Off_Air.jpg
  • StillHereStillHere Posts: 7,795
    paper is drying.

hope it doesn't either crumble or tear while i'm making the cards :D
    peace,
    jo

http://www.Etsy.com/Shop/SimpleEarthCreations
    "How I choose to feel is how I am." ~ EV/MMc
    "Some people hear their own inner voices with great clearness and they live by what they hear. Such people become crazy, or they become legends." ~ One Stab ~
  • RKCNDYRKCNDY Posts: 31,013
    I'm late...still waiting on stuff to come in...but I can blame it on the SO...Mr. 'Last Minute Planner with No Regard to Anybody else's Plans' decided to drag me to Oregon for the holiday. So, the post office is holding rest of my card making supplies hostage at their facility...and I got sick...so if you get sick after opening my card...think of it as "a gift from me to you...." :lol: *wondering if anybody would notice if I made Rochart Snot Blot cards instead....* :shifty:
    The joy of life comes from our encounters with new experiences, and hence there is no greater joy than to have an endlessly changing horizon, for each day to have a new and different sun.

- Christopher McCandless
  • tinkerbelltinkerbell Posts: 2,161
    Bizarro wrote:
    bought my cards today..hope you all like them.. :P

Hi Bizarro, you new around here???? ;)
    all you need is love, love is all you need
  • 8181 Posts: 58,276
    tinkerbell wrote:
    Bizarro wrote:
    bought my cards today..hope you all like them.. :P

Hi Bizarro, you new around here???? ;)

first day on the job. :D
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • DegiDegi Posts: 1,007
    oh come on, seriously, people shouldnt be allowed to change usernames and pictures...

my 5: cards will definitely be sent, but i cant go to the post office this week, they should still be in time for christmas though!!
    Degi wrote:
    oh come on, seriously, people shouldnt be allowed to change usernames and pictures...

my 5: cards will definitely be sent, but i cant go to the post office this week, they should still be in time for christmas though!!

laura i change my photo all the time lol!
    then i change it back for a while
    then again

but i've only had to change my user name once on here
    and that's cuz peple were giving me a hard time
    not because I wanted to
    but i like StillHere better anyway :D
    (cuz of I'm Still Here...which makes me cry ..but i love it anyway)
    peace,
    jo

"Some people hear their own inner voices with great clearness and they live by what they hear. Such people become crazy, or they become legends." ~ One Stab ~
    StillHere wrote:
    Degi wrote:

laura i change my photo all the time lol!
    then i change it back for a while
    then again

but i've only had to change my user name once on here
    and that's cuz peple were giving me a hard time
    not because I wanted to
    but i like StillHere better anyway :D
    (cuz of I'm Still Here...which makes me cry ..but i love it anyway)

oh come on jo, you know that you dont count... i think ther are exactly 5 usernames that i can connect to people and you are one of them (yeah, you should feel honored :P )
    Degi wrote:

go to the post office?!? that reminds me...I need more 'Airmail' stamps! hopefully this time around, the guy will know what I'm talking about....what's the weight limit...an ounce? Still Here...make sure you weigh your cards before you mail them! or they will come back with a bunch of ugly red 'INSUFFICENT POSTAGE' stamps all over them.... :lol:
    The joy of life comes from our encounters with new experiences, and hence there is no greater joy than to have an endlessly changing horizon, for each day to have a new and different sun.

- Christopher McCandless
    4and20 wrote:
    Degi wrote:

go to the post office?!? that reminds me...I need more 'Airmail' stamps! hopefully this time around, the guy will know what I'm talking about....what's the weight limit...an ounce? Still Here...make sure you weigh your cards before you mail them! or they will come back with a bunch of ugly red 'INSUFFICENT POSTAGE' stamps all over them.... :lol:

yeah broken foot, and an aweful lot of snow +living on a hill and the next post office being 2km away just doesnt mix...
    and i wanna bring my cards there instead of just buying stamps, cause i will add something to some of them and i got like 40 ones to send, some to countries like indonesia, so i wanna make sure there are enough stamps on them!!
  • cat72cat72 Posts: 2,993
    Got my first card today!!! :)
    cat72 wrote:

damn non slackers :lol:
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • cat72cat72 Posts: 2,993
    Bizarro wrote:
    cat72 wrote:

I haven't sent mine out yet, but they are ready to go. :P
    cat72 wrote:
    Bizarro wrote:
    cat72 wrote:

just need to address mine and mail them. I'll do it tonight. I hate getting cards from people before i send mine. don't want it to look like i only sent you a card because you sent me one.
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
    4and20 wrote:
    Degi wrote:

uhoh! ok i'll be sure to have them weighed!

thanks for the heads up

i had to take those old gold filled teeth :mrgreen: out of my card bound for Australia...they made me remove the fruitcake too, but that's still ok heheheeeee stranger things have happened i suppose :D
    peace,
    jo

Got 3 awesome cards so far..

since i'm in both groups...10C and FB PJ Groups,

i'm not sure from whence they came

but it doesn't matter

its so cool!

Thanks Steph, Janet and Fyfe!!!
    peace,
    jo

Bizarro wrote:
    cat72 wrote:
    Bizarro wrote:

if you HAD to change your name, you couldn't have chose a better one :D:mrgreen:
    peace,
    jo

StillHere wrote:

but it doesn't matter

its so cool!

oh dear...I'm gonna sign mine '4and20'...I like being incognito.... :? post lady should be here soon...I'm gonna feel bad if there's a card in my stack of 'vacation hold' mail....ok, tomorrow...post office...post lady should carry stamps with her to sell to me...out of all the beautiful stamps they make and sell...they only have one design for the 'Airmail' stamp.... :twisted:

- Christopher McCandless
    4and20 wrote:
    StillHere wrote:

but it doesn't matter

its so cool!

oh dear...I'm gonna sign mine '4and20'...I like being incognito.... :? post lady should be here soon...I'm gonna feel bad if there's a card in my stack of 'vacation hold' mail....ok, tomorrow...post office...post lady should carry stamps with her to sell to me...out of all the beautiful stamps they make and sell...they only have one design for the 'Airmail' stamp.... :twisted:

hahahahah it won't matter, if i get one from you i'll know it

anyway, what i should have said is that some of the 10C card exchange people are also in the facebook card exchange, so although i know WHO the cards came from, i don't know which lottery group they came from

but like i said, who cares...its just so awesome no matter what! :D
    peace,
    jo

well jo, its not like you sent the same name in both exchanges to *some* people :P

you have the list with the 5 names each, you could just check hun... ^^
    Degi wrote:
    well jo, its not like you sent the same name in both exchanges to *some* people :P

you have the list with the 5 names each, you could just check hun... ^^

sssssssshhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!!! heheheeeheheeee

i didn't do ANY such thing LOL!!!

in my defense it was a long long night :lol:
    peace,
    jo

well, I did pick up a few extra names to send cards to...so some people might get and extra card and not know if I was really on their original list or not....mmmmwwwwaaaa-hahahahaha

- Christopher McCandless
    StillHere wrote:

sssssssshhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!!! heheheeeheheeee

i didn't do ANY such thing LOL!!!

in my defense it was a long long night :lol:

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol: you did an awesome job, seriously!!!!
    4and20 wrote:
    well, I did pick up a few extra names to send cards to...so some people might get and extra card and not know if I was really on their original list or not....mmmmwwwwaaaa-hahahahaha
    jup, me too! are you on facebook too?
    I have facebook, but did not sign up to do that list...I'm a little weird about giving out my addy to people I don't really know (people here pay membership, and addy trades were done via PM, I've seen most of the people who signed up posting to here, so I know for sure the people came from here, FB anybody can join)...If I joined now and got to know people I would do it next year...maybe.....

- Christopher McCandless
    4and20 wrote:
    I have facebook, but did not sign up to do that list...I'm a little weird about giving out my addy to people I don't really know (people here pay membership, and addy trades were done via PM, I've seen most of the people who signed up posting to here, so I know for sure the people came from here, FB anybody can join)...If I joined now and got to know people I would do it next year...maybe.....

yeah get your point, but you could have kept your address private in the facebook thing too!

heheheee if you ever saw any of my posts you just read spam written in terrible english ;)
    Degi wrote:
    4and20 wrote:

yeah get your point, but you could have kept your address private in the facebook thing too!

heheheee if you ever saw any of my posts you just read spam written in terrible english ;)

you're always saying that your english is horrible, laura, but it isn't
    not at all
    its very good
    probably a lot better than a lot of people who have english
    as their first language
    seriously!
    peace,
    jo

StillHere wrote:
    Degi wrote:
    4and20 wrote:

not at all
    its very good
    as their first language
    seriously!

yes Degi, I think your English is just fine...and you can learn more 'slang' from here than any English class anyway!

on another note...I ordered stamps from the post office...it only costs $1 for a 'handling fee' and they will be here tomorrow...better than fighting all the crazy people in the post office! My cover stock did not come though...probably the UPS man will have it... :|

- Christopher McCandless
    StillHere wrote:

not at all
    its very good
    as their first language
    seriously!

hahaha now its my turn to feel honored ;)
    i should prolly send you a scan of the pages from my english book... it is hillarious! and the terrible thing isnt, that its forth grade english, but that my *lovely* classmates dont understand it... argh...

i suppose i am able to communicate to a certain level and even understand bloody autralians with their terrible accent most of the time, so i think i am past the "hello my name is Laura"-level ;)
    (you think that A is save eh? but i think i will totally mess up hahahaa it is NO creative writing at all... would have loved that)
    4and20 wrote:

yes Degi, I think your English is just fine...and you can learn more 'slang' from here than any English class anyway!

on another note...I ordered stamps from the post office...it only costs $1 for a 'handling fee' and they will be here tomorrow...better than fighting all the crazy people in the post office! My cover stock did not come though...probably the UPS man will have it... :|

hey btw, we arent facebook friends right? like i mentioned before, i just cant connect FB names and usernames, so forgive me!!
    hahaha sooo true, this forum and facebook helped me a lot! it is a great way of communicating, especially cause there is no one around here to talk english to... i notice with my france, i had to take 4 years of french lessons in school (which was like 3 years ago) and i dont think i am able to say 2 sentences anymore... havent used it since then...
    (and: trying to understand ed's mumbling is a very great exercise too ;) )

so you ordered stamps, put them on the envelopes at home and them bring them to the postbox/post office? good idea, i think i could prolly order them online or have somebody drive me there, but then: whats the point? i still wouldnt know how many i need for the heavier envelopes...
    what is a cover stock?
    Degi wrote:
    4and20 wrote:

hey btw, we arent facebook friends right? like i mentioned before, i just cant connect FB names and usernames, so forgive me!!
    hahaha sooo true, this forum and facebook helped me a lot! it is a great way of communicating, especially cause there is no one around here to talk english to... i notice with my france, i had to take 4 years of french lessons in school (which was like 3 years ago) and i dont think i am able to say 2 sentences anymore... havent used it since then...
    (and: trying to understand ed's mumbling is a very great exercise too ;) )

so you ordered stamps, put them on the envelopes at home and them bring them to the postbox/post office? good idea, i think i could prolly order them online or have somebody drive me there, but then: whats the point? i still wouldnt know how many i need for the heavier envelopes...
    what is a cover stock?

You can PM me and I will give you my FB name/link.
    I ordered the stamps online and I will have to make sure they are under 1oz. I can stick them in my postbox here at home and the postlady will pick them up and take them to the post office for me...we Americans are spoiled!
    Coverstock is a thicker heavier paper..sometimes called cardstock. Comes in different textures and colors. PM me your address, I will send you a card and you can see. :D
    I need to go to the craft store now, will be back in an hour or so.

- Christopher McCandless