Options

THE WALKING DEAD...and all things zombie

Comments

• Options
    eeriepadaveeeriepadave West Chester, PA Posts: 40,948
    Thought it was going to be a slow episode which it was for like 40 minutes. Sucks about Denise, I liked her.
    bf959b1f-9b77-457c-baf8-038776f33339_zps8a6a389d.jpg?t=1365722973
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
    Tres Mts.- 3/23/11- Philly
    Eddie Vedder- 6/25/11- Philly
  • Options
    RiverrunnerRiverrunner Posts: 2,419
    I thought it was a great episode. Was totally shocked at the arrow through the head. And I was yelling at Abraham and Eugene - I thought Eugene was going to get bit - instead he later became the biter :). I also yelled at Denise to not go into that room at the Apothecary so was relieved when she survived that. Note to self: Don't take the tracks.
    The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way it treats its animals. Ghandi
  • Options
    rival.rival. Chicago Posts: 7,776
    was expecting a slow episode as well, turned out to be a pretty good one.

the blonde guy that stole daryl's motorcycle... he can't possibly be with negan's group, can he? i thought it was portrayed that negan's group stole the bike from him and presumably gave him the burn marks that we saw in last night's episode. so does the blonde guy now think daryl is part of negan's group? i'm kind of confused as to what role that guy is going to play, and he had a pretty large, well armed group with him, so maybe he is from negan's camp? i dunno. he seemed kind of soft when we first saw him many episodes back.
  • Options
    rival.rival. Chicago Posts: 7,776
    unless he is part of negan's camp and was one of the guys that got locked in that room two episodes ago when carol/maggie set it ablaze? and he somehow got out? maybe i just missed something?
  • Options
    Apparently Dwight (the guy that took Daryl's bike and whose face is burned) is back with Negan's group. I saw a post that Negan burned his face with an iron. I presume as punishment for running away. He was not one of the guys that Maggie and Carol burned. I wonder what happened to the woman he was with originally. I wonder if her face is burned too. Or if we will ever see her again.
    The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way it treats its animals. Ghandi
  • Options
    Indifference71Indifference71 Chicago Posts: 14,747
    That episode was kinda all over the place. Carol's reasoning for leaving doesn't make much sense. Because she doesn't want to kill again?? She's much more likely to have to kill again being out there on her own instead of inside the walls of Alexandria. And her sudden change to not want to kill came completely out of nowhere.
  • Options

That episode was kinda all over the place. Carol's reasoning for leaving doesn't make much sense. Because she doesn't want to kill again?? She's much more likely to have to kill again being out there on her own instead of inside the walls of Alexandria. And her sudden change to not want to kill came completely out of nowhere.

I need to see the letter. I was confused too. I was thinking that she was saying she has been killing to save other people so if she was by herself she wouldn't have to kill for others. Maybe she is thinking that it is easier to avoid confrontation by yourself than with a group inside a town that others will be envious of. The last few episodes have been leading up to Carol's reluctance to kill as evidenced by her diary. I think when she killed the Wolf she had second thoughts. And maybe the two months after the Wolf attack and the horde getting in she did some self analysis (the list of her kills) and found out she didn't like herself.
  • Options
    mca47mca47 Posts: 13,257

Yeah, I was a little confused too. I think out on your own, all you'll be killing is zombies. Mostly at least. I think after Rick and gang's raid where they slaughtered everyone pushed her over the top. Then her and Maggie burning people alive because of it....just too much. But yeah, you might not want to kill anymore, but being out there on your own, you might as well just put a gun to your head.
  • Options
    mca47mca47 Posts: 13,257
    I thought the scene where Dwight's group surrounded Daryl, after killing Denise was a little silly. The arrow through the head was unexpected and pretty cool, but the whole Eugene biting Dwight while Abraham aimless shoots at the bad guys....meh.
    First of all Abraham flanked 5-6 of those guys, unloaded...bullets flying everywhere and only one guy got hit. And that was a big enough distraction for Daryl and Rosita to grab guns (and the crossbow) and also shoot aimlessly. Where did Daryl's AK-47 come from? It seems like he bent over and it was there? Maybe I missed something but that whole scene seemed farfetched. Everyone shooting aimlessly and not hitting anything reminded me of an episode of the A-Team.
  • Options
    pickupyourwillpickupyourwill Posts: 3,135

I wouldn't say that her sudden change to not want to kill was from nowhere...it seemed that they were building up slowly to her remorse. I happened to catch the end of last week's before last night's started, and it showed her face right after Rick killed the guy who said he was Negan, knowing very well he wasn't Negan. She looked a little suprised and taken aback by his unnecessary violence (even though she literally just took out a group on the kill floor). I think there is some inconsistency in the writing, but they must have a plan in mind for her character taking off on her own again. I would think they wouldn't have her come back and save the day again like with Terminus--too predictable.
  • Options
    eeriepadaveeeriepadave West Chester, PA Posts: 40,948
    speaking of Negan, i know there is suppose to be one dude, but why were the people in his group saying everyone is Negan?
    bf959b1f-9b77-457c-baf8-038776f33339_zps8a6a389d.jpg?t=1365722973
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
    Tres Mts.- 3/23/11- Philly
    Eddie Vedder- 6/25/11- Philly
  • Options
    HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 35,836

speaking of Negan, i know there is suppose to be one dude, but why were the people in his group saying everyone is Negan?

I asked My buddy who reads the comics and he told me they all do that as a pact, so no one attacking will ever know who negan is.

Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    I think carol is going to die at the end of this season. Or daryl will and her not being there to protect him will bring her back to reality.

It seems interesting, almost unrealistic, that she has been the cold, calculating one all along, doing what needs to be done without even a hint of regret or remorse, and now over the past few episodes she is running a guilt trip? Its weird. Maybe morgan got in her head, but after being intellectual about their situation for so long, its just odd to me that all of a sudden she Is turning emotional. She killed a child in the garden, ffs, two seasons ago!
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options

I think it is more to do with killing out of necessity, or self defence, rather than preemptive killing of others you perceive as a threat.

Its been builiding over a few episodes, which has been at least a few months in walking dead time, if not more.

Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    Sprunkn7Sprunkn7 Posts: 5,277
    I love the way this season has played out. Best one yet IMO.
    Thank you fellow 10 clubber for saving my ass....again!!!
  • Options

I think carol is going to die at the end of this season. Or daryl will and her not being there to protect him will bring her back to reality.

It seems interesting, almost unrealistic, that she has been the cold, calculating one all along, doing what needs to be done without even a hint of regret or remorse, and now over the past few episodes she is running a guilt trip? Its weird. Maybe morgan got in her head, but after being intellectual about their situation for so long, its just odd to me that all of a sudden she Is turning emotional. She killed a child in the garden, ffs, two seasons ago!

So, they've said on Talking Dead that the lines between right and wrong are getting blurred a bit with Rick and the crew. Carol got kicked out of the prison for burning 2 that were terminally sick--but making the bad choice of not letting loved ones say goodbye--that's cold. And the sociopath child being killed looking at the flowers was also to protect themselves from the girl not killing them or Elizabeth--understandable but also cold. Now it seems Rick is turning cold like that with his reasoning. I would imagine anyone banished away like Carol was, for what Rick is now doing, would also have some resentment there...she did mention Rick in the letter afterall. But it is just fiction so who knows.
  • Options

So, they've said on Talking Dead that the lines between right and wrong are getting blurred a bit with Rick and the crew. Carol got kicked out of the prison for burning 2 that were terminally sick--but making the bad choice of not letting loved ones say goodbye--that's cold. And the sociopath child being killed looking at the flowers was also to protect themselves from the girl not killing them or Elizabeth--understandable but also cold. Now it seems Rick is turning cold like that with his reasoning. I would imagine anyone banished away like Carol was, for what Rick is now doing, would also have some resentment there...she did mention Rick in the letter afterall. But it is just fiction so who knows.
    I must have missed that part about Rick in the letter. what did it say?
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    DewieCoxDewieCox Posts: 11,412

I feel like that's putting more thought into it than the writers. But could you imagine if her resentment towards Rick for kicking her out of the prison and how he acts now(though I don't agree he's turned into a cold blooded killer like some seem to) led her to seek out Negan and she became a villain.
  • Options
    I'm hoping Carol just needs a walkabout and she comes back? I'm not really sure why she feels she can't stay. They would take care of her! Freakin Morgan messed up her head!
  • Options
    Sprunkn7 said:

I'm hoping Carol just needs a walkabout and she comes back? I'm not really sure why she feels she can't stay. They would take care of her! Freakin Morgan messed up her head!

she doesn't want to have to kill for anyone anymore. she keeps having to do the heavy handed work to protect others because either they can't or won't. she's tired of it. putting a bullet in that last girl's skull and then burning those other men alive clinched it.
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    yes, but I'm saying she could stay and not do any of the heavy hitting. Take a break. Why put herself out there, even if she did it before. She could control herself no? Grrr...it's a dumb thing to do and I'm sure she knows that. I'm more upset over Carol leaving than Denise getting the arrow to the head. And I liked Denise.
  • Options

I must have missed that part about Rick in the letter. what did it say?
    I meant to put Judith instead of Elizabeth..lol..sorry. For some reason I thought Rick's baby's name was Elizabeth.

I don't think she mentioned him negatively--just that he once sent her away. And then she thought maybe her going away would be good this time also. It really does sound more like she just needs to clear her head--no distractions. Good for her.
  • Options
    DewieCox said:

I feel like that's putting more thought into it than the writers. But could you imagine if her resentment towards Rick for kicking her out of the prison and how he acts now(though I don't agree he's turned into a cold blooded killer like some seem to) led her to seek out Negan and she became a villain.
    I couldn't see her venturing all the way to the dark side...of Negan's group. I think that's what was great about Alicia Witt's character. On Talking Dead they mentioned how Carol was face to face with whom she could have become. When Witt's character says..."I stopped counting after a dozen"..meaning innocent people she killed who got in her way--at the very start of the zombie apocalypse. Carol could have ended up like that too...but I think now, after that experience with Maggie, I couldn't see her being a villain..again.
  • Options
    Yes, but Paula also killed her boss, right at the beginning. She was heartless already.
  • Options
    DewieCoxDewieCox Posts: 11,412

DewieCox said:

I couldn't see her venturing all the way to the dark side...of Negan's group. I think that's what was great about Alicia Witt's character. On Talking Dead they mentioned how Carol was face to face with whom she could have become. When Witt's character says..."I stopped counting after a dozen"..meaning innocent people she killed who got in her way--at the very start of the zombie apocalypse. Carol could have ended up like that too...but I think now, after that experience with Maggie, I couldn't see her being a villain..again.
    I don't think it'll happen, but people would go absolutely apeshit. If she truly thinks Rick has turned to the dark side, then theoretically she wouldn't be going bad, she'd be leaving it behind.
  • Options
    I just read up about how Carol dies in the comics. it happens quite early, when the group is at the prison. if they recreate that scene for the show, Melissa McBride would be correct, that it would be dark as fuck.
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    Sprunkn7 said:

Yes, but Paula also killed her boss, right at the beginning. She was heartless already.

That's true. Thanks for the name--Paula--couldn't think of it.
  • Options
    dimitrispearljamdimitrispearljam NINUNINOPRO Posts: 139,158
    Seems to me the show needs a direction..to.cure..to a place something happens..now wondering around..meeet new groups.kill them..repeat
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • Options

Seems to me the show needs a direction..to.cure..to a place something happens..now wondering around..meeet new groups.kill them..repeat

I was also thinking about stuff that is manufactured that will lose their life, like batteries. What will happen when they run out of batteries? Of course this will be years from where the story is now.

Everyone is skeptical of everyone.....kind of hard to make friends let alone a build a big community without the power hungry asswipes that have gone loco crazy taking over.
    The story is all about the relationships of people; the zombies are old hat....The group needs to meet more "good" people and band together. But who is a good person? Someone that protects their core group thats who.....how to merge the good groups is the question.
  • Options
    NamiNami Newfoundland Posts: 5,989
    Sprunkn7 said:

I was also thinking about stuff that is manufactured that will lose their life, like batteries. What will happen when they run out of batteries? Of course this will be years from where the story is now.

Everyone is skeptical of everyone.....kind of hard to make friends let alone a build a big community without the power hungry asswipes that have gone loco crazy taking over.
    The story is all about the relationships of people; the zombies are old hat....The group needs to meet more "good" people and band together. But who is a good person? Someone that protects their core group thats who.....how to merge the good groups is the question.
    i haven't the comics and not sure if it was mentioned earlier in this thread, but would Jesus be this person? Based on what we saw of him over the last couple episodes he seems level headed and out for good... his nonviolent first interaction with Rick and Daryl? Maybe even Morgan? lol he throws Rick into the slammer to change his ways... cant believe only a few episodes left, damn this season went quick.
    Hamilton 9-13-05; Toronto 5-9-06, Toronto 8-21-09, Toronto 9-12-11, Hamilton 9-15-11....