Options

THE WALKING DEAD...and all things zombie

Comments

• Options
    mca47mca47 Posts: 13,257
    rival. said:

mca47 said:

I think they made it pretty clear that Glen's guts weren't being eaten, otherwise they would have shown that. Pretty certain it was the other dude. That said, I still don't know how he'd be able to get out of that situation. You have a 170 lb dude on you, surrounded by dozens of zombies. Even if you push the guy off, you'd think at least one of those zombies would try to take a bit of him.

i assume he will walk out of there undetected, covered in blood & guts like him and rick did in season one. but what's interesting is... in season one, they covered themselves in walker blood... here, he is covered in blood by someone that didn't turn yet. so, the question is... does it matter? everyone is infected and the infection is in the blood. would someone be able to cover themselves in any old blood (walker or not) and go undetected by walkers, since everyone technically has the infection?

maybe i am looking into it too much and he pulls of some acrobatic stunt off the dumpster and goes up that staircase/fire escape thing they passed just before being trapped up against the fence.

Yeah, I thought that too. I'd assume if he covered himself in fresh blood, that would make him more attractive to the walkers. I mean, they like to chow down and are attracted to fresh blood and guts but aren't attracted to walker guts...as seen when they covered themselves in walker guts.
    I guess we'll see....
  • Options
    mca47mca47 Posts: 13,257
    rival. said:

and the references to rick's injured hand? foreshadowing for a possible amputation? loses his hand in a much different fashion in the comics, wonder if they are setting it up for him to lose it to keep a little consistency with the character between the show and comics?

So, I saw him injure his hand but wasn't paying close attention. Did he get bit or did he accidentally stab himself?
    Rick loses a hand in the comics?!
  • Options
    rival.rival. Chicago Posts: 7,776
    edited October 2015
    mca47 said:

rival. said:

and the references to rick's injured hand? foreshadowing for a possible amputation? loses his hand in a much different fashion in the comics, wonder if they are setting it up for him to lose it to keep a little consistency with the character between the show and comics?

So, I saw him injure his hand but wasn't paying close attention. Did he get bit or did he accidentally stab himself?
    Rick loses a hand in the comics?!
    i think it's the same hand that he initially injured in his fight with tyreese at the prison and then again in the fight with the governor on the prison's front lawn. and AGAIN injured it last episode where i think he cut it open while knifing a few walkers.

and sorry about the comic spoiler --- i thought it was already mentioned in this thread, but more of a comic book spoiler below....

the governor cuts his hand off after torturing him a bit. i don't know why they omitted it from the show but i have to assume it was too gruesome for TV and couldn't find a way to incorporate that into the show without completely butchering the scene (the whole torture scene was rough!). there were talks about rick losing it in a different fashion in the show to keep his character development relatively close to the comics (contributed to his mental breakdown). maybe this is the beginning of that?
    Post edited by rival. on
  • Options
    Indifference71Indifference71 Chicago Posts: 14,747
    rival. said:

SPOILER ALERT! I really need to just stop reading about this show on the internet.
  • Options
    rival.rival. Chicago Posts: 7,776

rival. said:

SPOILER ALERT! I really need to just stop reading about this show on the internet.
    sorry about that man. edited the post warning of a possible spoiler. i thought it was discussed here previously during the season that took place at the prison.
  • Options
    Sprunkn7Sprunkn7 Posts: 5,277
    After a full day of contemplation I think Glenn is so bad ass he'll get out of it...It will be interesting to see.

Game of Thrones has us hanging about Jon Snow and now this. At least I won't have to wait until January to find out....
    Thank you fellow 10 clubber for saving my ass....again!!!
  • Options
    dimitrispearljamdimitrispearljam NINUNINOPRO Posts: 139,158
    Fuck!
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • Options
    rival. said:

rival. said:

sorry about that man. edited the post warning of a possible spoiler. i thought it was discussed here previously during the season that took place at the prison.
    No worries..I was just messing around. Spoilers from the comic book are pretty hard to avoid.
  • Options
    Drowned OutDrowned Out Posts: 6,056
    edited October 2015
    mca47 said:

I think they made it pretty clear that Glen's guts weren't being eaten, otherwise they would have shown that. Pretty certain it was the other dude. That said, I still don't know how he'd be able to get out of that situation. You have a 170 lb dude on you, surrounded by dozens of zombies. Even if you push the guy off, you'd think at least one of those zombies would try to take a bit of him.

Exactly. Even if something draws the herd away, lying underneath a person would not give you enough shelter from that many feeding zombies for as long as that scene went on. Yes, maybe his torso would be covered by the other guys, but all four limbs and his head covered enough that he couldn't be bitten by that mob? I don't think so. I can suspend belief a bit for this show, but they better come up with a better explanation than that. The falling van scene was bad....but if 'he had a guy lying on top of him' is the excuse for a main-character-death-fake, I'd be more than a little disappointed.
  • Options
    I hope Rick doesn't lose his hand. The show loosely follows the comic, which I like.

Glen isn't dead either. No way.
  • Options
    DewieCoxDewieCox Posts: 11,412
    Glen's not dead....haven't they shown him in some sort of torture-y situation in the previews? Either way, he's too big of a character to go out like that. Was a helluva shock though. Third episode, after last week's....just a stunner. After reading some speculation and stuff I'm thinking he crawled under the dumpster and it'll buy enough time for him to be "rescued" by the wolves.

I forgot about Rick's hand from the comics, but they have teased him losing it several times in the show. I think it's a little thing to keep the comic fans on their toes.
  • Options
    So sad about Glen. :( But maybe he's not really dead. He always reminded me of my 2 month boyfriend from highschool--John Cheng. This season is really action-packed and very gory---lots of good writing.
  • Options
    HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 35,835
    they probably won't show glen again until at least the mid-season finale, but my guess is the mid season premiere. I hope they shock the fuck out of everyone by showing his back as he's wandering through a field, Maggie runs up to him yelling "Glen!" happily and he turns around all zombie-fied with his intestines hanging out.

that would be awesome.

I like Glen's character, but at the same time, it's not very believable that every main character is still alive after all this time. Beth was the last one to die, right? that was a LONG time ago.
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    Glen and Nick were both wearing the same color shirts...I think Glen gets to the stairs I saw near the building...I can't believe they didn't go up those...but it has a tarp or something laying across it.

I don't want to see Glen a zombie...after living through being walker bait he deserves to live!
  • Options
    pjradiopjradio Posts: 6,704
    Glen becomes a Zombie...runs into Maggie somehow, she has to kill him. Makes for great TV
    aqo2t.jpg
  • Options
    Sprunkn7 said:

Glen and Nick were both wearing the same color shirts...I think Glen gets to the stairs I saw near the building...I can't believe they didn't go up those...but it has a tarp or something laying across it.

I don't want to see Glen a zombie...after living through being walker bait he deserves to live!

uugh, watched it again and those stairs are far away. 90 minute show on Sunday, can't wait!
  • Options
    NamiNami Newfoundland Posts: 5,989
    man why didnt they pull some ninja shit and run like crazy on top of the zombie heads to the stairs,,,,hahaha,
    Hamilton 9-13-05; Toronto 5-9-06, Toronto 8-21-09, Toronto 9-12-11, Hamilton 9-15-11....
  • Options
    edited November 2015
    I hope they don't jump the shark with Glenn now. If he survives I hope we don't get a cheesy escape. Maybe they were giving us a week to digest his death?
    ugghh..2 more ours to wait!
  • Options
    eeriepadaveeeriepadave West Chester, PA Posts: 40,936
    Sprunkn7 said:

I hope they don't jump the shark with Glenn now. If he survives I hope we don't get a cheesy escape. Maybe they were giving us a week to digest his death?
    ugghh..2 more ours to wait!

i don't think we will find out about glenn til later mid season finale or season finale?
    bf959b1f-9b77-457c-baf8-038776f33339_zps8a6a389d.jpg?t=1365722973
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
    Tres Mts.- 3/23/11- Philly
    Eddie Vedder- 6/25/11- Philly
  • Options
    Well?
    It's a hopeless... situation
    And I'm starting to believe
  • Options
    eeriepadaveeeriepadave West Chester, PA Posts: 40,936

Well?

thoughts on this weeks episode?

I liked it a lot. Pretty cool to see how Morgan came about to see where he is now.
    bf959b1f-9b77-457c-baf8-038776f33339_zps8a6a389d.jpg?t=1365722973
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
    Tres Mts.- 3/23/11- Philly
    Eddie Vedder- 6/25/11- Philly
  • Options
    I likes Morgans story, but I would have liked to see Glenns fate...lol.
    Why oh why would he keep that dude after he saw his injury? Does he plan on getting him help? If he isn't going to kill him then he should've let him go. He locked him in so he isn't really being the same as his savior...it's b/c he knows he has to kill him!
  • Options
    RiverrunnerRiverrunner Posts: 2,419
    I liked this episode too. Many thought it was boring, but I thought it went pretty fast. I really liked Eastman, and Tabitha too, which meant that they were goners. Animals, for sure, never survive an episode of The Walking Dead. Morgan is conflicted now. He doesn't want to kill, but he doesn't want the Wolves to hurt others. However, I think he screwed up by keeping that guy, and also by letting that one get away with the gun (last week's epi). I also wonder if Morgan will relapse into PTSD mode.
    The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way it treats its animals. Ghandi
  • Options
    Acck! I want Morgan to lose his shit again,,,if not just to "clear" out the wolves.

LOL, I like how every time they say clear, or I see the word clear I think of Scientology
  • Options
    NamiNami Newfoundland Posts: 5,989
    great episode- great insight to Morgans life since Rick leaving. two dumb things imo, the zombie bite on eastman and the keeping of the guy in the end. I realize that it goes against the training he received but you know in the end thats gonna come back and bite the crew in the ass. lol

during the talking dead, they gave a sneak peak into next weeks show. it shows maggie getting ready to out and look for glen. so... was it rick that screamed out open the gate? wondering if hes carrying glen back? or was it the three group of Michonne?
    Hamilton 9-13-05; Toronto 5-9-06, Toronto 8-21-09, Toronto 9-12-11, Hamilton 9-15-11....
  • Options
    It was a pretty good episode. I know they have done these stand alone episodes like this a few times over the course of the series and they are usually pretty good. But the whole thing with each episode being from a different group's perspective is getting kinda annoying. Would rather just have everyone back in Alexndria to deal with the aftermath of the attack.
  • Options
    HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 35,835
    Nami said:

great episode- great insight to Morgans life since Rick leaving. two dumb things imo, the zombie bite on eastman and the keeping of the guy in the end. I realize that it goes against the training he received but you know in the end thats gonna come back and bite the crew in the ass. lol

during the talking dead, they gave a sneak peak into next weeks show. it shows maggie getting ready to out and look for glen. so... was it rick that screamed out open the gate? wondering if hes carrying glen back? or was it the three group of Michonne?

During the episode there as a walker with hands bound....I assumed that was the wolf.

The end of this episode brings us back to the present that we have already seen at the end of last week.

Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    Im guessing it was the wolf that I thought Morgan had killed in the living room, but It looks like he just tied him up and put him downstairs. Once that dude threatened the whole town and the kids it was Morgans responsibility to wipe him out. Yes, all life is precious, except pieces of shit in the apocalypse!
    Go Rick!!!
  • Options
    bobby dazzlersbobby dazzlers Posts: 2,001
    edited November 2015
    Anyone notice the Steven Yeun's name wasn't in the opening credits this past week? It just showed Hershels watch...
    Post edited by bobby dazzlers on
    It's a hopeless... situation
    And I'm starting to believe
  • Options
    RiverrunnerRiverrunner Posts: 2,419

Anyone notice the Steven Yeun's name wasn't in the opening credits this past week? It just showed Hershels watch...

Yes. It doesn't sound good for Glen - except as a Walker to be put down by Maggie or as a flashback in somebody's memory. :(
    The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way it treats its animals. Ghandi