Options

THE WALKING DEAD...and all things zombie

Comments

• Options
    Sprunkn7Sprunkn7 Posts: 5,277
    I thought it was boring! Really? Besides them driving into the Saviors here and there and Carol being found (and shot twice)...It could have easily been an hour long.
    Sadly it did not do much for me and I dont even care that I have to wait to find out who got Lucilled...I still think they did the comics proud and it was Glenn.
    Thank you fellow 10 clubber for saving my ass....again!!!
  • Options
    pickupyourwillpickupyourwill Posts: 3,135
    edited April 2016

decent finale. wonder who it was that got pretty much beaten to death with "Lucille"

I think it could have been Eugene or Abraham--the way they both got to say goodbye to each other before Eugene got on the RV by himself and split from the group. And I'm sure the whole eenie meenie minie moe thing is rigged on Negan's part--if it landed on someone he really wasn't sure about, he'd skip over them...lol...but there I go putting too much thought into it again.

Geoffrey Dean Morgan did a great job. I thought it was a great episode for the whole cast.
    Post edited by pickupyourwill on
  • Options
    Sprunkn7 said:

I thought it was boring! Really? Besides them driving into the Saviors here and there and Carol being found (and shot twice)...It could have easily been an hour long.
    Sadly it did not do much for me and I dont even care that I have to wait to find out who got Lucilled...I still think they did the comics proud and it was Glenn.

I didn't think it was boring but the cliffhanger does suck...I don't like to wait..lol. I do think it was necessary to drive back and forth into the saviors a few times just to illustrate how trapped in they were by Negan's camp--there really was no way out at that point. It took time to show it, but it seemed like something that had to be shown.
  • Options
    rival.rival. Chicago Posts: 7,776
    edited April 2016
    bush league cliffhanger bullshit. you go all season speculating who negan is going to kill, is it going to be faithful to the comics, etc, etc, etc. only to have to wait until october to find out? i don't mind cliffhangers, but this one comes off as bush league after all the build and hype they had all season. really thought we would find out last night.

anyways, i still think it's glenn. if not glenn then daryl, although michonne would be an incredible 180. it has to be a character that has been with us from early on in the series. that death is a proper send off for someone who has been around this long. i do not see it being abraham or eugene, as they are not "important" enough for that kind of send off/kill.
    Post edited by rival. on
  • Options
    rival.rival. Chicago Posts: 7,776
    edited April 2016
    and with this new arrangement negan made with rick -- the whole "you work for me", we take half of what you have deal. they made a point of eugene passing along the instructions on how to make bullets to rick. bet next season, they start manufacturing bullets for negan and the saviors. rick and crew aren't really giving up anything they have other than providing the labor to manufacture the bullets.
  • Options
    rival. said:

anyways, i still think it's glenn. if not glenn then daryl, although michonne would be an incredible 180. it has to be a character that has been with us from early on in the series. that death is a proper send off for someone who has been around this long. i do not see it being abraham or eugene, as they are not "important" enough for that kind of send off/kill.

That's true. It is a big send off worthy of someone from the first or second season--the same reason they couldn't kill Carol off that easily by her savior stalker--instead she is shot twice and it will drag out for an episode or two whether she lives or not.

I would think an obvious choice for a villian like Negan would be to take out Rick the leader because he would pose a threat in terms of fighting him every step of the way while "working for him". And taking out Darryl would be an obvious choice too because Negan already knows he's wounded and is also a force of nature. But staying faithful to the comics and Negan's style will make many fans happy it sounds like.
  • Options
    mca47mca47 Posts: 13,257
    Was a decent finale. It really didn't need to be 90 minutes as they could have shown them running into those roadblocks in more rapid succession. Anyways, I was hoping to see who Negan bashed in, but I figured this would happen.
    My money is on the following characters getting bashed in order:
    Glenn - For obvious reasons
    Abraham
    Eugene
    Random Alexandria person
    Daryl - Doubt it's Daryl, especially since he was on Talking Dead last night.

There is no way it'll be a girl or a child (Carl).
  • Options
    Dr. DelightDr. Delight Posts: 11,210
    Awful episode.
    Also, again with that fake CGI POV blood splatter and the cliff hangar ending.
    Boring.
    And so you see, I have come to doubt
    All that I once held as true
    I stand alone without beliefs
    The only truth I know is you.
  • Options
    Indifference71Indifference71 Chicago Posts: 14,747

Awful episode.
    Also, again with that fake CGI POV blood splatter and the cliff hangar ending.
    Boring.

Yep. That was pretty bad. Like others have said, no clue why they felt the need for this episode to be 90 minutes. This whole season was pretty bad. Some parts of the 2nd half were better than the 1st half, but it turned out to be a terribly slow buildup to a predictable cliffhanger.
  • Options
    bobby dazzlersbobby dazzlers Posts: 2,001
    90 mins means more adverts...
    It's a hopeless... situation
    And I'm starting to believe
  • Options
    wall232wall232 New York Posts: 1,346
    edited April 2016
    From the angle of the person getting killed I would say it was Glenn. Pretty much everyone was kneeling and facing straight towards the RV, but Glenn was off to the side and sort of at a turn, so his view wasn't directly looking at the RV. I could also be reading too much into the the 3rd person view.

Surprised to see people thinking it was a bad season, I thought it was a pretty good one.
    Post edited by wall232 on
    NYPJ
  • Options
    eeriepadaveeeriepadave West Chester, PA Posts: 40,936
    mca47 said:

Was a decent finale. It really didn't need to be 90 minutes as they could have shown them running into those roadblocks in more rapid succession. Anyways, I was hoping to see who Negan bashed in, but I figured this would happen.
    My money is on the following characters getting bashed in order:
    Glenn - For obvious reasons
    Abraham
    Eugene
    Random Alexandria person
    Daryl - Doubt it's Daryl, especially since he was on Talking Dead last night.

There is no way it'll be a girl or a child (Carl).

Abraham was my first thought of who got "Lucilled" but wouldn't suprise me if it was Glenn (hoping not cause i like his character).
    bf959b1f-9b77-457c-baf8-038776f33339_zps8a6a389d.jpg?t=1365722973
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
    Tres Mts.- 3/23/11- Philly
    Eddie Vedder- 6/25/11- Philly
  • Options
    wall232 said:

From the angle of the person getting killed I would say it was Glenn. Pretty much everyone was kneeling and facing straight towards the RV, but Glenn was off to the side and sort of at a turn, so his view wasn't directly looking at the RV. I could also be reading too much into the the 3rd person view.

Surprised to see people thinking it was a bad season, I thought it was a pretty good one.

I thought the second half was pretty good.
  • Options
    Drowned OutDrowned Out Posts: 6,056
    "she needs a doctor" - Captain Obvious (Rick) in the RV
    ....that line was so out of place, I burst out laughing....wasn't that the whole point of the road trip? :lol: Andrew Lincoln's acting at the end of this episode annoyed me....that overdone stunned look....he seems to be the only character that goes into complete shock in these situations. Otherwise, decent episode.

I saw what was claimed to be a leaked pic of Glen's head bashed in....didn't bother investigating whether it was real or where it came from....but I wouldn't be surprised if it was Glen that met Lucille up close.

I was thinking last night....this show would have a lot more intrigue if there was some glimmer of hope of overcoming the virus/whatever it is, or if there was still some kind of government structure to run into for more answers...some kind of mystery that they were looking to solve. Haven't read the graphic novels, so I guess something along those lines could still happen, but it's not looking that way. I thought it was a let down (not just for the characters, from a plot perspective) when it was determined that Eugene was lying about his reason for going to Washington. The show is basically just an apocalyptic tribal warfare/survival show now...Gilligan's Island with zombies....they aren't really working toward anything, it's just one bad guy after another with no over-arching plot left at all....
  • Options

"she needs a doctor" - Captain Obvious (Rick) in the RV
    ....that line was so out of place, I burst out laughing....wasn't that the whole point of the road trip? :lol: Andrew Lincoln's acting at the end of this episode annoyed me....that overdone stunned look....he seems to be the only character that goes into complete shock in these situations. Otherwise, decent episode.

I saw what was claimed to be a leaked pic of Glen's head bashed in....didn't bother investigating whether it was real or where it came from....but I wouldn't be surprised if it was Glen that met Lucille up close.

I was thinking last night....this show would have a lot more intrigue if there was some glimmer of hope of overcoming the virus/whatever it is, or if there was still some kind of government structure to run into for more answers...some kind of mystery that they were looking to solve. Haven't read the graphic novels, so I guess something along those lines could still happen, but it's not looking that way. I thought it was a let down (not just for the characters, from a plot perspective) when it was determined that Eugene was lying about his reason for going to Washington. The show is basically just an apocalyptic tribal warfare/survival show now...Gilligan's Island with zombies....they aren't really working toward anything, it's just one bad guy after another with no over-arching plot left at all....

Pretty much. The zombies are a complete afterthought at this point. They need to do something. I mentioned many times in this thread that the zombies need to have a mutation or something...something that makes them either faster, stronger, scarier, whatever. While I think the second half of this season was pretty good (at the least...entertaining) it's been the same show for since season 3.
    Rick pisses me off too. For a guy who acts tough and ruthlessly kills, he's such a pussy when the cards aren't in his favor. I like how literally everyone in their group who was on their knees showed for stoicism than their tough leader-guy. I still watch, I still find it entertaining...but the show has been dumb for many years. Nothing wrong with a little mindless entertainment from time to time.
  • Options
    eeriepadaveeeriepadave West Chester, PA Posts: 40,936
    bf959b1f-9b77-457c-baf8-038776f33339_zps8a6a389d.jpg?t=1365722973
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
    Tres Mts.- 3/23/11- Philly
    Eddie Vedder- 6/25/11- Philly
  • Options
    HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 35,835
    that blood on the POV at the end looked like something from a 1950's horror movie. that was garbage. and at least throw your fans a bone. SHOW who got killed FFS. worst WD finale ever.
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    overall i thought it was an ok episode but it did drag on a bit. totally not surprised that they didnt reveal who gets killed off i assumed thats the way it was always going to finish. Personally Im certained its not Carl but could be Daryl or Michonne
  • Options
    Sprunkn7Sprunkn7 Posts: 5,277
    whatever we thought of it, there are plenty of people still talking about it so they did a good job in that respect.
    Not surprised by the ending since I had already heard it would be a cliffhanger, everyone knew Negan was coming so what other "cliffhanger" could it have been? I was prepared to have to wait. I like Negan...Thought he was great and look forward to what this does to the group. And as mentioned somewhere above, I would think they have to make bullets. They don't HAVE anything to trade......
    Nice twist on Carol and Morgan getting rescued by the knights. Maybe still some good people out there.

Coworker and I were talking about Enid. How Enid gave Maggie the pickles...did she poison them? Is she part of the Savior group? How did they KNOW they would be traveling that day, enough to set all the roadblocks up? We know they've been watching Alexandria but that was a lot to put in place if they were scrambling to get Maggie over to Hilltop.
    I would have liked to have gotten a glimpse of Jesus too...why introduce him and then drop him like a bad habit? At least show him bleeding or hiding or dead...something!

I really didn't care for Fear WD but I may give it another shot on demand.
    Thank you fellow 10 clubber for saving my ass....again!!!
  • Options
    F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,643
    Watched the finale last night....add my complaints to the list above. I never enjoy crapping on a show I like -- but the process of packing up all of the good fighters and leaving Alexandria was dumb, dumb, dumb....and while I thought the part when Negan came out was terrific, the lead up was weak and the blood splatter at the end made me laugh out loud. My wife was totally pissed off about the cliffhanger, but I do not mind. Helps make up for how shitty much of this season was....now I will be wanting to see Glen or Darryl's head mashed in. I like both of their characters but it will be weak (as others stated) to have a minor character die.
    Oh well, until next season!
    The love he receives is the love that is saved
  • Options
    gregkitefangregkitefan Posts: 1,115
    I'm sorry but the episode was awful. I found myself laughing at how bad it was. It was pretty much the Mystery Machine driving around in circles for a hour. Then finally something's going to happen and kill somebody off and nope wait till next season. Loved how the bad guys were able to block a road with perfectly cut trees in the middle of nowhere. They must have some really strong bad guys. Just awful.
  • Options

I'm sorry but the episode was awful. I found myself laughing at how bad it was. It was pretty much the Mystery Machine driving around in circles for a hour. Then finally something's going to happen and kill somebody off and nope wait till next season. Loved how the bad guys were able to block a road with perfectly cut trees in the middle of nowhere. They must have some really strong bad guys. Just awful.

Hahahaha!
  • Options
    edited April 2016
    If they do take Darryl, I hope his chupacabra from season 2 comes out of the woods and has some sweet revenge on some saviors...lol...just kidding of course...but how awesome would that be? Sorry to interrupt the bitchfest......please continue.
    Post edited by pickupyourwill on
  • Options
    NamiNami Newfoundland Posts: 5,989
    wall232 said:

watched the ending again and have to agree with angle comment.... i think its glenn as well and you can hear a woman screaming (phased out if you listen- Maggie)

Laughed at the dumb look on ricks face during the whole scene. overall decent show imo
    Hamilton 9-13-05; Toronto 5-9-06, Toronto 8-21-09, Toronto 9-12-11, Hamilton 9-15-11....
  • Options
    Dr. DelightDr. Delight Posts: 11,210
    And so you see, I have come to doubt
    All that I once held as true
    I stand alone without beliefs
    The only truth I know is you.
  • Options
    bobby dazzlersbobby dazzlers Posts: 2,001

Very nice indeed!
    It's a hopeless... situation
    And I'm starting to believe
  • Options
    dudemandudeman Posts: 2,982
    I don't know if it was discussed earlier but I have noticed that when they kill off a member of the core group, there is no music during the end credits.

My gut tells me that Glenn was the one who got up close and personal with Lucille but I don't want it to be true. Maggie has lost enough already.

FWIW, I think the last half of this season was the best ever for TWD.
    If hope can grow from dirt like me, it can be done. - EV
  • Options
    HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 35,835
    dudeman said:

I don't know if it was discussed earlier but I have noticed that when they kill off a member of the core group, there is no music during the end credits.

My gut tells me that Glenn was the one who got up close and personal with Lucille but I don't want it to be true. Maggie has lost enough already.

I would agree with all of that. I hope it's Glenn that dies. His character has annoyed me since he hooked up with Maggie. before that he was awesome.
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options

dudeman said:

I would agree with all of that. I hope it's Glenn that dies. His character has annoyed me since he hooked up with Maggie. before that he was awesome.
    If it's Glenn...
    My question is...

Who's gonna pounce on Maggie now that Glenn is gone? I bet if you're in a Zombie Apocolypse, you think of that stuff quite often.
  • Options
    NamiNami Newfoundland Posts: 5,989
    ^^^^ Abraham of course hahaha time to make pancakes Maggie,,,

The guy is a PIMP... sorry i went there hahaha
    Hamilton 9-13-05; Toronto 5-9-06, Toronto 8-21-09, Toronto 9-12-11, Hamilton 9-15-11....