057
    Thank goodness for Google. I"M NOT CRAZY! Just confused. I must have seen a piece of this movie and got it mixed up with TWD. Sorry, don't mean to derail the thread, just trying to redeem myself. :lol:

Muldoon and O'Flynn face off - Muldoon's one wish is to prove O'Flynn wrong about the zombies, hoping to get the creatures to eat something other than human flesh. Muldoon's latest example is Patrick's daughter Jane, attempting to get her to devour a horse. A farmhand, Chuck (Joris Jarsky), brings out a herd of captured zombies to watch Jane's attempt to eat the horse.

She doesn't, and Janet returns with Boy, giving Crockett and the O'Flynns their weapons back. Janet attempts to reach out to Jane, who bites her twin sister. A gunfight erupts between the two families. Chuck switches sides and gets shot by Muldoon for his trouble. Dying, he releases the zombie herd and is devoured. The gunfight's focus changes to the zombie threat, and they eat and kill most of the ones in.....

romero's worst ever

i understand what he attempted to do...but it just didn't work
    i post on the board of a band that doesn't exsist anymore .......i need my head examined.......
  • Options

romero's worst ever

i understand what he attempted to do...but it just didn't work

I haven't seen that one. I kind of gave up on Romero after "Diary Of The Dead", but I thought Survival seemed interesting, until I saw a commercial for it on AMC (I think they were doing a zombie marathon that Romero hosted leading up to Season 2 of Walking Dead) and saw the zombie riding the horse, at that point I decided against watching that one too.