Holiday Cards n Stuff

Comments

• DegiDegi Posts: 1,007
    4and20 wrote:
    I really think all the rejected postal workers go on to become TSA workers..... :lol::lol::lol:
    LOL you know that i live in germany, right? how am i supposed to know what TSA means? but after asking a very good search engine about it, i can only agree with you!!
  • chadwickchadwick Posts: 21,157
    today i went and got cards
    i filled em out
    a lot of work believe me

who gets what card? :crazy:

fuck
    um
    ok

now it's the "who gets what stamp game" with your host, "chadwick" :shock:
    who's name looks like this stamp? :wtf:
    so many choices so many people
    so much time
    a few bowls
    a few pills
    cold drinking water

i made it halfway through the process
    everybody has a card
    it's ironed out this far and envelopes are addressed

unbelievable
    for poetry through the ceiling. ISBN: 1 4241 8840 7

"Hear me, my chiefs!
    I am tired; my heart is
    sick and sad. From where
    the sun stands I will fight
    no more forever."

Chief Joseph - Nez Perce
    i noticed, that all cards i got from the states have the same stamps :P
    StillHere
    pm me as quickly as possible
    you are in deep trouble little missy

thank you...

"Hear me, my chiefs!
    I am tired; my heart is
    sick and sad. From where
    no more forever."

Chief Joseph - Nez Perce
    chadwick wrote:
    StillHere

thank you...
    did she forget to give you my name?
    SHAME ON YOU JO :P :P :P :P
    Degi wrote:
    chadwick wrote:
    StillHere

thank you...
    did she forget to give you my name?
    SHAME ON YOU JO :P :P :P :P
    yes

"Hear me, my chiefs!
    I am tired; my heart is
    sick and sad. From where
    no more forever."

Chief Joseph - Nez Perce
  • 8181 Posts: 58,276
    i'd like to apologize in advance for my unreadable scribbles, lack of return address and stamp that may or may not be in teh proper position
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • cat72cat72 Posts: 2,993
    Yay! Another one! I love this. Love the Dogs! Maybe my puppy will make it on my cards next year! If he makes it that long... :shock:

J/k I love him, but he tries my patience.
    chadwick wrote:

yes

maybe she was just trying to protect me :P
  • RKCNDYRKCNDY Posts: 31,013
    Degi wrote:

Yes Degi...the US has many many many beautiful stamps for the US (visit USPS.com and click on 'stamps') and only one UGLY stamp for 'International' mail...went like this:

me: do you have 'international' stamps'
    him: 'huh?'
    me: 'international stamps, air mail, I'm sending cards to the UK
    him: 'international?'
    me: :x 'yes, the UK, Greece, Australia, Canada....?'
    him: 'oh! :idea: ...uh yeah...' *shows me the ugly Grand Tetons stamp*
    me: 'you don't have holiday themed ones?'
    him: 'why would we make holiday themed ones?'
    me: (thinking 'uh cuz the Americans are not the only ones that celebrate the holidays!') ok, guess I'll just take those ugly ones
    him: okey-dokey...have a nice day!
    me: *thinking merry f&*%$!@# holidays to you too*
    The joy of life comes from our encounters with new experiences, and hence there is no greater joy than to have an endlessly changing horizon, for each day to have a new and different sun.

- Christopher McCandless
    4and20 wrote:
    Degi wrote:

Yes Degi...the US has many many many beautiful stamps for the US (visit USPS.com and click on 'stamps') and only one UGLY stamp for 'International' mail...went like this:

me: (thinking 'uh cuz the Americans are not the only ones that celebrate the holidays!') ok, guess I'll just take those ugly ones

SEE???? thats what i'm talking about... post offices... screw them!!!!!! i will fucking mix my cards twice before giving them to her, maybe i will find peope from countries she doesnt even know to send bloody cards to just to embarrass her because she has to look them up on a map first...

i just looked at todays envelope again and the really smart person that i recieved a card from today simply "mixed" differents stamps to make it the 98cents she needed, i LOVE that!!!
    Degi wrote:
    4and20 wrote:
    Degi wrote:

SEE???? thats what i'm talking about... post offices... screw them!!!!!! i will fucking mix my cards twice before giving them to her, maybe i will find peope from countries she doesnt even know to send bloody cards to just to embarrass her because she has to look them up on a map first...

i just looked at todays envelope again and the really smart person that i recieved a card from today simply "mixed" differents stamps to make it the 98cents she needed, i LOVE that!!!

I was gonna do that, but my cards are on the small side, so I'm stuck with using a single stamp. One card I got from the UK has Gommit on it...it's SO cute! I love Wallace and Grommit.... :D
    The joy of life comes from our encounters with new experiences, and hence there is no greater joy than to have an endlessly changing horizon, for each day to have a new and different sun.

- Christopher McCandless
    4and20 wrote:

I was gonna do that, but my cards are on the small side, so I'm stuck with using a single stamp. One card I got from the UK has Gommit on it...it's SO cute! I love Wallace and Grommit.... :D
    i have NEVER seen wallace and grommit...
    oops I spelled it wrong groMit

here:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5jvOTsi3i64

- Christopher McCandless
  • StillHereStillHere Posts: 7,795
    Cards are coming in like crazy!

Thanks PearlJGirl2010 and WMA11, so cute

Thanks VedderGirl77...awesome

I have a few from the Facebook PJ crowd that are lovely as well; ....much love from all over our Earth.

Rebecca, Janet & Mike, Nabil, Stephanie, and Fyfe....I adore them all!

Its' just beautiful and heart warming to see how much love we share

AND from one special dude, a self-titled Pearl Jam album cassette, yes I said cassette, '93, in MINT condition, even the tiny little folded up liner notes in the cassette box look as if they've never been touched. Of course, I don't have a cassette player any more, but this will go in a special place with my Pearl Jam keepsakes forever. All the way from Casablanca, Morocco. Isn't that special? Thanks Nabil! Truly awesome!

I have finished five, they take MUCH longer than I thought they would,

so the other five plus some more I'm sending out will be "sorta" hand made but NOT the paper.

I'll use my watercolor pad or sketch pad and some embellishments but no more paper making with me

(I do have to admit that the paper-making project would have been Soooooooo much easier without the local "gang" of toddlers muddling about in it lol! But it was fun for them too)

So, whoever gets the homemade paper ones, even though I'm not as happy with them as I'd like,

please know that I poured a lot of love into those silly things.

I hope you'll like them :D
    peace,
    jo

http://www.Etsy.com/Shop/SimpleEarthCreations
    "How I choose to feel is how I am." ~ EV/MMc
    "Some people hear their own inner voices with great clearness and they live by what they hear. Such people become crazy, or they become legends." ~ One Stab ~
    I'm sure you did fine Jo, I have finally finished all of my cards, just need to write some 'good tidings and holiday cheer' in them and send off the ones I have stamps for!

Just a little hint...they are all slightly different :D

I didn't want to 'discourage' you from paper making... ;) but I know how : :x " they can be! after lots of practice, it gets a lot easier!

- Christopher McCandless
  • thefixer9thefixer9 Posts: 9,376
    I wish I get some in the mail soon! :D
    Tres Mts- 3/16/2011
    Eddie Vedder- 7/16/11
    Brad- 4/21/12 (RSD Performance), 4/27/12, 8/10/12
    Flight To Mars- 5/23/12
    RNDM- 11/27/12

PEARL JAM- 12/6/13 I have finally seen Pearl Jam live!
    4and20 wrote:
    oops I spelled it wrong groMit

here:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5jvOTsi3i64

HAHAHAHAA we are working on some different types of movies for a school project, nice!

JO: i am sure they will be appreciated!!!!!
    chadwick wrote:
    today i went and got cards
    i filled em out
    a lot of work believe me

who gets what card? :crazy:

fuck
    um
    ok

now it's the "who gets what stamp game" with your host, "chadwick" :shock:
    who's name looks like this stamp? :wtf:
    so many choices so many people
    so much time
    a few bowls
    a few pills
    cold drinking water

i made it halfway through the process
    everybody has a card
    it's ironed out this far and envelopes are addressed

unbelievable

wow! I sure hope you're OK after all this.
    I'll share a few bowls with you when we meet up someday..
    That'll help.

Glad you got it all straightened out ...whewwwww :D
    peace,
    jo

"Some people hear their own inner voices with great clearness and they live by what they hear. Such people become crazy, or they become legends." ~ One Stab ~
    4and20 wrote:
    I'm sure you did fine Jo, I have finally finished all of my cards, just need to write some 'good tidings and holiday cheer' in them and send off the ones I have stamps for!

Just a little hint...they are all slightly different :D

I didn't want to 'discourage' you from paper making... ;) but I know how : :x " they can be! after lots of practice, it gets a lot easier!

Thanks for the "heads up" LOL!!!

I remember making paper years ago, and it didn't seem to be this much "fun" but the band of toddlers surely added to the amount of time it takes these days. Ahhhh...nothing better than being Grandma! And oh so young I am to be Grandma too..can you imagine heheheheeeee :lol: (you know i had my first child when i was the tender age of 4 years old right? that would explain how i got to be grandma at 29....anyway, so if you fell for that one (ehemmm..chadwick?) i've got this lot in florida, i need to sell..just ask erik estrada, not too many alligators, and its only swampy in the springtime..0
    peace,
    jo

• unlost dogsunlost dogs Posts: 12,553
    cat72 wrote:
    Yay! Another one! I love this. Love the Dogs! Maybe my puppy will make it on my cards next year! If he makes it that long... :shock:

J/k I love him, but he tries my patience.
    :lol::lol::lol:
    15 years of sharks 06/30/08 (MA), 05/17/10 (Boston), 09/03/11 (Alpine Valley), 09/04/11 (Alpine Valley), 09/30/12 (Missoula), 07/19/13 (Wrigley), 10/15/13 (Worcester), 10/16/13 (Worcester), 10/25/13 (Hartford), 12/4/13 (Vancouver), 12/6/13 (Seattle), 6/26/14 (Berlin), 6/28/14 (Stockholm), 10/16/14 (Detroit)
    edited December 2010
    Thank you so much for the thoughtfulness and beautiful cards and notes. I couldn't be happier!
    81 - eric
    melissa w
    rebecca s
    nabil
    fyfe
    pearljgirl2010 and wma11
    (janet and mike)
    veddergirl77 - stephanie
    :D :wave: :thumbup:

EDIT

and Kate L too! how could i have left that out? Pretty red shinies all over..beautiful too.
    Post edited by StillHere on
    peace,
    jo

Yay StillHere!

I am still :twisted: at the Post Office.

I ordered stamps on Monday the 29th. I get a message, "Thank-you for your order, It will be processed and shipped within one business day'
    I figure: :D
    I wait...and wait... :roll: Tuesday goes by...Wednesday...On Thursday at 6pm I get an email: 'Thank-you! Your order has shipped via USPS Priority Mail. Your order will arrive in 3-5 business days' :twisted: Since when is Tuesday to Thursday night 'One Business Day'?!? If that is their math, I won't get my stamps until after Christmas! I should have dealt with all the grumpity grumps at the post office and gone there in person....ah well...the wait will be worth it!

- Christopher McCandless
    4and20 wrote:
    Yay StillHere!

I ordered stamps on Monday the 29th. I get a message, "Thank-you for your order, It will be processed and shipped within one business day'
    I wait...and wait... :roll: Tuesday goes by...Wednesday...On Thursday at 6pm I get an email: 'Thank-you! Your order has shipped via USPS Priority Mail. Your order will arrive in 3-5 business days' :twisted: Since when is Tuesday to Thursday night 'One Business Day'?!? If that is their math, I won't get my stamps until after Christmas! I should have dealt with all the grumpity grumps at the post office and gone there in person....ah well...the wait will be worth it!

i feel your pain ;)

By the way...see my profile pic? >>>>
    In my dreams last night...woooowwwwwwwww.... :mrgreen:
    peace,
    jo

4and20 wrote:
    Yay StillHere!

................................................................................ :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:

taxi drivers and postoffice-people...
  • I got my first card in the mail! So very exciting...thanks to the smoking baby.
  • thefixer9thefixer9 Posts: 9,376
    I'm at my grandparents for the weekend and I just got a call from my parents saying that I got two cards addressed to me! I can't wait to go home and see who they are from. I feel like an idiot though, apperantly I gave Stillhere my address and I messed up and added a extra number. :oops:
    Tres Mts- 3/16/2011
    Eddie Vedder- 7/16/11
    Brad- 4/21/12 (RSD Performance), 4/27/12, 8/10/12
    Flight To Mars- 5/23/12
    RNDM- 11/27/12

PEARL JAM- 12/6/13 I have finally seen Pearl Jam live!
  • Thanks, Enkidu!!! I looooved the card--I literally LOLed when I opened it :-)
    Need a tour Travel Agent??? Pick me :-)

Whatever you are, be a good one --Lincoln
  • 8181 Posts: 58,276
    thefixer9 wrote:
    I feel like an idiot though, apperantly I gave Stillhere my address and I messed up and added a extra number. :oops:

:lol:
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • cat72cat72 Posts: 2,993
    And yet another one!

Thanks Tink! Makes my day coming home to fun mail (no bills). lol