Holiday Cards n Stuff

Comments

• unlost dogsunlost dogs Posts: 12,553
    chadwick wrote:
    81 wrote:
    also got the santa getting run over by a suv card. :lol:
    that card sleighs me :mrgreen:

Wow, very punny, Chad!
    15 years of sharks 06/30/08 (MA), 05/17/10 (Boston), 09/03/11 (Alpine Valley), 09/04/11 (Alpine Valley), 09/30/12 (Missoula), 07/19/13 (Wrigley), 10/15/13 (Worcester), 10/16/13 (Worcester), 10/25/13 (Hartford), 12/4/13 (Vancouver), 12/6/13 (Seattle), 6/26/14 (Berlin), 6/28/14 (Stockholm), 10/16/14 (Detroit)
  • 8181 Posts: 58,276
    chadwick wrote:
    81 wrote:
    that card sleighs me :mrgreen:

:lol:

i normally am not a big fan of the picture card. this one wasn't too bad.

i like how the driver has his eyes closed.

i'm not quite sure what the guy is thinking. his face says taking dump, his right hand and legs say i must run to help, although i have this kid just standing here. :lol:
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • StillHereStillHere Posts: 7,795
    81 wrote:

i did too..very clever!! :D
    peace,
    jo

http://www.Etsy.com/Shop/SimpleEarthCreations
    "How I choose to feel is how I am." ~ EV/MMc
    "Some people hear their own inner voices with great clearness and they live by what they hear. Such people become crazy, or they become legends." ~ One Stab ~
    thefixer9 wrote:
    So far the 3 cards I got are from 3 of the people that I sent cards too. So I'm not sure if they are just thank you cards are my actual holiday cards.

there are some slow people. i have 4 now and so far only one from somebody i sent one to
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
    chadwick wrote:
    thefixer9 wrote:
    So far the 3 cards I got are from 3 of the people that I sent cards too. So I'm not sure if they are just thank you cards are my actual holiday cards.
    i had your name in the drawing

you're not suppose to tell. :lol:
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
    So I open a card and am completely blown away by the most gorgeous handmade extravaganza... great work 4and20!

I'm echoing the question asked a few posts above _ how on earth did you cut out all those tiny, perfect snowflakes along the edge? It's just beautiful. And you made the paper as well as the card?!?

Wow.

It is unbelievable how talented people are... although, when you revealed your real first name I was disappointed that it wasn't "Coco," "Apple" or "Chastity." (She told us way back that she was named after a celebrity's daughter.)

You'll always be CoCo to me... ;)

Really, thank you so much for the beautiful card.
    15 years of sharks 06/30/08 (MA), 05/17/10 (Boston), 09/03/11 (Alpine Valley), 09/04/11 (Alpine Valley), 09/30/12 (Missoula), 07/19/13 (Wrigley), 10/15/13 (Worcester), 10/16/13 (Worcester), 10/25/13 (Hartford), 12/4/13 (Vancouver), 12/6/13 (Seattle), 6/26/14 (Berlin), 6/28/14 (Stockholm), 10/16/14 (Detroit)
    chadwick wrote:
    Sorry Sorry, Im all confused now, its been a long day... I got your post card today ... Thankyou
    I got tricked by 81 with the Boom card..
    and i actually was thinking i did send you both a post card and a christmas card :mrgreen:
    you could have said yes chad i have a wonderful christmas card from you and i would believe you :wtf:

ever wonder why chad has so much trouble remembering stuff?

032608-starbucks-and-weed.JPG
    peace,
    jo

"Some people hear their own inner voices with great clearness and they live by what they hear. Such people become crazy, or they become legends." ~ One Stab ~
    thefixer9 wrote:

I didn't get you, but if you PM me your address I'll be happy to send you one.

Of course, then you run the risk that I may show up some Saturday night looking for dog-friendly accommodations. I hope you're not to fussy about gassy coonhounds, shedding Labs and a staring puppy.

Kidding!

Right? I am kidding, right?
  • thefixer9thefixer9 Posts: 9,376
    81 wrote:
    chadwick wrote:
    thefixer9 wrote:
    i had your name in the drawing

you're not suppose to tell. :lol:

He already sent me a card! :D
    Tres Mts- 3/16/2011
    Eddie Vedder- 7/16/11
    Brad- 4/21/12 (RSD Performance), 4/27/12, 8/10/12
    Flight To Mars- 5/23/12
    RNDM- 11/27/12

PEARL JAM- 12/6/13 I have finally seen Pearl Jam live!
    thefixer9 wrote:

I didn't get you, but if you PM me your address I'll be happy to send you one.

Of course, then you run the risk that I may show up some Saturday night looking for dog-friendly accommodations. I hope you're not to fussy about gassy coonhounds, shedding Labs and a staring puppy.

Kidding!

Right? I am kidding, right?

Will you really send me a card? If so then thank you!!! :D Besides, I love dogs! ;)
    Tres Mts- 3/16/2011
    Eddie Vedder- 7/16/11
    Flight To Mars- 5/23/12
    RNDM- 11/27/12

Yes I will!
    Yes I will!

Sweet! PM sent! :D
    Tres Mts- 3/16/2011
    Eddie Vedder- 7/16/11
    Flight To Mars- 5/23/12
    RNDM- 11/27/12

• DegiDegi Posts: 1,007
    4and20, YOU ARE AWESOME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! your card feckin rocks and i feel shabby for not having sent mine to you yet and it wont even nearly be as awesome as yours is, sorry... :(
    last one in teh mail today.
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • RKCNDYRKCNDY Posts: 31,013
    Degi wrote:
    4and20, YOU ARE AWESOME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! your card feckin rocks and i feel shabby for not having sent mine to you yet and it wont even nearly be as awesome as yours is, sorry... :(

thanks Degi! and I think I'm more amazed that my card reached you in GERMANY in approximately 5 days from Seattle!
    So I open a card and am completely blown away by the most gorgeous handmade extravaganza... great work 4and20!

I'm echoing the question asked a few posts above _ how on earth did you cut out all those tiny, perfect snowflakes along the edge? It's just beautiful. And you made the paper as well as the card?!?

Wow.

It is unbelievable how talented people are... although, when you revealed your real first name I was disappointed that it wasn't "Coco," "Apple" or "Chastity." (She told us way back that she was named after a celebrity's daughter.)

You'll always be CoCo to me... ;)

Really, thank you so much for the beautiful card.

you're welcome unlost!

I had my chihuahua with her tiny little scissors helping me to cut out the snowflakes...she's such a perfectionist......no, wait...it was the CNC machine that I bought my SO for the holidays...I had to test it out to make sure it works right....

okokok the craft store sells paper punches (like the handheld hole punches) and they make all sorts of designs out of them...circles, squares, reindeer, snowflakes, seashells, spiders, hearts, all sorts of things that would amaze you......sorry 81, they do not make 'Mary Jane Foliage' ones....(yes, I've looked...only the rubber stamps for your dollar bills)
    I did not make the paper this year...I am tempted to start making paper for next years card though!
    The joy of life comes from our encounters with new experiences, and hence there is no greater joy than to have an endlessly changing horizon, for each day to have a new and different sun.

- Christopher McCandless
    i am pretty impressed too that it was actually THAT fast!!!

recieved a card from australia today, thank you so much stardust1976 :D

(starting to get really confused with what are fb/10c and other cards...^^ )
  • Thanks to Pandora, Janet (PearlJGirl2010), & Jenny (number1PJfan)!!!
    :D:D:D
    We were but stones your light made us stars
    4 and 20 has some competition in the hand made catagory. well, maybe competition is the wrong word, but i got a light of stars card today.

pretty pimp....
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • RKCNDYRKCNDY Posts: 31,013
    81 wrote:
    4 and 20 has some competition in the hand made catagory. well, maybe competition is the wrong word, but i got a light of stars card today.

pretty pimp....

pictures please....
    The joy of life comes from our encounters with new experiences, and hence there is no greater joy than to have an endlessly changing horizon, for each day to have a new and different sun.

- Christopher McCandless
    Pm sent dont want to spoil it for anyone else still waiting
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • Degi wrote:

You're very welcome. I had meant to put in a koala with each card, but while I was at the post office, they told me what it would cost to send them, which was a RIDICULOUS amount! (as they then had to be sent as parcels), so alas, no gift. But the sentiment is completely genuine. And I'm happy at least one has gotten to where it should've already. :)
    Degi wrote:

You're very welcome. I had meant to put in a koala with each card, but while I was at the post office, they told me what it would cost to send them, which was a RIDICULOUS amount! (as they then had to be sent as parcels), so alas, no gift. But the sentiment is completely genuine. And I'm happy at least one has gotten to where it should've already. :)

hahahahaaaa i would have liked a koala, but i dont think my parents would have approved ;););) (i think somebody might send me a spider or a snake from australia though :? :? :? :? )
    hope you put holes in the boxes before bringing them to the post office though :P

i know, postage is CRAZY, i put sth. in some of my envelopes and it was about 0,01ish MILIMETER to big and made a difference in shipping costs, so i stopped doing it after a few cards...

i think german postage is about the most expensive one, i got sth. from estonia, i would have payed 3€ to send it and it had and it had an 0,58€ stamp on it... same with US cards, they have HUGE envelopes, some of them including small gifts and they still pay 98c only...
    YAY got another card today, number1PJfan, your card is awesome!! i wanted to have those stickers since quite a while and i love the pictures you chose :D
    franz 1&2, i couldnt stop laughing at that :D
    the next time you're in germany ye gotta message me and we will drink a beer (or jägermeister ;) ) together :D:D:D
  • Degi wrote:
    YAY got another card today, number1PJfan, your card is awesome!! i wanted to have those stickers since quite a while and i love the pictures you chose :D
    the next time you're in germany ye gotta message me and we will drink a beer (or jägermeister ;) ) together :D:D:D

Both of their names really were Franz, I am not joking. And next time I am in Germany, I certainly will look you up. The offer goes both ways, if you ever come near the great state of Tennessee, give me a call and you have a place to call home.
    Degi wrote:

Both of their names really were Franz, I am not joking. And next time I am in Germany, I certainly will look you up. The offer goes both ways, if you ever come near the great state of Tennessee, give me a call and you have a place to call home.

LOL i SWEAR, i only know one german person named Franz, but i guess it was a pretty common name when those 2 franzs were born ;););)
    hahahaa i'll keep it in mind, but i am wondering if there are any good beverages you could introduce me to, except from weird and very sweet soft drinks ;);) i live in the country of jägermeister and homemade schnaps and good beer, octoberfest.... :lol::lol:

EDIT:
    D'OH, i just saw a bottle of jack daniels on my shelf, and felt like that: :idea: you do have something to drink there too ;)
  • Received your card today Rita :D keep me posted on your daughter's project! Merry Christmas!
    We were but stones your light made us stars

You're welcome! Happy holidays :D
  • pandorapandora Posts: 21,855
    Wow! I just got 2 very cool cards
    a city snowglobe from Portland, Oregon...Thanks Jenny
    and
    a Christmas PJ Stickman from Kelly in Chi-town..thank you ... love the peace sign charm 8-)

PJ fans are the sweetest people in the world!
    It has to be the music...it's enlightening! and addicting too, I think !! :D

you're welcome :-) This has been a lot of fun!!
    Need a tour Travel Agent??? Pick me :-)

Whatever you are, be a good one --Lincoln
    pandora wrote:
    Wow! I just got 2 very cool cards
    a city snowglobe from Portland, Oregon...Thanks Jenny
    and
    a Christmas PJ Stickman from Kelly in Chi-town..thank you ... love the peace sign charm 8-)

PJ fans are the sweetest people in the world!
    It has to be the music...it's enlightening! and addicting too, I think !! :D

ya think???

nahhhh :lol::D
    peace,
    jo