Options

THE WALKING DEAD...and all things zombie

Comments

• Options
    pjsteelerfanpjsteelerfan Maryland Posts: 9,887
    rafie wrote:
    The real question is why Herschel told Rick to stay away from the barn...

I have afeeling that will be answered in the next week or two before the break

I was thinking about that. A common theme in zombie films is people not being able to bring themselves to kill their friends/loved ones after being bitten or even after turning. From the Romero films, to Shaun of the Dead, and we've already seen it once in the pilot of this show, it usually comes up. Given that Herschel specifically asked what they would do if they found Sophia and she had been bitten, that he told them to put away their guns on his property, made the barn off limits, etc, makes me think that Herschel's wife and other daughter (as well as whoever else they said they have lost) may be "alive" as zombies in that barn.

It would also explain why Maggie acted so weird over bloated zombie getting killed, and her very strange behavior afterward. I think she knew him, and that the rest of their friends/loved ones are in that barn.

That is what I think as well. Could be why Herschel wanted them to leave as soon as Ricks son could travel. And why he said they have to obey his rules.
    ...got a mind full of questions and a teacher in my soul...
  • Options
    SatansFutonSatansFuton Posts: 5,399

That is what I think as well. Could be why Herschel wanted them to leave as soon as Ricks son could travel. And why he said they have to obey his rules.

It would makes sense. We know from his conversation with Rick, either 1 week or 2 weeks ago, that Herschel believes there is, or will be a cure, and compared it to other epidemics in the past. Given that is what he believes, it would make sense that he wouldn't just kill his wife and whoever else once they got it. He would quarantine them somewhere. Like a barn.
    "See a broad to get dat booty yak 'em, leg 'er down, a smack 'em yak 'em!"
  • Options
    8181 Needing a ride to Forest Hills and a ounce of weed. Please inquire within. Thanks. Or not. Posts: 58,276
    no...the doctor didn't want them in the barn because that would invite a long term stay...and guests stay by the house.

that said, there could be something in the barn....and he could be working on a cure since he is a doctor.
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • Options
    neilybabes86neilybabes86 Posts: 16,057
    rafie wrote:
    The real question is why Herschel told Rick to stay away from the barn...

I have afeeling that will be answered in the next week or two before the break

I was thinking about that. A common theme in zombie films is people not being able to bring themselves to kill their friends/loved ones after being bitten or even after turning. From the Romero films, to Shaun of the Dead, and we've already seen it once in the pilot of this show, it usually comes up. Given that Herschel specifically asked what they would do if they found Sophia and she had been bitten, that he told them to put away their guns on his property, made the barn off limits, etc, makes me think that Herschel's wife and other daughter (as well as whoever else they said they have lost) may be "alive" as zombies in that barn.

It would also explain why Maggie acted so weird over bloated zombie getting killed, and her very strange behavior afterward. I think she knew him, and that the rest of their friends/loved ones are in that barn.

hmnnn something fishy is going in that barn
    i post on the board of a band that doesn't exsist anymore .......i need my head examined.......
  • Options
    hmnnn something fishy is going in that barn

Bub is in there trying to order a pizza

the-many-looks-of-the-zombie-20081031080009905-000.jpg
  • Options
    so whats the deal with episodes remaining?? 2 b4 the break? do we know for sure?
    i post on the board of a band that doesn't exsist anymore .......i need my head examined.......
  • Options
    8181 Needing a ride to Forest Hills and a ounce of weed. Please inquire within. Thanks. Or not. Posts: 58,276
    downloading some game called ck zombies to the phone.
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • Options
    so whats the deal with episodes remaining?? 2 b4 the break? do we know for sure?

According to Wikipedia there are 3 episodes left before the break.

It lists the following:

"Chupacabra" - November 13, 2011

"Secrets" - November 20, 2011

"Pretty Much Dead Already" - November 27, 2011

Then it lists an untitled episode for February 12, 2012
  • Options

It lists the following:

ughhh feb ????????????? dam

althiough we know what chupacabra means...so that seems very interesting
    and secrets....that has to be good
  • Options
    pjsteelerfanpjsteelerfan Maryland Posts: 9,887

It lists the following:

better than waiting a year like we did after the first season I guess
    ...got a mind full of questions and a teacher in my soul...
  • Options
    Indifference71Indifference71 Chicago Posts: 14,792

It lists the following:

Fuck! I didnt know they were breaking up the season into 2 parts. That sucks.
  • Options
    Fuck! I didnt know they were breaking up the season into 2 parts. That sucks.

I'm not sure if they are, I'm a bit confused myself. Season 2, in its entirety was supposed to be 13 episodes I thought. "Pretty Much Dead Already" will be the 13th episode of the season. So I think that February episode might be some Wikipedia nonsense. It can't be the Season 3 premiere because that just got the greenlight last month, I doubt they would be ready to come back that soon. Unless they really work fast, which so far has not been their MO.
  • Options
    Better DanBetter Dan Posts: 5,684
    It's true -- season 2 is being split up into two parts.:

"The Walking Dead will be returning to AMC in 2012 with 13 new episodes.

AMC has announced that they have renewed their hugely successful drama series The Walking Dead for a third season consisting of 13 episodes, which they expect to air in 2012. The current season of the drama series, which only premiered on October 16, 2011, is being broadcast in two parts by AMC. New episodes will continue to air on the cable network through November 27, 2011, at which point the show will go on hiatus until February 2012.

http://www.suite101.com/news/amc-renews ... -3-a394482
    2003: San Antonio, Houston, Dallas, Seattle; 2005: Monterrey; 2006: Chicago 1 & 2, Grand Rapids, Cleveland, Detroit; 2008: West Palm Beach, Tampa; 2009: Austin, LA 3 & 4, San Diego; 2010: Kansas City, St. Louis, Columbus, Indianapolis; 2011: PJ20 1 & 2; 2012: Missoula; 2013: Dallas, Oklahoma City, Seattle; 2014: Tulsa; 2016: Columbia, New York City 1 & 2; 2018: London, Seattle 1 & 2; 2021: Ohana; 2022: Oklahoma City
  • Options
    81 wrote:
    downloading some game called ck zombies to the phone.
    Not a bad little game
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • Options
    unlost dogsunlost dogs Greater Boston Posts: 12,553
    Yikes. Just caught up on the thread. So THAT'S why the barn is off limits. Makes total sense.

Well.

Now I'm afraid to go into my garage. Who knows what's lurking around in there.
    :?
    15 years of sharks 06/30/08 (MA), 05/17/10 (Boston), 09/03/11 (Alpine Valley), 09/04/11 (Alpine Valley), 09/30/12 (Missoula), 07/19/13 (Wrigley), 10/15/13 (Worcester), 10/16/13 (Worcester), 10/25/13 (Hartford), 12/4/13 (Vancouver), 12/6/13 (Seattle), 6/26/14 (Berlin), 6/28/14 (Stockholm), 10/16/14 (Detroit)
  • Options
    Sprunkn7Sprunkn7 Posts: 5,277
    Yes, and pointing out people in the pictures who are "gone" was def. a clue as to whats in store.
    I think they are hiding them in the barn also.

Also will be interesting when the brothers meet again.
    Thank you fellow 10 clubber for saving my ass....again!!!
  • Options
    Sprunkn7 wrote:
    Yes, and pointing out people in the pictures who are "gone" was def. a clue as to whats in store.
    I think they are hiding them in the barn also.

Also will be interesting when the brothers meet again.

I have to go back and rewatch this.

What exactly did Herschel say about the barn?
    15 years of sharks 06/30/08 (MA), 05/17/10 (Boston), 09/03/11 (Alpine Valley), 09/04/11 (Alpine Valley), 09/30/12 (Missoula), 07/19/13 (Wrigley), 10/15/13 (Worcester), 10/16/13 (Worcester), 10/25/13 (Hartford), 12/4/13 (Vancouver), 12/6/13 (Seattle), 6/26/14 (Berlin), 6/28/14 (Stockholm), 10/16/14 (Detroit)
  • Options
    SPOILERS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

OK, when looking for some more info on exactly what Herschel said about the barn, I came across an article talking about the graphic novels. This might not happen, but I'm betting if follows it to some extent.

Herschel does indeed have zombies in the barn. One of which is his son, there is no mention of wife or daughter, but the graphic novels are different in some respects. The zombies get loose and bite several of Herschel's people, Herschel decides against it just being a disease and realizes they are indeed the undead and kills them himself, as well as those that were bitten and haven't turned. Later he finds Glenn and Maggie together and makes Rick and his people leave the farm, threatening to shoot them. Though apparently Rick goes back and gets him later and bygones are bygones.

END OF SPOILERS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • Options
    SPOILERS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

OK, when looking for some more info on exactly what Herschel said about the barn, I came across an article talking about the graphic novels. This might not happen, but I'm betting if follows it to some extent.

Herschel does indeed have zombies in the barn. One of which is his son, there is no mention of wife or daughter, but the graphic novels are different in some respects. The zombies get loose and bite several of Herschel's people, Herschel decides against it just being a disease and realizes they are indeed the undead and kills them himself, as well as those that were bitten and haven't turned. Later he finds Glenn and Maggie together and makes Rick and his people leave the farm, threatening to shoot them. Though apparently Rick goes back and gets him later and bygones are bygones.

END OF SPOILERS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:shock: just :shock:
  • Options
    CAN'T READ THE SPOILERS...

oh yea MERLE IS BACK :o:mrgreen:
  • Options

What did they do with his hand?
    :shock:
  • Options

his bro took it...gonna tie it back on
  • Options
    mensanemensane Posts: 912
    when did herschel tell rick to stay away from the barn???
  • Options

Well, Daryl wrapped it up in a bandanna for safe keeping...

merles-hand1.png

Unless it got up and walked off like Thing from The Addams Family I would say he has it. Or maybe it began to decay and smell, so he tossed it away or something.
  • Options
    mensane wrote:

I just watched that scene, it wasn't really like he told Rick to stay away from the barn. Rick offered to give them more space and set up next to the barn, and Herschel said No, and for them to set up by the house. Unless there's another scene where it's mentioned.
  • Options
    mensane wrote:

I just watched that scene, it wasn't really like he told Rick to stay away from the barn. Rick offered to give them more space and set up next to the barn, and Herschel said No, and for them to set up by the house. Unless there's another scene where it's mentioned.

It all makes sense still _ he wants them to stay away from the barn. And we know he believes there will be a cure. So no guns because he doesn't want the zombies in the barn to be... what's the word here, it isn't killed, right? Killed again? Ultimately killed?
  • Options
    mensane wrote:

It all makes sense still _ he wants them to stay away from the barn. And we know he believes there will be a cure. So no guns because he doesn't want the zombies in the barn to be... what's the word here, it isn't killed, right? Killed again? Ultimately killed?

Yeah, but I had forgotten exactly how it went down, and I was under the impression from some of my reading that Herschel had flat out warned Rick to stay away, when it was a little more subtle than that.
  • Options
    LikeAnOceanLikeAnOcean Posts: 7,718
    Last Sunday's episode is the first episode I wouldn't watch again.. I hope next week's makes up for it. :?
  • Options
    http://www.amctv.com/the-walking-dead/v ... ell-walker

the well walker comes to life....
  • Options

Kudos to the guy who wore that whole rig in 97 degree heat. He must have been dying in there.

It really was an impressive scene, especially when he split in half.

Mmmmmmm, zombie guts!