Holiday Cards n Stuff

Comments

• DegiDegi Posts: 1,007
    4and20 wrote:

You can PM me and I will give you my FB name/link.
    I ordered the stamps online and I will have to make sure they are under 1oz. I can stick them in my postbox here at home and the postlady will pick them up and take them to the post office for me...we Americans are spoiled!
    Coverstock is a thicker heavier paper..sometimes called cardstock. Comes in different textures and colors. PM me your address, I will send you a card and you can see. :D
    I need to go to the craft store now, will be back in an hour or so.

hahahahaaaa spoiled americans, seriously... sometimes you make me feel like i live in a country with no technology in the middle of nowhere LOL
    the people working for the german post mostely suck, seriously... they are not very polite, i HATE going to the post office because the woman there is really rude! (i might be a bit unorganised and confused sometimes, but thats no reason to be mean to a customer...)
    i think i will write some extra cards (to the 40 ones i already have) just to piss her off a bit more! and then i will mix them all to make sure that they arent sorted by continents :D:lol::lol:
    (gosh i am mean too, right? but she really deserves it!! there are usually no other customers that would have to wait an extra hour because of me so i think its not too bad ;) )

coverstock/cardstock, pretty sure i have never read that before...
    it is past 1am here, i am writing a test in less then 6 hours and i havent been to any of the lessons+ i havent even had a look at the pages yet and afterwards i have to do a presentation that i havent prepared yet, so i think i should leave now too ;)
    (craft stores are the ones where you get papers and colors and those kinda things right? i LOVE those, have fun!!)
  • StillHereStillHere Posts: 7,795
    hahahah Laura you'd better get off here and get to those books before you lose the grade ;)

i know you'll do well

if your English is any evidence of how well you study
    peace,
    jo

http://www.Etsy.com/Shop/SimpleEarthCreations
    "How I choose to feel is how I am." ~ EV/MMc
    "Some people hear their own inner voices with great clearness and they live by what they hear. Such people become crazy, or they become legends." ~ One Stab ~
  • unlost dogsunlost dogs Posts: 12,553
    My cards are here. The stamps were purchased. Now I just have to sit down and write them all out. There are approximately 100 to do, total.

I don't even like most people, how did I end up having to write all of these out?!?

They will be mailed tomorrow and Wednesday, God willin' and the creek don't rise.

(We don't actually have any creeks in my vicinity. In case you were worried.)

Oh, and StillHere _ an important sidenote about usernames. Did you know there also is a Still Here who is NOT you? I found that out when I sent you a funny message, which, taken out of context, made me appear like a lunatic. Still Here was measured and polite in his response, though, kindly pointing out that due to the errant space, I had sent it to the wrong person.
    :oops:
    15 years of sharks 06/30/08 (MA), 05/17/10 (Boston), 09/03/11 (Alpine Valley), 09/04/11 (Alpine Valley), 09/30/12 (Missoula), 07/19/13 (Wrigley), 10/15/13 (Worcester), 10/16/13 (Worcester), 10/25/13 (Hartford), 12/4/13 (Vancouver), 12/6/13 (Seattle), 6/26/14 (Berlin), 6/28/14 (Stockholm), 10/16/14 (Detroit)
  • 8181 Posts: 58,276
    :lol:

i used to work with a guy with the same first name and our last names shared the same first 3 letters

about every 6 weeks i would get an email for him, or he for me.

nothing fun in any of them.
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
    cards are stuffed. somebody want to lick them closed :D
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • mickeyratmickeyrat Posts: 38,011
    My cards are here. The stamps were purchased. Now I just have to sit down and write them all out. There are approximately 100 to do, total.

I don't even like most people, how did I end up having to write all of these out?!?

They will be mailed tomorrow and Wednesday, God willin' and the creek don't rise.

Oh, and StillHere _ an important sidenote about usernames. Did you know there also is a Still Here who is NOT you? I found that out when I sent you a funny message, which, taken out of context, made me appear like a lunatic. Still Here was measured and polite in his response, though, kindly pointing out that due to the errant space, I had sent it to the wrong person.
    appear to be a lunatic? :shock: appear? :o ummmm, ARE!!!!!! ;)
    _____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
    StillHere wrote:
    hahahah Laura you'd better get off here and get to those books before you lose the grade ;)

i know you'll do well

if your English is any evidence of how well you study
    naaaah seriously, i just like languages and english isnt THAT hard to learn...

THANK YOU SO MUCH THE FIXER9, PearlJGirl2010 and Steph (sorry, i dont know your username... ^^)
    i actually am in kinda the same trouble Jo was in before, i dont surely know if the last ones were 10c or facebook, but thank you anyways girls :D & mr fixer ;) )

hahahaa you appeared as a lunatic? noooooooooo...that's impossible heheee :D (jk, jk0

but no i didn't know that. but smalltown beck had once told me she had sent a note to me and found out later that it wasn't me, but i just assumed she sent it to "Jo" on the pit, and not StillHere. hmmm....interesting. I may have to check this fellow out and introduce myself. Hi Still Here, StillHere here...lol!

Well, whichever body of water is closest to you, I hope it don't rise...i love that saying btw.

we DO have large bodies of water on 3 sides so when we say god willing and the creek don't rise, we mean it....Schuylkill River to the north, Manatawny Creek behind, and some other large creek I cannot pronounce the name of on the south side, heck i'm not even sure manatawny is correct. Some Native American names that I know.

well, i'm off to find Still Here and scold him for ghost writing, plagiarism, identity theft, (why in the world he would want THIS identity i cannot fathom) and some other good scold-worthy goodies.

Thanks for the heads up.

peace,
    jo

OH and have fun with the mail! I've started receiving a few cards! How bout you guys?
    peace,
    jo

"Some people hear their own inner voices with great clearness and they live by what they hear. Such people become crazy, or they become legends." ~ One Stab ~
    no cards for me yet....

i'll be dropping mine off at the post office today.
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
    i will finish mine tomorrow, 8 hours in school without a teacher should be enough ;)
  • cat72cat72 Posts: 2,993
    Yay! Another one!!!! :)

And Homemade too! I wasn't that creative.
  • Degi wrote:
    4and20 wrote:

You can PM me and I will give you my FB name/link.
    I ordered the stamps online and I will have to make sure they are under 1oz. I can stick them in my postbox here at home and the postlady will pick them up and take them to the post office for me...we Americans are spoiled!
    Coverstock is a thicker heavier paper..sometimes called cardstock. Comes in different textures and colors. PM me your address, I will send you a card and you can see. :D
    I need to go to the craft store now, will be back in an hour or so.

hahahahaaaa spoiled americans, seriously... sometimes you make me feel like i live in a country with no technology in the middle of nowhere LOL
    the people working for the german post mostely suck, seriously... they are not very polite, i HATE going to the post office because the woman there is really rude! (i might be a bit unorganised and confused sometimes, but thats no reason to be mean to a customer...)
    i think i will write some extra cards (to the 40 ones i already have) just to piss her off a bit more! and then i will mix them all to make sure that they arent sorted by continents :D:lol::lol:
    (gosh i am mean too, right? but she really deserves it!! there are usually no other customers that would have to wait an extra hour because of me so i think its not too bad ;) )

coverstock/cardstock, pretty sure i have never read that before...
    it is past 1am here, i am writing a test in less then 6 hours and i havent been to any of the lessons+ i havent even had a look at the pages yet and afterwards i have to do a presentation that i havent prepared yet, so i think i should leave now too ;)
    (craft stores are the ones where you get papers and colors and those kinda things right? i LOVE those, have fun!!)

I can't remember if it was Germany where we were where the post office was also a bank...or was it France? Either way it was all very confusing to try and figure out how to mail a letter back home. This being my first experience mailing something over seas, they had no patience with my naivete. Now that I think about it more it seems like it was France because I recall this immense language barrier thing going on there, too.
    got two today....

one sent me one of them dorky cards with their picture on it. hehe...i kid i kid on the dorky part. ;)
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
    mickeyrat wrote:
    ... I sent you a funny message, which, taken out of context, made me appear like a lunatic...

Hey, Hey, HEY NOW! I only occasionally show signs of utter lunacy. Most of the time I'm just pleasantly demented. Even you can admit that, can you not Mr. Mickeyrat?
    :crazy:
    15 years of sharks 06/30/08 (MA), 05/17/10 (Boston), 09/03/11 (Alpine Valley), 09/04/11 (Alpine Valley), 09/30/12 (Missoula), 07/19/13 (Wrigley), 10/15/13 (Worcester), 10/16/13 (Worcester), 10/25/13 (Hartford), 12/4/13 (Vancouver), 12/6/13 (Seattle), 6/26/14 (Berlin), 6/28/14 (Stockholm), 10/16/14 (Detroit)
  • mickeyratmickeyrat Posts: 38,011
    mickeyrat wrote:
    ... I sent you a funny message, which, taken out of context, made me appear like a lunatic...

Hey, Hey, HEY NOW! I only occasionally show signs of utter lunacy. Most of the time I'm just pleasantly demented. Even you can admit that, can you not Mr. Mickeyrat?
    Well I can admit that you hide the lunacy well. Most of the time. ;)
    _____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
    mickeyrat wrote:
    mickeyrat wrote:

Well I can admit that you hide the lunacy well. Most of the time. ;)

I do my best. It's a struggle. For example, right now I'm watching an Andrea Bocelli Christmas special on television. I think it's time for commitment papers to be signed, clearly I'm a danger to myself.

Also, none of this is getting these ^#^%&^ cards done...
    Bizarro wrote:
    got two today....

one sent me one of them dorky cards with their picture on it. hehe...i kid i kid on the dorky part. ;)

hahaha i got one of them too..but not dorky...actually very cute! adorable is the word i'd use :D

you're silly Mr. BIZARRO..I love the new name...fitting ;)
    peace,
    jo

StillHere wrote:
    Bizarro wrote:
    got two today....

hahaha i got one of them too..but not dorky...actually very cute! adorable is the word i'd use :D

you're silly Mr. BIZARRO..I love the new name...fitting ;)

I knew we shouldn't have put our photo on the card.
    Mr. Unlost: "But it's a good one!"
    Me: "I don't want to be the people who put their photo on a card."
    Mr. Unlost: "What's wrong with that?"
    Me: "It's a slippery slope to becoming the people who write the holiday letter all about how 'We had the MOST WONDERFUL YEAR EVER and we are SO INCREDIBLY SUCCESSFUL and HAPPY and WELL ADJUSTED and I'm so sorry your life pales in comparison to the neverending showers of joy and riches that mark our daily existence' and I don't want to be those people. Although I admit I'd like the showers of richness part."
    Mr. Unlost: Distracted by a "Skating with the Stars" commercial, "Huh? Did you say something?"
  • RKCNDYRKCNDY Posts: 31,013
    I got one card, but they aren't from the holiday card exchange...AND it was from 'across the pond' to boot!

I'm glad I only have a good handful to send out, but damning myself for doing handmade cards....I feel your pain unlost...I feel your pain...thank goodness I don't have 100 to make! :lol:
    The joy of life comes from our encounters with new experiences, and hence there is no greater joy than to have an endlessly changing horizon, for each day to have a new and different sun.

- Christopher McCandless
    Twas the night of card making and all through the house, the puppies were sleeping, and the TV was advertising, a robotic mouse.
    Awake at midnight a PJ fan was working...measuring and cutting, stamping and punching...lettering and assembling...behind her a kitty was lurking.
    "Must finish cards, must finish cards" she muttered as she glued and sliced paper and vellum. "When will I ever be done?"
    As midnight slipped away, she realized, "They don't have to go out today"
    "Just a few more steps and I can finish the rest, I will do my best."
    Before they go in the mail, she will need to find a scale. Under an ounce they must weigh, is what the post office will say.
    On Newman! On Cliffy! On McFeeley! A stack of holiday cards I shall have for you to send for me one day!
    When the cards are dropped into that big blue box, and followed by a huge sigh of relief...she will be relieved to know that beyond belief, some of that holiday cheer always includes a big case of beer.
    The joy of life comes from our encounters with new experiences, and hence there is no greater joy than to have an endlessly changing horizon, for each day to have a new and different sun.

- Christopher McCandless
  • 4and20 wrote:
    Twas the night of card making and all through the house, the puppies were sleeping, and the TV was advertising, a robotic mouse.
    Awake at midnight a PJ fan was working...measuring and cutting, stamping and punching...lettering and assembling...behind her a kitty was lurking.
    "Must finish cards, must finish cards" she muttered as she glued and sliced paper and vellum. "When will I ever be done?"
    As midnight slipped away, she realized, "They don't have to go out today"
    "Just a few more steps and I can finish the rest, I will do my best."
    Before they go in the mail, she will need to find a scale. Under an ounce they must weigh, is what the post office will say.
    On Newman! On Cliffy! On McFeeley! A stack of holiday cards I shall have for you to send for me one day!
    When the cards are dropped into that big blue box, and followed by a huge sigh of relief...she will be relieved to know that beyond belief, some of that holiday cheer always includes a big case of beer.

:D that was fun to read :D Sounds like you've done a lot of work on your cards!!
    Need a tour Travel Agent??? Pick me :-)

Whatever you are, be a good one --Lincoln
    :D that was fun to read :D Sounds like you've done a lot of work on your cards!!

Thanks!...I am finished with the cards now...just have to sign then and mail them off...I was working on them for a few hours and it was pretty late when I wrote that...call it 'sleep deprived drunk' :lol:

- Christopher McCandless
  • eyedclaareyedclaar Posts: 6,980
    4and20 wrote:

Thanks!...I am finished with the cards now...just have to sign then and mail them off...I was working on them for a few hours and it was pretty late when I wrote that...call it 'sleep deprived drunk' :lol:

I'm exhausted from reading that. I made the right decision to not participate.
    Idaho's Premier Outdoor Writer

Please Support My Writing Habit By Purchasing A Book:

https://www.createspace.com/3437020

http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100000663025696

http://earthtremors.blogspot.com/
    eyedclaar wrote:
    4and20 wrote:

I'm exhausted from reading that. I made the right decision to not participate.

eyed, I HANDmade all of the cards....like those $8 cards you see at the cash register? I made 20 of them.... Limited Edition, I will not make any more of that style ever again. I know not everybody will really care how much time, effort and love I put into making them, but whatever, I like to create, you like to write.

Ooohhh I got another card the other day! Thanks Vedder_Girl77! :D

- Christopher McCandless
    4and20 wrote:

eyed, I HANDmade all of the cards....like those $8 cards you see at the cash register? I made 20 of them.... Limited Edition, I will not make any more of that style ever again. I know not everybody will really care how much time, effort and love I put into making them, but whatever, I like to create, you like to write.

i dunno how the 8$ cards look like but i am sure everybody will appreciate them and the work you put into making them!!!
    Degi wrote:
    4and20 wrote:

i dunno how the 8$ cards look like but i am sure everybody will appreciate them and the work you put into making them!!!

Thanks Degi! You'll love the card! I'm just waiting for the post office to get me the darn stamps!

- Christopher McCandless
    4and20 wrote:

Thanks Degi! You'll love the card! I'm just waiting for the post office to get me the darn stamps!
    awwwwww i get one? :D can't wait for it!!!! will hopefully finish mine soon too, but unfortunately they arent that cool... :(
    hahahaaaaa again, the post office... i think there might be some worldwide cooperation between postoffices to make sure they suck and annoy every customer ;)
  • tinkerbelltinkerbell Posts: 2,161
    The Postal Conspiracy!!!!
    all you need is love, love is all you need
    tinkerbell wrote:
    yeah yeah, right! i think they might have joined forces with the bus and taxi drivers... hotlines for technical support belong to that too :D:D:D:D:D
    Degi wrote:
    tinkerbell wrote:
    yeah yeah, right! i think they might have joined forces with the bus and taxi drivers... hotlines for technical support belong to that too :D:D:D:D:D

I really think all the rejected postal workers go on to become TSA workers..... :lol::lol::lol:

- Christopher McCandless