• Options
    thefixer9thefixer9 Posts: 9,376
    Kinda a dull episode. But next weeks episode looks.... :shock:
    Tres Mts- 3/16/2011
    Eddie Vedder- 7/16/11
    Brad- 4/21/12 (RSD Performance), 4/27/12, 8/10/12
    Flight To Mars- 5/23/12
    RNDM- 11/27/12

PEARL JAM- 12/6/13 I have finally seen Pearl Jam live!
  • Options
    UpSideDownUpSideDown Posts: 1,966
    Hate to say it but this season has sucked thus far.......

Hopefully with get better next week.
  • Options
    I really didn't understand the whole long scene about getting the zombie out of the well. They've basically said the same thing on Talking Dead, but I was thinking it at the time, did they really plan on drinking water out of that well that a zombie has been floating in long enough to get that bloated? As they said, even if it wasn't a zombie apocalypse, would you drink out of a well that just had a corpse floating in it? Seemed to me like the whole thing was just an excuse for a tense scene dangling Glenn in the well, then in the end it was all for nothing because the disgusting bastard split in two and his bottom half fell in.
    They didn't drink from that well to begin with, it was for the cattle. Not sure what kind of side effects that would have on them though.
  • Options
    eeriepadaveeeriepadave West Chester, PA Posts: 41,303
    I really didn't understand the whole long scene about getting the zombie out of the well. They've basically said the same thing on Talking Dead, but I was thinking it at the time, did they really plan on drinking water out of that well that a zombie has been floating in long enough to get that bloated? As they said, even if it wasn't a zombie apocalypse, would you drink out of a well that just had a corpse floating in it? Seemed to me like the whole thing was just an excuse for a tense scene dangling Glenn in the well, then in the end it was all for nothing because the disgusting bastard split in two and his bottom half fell in.

correct. no, I wouldn't. they also mentioned they had 5 wells on the property, so why so worried about this ONE?

yeah kinda pointless. Also i didn't really get the ending with Lori going to the bathroom outside :?:

edit: nevermind just read what that was all about, apparently she's pregnant. So that what Glen was looking for and then hid. (I couldn't really tell and I must have missed their conversation about getting her one). Guess the question now is whose baby is it? Didn't she have sex with Shane?
    bf959b1f-9b77-457c-baf8-038776f33339_zps8a6a389d.jpg?t=1365722973
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
    Tres Mts.- 3/23/11- Philly
    Eddie Vedder- 6/25/11- Philly
  • Options
    Better DanBetter Dan Posts: 5,684
    UpSideDown wrote:
    Hate to say it but this season has sucked thus far.......

Hopefully with get better next week.

Haven't seen last night's episode yet, but I'm starting to worry about the show. I don't think we're even at the episodes were AMC really started cutting costs and fired the showrunner yet. Other than the beginning of the season premiere, I don't think this season has been strong at all.
    2003: San Antonio, Houston, Dallas, Seattle; 2005: Monterrey; 2006: Chicago 1 & 2, Grand Rapids, Cleveland, Detroit; 2008: West Palm Beach, Tampa; 2009: Austin, LA 3 & 4, San Diego; 2010: Kansas City, St. Louis, Columbus, Indianapolis; 2011: PJ20 1 & 2; 2012: Missoula; 2013: Dallas, Oklahoma City, Seattle; 2014: Tulsa; 2016: Columbia, New York City 1 & 2; 2018: London, Seattle 1 & 2; 2021: Ohana; 2022: Oklahoma City
  • Options
    pjsteelerfanpjsteelerfan Maryland Posts: 9,887
    Kind of slow, but I guess they need to move the plot along somehow. I wish they would wrap up the Sofia story line. And I'm sure if that is not Rick's baby, which it does not seem like it could be, that will be bad. I don't think things are going to work out on the farm and that will end badly.

The Zombie kill was cool. And it looks like Merle is back next week. I'm sure he'll be in a good mood. :D
    ...got a mind full of questions and a teacher in my soul...
  • Options
    8181 Needing a ride to Forest Hills and a ounce of weed. Please inquire within. Thanks. Or not. Posts: 58,276
    Didn't she have sex with Shane?

last season before rick showed back up
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • Options
    8181 Needing a ride to Forest Hills and a ounce of weed. Please inquire within. Thanks. Or not. Posts: 58,276
    if they want to find more people, they should consider going to the power plants.
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • Options
    SatansFutonSatansFuton Posts: 5,399
    They didn't drink from that well to begin with, it was for the cattle. Not sure what kind of side effects that would have on them though.

I know they didn't drink from it, AFTER they found the zombie in there. Maggie had told them one of the wells was for the cattle, but was just as pure, so they could get water from it if they wanted. They were getting the water for themselves, and T-Dog was about to take a drink when Dale slapped it out of his hands. They weren't getting it for the cattle. Do they even still have cattle? I don't recall seeing/hearing any.
    "See a broad to get dat booty yak 'em, leg 'er down, a smack 'em yak 'em!"
  • Options
    I know they didn't drink from it, AFTER they found the zombie in there. Maggie had told them one of the wells was for the cattle, but was just as pure, so they could get water from it if they wanted. They were getting the water for themselves, and T-Dog was about to take a drink when Dale slapped it out of his hands. They weren't getting it for the cattle. Do they even still have cattle? I don't recall seeing/hearing any.

i've not seen any....you would think the zombies ate them all...since they did eat the horse in the first season.

however, it appears the farm is resistant to zombies since only one has shown up...in the well.
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • Options
    intodeepintodeep Posts: 7,228
    Herschel is a sorcerer who has put a protection spell on the farm. The one in the well was down there when he cast it and did not get afected by it.

He uses blood magic which is how he saved carl

:?

Yeah i really have no reason why more zombies don't find there way to them with town beign a mile away and that horde only 5 miles away
    Charlotte 00
    Charlotte 03
    Asheville 04
    Atlanta 12
    Greenville 16, Columbia 16
    Seattle 18 
    Nashville 22
  • Options
    sounds like next week...they come

in the mean time...

yummy

http://www3.pictures.zimbio.com/gi/Laur ... 2NiAml.jpg
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • Options
    After the first episode of the season when they showed all the scenes from this season, I was left with the impression that Herschel and his people (this was before they had even appeared on the show) were bad people. That could be way off, as you can't really tell much from condensing a season down to about 30 seconds, and I can't remember WHAT exactly made me think that, but I came away with that impression.

So far Herschel hasn't done anything bad, but he seems very suspicious to me, although that might be on account of the first impression I came away with after that preview.

1. Why won't he allow them to carry guns on his property? That seems very suspicious. It's the zombie apocalypse, and just because right now there aren't any zombies on his property, he CAN'T be so sure there never will be. Clearly Otis had a gun, else he wouldn't have been able to pop a cap in Carl's ass.

2. It seems a little convenient that of the 5 wells on the property, Maggie pointed them directly to the one that had a walker chilling out at the bottom of it. And why did Maggie get so upset over the death of a walker. If I remember correctly they said that her mother and sister, as well as some others had died in the zombie apocalypse, so you would think one walker dying wouldn't get to her like that. Unless she knows who that walker was in life. The excuse for her behavior was that she hasn't seen any killed up close or something like that, but she seemed pretty at home bashing that one in the head with a baseball bat from horseback.

3. Between Maggie's first conversation with Glenn and Herschel's conversation with Rick last night, they really seem to be feeling out what these people are about religiously. The previews led me to believing (again, I'm not clear why) that they were some weird hillbilly cult.

And many more things have sent up red flags. I don't think this ends well. And then there's the question of why there are no zombies (other than the bather) near the property. I wouldn't be surprised if they did something messed up, like sending unsuspecting survivors to their doom in the town nearby, to keep zombies away from their land. They definitely seem to be hiding something. But who knows. Something just seems off about these people.
  • Options
    I think something is up with Herschel's farm as well, I don't see it ending well.
  • Options
    neilybabes86neilybabes86 Posts: 16,057
    isn't the farm gated in???
    i post on the board of a band that doesn't exsist anymore .......i need my head examined.......
  • Options
    intodeepintodeep Posts: 7,228
    I actually don't think Herschel and his crew are bad people. When i saw the year long preview i did think they wer bad guys too, but now that we've met them i tjust think they are different.

I think the red flag you see with Maggie and the well is just bad script. I think the whole thing was scripted poorly. It looked pretty bad when shane was pulling on the rope that obviously did not have anythign attached to it (when they were pulling Glen up).
    Charlotte 00
    Charlotte 03
    Asheville 04
    Atlanta 12
    Greenville 16, Columbia 16
    Seattle 18 
    Nashville 22
  • Options

yeah, there is a gate....

maybe that's how they get attacked next episode....somebody forgets to close the gate.

very easy could be a split rail fence which isn't really going to stop a zombie...imo
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • Options

But that begs the question how the one in the well got in. Either the place isn't zombie-proof or they knew he was in there. I don't think the fences are airtight, on one side we know it's just a chest high barbed wire fence. We've seen hordes break down doors, chain link fences, etc. I don't think the place is zombie proof just on account of the fences they used to keep the cows in. And even if the fences would do a good job, it just seems strange there aren't any zombies chilling out around the fence line or trying to get it. The place is strangely untouched.
  • Options

But that begs the question how the one in the well got in. Either the place isn't zombie-proof or they knew he was in there. I don't think the fences are airtight, on one side we know it's just a chest high barbed wire fence. We've seen hordes break down doors, chain link fences, etc. I don't think the place is zombie proof just on account of the fences they used to keep the cows in. And even if the fences would do a good job, it just seems strange there aren't any zombies chilling out around the fence line or trying to get it. The place is strangely untouched.

if they are on a farm in rural GA, it would make sense that there aren't a bunch around....

i think to my grandpa's farm and there can't be more than a few hundred people within a couple of miles in all directions...

the closest town is 5 miles away as well....so it makes sense to me. yeah, you would get a few wanders, but not a ton.
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • Options
    here is the area they are filming in

http://maps.google.com/maps?q=Bethel+Un ... 6&t=h&z=16

the church is on Luther Bailey road but i can't find the exact address.

obviously the farm could be close, or 50 miles away...you know how hollywood works.

it's interesting to not, there isn't an interstate close to the church. :lol:
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • Options

I never said they were getting water for the cattle. My point was not knowing what effect zombie water would have on the cows. As long as the people continue to not drink from it they should be fine and dandy.
  • Options
    mensanemensane Posts: 912
    do you think maybe the farm people KNEW the zombie was in the well, and purposely sent them to drink from that well?
  • Options
    mensane wrote:
    do you think maybe the farm people KNEW the zombie was in the well, and purposely sent them to drink from that well?

no.
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • Options
    I never said they were getting water for the cattle. My point was not knowing what effect zombie water would have on the cows. As long as the people continue to not drink from it they should be fine and dandy.

OK, then I'm not sure what you meant. All I was saying in the original post is that the whole thing with getting the zombie out of the well was pointless, because with 5 wells on the property I think the one with the zombie in it should just be capped to begin with. It's tainted. The point of getting the zombie out, and not simply killing it while down there, was to salvage the well so that they could presumably drink from it again. But to me a bloated, puss covered zombie swimming around in it makes it beyond salvageable. There's no need to lower Glenn down there by rope and all that shit, that well was already gone.
  • Options

OK, then I'm not sure what you meant. All I was saying in the original post is that the whole thing with getting the zombie out of the well was pointless, because with 5 wells on the property I think the one with the zombie in it should just be capped to begin with. It's tainted. The point of getting the zombie out, and not simply killing it while down there, was to salvage the well so that they could presumably drink from it again. But to me a bloated, puss covered zombie swimming around in it makes it beyond salvageable. There's no need to lower Glenn down there by rope and all that shit, that well was already gone.

wells don't look like that either.

at least not around these parts.

in theory, the actual well should be a hundred feet or so underground. and no way that pump breaks....if you have ever used one of those pumps, you know they are built like tanks...

anyways, as the water filters thru the ground, it should in theory be cleaned up be the time it gets to the well pump head....or not, depending on what is causing the zombieness to take hold
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • Options
    Better DanBetter Dan Posts: 5,684
    Finally saw it last night..didn't really think it was that great of an episode. I don't think I'm going to like the pregnancy plot, as it seems kind've soap opera-ish.... but hope that it is written well.
    2003: San Antonio, Houston, Dallas, Seattle; 2005: Monterrey; 2006: Chicago 1 & 2, Grand Rapids, Cleveland, Detroit; 2008: West Palm Beach, Tampa; 2009: Austin, LA 3 & 4, San Diego; 2010: Kansas City, St. Louis, Columbus, Indianapolis; 2011: PJ20 1 & 2; 2012: Missoula; 2013: Dallas, Oklahoma City, Seattle; 2014: Tulsa; 2016: Columbia, New York City 1 & 2; 2018: London, Seattle 1 & 2; 2021: Ohana; 2022: Oklahoma City
  • Options
    unlost dogsunlost dogs Greater Boston Posts: 12,553
    I was disappointed about the pregnancy plot. I mean, come on _ the zombie apocalypse is no reason to practice unsafe sex. (That goes for Glenn, too, but since he was in a drugstore at the time, I'm hoping he remembered.)

The zombie in the well. Yeah. I'm not sure what was up with that, although I thought it was cool how they got him all bloated. When he burst apart though, ick. Were those maggots? It kind of put me off pasta with red sauce for a bit.

And the well. As far as I know, all drinking water comes from the faucet in my kitchen. I have no idea how it gets there. But I certainly hope it isn't from a source containing bobbing zombies.

The cows: There was a scene that started with a couple of shots of the farm, and one of them showed a bunch of cows. I remember clearly because I immediately thought of Pearl Jam. (Logic as follows: cows on television>cows recently seen in person>cows seen in person while driving down the road to PJ20 at Alpine Valley>seeing cows in person while driving down the road to PJ20 at Alpine Valley prompted me to cry out "Look! Cows!" for the benefit of my fellow travelers RCKNDY, afroannie and Mr. RCKNDY.)

I also thought it was odd that the cows hadn't been eaten by the zombies. That poor horse from the pilot, I was so upset at that scene. It really bothered me. But I can't figure out how, if a horse couldn't get away, those cows were unscathed.

Herschel and the group at the farm: I also thought they were painted as sinister in the previews, but have been unfailingly nice every time we've seen them. But... things are not always as they seem and I don't get what's her name being all over Glenn in the drug store. (He is cute, but geez, the front door is open and there are zombies potentially lurching by, and you're in the feminine hygiene aisle. Not exactly romantic.) Pointing out that specific well, and the no guns rule... it's all just a bit too off for my liking. I think those people are up to something.
    15 years of sharks 06/30/08 (MA), 05/17/10 (Boston), 09/03/11 (Alpine Valley), 09/04/11 (Alpine Valley), 09/30/12 (Missoula), 07/19/13 (Wrigley), 10/15/13 (Worcester), 10/16/13 (Worcester), 10/25/13 (Hartford), 12/4/13 (Vancouver), 12/6/13 (Seattle), 6/26/14 (Berlin), 6/28/14 (Stockholm), 10/16/14 (Detroit)
  • Options
    rafierafie Posts: 2,160
    The real question is why Herschel told Rick to stay away from the barn...
    Still can't believe I met Mike Mccready at the Guggenheim and got a pic with him!!!!!

2010: 9/7/10 - Bilbao
    2012: 26-27/6/12 - Amsterdam ~~ 29/6/12 - Werchter ~~ 4-5/7/12 - Berlin
    2014: 25/6/14 - Vienna ~~ 26/6/14 - Berlin
  • Options
    rafie wrote:

I have afeeling that will be answered in the next week or two before the break
  • Options
    rafie wrote:

I have afeeling that will be answered in the next week or two before the break

I was thinking about that. A common theme in zombie films is people not being able to bring themselves to kill their friends/loved ones after being bitten or even after turning. From the Romero films, to Shaun of the Dead, and we've already seen it once in the pilot of this show, it usually comes up. Given that Herschel specifically asked what they would do if they found Sophia and she had been bitten, that he told them to put away their guns on his property, made the barn off limits, etc, makes me think that Herschel's wife and other daughter (as well as whoever else they said they have lost) may be "alive" as zombies in that barn.

It would also explain why Maggie acted so weird over bloated zombie getting killed, and her very strange behavior afterward. I think she knew him, and that the rest of their friends/loved ones are in that barn.